Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All (14570 Views)

10 Signs That You Are A 'Half-Baked' Graduate / 12 Shocking Things You Dont Know About Nigeria / History Of Pro Evolution Soccer (+PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by nobilis: 1:15am On Oct 29, 2014
The sheer arrogance of religious adherents. Both the one claiming fake ignorance of matters concerning evolution and the other claiming to have come across and tried to debunk Darwin's theory.

When has the Church, in fact, Christianity as a whole ever taken the side of science? Throughout the centuries, scientists make observations about the universe and the Church always sits on it with all her majestic power and arrogant ignorance. Galileo Galilei was placed on house arrest by a panel led by Cardinal St Robert Bellarmine because he told the Church that the earth revolves around the sun instead of the sun revolving around the earth as they believed.

And do you know what is worse? Many of the Church's philosophy and theology was based mostly on St Thomas Aquinas who practically formulated his philosophical thoughts on the works of Aristotle, a "pagan".

When Christians try to argue against evolution, I point them towards theistic evolution which the Church has started propounding recently.

I'm not into using philosophical and scientific arguments to explain my points. I always use simple logic and common sense. That is not to say that I'm wise or anything. But let's take a look at something to explain evolution. But one thing you must bear in mind is that if you keep wishing to see evolution taking place as though you're watching motion pictures, you're wasting your time. The earth is always moving, in constant motion, non-stop. But we can't see the earth move or even feel the movement. That doesn't mean the earth isn't in constant motion.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by nobilis: 1:34am On Oct 29, 2014
For the biologists and microbiologists here, there is something called resistance. When a particular living thing is exposed to a harsh condition, it starts developing qualities that will help it survive in that condition. That harsh condition might actually kill the index living thing but by the third and fourth or fifth generations of its offsprings, those protective qualities would have been fully developed against that harsh condition.

Let me give an instance.
Malaria is caused by Plasmodium spp. When many of us early in life develop malaria and we are given drugs like Fansidar, the malaria is cured. But at a point, that Fansidar may stop being effective against the malaria, and you look for another one. In that situation, what do you think is the cause of that? The malaria parasite has become resistant to Fansidar. It has developed (evolved) some qualities to help it survive against Fansidar. So no matter the amount of Fansidar you take, nothing nothing. You must have to take another drug.

This is a very simple example of evolution at work. And I'll call this microevolution

We all hear the phrase "survival of the fittest". This is all part of the evolution process. When certain things in the environment change, in order for the living things in that environment to continue surviving, they must have to adapt to that change. For example, if a particular land which had normal levels of soil water starts becoming dry and remaining so for a long time, the plants in order to survive will have to grow longer and deeper taproots in order to reach deep into the earth for moisture. Any plant that doesn't develop such deep taproots can't sustain itself and it dies off. This is also an example of evolution.

Evolution occurs with all these little little adaptations here and there. It doesn't just happen "GBAM!!!" Like that. No. Maybe the first generation of a particular species starts developing new features. The next generation improves on it. The third might add no improvement. And so on. That's how evolution occurs. It doesn't occur in a vacuum. It doesn't occur spontaneously. It occurs to serve a particular purpose and all these micro-adaptations are the workshops of evolution.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by nobilis: 5:20am On Oct 29, 2014
And for the Christians, I want you to explain this to me.

1. When God was planning the Great Deluge, he told Noah to put the male and female of ALL living things in the boat. The dimensions of this boat are 130x50x30 cubits (a cubit is approximately the length of the forearm - elbow to wrist- that is about 45.72 centimeters). So do the math.

There are more than 5 million species of animals alone in existence on earth now. Not to talk of plants. And the number is reduced because of extinction of many of the living things. So I guess the number was more than 5 million during Noah's time. And taking male and female from each species will mean at least more than 10 million animals.

I would like to know how Noah crammed more than 10 million animals into a boat that is 137 meters long, 23 meters wide and 14 meters high.

Then also explain to me how Noah resettled these living things after the flood because obviously, the flood destroyed the already existing ecosystem. So how did these living things start a new life without the support of an ecosystem.

2. Then the case of Nimrod and the tower of Babel. We were made to understand that everybody was living in the same place building that tower until God saw them and decided to scatter them and we were made to understand that that was how the different races came to be.

I would really love to understand how a single race in the Middle East could give rise to the Native Red Indians of America, the Blacks of Africa, the Caucasians of Europe, the native Aborigines of Australia, and the Mongoloids of Asia. I would really love to know.

When I get answers to these ones, I'll ask the one that directly with evolution.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by StealthyMe(m): 5:59am On Oct 29, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

There are several types of apes, right? Humans are just one species. All apes are still evolving, including humans. Evolution is not a discrete interval point, it's a continuous chain. We may not stop calling ourselves humans, but our physiology and anatomy are changing ever so gradually. For example, there was a time humans could ingest raw meat with no problem, now, such exotic diets are increasingly becoming a luxury our systems can't accommodate.

Evolution does not require one species to end in order for another to thrive. Their environments are vastly different so too are their resulting evolutional paths. Mind you, in the case of humans and all the other existing apes, our common ancestor is no more, so while existing apes will thrive in the environments they are suited for, they will not do very well in environments adapted for humans.

As for proof, the wiki page is a good starting point.

Thanks for your explanation smiley
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by StealthyMe(m): 6:02am On Oct 29, 2014
Peterken05:

apes didnt evolve to humans, apes and humans have the same ancestry, these are two different things.

Thanks...i get you smiley
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by StealthyMe(m): 6:07am On Oct 29, 2014
sammy329:
evolution has not stop, it is just too slow for you to observe smiley

Thanks smiley
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 29, 2014
StealthyMe:

Thanks...i get you smiley
we have so many missing links, like what man really look like before and versions of it. Now here we are, result of 3 billion years of evolution.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 29, 2014
@nobilis, i wonder where noah kept the aquatic animals, the termites, the woodpeckers and so on.

@alexis

Actually this is the exact logic behind your belief system. Your
beliefs are based solely on authority i.e. some religious authority
whether it be your pastor, or your parents told you
to believe without even showing you any evidence whatsoever.
Atheists do not believe in things such as evolution or the true age of
the Earth simply because some scientist told them to do so. We
believe because we are presented with mountains of evidence.
Fossil records, DNA, carbon dating etc. The scientific method is not
based on authority. No one expects to just believe something just
because someone in a lab coat said so. That would be an appeal to
authority. Instead the research is tested and peer reviewed by other
scientists around the world before it is an accepted theory. Religion
is quite the opposite of that. Little children are coerced into believing
things such as god, heaven, hell, angels, demons and so on from a
young age through methods such as scare tactics and other
persuasive fear mongering techniques. Of course many of these
children lack the capacity and experience to think for themselves and
so they believe whatever you tell them to even without being
presented any evidence. These children then grow up believing all
this nonsense and go on to spread this lack of knowledge to the
next generation in a vicious cycle of inherent ignorance. It's time to
break the cycle and thanks to education and advances in technology
and communication, we are doing just that since information is so
much easier to access now and also people aren't killed, maimed or
excommunicated in the name of the Christian god any more for not
believing. That's called progress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis007(m): 10:44am On Oct 29, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

There are several types of apes, right? Humans are just one species. All apes are still evolving, including humans. Evolution is not a discrete interval point, it's a continuous chain. We may not stop calling ourselves humans, but our physiology and anatomy are changing ever so gradually. For example, there was a time humans could ingest raw meat with no problem, now, such exotic diets are increasingly becoming a luxury our systems can't accommodate.

Evolution does not require one species to end in order for another to thrive. Their environments are vastly different so too are their resulting evolutional paths. Mind you, in the case of humans and all the other existing apes, our common ancestor is no more, so while existing apes will thrive in the environments they are suited for, they will not do very well in environments adapted for humans.

As for proof, the wiki page is a good starting point.
you can be a specie of an ape...that's your business.and did i come across a part of your lines where you asserted that eating raw meat is now a past mode of feeding because of darwin's evolutionary joke?......I'd been thinking that you boast of a very high IQ till you dropped that self-destructive argument [you know,you'd make a good suicide bomber]...Now lemme kill you with your own lines......jose salvador alvarenga[google him if you like] fed on uncooked fishes and periwinkles for 13 months to stay alive after he got lost @ sea and miles away from shores.Now that was a 2013-CNNnews-headline,before you begin to think that i'm talking about a homo-habilis who existed in the b.c.'s......and do i really need to make a compilement of cannibals who lived in our times?.......bro,i don't think you understand it fully....UNDER EXTENUATING ECONOMIC/PSYCHOLOGICAL CONDITIONS,21st-century homo-sapiens can eat raw meat and digest it properly...and thank God for the gift of adaptation he endowed we humans with....IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME B4 AN INDIVIDUAL WOULD PREFER THE RAW UNCOOKED MEAT TO THE TASTY WELL-COOKED ONES!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis007(m): 11:16am On Oct 29, 2014
nobilis:
And for the Christians, I want you to explain this to me.

1. When God was planning the Great Deluge, he told Noah to put the male and female of ALL living things in the boat. The dimensions of this boat are 130x50x30 cubits (a cubit is approximately the length of the forearm - elbow to wrist- that is about 45.72 centimeters). So do the math.

There are more than 5 million species of animals alone in existence on earth now. Not to talk of plants. And the number is reduced because of extinction of many of the living things. So I guess the number was more than 5 million during Noah's time. And taking male and female from each species will mean at least more than 10 million animals.

I would like to know how Noah crammed more than 10 million animals into a boat that is 137 meters long, 23 meters wide and 14 meters high.

Then also explain to me how Noah resettled these living things after the flood because obviously, the flood destroyed the already existing ecosystem. So how did these living things start a new life without the support of an ecosystem.

2. Then the case of Nimrod and the tower of Babel. We were made to understand that everybody was living in the same place building that tower until God saw them and decided to scatter them and we were made to understand that that was how the different races came to be.

I would really love to understand how a single race in the Middle East could give rise to the Native Red Indians of America, the Blacks of Africa, the Caucasians of Europe, the native Aborigines of Australia, and the Mongoloids of Asia. I would really love to know.

When I get answers to these ones, I'll ask the one that directly with evolution.
with your specie in existence,mankind is @ risk of another deluge.....you pick passages of the Bible and 'expertly' associate them with the evolution joke?...ahhh...the thunder that would fire you because of this heresy is still doing press-up....so God can't go back to the drawing board after the flood and the fall of Babel to 'invent/replace everything that earth has lost' ?......4 one thing,God[Himself nöt created] created the world out of nothing.....and your science declares that as impossible......Now that is enough gulf of difference between me and an evolutionist with no hope of a common ground......besides dude,flicking through the pages of a Bible with the intent of ridiculing religion instead of staying put in ur lab making scientific discoveries is a crime that should land you death sentence without mitigation......
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis007(m): 11:30am On Oct 29, 2014
''....i brought forth an idea,and gullible men swallowed it up......''.Evolutionists can avail themselves to the immeasurable use of google and see what Charles darwins had to say on his death-bed b4 he gave up his 'evolutionist' ghost...He propounded madness and thought he had achieved some kind of 'supernatural independence of mind'...chai...these guys are so very in trouble! grin''
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
alexis007:
you can be a specie of an ape...that's your business.
Gorillas, chimps, humans and bonobos are all a sub family of great apes (homininae), which belong to the family known as hominidae, all linked by intersecting genetic groupings in the animal kingdom. Feel free to deny the facts unraveled in decades of biological research if that massages your ego.

and did i come across a part of your lines where you asserted that eating raw meat is now a past mode of feeding because of darwin's evolutionary joke?......I'd been thinking that you boast of a very high IQ till you dropped that self-destructive argument [you know,you'd make a good suicide bomber]...Now lemme kill you with your own lines......jose salvador alvarenga[google him if you like] fed on uncooked fishes and periwinkles for 13 months to stay alive after he got lost @ sea and miles away from shores.Now that was a 2013-CNNnews-headline,before you begin to think that i'm talking about a homo-habilis who existed in the b.c.'s......and do i really need to make a compilement of cannibals who lived in our times?.......bro,i don't think you understand it fully....UNDER EXTENUATING ECONOMIC/PSYCHOLOGICAL CONDITIONS,21st-century homo-sapiens can eat raw meat and digest it properly...and thank God for the gift of adaptation he endowed we humans with....IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME B4 AN INDIVIDUAL WOULD PREFER THE RAW UNCOOKED MEAT TO THE TASTY WELL-COOKED ONES!

Perhaps my language was slightly ambiguous, but I did not at all intend to suggest that humans can't eat raw meat, what I implied was that the changes in our anatomy and physiology are gradually expressing themselves due to changes in our survival requirements. This is how speciation occurs, and you'll find this in our increasing involuntary intolerance for raw meat. Read about raw foodism. You'll find that many suffer severe food poisoning as a result of consuming raw meat and unpasteurized milk. Of course, many others are adapted for such diets and this may eventually lead to further speciation of the human species. A pretty recent physiological change which can be observed in humans, even as near as 12,000 years ago is the obvious reduction in our teeth sizes due to change in dietary habits and processing methods. You can read on that here. This is obviously due to evolution.

Now, ignoring your silly remark about suicide bombing, you touched upon a very interesting aspect of evolution: Adaptability. While man has definitely seen a lot of physiological and anatomical changes as a result of evolution, we haven't stopped being humans. We owe this to our remarkably flexible adaptability. Since evolution only rewards adaptability, this would explain why humans are the apex predators. This is very consistent with the postulates of evolution, not opposed to it.

On a fairly grim note, and in the spirit of Halloween, supposing there was severe global famine, those humans better adapted for cannibalism will fare much better than the rest of us, and humans would likely mutate to cannibalistic primates as a result...food for thought.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by nobilis: 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2014
alexis007:
with your specie in existence,mankind is @ risk of another deluge.....you pick passages of the Bible and 'expertly' associate them with the evolution joke?...ahhh...the thunder that would fire you because of this heresy is still doing press-up....so God can't go back to the drawing board after the flood and the fall of Babel to 'invent/replace everything that earth has lost' ?......4 one thing,God[Himself nöt created] created the world out of nothing.....and your science declares that as impossible......Now that is enough gulf of difference between me and an evolutionist with no hope of a common ground......besides dude,flicking through the pages of a Bible with the intent of ridiculing religion instead of staying put in ur lab making scientific discoveries is a crime that should land you death sentence without mitigation......

I'm so sorry for putting this this way but you are just spewing loads of crap.

First and foremost, you use the bible as the basis for your beliefs.
Where in the bible was it mentioned that God recreated things that were lost in the Deluge. Or you're just making "smart" extrapolations from what you read in your own bible. If I make such extrapolations myself (and mind you, I have many of such), you will hurriedly tell me to show you where it was written black and white in the bible.

The bible never said God recreated anything after the Flood. If there was a place where it was mentioned, please direct me to that place.
And secondly, since God could recreate the living things that were destroyed, why did he ask Noah to preserve the different species of living things? Why not just destroy everything and recreate everything.

I asked you three questions and instead of attacking the questions, you started attacking me and my personality which is the best way Christians know: to attack the personalities of the atheists instead of facing the arguments and points the atheists raised. I'll repeat my questions.
1. How did Noah fit more than 10 million living things into a boat 130 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high? (NB: a cubit = 45.72 centimeters)
2. After the Flood (the rains lasted for more than a month and it took about more than three more months for the waters to recede, according to the bible), how did Noah re-establish these more than 10 million living things when it's obvious their ecosystems were destroyed in the Flood? If you say God recreated ecosystems after the Flood, show me where it was written
3. On the issue of Babel's tower, how did a single race in the middle east give rise to Native indians of america, the caucasoids of europe, the mongoloids of asia, the blacks of Africa, and the Aborigines of Australia?
Did God "recreate" in this case as well?
If he did, give me links to the bible passage that says so.

Answer the questions. Stop attacking me.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Blakjewelry(m): 10:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
I don't know why anytime any topic that involves logic, all these fanatic religious guys goes all sentimental.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis007(m): 8:18am On Oct 30, 2014
nobilis:

I'm so sorry for putting this this way but you are just spewing loads of crap.

First and foremost, you use the bible as the basis for your beliefs.
Where in the bible was it mentioned that God recreated things that were lost in the Deluge. Or you're just making "smart" extrapolations from what you read in your own bible. If I make such extrapolations myself (and mind you, I have many of such), you will hurriedly tell me to show you where it was written black and white in the bible.

The bible never said God recreated anything after the Flood. If there was a place where it was mentioned, please direct me to that place.
And secondly, since God could recreate the living things that were destroyed, why did he ask Noah to preserve the different species of living things? Why not just destroy everything and recreate everything.

I asked you three questions and instead of attacking the questions, you started attacking me and my personality which is the best way Christians know: to attack the personalities of the atheists instead of facing the arguments and points the atheists raised. I'll repeat my questions.
1. How did Noah fit more than 10 million living things into a boat 130 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high? (NB: a cubit = 45.72 centimeters)
2. After the Flood (the rains lasted for more than a month and it took about more than three more months for the waters to recede, according to the bible), how did Noah re-establish these more than 10 million living things when it's obvious their ecosystems were destroyed in the Flood? If you say God recreated ecosystems after the Flood, show me where it was written
3. On the issue of Babel's tower, how did a single race in the middle east give rise to Native indians of america, the caucasoids of europe, the mongoloids of asia, the blacks of Africa, and the Aborigines of Australia?
Did God "recreate" in this case as well?
If he did, give me links to the bible passage that says so.

Answer the questions. Stop attacking me.
a donkey talked[mark me,i didn't say 'bray'...'TALK'] in the Bible,remember?....now is a donkey talking part of your evolution joke?.....Jesus walked on water......did His feet 'evolve' from the usual five-toed,flesh-and-bone structure to duck-like,webbed ones to enable him float on the sea?......brother,when you join those overtly adventurous folks called scientists to emphasize reason over the Bible.....you'd definitely try to make sense of everything around you....but in your journey of accumulating knowledge,you'd discover something else;THERE ARE THINGS ARE FOREVER MEANT TO BE MYSTERIES.......you know how the brain works,but its intricate patterning beats even your own idea of perfection.Also,All human brains,regardless of how big the owners' head is,weigh the same.Coud this be the result of of one continous careless act of change you christened as 'evolution'?....now new studies assert that life on earth could not have preceded ten thousand years ago...so what world did your funny creatures;dragons,dinosaurs,brontosaurus live in?Certainly not in the same one i'm currently enjoying existence!....Bro,reason is not all...trust mysterious mother nature...THE MORE YOU LOOK,THE LESS YOU SEE...
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis007(m): 8:32am On Oct 30, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

Gorillas, chimps, humans and bonobos are all a sub family of great apes (homininae), which belong to the family known as hominidae, all linked by intersecting genetic groupings in the animal kingdom. Feel free to deny the facts unraveled in decades of biological research if that massages your ego.

Perhaps my language was slightly ambiguous, but I did not at all intend to suggest that humans can't eat raw meat, what I implied was that the changes in our anatomy and physiology are gradually expressing themselves due to changes in our survival requirements. This is how speciation occurs, and you'll find this in our increasing involuntary intolerance for raw meat. Read about raw foodism. You'll find that many suffer severe food poisoning as a result of consuming raw meat and unpasteurized milk. Of course, many others are adapted for such diets and this may eventually lead to further speciation of the human species. A pretty recent physiological change which can be observed in humans, even as near as 12,000 years ago is the obvious reduction in our teeth sizes due to change in dietary habits and processing methods. You can read on that here. This is obviously due to evolution.

Now, ignoring your silly remark about suicide bombing, you touched upon a very interesting aspect of evolution: Adaptability. While man has definitely seen a lot of physiological and anatomical changes as a result of evolution, we haven't stopped being humans. We owe this to our remarkably flexible adaptability. Since evolution only rewards adaptability, this would explain why humans are the apex predators. This is very consistent with the postulates of evolution, not opposed to it.

On a fairly grim note, and in the spirit of Halloween, supposing there was severe global famine, those humans better adapted for cannibalism will fare much better than the rest of us, and humans would likely mutate to cannibalistic primates as a result...food for thought.
a religious folk calls it 'Adaptability'...an atheist named the same thing 'Evolution'...somehow we are saying the same thing....if you are not so hell-bent on glorifying Charles darwins as I am so aversed to hearing the word 'Evolution/mutation'.....next time you post to me...drop the word 'evolution' 4 'adaptability' or i'd personally review and censor your lines lyk a NL super-mod
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 9:56am On Oct 30, 2014
alexis007:
a religious folk calls it 'Adaptability'...an atheist named the same thing 'Evolution'...somehow we are saying the same thing....if you are not so hell-bent on glorifying Charles darwins as I am so aversed to hearing the word 'Evolution/mutation'.....next time you post to me...drop the word 'evolution' 4 'adaptability' or i'd personally review and censor your lines lyk a NL super-mod

So your problem is with the word 'evolution'? I wonder why. I suggest you look up the linguistic meaning of the word, starting with its root, Evolve. Evolution is in fact, a direct consequence of adaptation. Crudely, you may think of evolution in terms of water spread out one-dimensionally over an adiabatic flat surface. Now, since the surface is flat, the most meaningful spatial property of that water-spread, say you wish to estimate the quantity of water molecules, would be its 2D area. Now, let's suppose our adiabatic surface starts to curve inwardly, and there is no net heat transfer to the water, what do you think will happen to the water? Gravity will make it start to flow towards the centre of the curvature so that eventually, it'll will occupy far less 2D area than before. How then will you estimate its spatial property without losing information? You'll now have to estimate its 3D volume.
In describing this process of change, you may say the water had adapted to the new reality of its container. Another way to put it is that the water has evolved from a 2D entity to a 3D one, hence evolution has taken place.
In living organisms, many things drive change, and they include atmosphere, temperature, diseases, predators, availability of food, 'random' mutations and so many more. These things are sure to cause living things to evolve with time. For example, humans used to be hairy like the rest of our hominid cousins, but our habitat increasingly became savannah lands with short trees and bright sunny days. Since hairiness isn't favourable in hot climates, we lost our hair. Meanwhile, our primate cousins continue to have theirs since they are confined to forests and trees that shield them from the heat. In this regard too, we can say humans have evolved (changed).

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 30, 2014
alexis007:
a donkey talked[mark me,i didn't say 'bray'...'TALK'] in the Bible,remember?....now is a donkey talking part of your evolution joke?.....Jesus walked on water......did His feet 'evolve' from the usual five-toed,flesh-and-bone structure to duck-like,webbed ones to enable him float on the sea?......brother,when you join those overtly adventurous folks called scientists to emphasize reason over the Bible.....you'd definitely try to make sense of everything around you....but in your journey of accumulating knowledge,you'd discover something else;THERE ARE THINGS ARE FOREVER MEANT TO BE MYSTERIES.......you know how the brain works,but its intricate patterning beats even your own idea of perfection.Also,All human brains,regardless of how big the owners' head is,weigh the same.Coud this be the result of of one continous careless act of change you christened as 'evolution'?....now new studies assert that life on earth could not have preceded ten thousand years ago...so what world did your funny creatures;dragons,dinosaurs,brontosaurus live in?Certainly not in the same one i'm currently enjoying existence!....Bro,reason is not all...trust mysterious mother nature...THE MORE YOU LOOK,THE LESS YOU SEE...

so you think you're making sense with this?

There is no relationship btw science and the bible..so when talking about science, pls i beg you dont bring the bible into it. They are parallel lines, one is fact other is myth.

What do you mean by there are some things that should remain mystery?

Like the way the shape of the earth remains a mystery till today?
Like how diseases and germs remains a mystery today?e.t.c

You writeup shows you are an ignoramus, incurious being.

Science is all about making observations and findings thereby improving human lives, finding cure to diseases.

What has your bible done? Did it tell you how to treat ebola?

Your ignorance is so conspicous that you pretend to know everything even without bothering to read up on it (dinasours, what wiped them out, e.t.c).

Bye bro.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by podosci(m): 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
Peterken05:
alexis, i understand you, the way you're feeling, you feel that accepting evolution changes everything about your belief, you 're not wrong.

Now this is it, stop calling evolution a belief system, fake or fallible stories, it is a scientific theory that has be proven (which took over 200 years). You guys dont seem to have problem with other theories like gravitation, germ theory simply because it doesnt threaten your beliefs though it took a while before you accept that too even in the process killing some scientists. This explains why we dont have some gravitationalist who believe in gravitation.

Biologist and others have acheived alot through evolution, we can now answer many questions we cant before, we can now trace many diseases back as thousands years back. So many.

Einstein was a physicist, he wasnt a biologist, why would he not separate himself. In science, we dont display ignorance like in any other field, watch scientific debates and you'd know what i'm saying. A neuroscientist wont pretend to know more about the cosmos than an astrophysicist, it doesnt work like that.

I wasnt the original writer

sure, he was an atheist but he was afraid of what they might do to him so he told his friend T.X Huxley to coin to term Agnostic for him. Darwin was a shy person with a religious wife, what do you expect?

This is example of what religion can do to you my brother, yes, it shuts your reasoning. Yes, it makes you satisfies with illogical answers and many more.
When Galilio proclaimed the sun has the center of the universe, the catholic church was quick to denounce it and Execute him but after many years it is now Generaly accepted.by all? that the Sun is the center of the universe even witout the Bible or Quran bcking it up. i believ the way science is going change is inevitable
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by podosci(m): 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2014
Peterken05:
alexis, i understand you, the way you're feeling, you feel that accepting evolution changes everything about your belief, you 're not wrong.

Now this is it, stop calling evolution a belief system, fake or fallible stories, it is a scientific theory that has be proven (which took over 200 years). You guys dont seem to have problem with other theories like gravitation, germ theory simply because it doesnt threaten your beliefs though it took a while before you accept that too even in the process killing some scientists. This explains why we dont have some gravitationalist who believe in gravitation.

Biologist and others have acheived alot through evolution, we can now answer many questions we cant before, we can now trace many diseases back as thousands years back. So many.

Einstein was a physicist, he wasnt a biologist, why would he not separate himself. In science, we dont display ignorance like in any other field, watch scientific debates and you'd know what i'm saying. A neuroscientist wont pretend to know more about the cosmos than an astrophysicist, it doesnt work like that.

I wasnt the original writer

sure, he was an atheist but he was afraid of what they might do to him so he told his friend T.X Huxley to coin to term Agnostic for him. Darwin was a shy person with a religious wife, what do you expect?

This is example of what religion can do to you my brother, yes, it shuts your reasoning. Yes, it makes you satisfies with illogical answers and many more.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
podosci:

When Galilio proclaimed the sun has the center of the universe, the catholic church was quick to denounce it and Execute him but after many years it is now Generaly accepted.by all? that the Sun is the center of the universe even witout the Bible or Quran bcking it up. i believ the way science is going change is inevitable

Don't spread misinformation. The church placed Galileo under house arrest, but didn't execute him.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by podosci(m): 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

Don't spread misinformation. The church placed Galileo under house arrest, but didn't execute him.
Noted.
But do u deny the the killings of hundreds of people for the crime of blasphemy by the catholic church? and its murderous war waged against pagans and protestants in the early years of the split?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 8:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
podosci:

Noted.
But do u deny the the killings of hundreds of people for the crime of blasphemy by the catholic church? and its murderous war waged against pagans and protestants in the early years of the split?

I do not deny. I merely corrected a particular error.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by podosci(m): 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

I do not deny. I merely corrected a particular error.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis(m): 10:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
podosci:

Where in the Bible is it stated that Galileo was wrong?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Blakjewelry(m): 6:07am On Oct 31, 2014
alexis:

were in the bible was it stated that Charles Darwin is wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by nobilis: 6:35am On Oct 31, 2014
alexis007:

And obviously you couldn't answer the question.
And you believed that a donkey talked. If I start dissecting the mechanism of that which you call "talking" here now, you'll look for another defence mechanism.

The book that told you that a donkey talked is the same book that told you that Noah fit more than 10 million animals in a boat that is just about the size of a football field. It is the same book that told you that a single race gave birth to all the races in the world. It is the same book that told you that the red sea was divided. It is the same book that told you many other stories.

And you blindly believe. And refusing to see that many of those stories you find in the bible are also found in many pagan religions that were in existence before Judaism and Christianity came about.

Zeus sent a great deluge to destroy the earth. And only Deucalion and Pyrrha his wife survived it and they were commanded to repopulate the earth.

Gilgamesh is a hero in Babylonian/Assyrian folklore who killed a lion with his bare hands.

So many of them abound.

But obviously, as a christian in the Judaeo-Christian faith you refuse to see those stories for what they are.

One thing I love about science is that it is always trying to find answers to things. It doesn't just believe anything. It seeks answers. And even when answers are found, it challenges those answers intermittently to see if they stand. If there really is God then he must be the Author of science and not of blind religion. Because it was reported that he said his people perish because of lack of knowledge. And it is that knowledge that science always tries to expand everytime.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by podosci(m): 7:32am On Oct 31, 2014
alexis:

The Bible talked about the creation of the earth and the heavens in seven days?......first of all what does it refer to as heavens?......infact lemme not even start,,,The bible contradicts every aspect of the modern world
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by abdulwastecx(m): 7:55am On Oct 31, 2014
podosci:

The sun is not the center of the universe.
it is just the center of our very infinitely small solar system since we have billions of solar system within our small milky way galaxy. ..

The more cosmology I read the more absurd God and religion becomes becuase when you go to space you will find it very difficult to locate this earth we live in....its like looking for a grain of sand in the desert.

I am always amuse by how religion talk about God as a kind of jobless omnipotent individual always looking after what you eat, who yoyo Bleep, how you dress, who you marry, how you conduct yourself etc. it will be absurd to think that a designer of a very large and complex system like the whole universe will descend so low

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis007(m): 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2014
Peterken05:

so you think you're making sense with this?

There is no relationship btw science and the bible..so when talking about science, pls i beg you dont bring the bible into it. They are parallel lines, one is fact other is myth.

What do you mean by there are some things that should remain mystery?

Like the way the shape of the earth remains a mystery till today?
Like how diseases and germs remains a mystery today?e.t.c

You writeup shows you are an ignoramus, incurious being.

Science is all about making observations and findings thereby improving human lives, finding cure to diseases.

What has your bible done? Did it tell you how to treat ebola?

Your ignorance is so conspicous that you pretend to know everything even without bothering to read up on it (dinasours, what wiped them out, e.t.c).

Bye bro.
exactly ma mind bro,just that you happen to say it b4 i did...there's a quite a gulf between me and a 'mocker of religion'...so since there's no neutral judge between us to give a decisive verdict....we could just keep true to our belief system and avoid unprofitable bandying of words;I to my Bible,you to your science..... it's NO VICTOR,NO VANQUISHED....I just hope that @ the end of the day,i'm on the wrong,blind path while you are on the illumined right.....otherwise...God alone knows my plans 4 you.....[turns his face to the wall and prays]GOD,ELEVATE ME TO A POSITION OF ULTIMATE POWER AND AUTHORITY,SO THAT I'D CLEANSE EARTH OF THOSE WHO DOUBT YOUR PRE-EMINENCE.....I PROMISE TO BRING BACK THE INQUISITION AND THE MEDIEVAL MACHINES OF TORTURE AND DEATH...AMEN....[turns around and continues]blame me for a premeditated genocide against the science community....I'm only doing the work of God..
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
alexis007:
exactly ma mind bro,just that you happen to say it b4 i did...there's a quite a gulf between me and a 'mocker of religion'...so since there's no neutral judge between us to give a decisive verdict....we could just keep true to our belief system and avoid unprofitable bandying of words;I to my Bible,you to your science..... it's NO VICTOR,NO VANQUISHED....I just hope that @ the end of the day,i'm on the wrong,blind path while you are on the illumined right.....otherwise...God alone knows my plans 4 you.....[turns his face to the wall and prays]GOD,ELEVATE ME TO A POSITION OF ULTIMATE POWER AND AUTHORITY,SO THAT I'D CLEANSE EARTH OF THOSE WHO DOUBT YOUR PRE-EMINENCE.....I PROMISE TO BRING BACK THE INQUISITION AND THE MEDIEVAL MACHINES OF TORTURE AND DEATH...AMEN....[turns around and continues]blame me for a premeditated genocide against the science community....I'm only doing the work of God..

look @ u.

Are u a human being? I doubt that, you've been brainwashed. So killing your fellow human being is right because your god told you?

Are you for real?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis007(m): 1:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
Peterken05:

look @ u.

Are u a human being? I doubt that, you've been brainwashed. So killing your fellow human being is right because your god told you?

Are you for real?
...who said anything about 'killing'?.....don't be silly...[In Hitler's/Pope Innocent's voice]...It's better known as CLEANSING...PURGE can also make a good synonym...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Of These Company Slogans Motivate You Most? / Anambra Debate Team Shines In Singapore / Who Is To Blame For The Rot In Our Education System?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.