Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,093 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:45 AM

Learning To Love The Person You Found! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Learning To Love The Person You Found! (4996 Views)

Can You Marry The Person You Are Currently Dating? / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / 16 Funny Ways To Reply 'i Love You' (if You Don't Love The Person Back) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Learning To Love The Person You Found! by Gorgeous58(f): 11:34pm On Oct 27, 2014
Every relationship has a cycle...in the beginning, you fall in love with your partner. You anticipate their calls, want their touch, and like their idiosyncrasies. Falling in love wasn't hard. In fact, it was a completely natural and spontaneous experience. You didn't have to DO anything. That's why it's called "falling" in love.

People in love sometimes say, "I was swept of my feet." Picture the expression. It implies that you were just standing there; doing nothing, and then something happened TO YOU. Falling in love is a passive and spontaneous experience.

But after a few months or years of being together, the euphoria of love fades. It's a natural cycle of EVERY relationship. Slowly but surely, phone calls become a bother (if they come at all), touch is not always welcome (when it happens), and your spouse's idiosyncrasies, instead od being cute, drive you nuts.

The symptoms of this stage vary with every relationship; you will notice a dramatic difference between the initial stage when you were in love and a much duller or even angry subsequent stage. At this point, you and/or your partner might start asking, "Am I with the right person?" And as you reflect on the euphoria of the love you once had, you may begin to desire that experience with someone else. This is when relationships breakdown.

The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person; it's learning to love the person you found. People blame their partners for their unhappiness and look outside for fulfillment. Extramarital fulfillment comes in all shapes and sizes. Infidelity is the most common. But sometimes people turn to work, a hobby, a friendship, excessive TV, or abusive substances. But the answer to this dilemma does NOT lie outside your relationship.

It lies within it. I'm not saying that you couldn't fall in love with someone else. You could and TEMPORARILY you'd feel better. But you'd be in the same situation a few years later. Because (listen carefully to this):The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person; it's learning to love the person you found.

SUSTAINING love is not a passive or spontaneous experience. You have to work on it day in day out. It takes time, effort, and energy. And most importantly, it demands WISDOM. You have to know WHAT TO DO to make it work. Make no mistake about it. Love is NOT a mystery. There are specific things you can do (with or without your partner). Just as there are also laws for relationships. If you know and apply these laws, the results are predictable. You can "make" love. Love is therefore a "decision", Not just a feeling.

2 Likes

Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 28, 2014
Love is overrated. It's just limerence.

4 Likes

Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by deuce7(m): 12:10am On Oct 28, 2014
I can so relate to this. It just seems the Op is talking to me.

1 Like

Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by AfricanApple(f): 7:44am On Oct 28, 2014
dats d mistake so many of us make in our relationships. people need to be aware of this before they can really understand it

imagine someone who everyday tells u dat he loves u now finds it difficult to say once in a week
someone who can't spend a day without seeing u is now okay with spending a month without seeing u... d list goes on

dats why wen u are into a new relationship don't allow dat 'in love phase' get into your head too much, try to be even no matter how vibrant u feel

what u feel u can't continue to do forever don't start it. relationship matter is so complicated one has to be careful

4 Likes

Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by Obinoscopy(m): 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gorgeous58:
Every relationship has a cycle...in the beginning, you fall in love with your partner. You anticipate their calls, want their touch, and like their idiosyncrasies. Falling in love wasn't hard. In fact, it was a completely natural and spontaneous experience. You didn't have to DO anything. That's why it's called "falling" in love.

People in love sometimes say, "I was swept of my feet." Picture the expression. It implies that you were just standing there; doing nothing, and then something happened TO YOU. Falling in love is a passive and spontaneous experience.

But after a few months or years of being together, the euphoria of love fades. It's a natural cycle of EVERY relationship. Slowly but surely, phone calls become a bother (if they come at all), touch is not always welcome (when it happens), and your spouse's idiosyncrasies, instead od being cute, drive you nuts.

The symptoms of this stage vary with every relationship; you will notice a dramatic difference between the initial stage when you were in love and a much duller or even angry subsequent stage. At this point, you and/or your partner might start asking, "Am I with the right person?" And as you reflect on the euphoria of the love you once had, you may begin to desire that experience with someone else. This is when relationships breakdown.

The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person; it's learning to love the person you found. People blame their partners for their unhappiness and look outside for fulfillment. Extramarital fulfillment comes in all shapes and sizes. Infidelity is the most common. But sometimes people turn to work, a hobby, a friendship, excessive TV, or abusive substances. But the answer to this dilemma does NOT lie outside your relationship.

It lies within it. I'm not saying that you couldn't fall in love with someone else. You could and TEMPORARILY you'd feel better. But you'd be in the same situation a few years later. Because (listen carefully to this):The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person; it's learning to love the person you found.

SUSTAINING love is not a passive or spontaneous experience. You have to work on it day in day out. It takes time, effort, and energy. And most importantly, it demands WISDOM. You have to know WHAT TO DO to make it work. Make no mistake about it. Love is NOT a mystery. There are specific things you can do (with or without your partner). Just as there are also laws for relationships. If you know and apply these laws, the results are predictable. You can "make" love. Love is therefore a "decision", Not just a feeling.
Plagiarism.

You didn't even quote the author or the link

1 Like

Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by tpia6: 5:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
deuce7:
I can so relate to this. It just seems the Op is talking to me.

she must be psychic then.
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by deuce7(m): 6:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
tpia6:

she must be psychic then.
Lol. Maybe she is. I recently lost a relationship and I can see the reasons for the breakup in most of the things she wrote.
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by tpia6: 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2014
So, you can testify to her psychic abilities.
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by mployer(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Plagiarism.

Is That all you noticed from the beautiful piece undecided
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by GoodFaith: 7:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
How can u learn to love ?
liar
secretive
manipulative
disrespectful
Selfish, me, me person
U both on different end of morals and values
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2014
nanauju:
Happy birthday to me

Happy Birthday to you. smiley

You know what?... I think you should switch off
your phone, put on your best dress, take a step outta your room, and have a memorable birthday. OFFLINE.
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by Gorgeous58(f): 8:09pm On Oct 28, 2014
nanauju:
Happy birthday to me

Happy Birthday. Have a blast!
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by Gorgeous58(f): 8:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
@Obinoscopy - Oga, if you have a link for my write up, you should post it. I don't do plagiarism, in fact I hate the act. Check out my profile, you'd see my other Topics. I write stuff depending on my mood, sometimes from personal experiences or other peoples experiences, alright? Cool?

1 Like

Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by jmoore(m): 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gorgeous58:
@Obinoscopy - Oga, if you have a link for my write up, you should post it. I don't do plagiarism, in fact I hate the act. Check out my profile, you'd see my other Topics. I write stuff depending on my mood, sometimes from personal experiences or other peoples experiences, alright? Cool?

Several links found
1- http://iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou.tumblr.com/page/2
2- http://gittefalkenberg./2010/01/22/am-i-in-a-relationship-with-the-right-person/
3- http://fabbyfabulous.com/2012/07/
4- http://crownmalone.tumblr.com/post/47594867142/are-you-with-the-right-partner-during-a-seminar

And you are the original author? smh

2 Likes

Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by Obinoscopy(m): 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gorgeous58:
Yea, I just checked your other threads and saw some homepage worthy threads. However, I will need you to be honest with us and tell us where you sourced this article of yours wink.

1 Like

Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by Obinoscopy(m): 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
mployer:

Is That all you noticed from the beautiful piece undecided
We don't joke with plagiarism here. Even if it the best piece ever. Let's give honour to whom honour is due.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by dapsy4u2(m): 8:49pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gorgeous58:

. Where are you from........ Cos you seem out of this world with you indept analysis and contributions. Kudos
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by Gorgeous58(f): 9:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by Gorgeous58(f): 9:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
Obinoscopy:
We don't joke with plagiarism here. Even if it the best piece ever. Let's give honour to whom honour is due.

I'm an anonymous writer. So, I'm really suprised by the links Jmoore posted. Don't know what to say. Maybe it's time I got to another level. Anyways, thanks for the keen observation. You are doing a great job by the way!
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by Babe2sure(f): 9:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
Nice piece!
Yeah! The euphoria of love fades with time. That is why lovers should both work on the relationship. Do fun things to spice up the relationship.
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by jmoore(m): 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gorgeous58:

Wow... The first time I'm seeing this on people's blog. I never should have pasted this on facebook.
You posted it on facebook this year?
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by Gorgeous58(f): 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
jmoore:

You posted it on facebook this year?

I went through the links you pasted and discovered that there were modifications for each blog. That is a different additional opening and closing sentences.

Since the tread is causing so much uproar, is there a way Mod Obinoscopy can delete it? Thanks in advance!
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by jmoore(m): 9:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gorgeous58:

I went through the links you pasted and discovered that there were modifications for each blog. That is a different additional opening and closing sentences.

Since the tread is causing so much uproar, is there a way Mod Obinoscopy can delete it? Thanks in advance!

Be humble and accept that you lied.

1 Like

Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by jnrbayano(m): 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2014
"Love is just our way of looking out for ourselves when we don't want to be alone"...

But, not love that is God.
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by jnrbayano(m): 9:42pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gorgeous58:

Happy Birthday. Have a blast!

A blast? At 8:09pm?

What type of blast? shocked
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by GoodFaith: 9:44pm On Oct 28, 2014
jnrbayano:

A blast? At 8:09pm?

What type of blast? shocked
is just 800PM
The party should just been starting
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by jnrbayano(m): 9:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
GoodFaith:

is just 800PM
The party should just been starting

What type of party? Birthday party?
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by GoodFaith: 9:50pm On Oct 28, 2014
jnrbayano:

What type of party? Birthday party?
I guess
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by jnrbayano(m): 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2014
GoodFaith:

I guess

Now, he guesses

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 29, 2014
Gorgeous58:

u think this will change the price of recharge card?
Re: Learning To Love The Person You Found! by nenergy(m): 9:23am On Oct 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Plagiarism.

You have good eyes. Its bad, a sad thing to do - plagiarism.

(1) (2)

7 Things You Must Never Do During Self-pleasure Or Masturbation / Indecent Dressing To Men / I love him but scared to meet him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.