Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message (7016 Views)

Single Girl, 31, Who Longed To Wed, Hanged Herself As She Struggled To Cope With / British Mum Leaves Baby To Die During Sex Romp With A Nigerian(PIC) / Indian Woman Hanged From A Tree After Being Sexually Assaulted On A Train (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by daddyiel02: 10:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
The 26-year-old Iranian woman who was executed on Saturday for murdering a man she said tried to rape her sent a final message to her mother, asking her to make sure her organs would be donated. Reyhaneh Jabbari is largely calm in the voice message she recorded for her mother in April; in it she seems resigned to her fate after being on death row for five years. Iranian activists distributed a translation of the message, equating it to Jabbari’s will.

Jabbari was convicted of killing a former intelligence officer who had called her claiming he wanted her interior design advice. He then allegedly tried to rape her, and she stabbed him with a pen knife, although she denies murdering him. In her last message, she says her fate would have been death regardless.

The full text of the letter was translated by the National Council of Resistance of Iran:

Dear Sholeh, today I learned that it is now my turn to face Qisas (the Iranian regime’s law of retribution). I am hurt as to why you did not let me know yourself that I have reached the last page of the book of my life. Don’t you think that I should know? You know how ashamed I am that you are sad. Why did you not take the chance for me to kiss your hand and that of dad?
The world allowed me to live for 19 years. That ominous night it was I that should have been killed. My body would have been thrown in some corner of the city, and after a few days, the police would have taken you to the coroner’s office to identify my body and there you would also learn that I had been raped as well. The murderer would have never been found since we don’t have their wealth and their power. Then you would have continued your life suffering and ashamed, and a few years later you would have died of this suffering and that would have been that.
However, with that cursed blow the story changed. My body was not thrown aside, but into the grave of Evin Prison and its solitary wards, and now the grave-like prison of Shahr-e Ray. But give in to the fate and don’t complain. You know better that death is not the end of life.
You taught me that one comes to this world to gain an experience and learn a lesson and with each birth a responsibility is put on one’s shoulder. I learned that sometimes one has to fight. I do remember when you told me that the carriage man protested the man who was flogging me, but the flogger hit the lash on his head and face that ultimately led to his death. You told me that for creating a value one should persevere even if one dies.
You taught us that as we go to school one should be a lady in face of the quarrels and complaints. Do you remember how much you underlined the way we behave? Your experience was incorrect. When this incident happened, my teachings did not help me. Being presented in court made me appear as a cold-blooded murderer and a ruthless criminal. I shed no tears. I did not beg. I did not cry my head off since I trusted the law.
But I was charged with being indifferent in face of a crime. You see, I didn’t even kill the mosquitoes and I threw away the cockroaches by taking them by their antennas. Now I have become a premeditated murderer. My treatment of the animals was interpreted as being inclined to be a boy and the judge didn’t even trouble himself to look at the fact that at the time of the incident I had long and polished nails.
How optimistic was he who expected justice from the judges! He never questioned the fact that my hands are not coarse like those of a sportswoman, especially a boxer. And this country that you planted its love in me never wanted me and no one supported me when under the blows of the interrogator I was crying out and I was hearing the most vulgar terms. When I shed the last sign of beauty from myself by shaving my hair I was rewarded: 11 days in solitary.
Dear Sholeh, don’t cry for what you are hearing. On the first day that in the police office an old unmarried agent hurt me for my nails I understood that beauty is not looked for in this era. The beauty of looks, beauty of thoughts and wishes, a beautiful handwriting, beauty of the eyes and vision, and even beauty of a nice voice.
My dear mother, my ideology has changed and you are not responsible for it. My words are unending and I gave it all to someone so that when I am executed without your presence and knowledge, it would be given to you. I left you much handwritten material as my heritage.
However, before my death I want something from you, that you have to provide for me with all your might and in any way that you can. In fact this is the only thing I want from this world, this country and you. I know you need time for this. Therefore, I am telling you part of my will sooner. Please don’t cry and listen. I want you to go to the court and tell them my request. I cannot write such a letter from inside the prison that would be approved by the head of prison; so once again you have to suffer because of me. It is the only thing that if even you beg for it I would not become upset although I have told you many times not to beg to save me from being executed.
My kind mother, dear Sholeh, the one more dear to me than my life, I don’t want to rot under the soil. I don’t want my eye or my young heart to turn into dust. Beg so that it is arranged that as soon as I am hanged my heart, kidney, eye, bones and anything that can be transplanted be taken away from my body and given to someone who needs them as a gift. I don’t want the recipient know my name, buy me a bouquet, or even pray for me. I am telling you from the bottom of my heart that I don’t want to have a grave for you to come and mourn there and suffer. I don’t want you to wear black clothing for me. Do your best to forget my difficult days. Give me to the wind to take away.
The world did not love us. It did not want my fate. And now I am giving in to it and embrace the death. Because in the court of God I will charge the inspectors, I will charge inspector Shamlou, I will charge judge, and the judges of country’s Supreme Court that beat me up when I was awake and did not refrain from harassing me. In the court of the creator I will charge Dr. Farvandi, I will charge Qassem Shabani and all those that out of ignorance or with their lies wronged me and trampled on my rights and didn’t pay heed to the fact that sometimes what appears as reality is different from it.
Dear soft-hearted Sholeh, in the other world it is you and me who are the accusers and others who are the accused. Let’s see what GGod wants. I wanted to embrace you until I die. I love you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by Mologi(m): 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
The woman was guilty according to law(sharia i think)
and her punishment death by hanging..we have nothing to shout about...bt due to fact that we see this as inhuman...we have to talk...i dnt know if the law is trying to occupy molest or what......babaric

R.I.P...WOMAN
Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by menix(m): 10:50pm On Oct 27, 2014
Wow.. Soobzz..
RIP beauty..
Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by JEITO: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2014
So touching! I wonder which would be preferable: to know when you'll die yet be unable to do nothing to change it, or, to die without even thinking death was close by cry
Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 27, 2014
#crying.. I'm so emotional rite now sad RIP dear!
Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by freda506(f): 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
This is beyond sad. cry sad
Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by otipoju(m): 11:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
I dare not say what is on my mind. Some things are better left unsaid. Still cannot understand how a love for God will translate into a readiness to destroy what he created.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
We still live in a sexist society where rape and its consequences are downplayed.
19 years on death row?! What the hell were they keeping her alive so long for? That's like serving a life sentence and an execution. SADISTS!

1 Like

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by Fkforyou(m): 11:34pm On Oct 27, 2014
Its really sad,R.I.P lady.
Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
Poor woman. Really sad.

5minsmadness and InvertedHammer, how comes her hijab did not protect her?

5 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 27, 2014
*cryin*oh God!
Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by 5minsmadness: 12:12am On Oct 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:
Poor woman. Really sad.

Protect her from what exactly? Being raped? Women that wear hijabs get raped yes, but skimpily clad women get raped more. Its simple logic.

But of course your response to this post isn't going to be logical so what's the point. Walk around naked if you like. No one will rape you. Hopefully.

5 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by delishpot: 12:13am On Oct 28, 2014
All these middle eastern men like to rape o. They have no regards for women at all.
See her even saying if she was raped and killed her family will be living in shame? Can you imagine how low they place their women? Na wa sha.

7 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 28, 2014
After the Lion Women movement in Iran, things are still not quite right.
What a powerful letter. May her soul rest in peace. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 28, 2014
5minsmadness:

Protect her from what exactly? Being raped? Women that wear hijabs get raped yes, bit skimpily clad women get raped more. Its simple logic.

You have conducted a research, interesting, can you share it with me, please?

But of course your response to this post isn't going to be logical so what's the point. Walk around naked if you like. No one will rape you. Hopefully.

Be reassured I will do whatever I want. wink

6 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 28, 2014
It pains me that this life is like this, some times I just wish the world should end , my question is after executing her does it cleanse the country of its sins, will it mark the end of molest ? "Pathetic"

4 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by 5minsmadness: 12:34am On Oct 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You have conducted a research, interesting, can you share it with me, please?

Its simple logic really. You can reason with your brain without resorting to Google. Hopefully.

A man is aroused to a woman's body; the more of her he sees, the more sexually aroused he is. That arousal increases manifold while viewing areas like the woman's breasts, nippIes , groin and buttocks. Its basic biology and what drives men to have sex with women and thus propagate the species. Women too are drawn to areas of a man's body like facial hair, muscle, baritone voice etc etc. Its basic biology.

It only stands to reason then that the more a woman exposes her 'private regions' the more men around her are going to get aroused. Now in a sane society those men have to deal with their sexuaI urges, they have to have the 'self control' you ladies so often lack in your indecent dressing but are quick to throw in men's faces. So the men control themselves and try to meet your eyes while talking with you instead of looking down at your nippIes.

Unfortunately, not all men have this self control. Not all men are gentlemen. So some of these men will like to act on thier urges. Since society frowns on forced sex, they stalk their prey and act out these urges when they get the females alone. They are called rapists.

Rapists exist in every society. They are among Christians and Moslems alike. However, a woman who exposes her 'private regions' is more likely to ellicit male sexuaI arousal at a higher frequency than a woman who is properly covered. It doesn't mean the woman who is properly covered will never get raped but the probability of it happening is much less than for a woman who for instance wears a bikini to work everyday.

In fact this is the main reason Arab females wear hijabs. To cover thier privates and appear decent. It is more of a religious thing than, say, an adaptive habit.

Once again, someone with logic on their side should be able to follow this simple line of reasoning. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Be reassured I will do whatever I want. wink

No you won't. Not really. You are only typing that to feel good. No matter how hot you are right now you won't go to work stark naked although it would be more comfortable to do so. Just saying.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by valmunich(m): 1:05am On Oct 28, 2014
I'm short of words sad

It's a pity sad

I wonder what kinda government these Iranians run BTW

2 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by MARKone(m): 1:17am On Oct 28, 2014
Dear lord embarassed

Heart Breaking...I just don't know what Islam, has against their women.

2 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by InvertedHammer: 1:26am On Oct 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:
Poor woman. Really sad.

/

Not trying to sound misogynistic, but is there something about you ladies and selective comprehension?

We talked about Nigerian ladies and nudit.y.

All of a sudden you are generalizing and dragging every woman in the world into the mix.

Google the phrase "higher probability of an event occurring" and stop beating a dead horse.

There you have it.

\

3 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:46am On Oct 28, 2014
The whole thing looks like a movie, unfortunately the lead actress is very real and dead at the moment. RIP young lady.

2 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by Ezibless: 5:51am On Oct 28, 2014
Sometimes i wonder if having court of law was for justice to be done and the innocent freed?

1 Like

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by yousee(m): 6:09am On Oct 28, 2014
Why are you all acting surprised?

Did we expect any different? Women are second class citizens in the middle east.

The few that speak out are either ruthlessly silenced or merely tolerated because of possible backlash from other countries. E.g Malala Yousufa

5 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by Zehner(f): 6:24am On Oct 28, 2014
This is so sad! cry
Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by SalC: 6:35am On Oct 28, 2014
Really heartbreaking
Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 28, 2014
5minsmadness:

Protect her from what exactly? Being raped? Women that wear hijabs get raped yes, but skimpily clad women get raped more. Its simple logic.

rape has never had anything to do with what a woman is or is not wearing, thats what rapists always want to use as an excuse. Shifting the blame and putting it on the next person. U get children under 5yrs being raped. It clearly never has anything to do with how a person is dressed. It has everything to do with someone who is sick in the head and doesnt have self-control whatsoever!

Trying to justify rape because of what someone was putting on it just like a thief justifying stealing someone's wallet because he is hungry and hasnt had anything to eat all day.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by Kanwulia: 9:00am On Oct 28, 2014
The only kind of justice in this world that answereth by FIRE is KARMA! kiss
Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by coogar: 11:58am On Oct 28, 2014
SalC:
Really heartbreaking

what is heartbreaking?
she killed someone - when pistorius shot at his girlfriend, you all wanted him dead.

a woman deliberately killed a man & she then lied to cover up the murder that he was trying to räpe her.......the court found her guilty of murder & you are saying its heartbreaking.

murder in iran attracts capital punishment. next time, she should keep her pen knife to herself.

5 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/

Not trying to sound misogynistic, but is there something about you ladies and selective comprehension?

We talked about Nigerian ladies and nudit.y.

All of a sudden you are generalizing and dragging every woman in the world into the mix.

Google the phrase "higher probability of an event occurring" and stop beating a dead horse.

There you have it.

\

Wrong!

You claimed that ladies get rap*ed because they dress in the wrong way.
What about this lady? Did she dress in the wrong way?

Answer!

4 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by 5minsmadness: 12:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
[quote author=Mondisweets post=27513897] rape has never had anything to do with what a woman is or is not wearing,[/qoute]
Yeah, keep believing the lie sister.

thats what rapists always want to use as an excuse. Shifting the blame and putting it on the next person.

Did it ever occur to you that they always say that because it is the truth?

U get children under 5yrs being raped.

These people are in a special group. They are a set of adults attracted sexually to children. They are called pedophiles. A pedophile is not interested in raping an adult even if he has the chance. Its an entirely different ballgame and yes it is a psychiatric problem.

It clearly never has anything to do with how a person is dressed. It has everything to do with someone who is sick in the head and doesnt have self-control whatsoever!
This is you ranting and being emotional. Rrape is a terrible physical and psychological crime, yes. We shouldnt blame those being raped, ok.

But since it is such a horrible experience isn't it better that the woman does all in her power to avoid being a victim of such a heinous crime? If you were given certain safety precautions to take to avoid being raped, wouldn't you do it? If you knew walking down a dark alley was more likely to get you raped, wouldn't you avoid the alley at night? If you knew being decently dressed would reduce your chance of being sexyalIy molested then wouldn't you do it for your peace of mind?

Trying to justify rape because of what someone was putting on it just like a thief justifying stealing someone's wallet because he is hungry and hasnt had anything to eat all day.

Well, for a thief , that's a pretty good excuse. However a person that leaves his wallet hanging out of his pocket carelessly has a higher probability of being robbed. Thanks for proving my point.

2 Likes

Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by YourCoffin: 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
If I'm to go by the details of her trial, she isn't that innocent. Still, I'm strongly against capital punishment. It serves no good!
Re: Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message by coogar: 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2014
YourCoffin:
If I'm to go by the details of her trial, she isn't that innocent. Still, I'm strongly against capital punishment. It serves no good!

she was a murderer......
it baffles me how the ever biased western media react to such incidents in the middle-east when USA execute prisoners every week.

this woman premeditatedly killed the victim. there was a text message on her phone that read "i think i am going to kill him tonight". she bought the knife 2 days before the incident - she was 200% guilty

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity / 13 Questions For Feminists / Her Married Couple friend Were Intimate Shamelessly Right Infront Of Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.