Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1426534 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 16, 2016
klexycole:

Location? embarassed

Ikeja, Lagos
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by walexsho(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
segzy14:

Ikeja, Lagos
The location of the Immigration office, not where you reside
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
walexsho:

The location of the Immigration office, not where you reside

That is the location now.
Not far from Ikeja mall(shoprite)
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by nek12: 11:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
yemmy75:

Have you been able to get yours done? I went to the ilorin office today and was told 27k
Yes, I was able to do it. Mine was renewal. I did it in the evening and collected it the next day in the morning at the price of 28k with abeg. I did at ikoyi,lagos though.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Justiceotuya(m): 4:18am On Oct 19, 2016
@moyus91

This was easy for you because you have a brother there. I plan on getting one but the stories I hear are disheartening. In the website it was claimed that for 15k, you would be able to get one. But when you reach there they will tell you to drop something and if you don't have, the passport will take two months to be processed.

I want to ask if anyone has paid just 15k to get his passport in two days without any additional expenses and any help from within in Abuja then I know there is hope
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yemmy75(m): 10:57am On Oct 21, 2016
Was finally able to get mine in ilorin this week at the rate of 27k. Got it same day
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Carmal90(m): 11:05am On Oct 21, 2016
yemmy75:
Was finally able to get mine in ilorin this week at the rate of 27k. Got it same day

Pls did u anybody there??
Pls throw more light
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by walexsho(m): 8:21am On Oct 23, 2016
I made a great mistake going to Abẹ́òkúta for the passport not knowing it can be done in Ikẹja, I thought the available option was Ikoyi ...You can Imagine, Despite paying 28k as at 22nd September, Till now I've not been Given.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yemmy75(m): 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
Carmal90:

Pls did u anybody there??
Pls throw more light
No. Just went there with my state of origin, birth certificate, photocopy of guarantor's passport and national id card and my 27k. Went early in the morning and got it by late afternoon
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Folksyharry(m): 11:09am On Oct 28, 2016
I just saw this thread now. I'm in Benin at the moment and I want to go to NIS office on Monday. All my documents are in PH but I heard I can still apply without presenting my Local govt of origin and birth certificate. Is that true?
I can make photocopies of those documents from my flash drive but I don't know if they will accept the copies without seeing the originals. I can get photocopy of a guarantor passport and driver's licence.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by destiny147: 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
I want to get an international passport.. Very important pls
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Modele35: 10:43am On Oct 31, 2016
i did my own change of name in Ikoyi about 4 weeks ago. they still charged me 50k. i filled d form by myself, paid in d bank by myself and wrote all d letters and provided docs. dey still charged me 50k o! got it in about two weeks and a few days

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by isaacosas01(m): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
For a newbie like the info on this thread is classic.

I want to apply for the int'l passport for the first time and as a Nigerian I want to through the online application portal to save cost but my fear is I don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish, I don't want to apply online and go their office for the interview and be asked to pay another bogus sum by our immigration friends.

Can anyone advise on the action to take, saving cost is every important to me as I only need the int'l passport to use as a means of identification.

So should I go on with the online application and pay less or will it backfire and i'll have to pay more.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 01, 2016
Emmett8000:
I did my own 23k
where?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 3:22am On Nov 01, 2016
isaacosas01:
For a newbie like the info on this thread is classic.

I want to apply for the int'l passport for the first time and as a Nigerian I want to through the online application portal to save cost but my fear is I don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish, I don't want to apply online and go their office for the interview and be asked to pay another bogus sum by our immigration friends.

Can anyone advise on the action to take, saving cost is every important to me as I only need the int'l passport to use as a means of identification.

So should I go on with the online application and pay less or will it backfire and i'll have to pay more.

someone answer thid please....
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by osolee(m): 7:26am On Nov 01, 2016
just a few question....

1. My passport has expired would love to renew it...how much in lagos or IB?

2. My name is not spelled correctly on my passport and my dob is also not correct.

how do i go about renewing and changing my name & dob?

cc: justwise
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
it's 28k, plus 2k for guarantor and court stamp. go with your certificate of origin and birth certificate.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tayo52: 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
drmikeadams:
..got mine renewed in festac..you can pm me.
just want to no what it entail to renew passport,although it will xpire by next year june,but it been damage by water turning by passport page to black n white,will they renew it for me?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by curious123: 8:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
Lost passport finally replaced

OGIYEN:
Pls curios
wen you finally do yours in Lagos pls let me know so I will let my friends that wants to do knw.since Azuh that has not done it knows better than someone that has done it.quote author=curious123 post=48510275]Please do u know of anyone that has successfully done there's in lagos, where, and how long did it take?

quote author=AZUH post=48484538]@ogiyen that is not true . Lost case or change of name can be done in Lagos and it's 40-45k . Don't confuse people .
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tunddy(m): 9:20am On Nov 05, 2016
Pls can someone advice me on the steps to follow. I lost my international passport long ago and I need another international passport now, should I just work down to passport office and tell them that I want to obtain an international passport,meaning I should not brother telling them that I lost my international passport or should I tell them that I lost my passport.which do you think is favorable ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by blustone(m): 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
tunddy:
Pls can someone advice me on the steps to follow. I lost my international passport long ago and I need another international passport now, should I just work down to passport office and tell them that I want to obtain an international passport,meaning I should not brother telling them that I lost my international passport or should I tell them that I lost my passport.which do you think is favorable ?

Whichever option you choose, it might also be wise to file for a police report and keep. So that you will be covered if the lost passport shows up at a wrong place (crime scene?). Unless if you are sure it was destroyed when it got "lost".

My 2kobo.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tunddy(m): 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
blustone:

Whichever option you choose, it might also be wise to file for a police report and keep. So that you will be covered if the lost passport shows up at a wrong place (crime scene?). Unless if you are sure it was destroyed when it got "lost".

My 2kobo.
Are you saying that I should tell the imigration officer that I lost my passport so that dey can do a new one for me
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chrisj2(m): 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2016
tunddy:
Are you saying that I should tell the immigration officer that I lost my passport so that dey can do a new one for me

I am same situation as yourself but I am in the UK and the process is just very hard especially for folks that do not live in London or have plenty of time to waste...

The process of renewal of a lost passport is far more difficult than getting a new one - reporting to the Police in the UK means nothing as they do not link with the Nigerian system and they are really not that bothered with other passports. Moreover, I think I actually lost mine at MMA on the very first time that I used the passport - it was probably stolen during the palaver of the being checked by immigration and other hangers-on or was pinched (pick-pocketed) on my way to the car park by those annoying folks that follow you around for currency exchanges and/or help with luggage. It might even have been retained by one of the checkers - MMA hassle! Passport now expired anyway!

Anyway, the Nigerian Embassy ask for so many things that I will not be able to supply easily - so not worth getting another passport in the UK. I will travel with a VISA and renew passport in Nigeria - more expensive but hey ho; will try to make the money back by working and not wasting it on travelling to London and missing work/pay...

* Finally back to your situation: I do not think it is wise to apply for a new passport as a First Time applicant without telling them about the lost passport... The system should find out anyway but then this is the Nigerian system where an adult passport expires after just 5 years and you have to go back do more biometrics - hello! The biometrics do not change - so why are we just being so ignorant in Nigeria?[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tunddy(m): 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2016
chrisj2:

I am same situation as yourself but I am in the UK and the process is just very hard especially for folks that do not live in London or have plenty of time to waste...

The process of renewal of a lost passport is far more difficult than getting a new one - reporting to the Police in the UK means nothing as they do not link with the Nigerian system and they are really not that bothered with other passports. Moreover, I think I actually lost mine at MMA on the very first time that I used the passport - it was probably stolen during the palaver of the being checked by immigration and other hangers-on or was pinched (pick-pocketed) on my way to the car park by those annoying folks that follow you around for currency exchanges and/or help with luggage. It might even have been retained by one of the checkers - MMA hassle! Passport now expired anyway!

Anyway, the Nigerian Embassy ask for so many things that I will not be able to supply easily - so not worth getting another passport in the UK. I will travel with a VISA and renew passport in Nigeria - more expensive but hey ho; will try to make the money back by working and not wasting it on travelling to London and missing work/pay...

* Finally back to your situation: I do not think it is wise to apply for a new passport as a First Time applicant without telling them about the lost passport... The system should find out anyway but then this is the Nigerian system where an adult passport expires after just 5 years and you have to go back do more biometrics - hello! The biometrics do not change - so why are we just being so ignorant in Nigeria?[i][/i]
Okie thanks for the info
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tunddy(m): 7:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
But then what is the cost of obtaining a lost case passport? And what are the steps to follow
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by popy35: 2:59am On Nov 06, 2016
come o, all this talk of 27k. I did mine last week for 23k in Jos. Was captured online, submitted a guarantors passport, indigene certificate, birth certificate, national ID of guarantor and two passport photographs shikena. I smell fish in Lagos offices.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by themodernman: 2:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
chrisj2:

Does one still need a guarantor to RENEW one's passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chrisj2(m): 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2016
themodernman:

Does one still need a guarantor to RENEW one's passport?

I really do not know precisely what it entails to renew a Nigerian passport talk less of a 'lost' Nigerian passport. All I know is that they want you to report it to the Police, probably going to get some sworn affidavit of some sort, then probably provide them with details of lost passport and where and when and how etc. Then you have the rest of the process of renewing a passport.

I do not understand why one needs anything other than a certified and signed passport photographs to renew a passport All the details of the original passport should still be on the system (just like the BVN ones) and all they need is to update the photographs which must be signed by a verifiable 'professional or clergy'. If there are other changes like addresses and marital status, titles and what else then that should be in the application form.

Like I said, Nja has lots of money and lot of advice and access to sophisticated ways of doing things including experts from other countries but we prefer the ignorant and most difficult way for our people; and more expensive way too - they have to have there bribes otherwise why 5 years passports?

* I got the UK renewal in less than 2 weeks and did not have to leave home - all online except sending the photos and old passport which actually did not even need signing by anyone (just one passport photo) and I was informed by text throughout the process. In fact they texted me to inform that my passport had 3 months left - so they encouraged me to renew.

** Is this possible in Nja - yes of course, I remember sitting next to an oyinbo man on flight who was a consultant on a big IT project in Nja... - All the resources are there already and they should know what to do...

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (826) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.