Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Things To Do Before You Build A Website (from An SEO Point Of View) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Things To Do Before You Build A Website (from An SEO Point Of View) (671 Views)

BREAKING!!- Google Is Hiring An SEO Expert To Improve It's Search Engine Ranking / How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? / 10 Questions To Ask When Hiring An SEO Consultant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things To Do Before You Build A Website (from An SEO Point Of View) by KEVIN666(m): 10:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
OK here are my tips before you even start choose a niche with care research your keywords carefully check competition, traffic, on page and off page competition, actually look at and Analise the top ten sites for each keyword you choose. Keywords are where your money will come from, get this part wrong you are bleeped from the beginning. No amount of SEO will help if you get the keyword bit wrong. I always use 6 keywords per site.

Domain names
Lots of different information on the internet about this, so this is my opinion only and I could be wrong, but it works OK for me.

1. When ever possible include your main keyword in your domain name. Do a google search for any term and you will see Google will highlight that term within the domain name. So Google looks for this.
2. Dont use underscore or hyphens bettertohavealongname than better-to-have- a-long-name
3. Always buy a .com and yes I know .info will rank but .com looks and sounds more professional.
4. Always check to see if there are any expiring domains with your keywords in older domains rank better. You might even pick up one with PR.

Make sure your description accurately reflects what your keyword is for any particular page. Do not use a generic description for all pages, the description is what will entice users to click your link above all others, its your chance to get users to click your link. Spend some time on this and get it right.

Don't do this

More info about getting free traffic to your site.

Do something like this

I can show you how to drive thousands of users to your site all of them with fists full of cash, this is so easy to do you wont believe it. Start right now.

You got any more ideas to add to this? Please do share here... Love to learn from you also

Kevin Eze
Re: Things To Do Before You Build A Website (from An SEO Point Of View) by soldierdollar(m): 6:22am On Oct 28, 2014
KEVIN666:
OK here are my tips before you even start choose a niche with care research your keywords carefully check competition, traffic, on page and off page competition, actually look at and Analise the top ten sites for each keyword you choose. Keywords are where your money will come from, get this part wrong you are bleeped from the beginning. No amount of SEO will help if you get the keyword bit wrong. I always use 6 keywords per site.

Domain names
Lots of different information on the internet about this, so this is my opinion only and I could be wrong, but it works OK for me.

1. When ever possible include your main keyword in your domain name. Do a google search for any term and you will see Google will highlight that term within the domain name. So Google looks for this.
2. Dont use underscore or hyphens bettertohavealongname than better-to-have- a-long-name
3. Always buy a .com and yes I know .info will rank but .com looks and sounds more professional.
4. Always check to see if there are any expiring domains with your keywords in older domains rank better. You might even pick up one with PR.

Make sure your description accurately reflects what your keyword is for any particular page. Do not use a generic description for all pages, the description is what will entice users to click your link above all others, its your chance to get users to click your link. Spend some time on this and get it right.

Don't do this

More info about getting free traffic to your site.

Do something like this

I can show you how to drive thousands of users to your site all of them with fists full of cash, this is so easy to do you wont believe it. Start right now.

You got any more ideas to add to this? Please do share here... Love to learn from you also

Kevin Eze

I can do with this piece on my blog cheesy
Re: Things To Do Before You Build A Website (from An SEO Point Of View) by KEVIN666(m): 7:52am On Oct 29, 2014
soldierdollar:

I can do with this piece on my blog cheesy

Ok, Make sure you give credit to the author. cool

Besides whats the name of your blog?

(1) (Reply)

Partners Needed Urgently / Looking For The Most Affordable And Best Hosting For Your Website? / Cpmserve Publishers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.