Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All (14579 Views)

10 Signs That You Are A 'Half-Baked' Graduate / 12 Shocking Things You Dont Know About Nigeria / History Of Pro Evolution Soccer (+PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 2:11am On Nov 05, 2014
alexis:
AgentOfAllah

How will it not be dumb to someone who is stu.p.id? You tend to argue more about semantics than to address questions brought before you.

LOL... Pointing out the flaw in your self-referential question has nothing to do with semantics. It's a cognitive failure on your part. Your question simply makes no sense. Stop being arrogant and accept correction when you're wrong.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis(m): 2:24am On Nov 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah

LOL... Pointing out the flaw in your self-referential question has nothing to do with semantics. It's a cognitive failure on your part. Your question simply makes no sense. Stop being arrogant and accept correction when you're wrong.

Sorry Boss - the same cocky attitude you employ when you want to avoid addressing the main questions I posted
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 2:33am On Nov 05, 2014
alexis:

Of everything listed there - are they different animals? Is a Liger not a CAT
Good, now tell me why a cheetah can't crossbreed with a lion or a tiger, or why domestic cats can't crossbreed with big cats. Following your argument, they are all cats after all, not different "KIND"

And this is how the disingenuous and mendacious gets smacked-down by their self-defeating argument.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 2:38am On Nov 05, 2014
alexis:
Sorry Boss - the same cocky attitude you employ when you want to avoid addressing the main questions I posted

You asked me if a conditional law has any exception when the conditions for it to be applicable are met. What's your point exactly?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis(m): 2:38am On Nov 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah

This is not a reference my friend. Provide the exact quote verbatim. I didn't find the statement you attributed to Darwin in the above link. I'll keep quoting you until you admit you were wrong or you provide the reference and the verbatim quote of Darwin:

You see the same cocky attitude I am talking about? I gave you an example. Darwin was a Christian; Darwin never said it verbatim in his book but historical records show that he was at one point a Christian. So, you can keep repeating the same rub.bi.sh; it doesn't make any difference

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis(m): 2:41am On Nov 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah

Good, now tell me why a cheetah can't crossbreed with a lion or a tiger, or why domestic cats can't crossbreed with big cats. Following your argument, they are all cats after all, not different "KIND"

Dude, they can't naturally cross-breed just the same way a tiger can't naturally cross-breed with a lion. It has to be done in a lab. A Saint Bernard can't naturally cross-breed with a Cheewawa but they are DOGs - the level of your stupi.dity astonishes me

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 2:46am On Nov 05, 2014
alexis:
AgentOfAllah
You see the same cocky attitude I am talking about? I gave you an example. Darwin was a Christian; Darwin never said it verbatim in his book but historical records show that he was at one point a Christian. So, you can keep repeating the same rub.bi.sh; it doesn't make any difference

So basically, you don't have any reference for the words you attributed to Darwin. You sir, harped on and on with certainty about how Darwin said life came from non-life, You sir, fabricated lies against Darwin, hoping to win cheap argument points, then balked under a simple request for reference. You have no coherence, credibility and integrity.

[size=14pt]You sir, are a cad, a liar and a villain[/size].

It has become obvious to me that responding to you is more dignity than you deserve. As such, I'll give you the silent treatment henceforth.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis(m): 3:59am On Nov 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah

So basically, you don't have any reference for the words you attributed to Darwin. You sir, harped on and on with certainty about how Darwin said life came from non-life, You sir, fabricated lies against Darwin, hoping to win cheap argument points, then balked under a simple request for reference. You have no coherence, credibility and integrity.

Stupi.dity at it's highest. You don't proof, you want your proof. Whenever, I provide a reference or quote; you stupi.d idi.ot will ignore it and said Darwin never said it.

Show some objectivity and dignity and read this: http://www.nsf.gov/news/special_reports/darwin/textonly/polar_essay1.jsp

Read what the National Science Foundation quoted Darwin as saying in a letter written in 1871 to botanist Joseph Hooker, Darwin envisioned:

“It is often said that all the conditions for the first production of a living organism are present, which could ever have been present. But if (and Oh! what a big if!) we could conceive in some warm little pond, with all sorts of ammonia and phosphoric salts, light, heat, electricity, etc., present, that a protein compound was chemically formed ready to undergo still more complex changes, at the present day such matter would be instantly devoured or absorbed, which would not have been the case before living creatures were formed.”

Later, you will open your stinking mouth and say it's a hoax or that I am fabricating and lying. Your stupi.dity transcends any kind of help

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Misogynist2014(m): 7:28am On Nov 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

Evolution does not dispute god because god is a vague idea. What it does, however, is that it disputes specific gods like Yahweh and Allah. Thanks to evolution, we now know that the phony account of Adam and eve is fairytale.

The emboldened has nothing to do with theory of evolution.

No scientist knows what existed before the bigbang theory. Anything you see out there is mere speculation.

If god created everything in 6 days and a day is equivalent to 1,000 years, that's just 6,000 years. Man evolved several billions of years after the first primitive life form. That account is just hokum!

Yes, it's work in progress.

Not true, Einstein was Jew by ethnicity, but had spinozist (impersonal, passive universe) view of god.

I heard about this movie. I will see it soon.

That's the doctor's personal opinion. Nothing to do with reality.
If you read the genesis account well, you will see for certain that there was water and land and that means the earth existed before the 6 days of creation. If evolution were actually true, it won't still remain a theory. As per the case of Adam and his eve, its a detailed historical record, which can answer any question except the evolution hoax.
Let me ask you a question: does nothing exist?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

You have not provided me with an observable and repeatable evidence. There are many black men, and no shortage I'm sure, of those who look like you. You're appealing to common sense, which is not an evidence at all. Common sense also tells me that humans share a lot of similarities with other primates, so we're descendent from the same ancestors. If you reject my commonsensical premise, I have no reason to accept yours, so you're definitely not from your grandparents.

Show me your observable and repeatable evidence that you descended from your grandparents, you dim-witted, brainwashed religionist.
mr silly evolutionist do i need a Dna test to prove that a mango fruit came from a mango tree?, the fact that living things only produce according to their kinds with similar characteristics is more than enough proof even a two year old child knows it.
we share similar genes with cows , dogs, cats, banana and potatos but are yet to withness any produce something different from what they are. Mr Mumu indoctrinated evolutionist If u think u are so learned in evolution why dont u provide me with a fossil of a potato evolving into fish. Silly people like u think giving millions of year a dog running around building materials with a hammer tied to its tail will build a mansion.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2014
alexis:

http://www.nsf.gov/news/special_reports/darwin/textonly/polar_essay1.jsp[/url]

Read what the National Science Foundation quoted Darwin as saying in a letter written in 1871 to botanist Joseph Hooker, Darwin envisioned:
Good...what took you so long?

Now, you have provided the following excerpt from a letter Darwin wrote to Hooker:

“It is often said that all the conditions for the first production of a living organism are present, which could ever have been present. But if (and Oh! what a big if!) we could conceive in some warm little pond, with all sorts of ammonia and phosphoric salts, light, heat, electricity, etc., present, that a protein compound was chemically formed ready to undergo still more complex changes, at the present day such matter would be instantly devoured or absorbed, which would not have been the case before living creatures were formed.”

As evidence for your statement thus:
He even went further to say that all living things came from non-life. So, these are his claims (Yours as well)
For your claim, you cited two links as sources, both of which I accept. They are NCBI and NSF.

Now, it is true that the excerpt is from a letter Darwin wrote to Hooker (the full version of which can be found from pages 22-24 of the NCBI link), but it is not true that this in any way suggests Darwin said life came from non-life.

From the excerpt, the line of interest is the following: "But if (and Oh! what a big if!) we could conceive in some warm little pond...". Did you notice the bolded phrase? You know what it means?

Supposing I say "if (and oh! What a big if) meatballs lived in the sky, we can conceive of meatballs raining". Does that mean I have said: "there are meatballs in the sky that rain"?

Darwin was a naturalist, so, naturally, he did believe that it was probable that life emerged from non-life, but he was always very clear that this was just a conjecture, not science. This sentiment was most eloquently conveyed in a letter he wrote to Julius Viktor Carus. You'll find reference to this letter in pages 34-35 of the NCBI link. In it, he said:

"...As for myself I cannot believe in spontaneous generation and though I expect that at some future time the principle of life will be rendered intelligible, at present it seems to me beyond the confines of science"

In another letter he wrote to Wallace in 1872 (NCBI, Pgs. 36-37), he also made clear that this conjecture could well be disproven as it had nothing to do with science when he said:

"...I should like to live to see Archebiosis [living matter from non-living (my addition)] proved true, for it would be a discovery of transcendent importance; or, if false, I should like to see it disproved, and the facts otherwise explained; but I shall not live to see all this"

But for all his conjectures and hopes, one thing is irrefutably true about Darwin. He saw a clear distinction between the question of origin of species and that of the origin of life. To him, these were fundamentally different questions, and he believed his theory of evolution answered only the former, not the latter. You'll find this theme in many of his correspondences. An example of this was a letter he wrote to George Wallich in 1882 (NCBI, Pg 35)

"My dear Sir,

You expressed quite correctly my views where you say that I had intentionally left the question of the Origin of Life uncanvassed as being altogether ultra vires in the present state of our knowledge, & that I dealt only with the manner of succession (origin of species)."

From my response, you can now see that you attributed falsehood to Darwin and curiously, the NCBI link you cited as proof for your claim, exists for the precise reason of debunking claims like yours, which is why I asked you for the exact quote from which you received the information. At the beginning of the NCBI article, it says:

"Indeed, a careful examination and critical reading of his [Darwin's] public and private writings shows that what appear to be contradictory opinions on the problem of the emergence of life are the result of texts read out of context, sometimes maliciously, as shown by some publications of creationist groups and advocates of the so-called intelligent design."

Having been presented with the facts about Darwin's theory, I hope you will now be humble enough to admit you were wrong, and desist from torturing us with your fabrications.

Finally, I like to thank you for the NCBI link you provided. I make no exaggeration when I say that it's the best product of my interaction with you. It proved very resourceful, and I shall bookmark it for later references.

P.S. My reference to page numbers on the NCBI link are only valid for those who access the publication by mobile. Page numbers are otherwise irrelevant.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 11:48am On Nov 05, 2014
Misogynist2014:
If you read the genesis account well, you will see for certain that there was water and land and that means the earth existed before the 6 days of creation.
Yes, Yahweh also created the earth before the sun according to genesis. How can the earth exist without a sun to orbit?

If evolution were actually true, it won't still remain a theory.
Yes, likewise, if the theory of electromagnetism were true, it wouldn't still remain a theory. It remains a theory, hence everything from your internet, to your mobile phones, to your eyes and your microwave oven is a big lie!!!

As per the case of Adam and his eve, its a detailed historical record, which can answer any question except the evolution hoax.
Hahaha grin grin you're cute!

Let me ask you a question: does nothing exist?
Define nothing?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
EMILO2STAY:
mr silly evolutionist do i need a Dna test to prove that a mango fruit came from a mango tree?
No you don't.
the fact that living things only produce according to their kinds with similar characteristics is more than enough proof even a two year old child knows it.
Then explain hybrid species... I'm waiting

we share similar genes with cows , dogs, cats, banana and potatos but are yet to withness any produce something different from what they are.
Explain hybrid species.
Mr Mumu indoctrinated evolutionist If u think u are so learned in evolution why dont u provide me with a fossil of a potato evolving into fish.
Because

1) I don't think such a species ever existed...nor does any other evolutionist that I know of.

2) Even if it did, fossils are extremely difficult to come by. You don't just pluck fossils from the metaphorical tree of universal common ancestry, you know?

Silly people like u think giving millions of year a dog running around building materials with a hammer tied to its tail will build a mansion.
I don't know that such a person you described up there exists. There exists no evidence that dogs can live up to a million years, or that nature would require such a dog to build a mansion for that matter. Nevertheless, if such a dog really did exist, that would live for up to a million years with a hammer tied to its tail. My prediction is that its tail muscles will become so strong, like that of kangaroo to compensate for the added weight, or it will lose its tail because it has become an evolutionary burden.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 12:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
alexis:

Dude, they can't naturally cross-breed just the same way a tiger can't naturally cross-breed with a lion. It has to be done in a lab. A Saint Bernard can't naturally cross-breed with a Cheewawa but they are DOGs - the level of your stupi.dity astonishes me

My question wasn't that of nature, but of possibility. It is possible to crossbreed a lion and a tiger, wether naturally or unnaturally, with an offspring, and you said this is possible because they are of the same kind (I.e., cats). I asked you why cheetahs can't crossbreed with lions and tigers in the same way lions and tigers crossbreed. After all, cheetahs are also cats.

It is obvious that tigers, cheetahs and lions are different kinds of cats like humans, chimps and gorillas are different types apes. The theory of evolution can give you a coherent reason why such curious crossbreeding phenomenon sometimes happens. The explanation is thus: These animals share the same ancestry. Some are much further divided on the evolutionary clad than others. So, even though lions, cheetahs, tigers and domestic cats are all cats, some are much closer to the common ancestor than others, so they produce offsprings (albeit sterile, but occasionally fertile too), while those that are distant are completely cross-cladistically sterile. This would explain why humans cannot crossbreed with other apes for example, but this does not make our claim to a common ancestry any less legitimate than the claim a cheetah has to being a cat, in spite of the fact that it cannot crossbreed with lions and tigers.

The very existence of hybrid species is evidence in itself of evolution. Otherwise, you'll have to give a better scientific explanation than "because they are cats" as to why tigers and lions, which are so obviously different from each other, can crossbreed; because not all cats crossbreed.

Mind you, all domestic dog species can crossbreed. The problem between a Chihuahua and a saint Bernard is not that of genetic impossibility, it is of a physical nature. Obviously, a female Chihuahua will not cope under the circumstances, but vice versa, it will most definitely work.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis(m): 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah

My question wasn't that of nature, but of possibility. It is possible to crossbreed a lion and a tiger, wether naturally or unnaturally, with an offspring, and you said this is possible because they are of the same kind (I.e., cats). I asked you why cheetahs can't crossbreed with lions and tigers in the same way lions and tigers crossbreed. After all, cheetahs are also cats.

Dude, the evolution that Darwin talked about were all natural. Since you have lost that point, you want to prove evolution in a lab - it is truly pathetic and dishonest. It's similar to asking why can't rays mate with sharks since they are all fishes. I am amazed at how far you want to go to prove your evolution smiley

The theory of evolution can give you a coherent reason why such curious crossbreeding phenomenon sometimes happens. The explanation is thus: These animals share the same ancestry. Some are much further divided on the evolutionary clad than others. So, even though lions, cheetahs, tigers and domestic cats are all cats, some are much closer to the common ancestor than others, so they produce offsprings (albeit sterile, but occasionally fertile too), while those that are distant are completely cross-cladistically sterile. This would explain why humans cannot crossbreed with other apes for example, but this does not make our claim to a common ancestry any less legitimate than the claim a cheetah has to being a cat, in spite of the fact that it cannot crossbreed with lions and tigers.

I have never argued ancestry - you seem to be turning 360 degrees back to that every time. Darwin observed birds beak growing differently; that was ALL he observed and came to the conclusion that if that was possible, it was also possible for us to evolve from an amoeba. My stance is that is simply not true. If an amoeba is in it's on class, how did it evolve into another class and so on and so forth. You can take that explanation as plausible but I am very curious and want to know exactly how it happened.

The very existence of hybrid species is evidence in itself of evolution. Otherwise, you'll have to give a better scientific explanation than "because they are cats" as to why tigers and lions, which are so obviously different from each other, can crossbreed; because not all cats crossbreed.

Hybrid species are observable Bros. My contention was never against micro-evolution. A lion or tiger can't naturally cross-breed, I have told you this 1001 times but you are ignoring it. The same way a Saint Bernard can't cross-breed with a Cheewawa or an Eagle can't cross-breed with a vulture - so if you leave natural mating that Darwin spoke about and want to confirm your own evolution in a lab; you are entitled to test why a lion and cheetah in a lab and tell us about it.

Mind you, all domestic dog species can crossbreed. The problem between a Chihuahua and a saint Bernard is not that of genetic impossibility, it is of a physical nature. Obviously, a female Chihuahua will not cope under the circumstances, but vice versa, it will most definitely work.

Did I not raise that point earlier? Physical limitations, differences in location, social interactions etc. The same way a lion and tiger can't physically mate is because of physical constraints hence the reason it has to be done in a lab. A wolf is a dog but it will not mate with an African jackal because of the same constraints. You are desperately trying to prove evolution in a lab but it's making you look very very dishonest and stup.id
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis(m): 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah

Good...what took you so long?

You seem to be like a kid that I have to hand hold and show him everything grin

Darwin was a naturalist, so, naturally, he did believe that it was probable that life emerged from non-life, but he was always very clear that this was just a conjecture, not science. This sentiment was most eloquently conveyed in a letter he wrote to Julius Viktor Carus. You'll find reference to this letter in pages 34-35 of the NCBI link. In it, he said:

And that has been my argument; he expressed that it could have been a possibility and he said it. This is a man who said humans came from an amoeba because he observed birds with similar beaks but with different sizes.

But for all his conjectures and hopes, one thing is irrefutably true about Darwin. He saw a clear distinction between the question of origin of species and that of the origin of life. To him, these were fundamentally different questions, and he believed his theory of evolution answered only the former, not the latter. You'll find this theme in many of his correspondences. An example of this was a letter he wrote to George Wallich in 1882 (NCBI, Pg 35)

I never denied that, I said in addition to the evolution of life and species he supported, he also referred to the possibility of life from non-life.

Having been presented with the facts about Darwin's theory, I hope you will now be humble enough to admit you were wrong, and desist from torturing us with your fabrications.

Fabrications? Are you serious? You used on your mouth to admit that Darwin thought life from non-life was a possibility yet you claim I fabricated it?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Misogynist2014(m): 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

Yes, Yahweh also created the earth before the sun according to genesis. How can the earth exist without a sun to orbit? By balancing its centripetal and centrifugal forces

Yes, likewise, if the theory of electromagnetism were true, it wouldn't still remain a theory. It remains a theory, hence everything from your internet, to your mobile phones, to your eyes and your microwave oven is a big lie!!! A theory might be true for most cases but not all cases that is why most useful theories remain as theories. Did I just see you compare evolution with magnetism? We can test and feel the effects of magnetism, but can we text evolution which occured when we weren't born? Doing that will take the combination of facts and fiction.

Hahaha grin grin you're cute!
I've heard that so many times, but as a man, its the least of my worries. cool
Define nothing? noun
no thing; not anything; naught:
to say nothing.
no part, share, or trace (usually followed byof):
The house showed nothing of its former magnificence.
noun
something that is nonexistent.
nonexistence; nothingness:
The sound faded to nothing.
something or someone of no importance or significance:
Money is nothing when you're without health.
something that is without quantity or magnitude.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis(m): 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

Yes, Yahweh also created the earth before the sun according to genesis. How can the earth exist without a sun to orbit? By balancing its centripetal and centrifugal forces

This is a good response to the above. Saves me time trying to explain it: http://www.reasons.org/videos/did-god-create-the-earth-before-the-sun-and-moon
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 10:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
Aaah!! The tyranny of the ignorant mind is relentless. I'll leave the readers to determine who the disingenuous and incoherent babbler is.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Liekiller(f): 11:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah:
Aaah!! The tyranny of the ignorant mind is relentless. I'll leave the readers to determine who the disingenuous and incoherent babbler is.

na sooo. Tyranny is the right word.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis(m): 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah

Aaah!! The tyranny of the ignorant mind is relentless.

Coming from someone who is still trying to prove humans came from an amoeba!

I'll leave the readers to determine who the disingenuous and incoherent babbler is.

The most objective thing you have said since you started this discussion.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Liekiller(f): 12:04am On Nov 06, 2014
alexis:
AgentOfAllah
Coming from someone who is still trying to prove humans came from an amoeba!

Actually, in a reasonable world, YOU are the one who is in the position to prove your point. Evolution is proven, whether you like it or not. So if we are realistic you would have to prove why it is not true, which of course you can't, because you don't even understand the basics of it and secodly even those who do understand it have not been able to falsify it the past 150 years..

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Liekiller(f): 12:05am On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis(m): 12:55am On Nov 06, 2014
Liekiller

Actually, in a reasonable world, YOU are the one who is in the position to prove your point. Evolution is proven, whether you like it or not. So if we are realistic you would have to prove why it is not true, which of course you can't, because you don't even understand the basics of it and secodly even those who do understand it have not been able to falsify it the past 150 years..

I am continually amazed at how eagerly some embrace the evolution theory which proposes that eons of time passes while creatures make the minute changes that eventually makes them into a new creature. With those billions of changes, surely there would be billions of examples in the fossil record of intermediate species or billions of examples we can easily reproduce. There is however, not one example of an intermediate specimen. We find some extinct species fossils, we continue to find formerly unknown species fossils, but still no intermediate fossils. Why do you think that is? Because Charlie's theory is simply imagination.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Liekiller(f): 1:21am On Nov 06, 2014
alexis:
Liekiller
I am continually amazed at how eagerly some embrace the evolution theory which proposes that eons of time passes while creatures make the minute changes that eventually makes them into a new creature. With those billions of changes, surely there would be billions of examples in the fossil record of intermediate species or billions of examples we can easily reproduce. There is however, not one example of an intermediate specimen. We find some extinct species fossils, we continue to find formerly unknown species fossils, but still no intermediate fossils. Why do you think that is? Because Charlie's theory is simply imagination.

More lies. There are loads of transitional fossils. Furthermore EVERY species could be considered "intermediate" since the change is GRADUAL and does not stop at some point or jump from one form to a radically different form. Every form is therefore in between the previous and the next form. Apart from that you don't seem to understand the process of fossilization, else you'd easily see why you can't expect to find "billions" of fossils for every branch of the tree.

http://www.transitionalfossils.com/

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis(m): 3:34am On Nov 06, 2014
Liekiller:

More lies. There are loads of transitional fossils. Furthermore EVERY species could be considered "intermediate" since the change is GRADUAL and does not stop at some point or jump from one form to a radically different form. Every form is therefore in between the previous and the next form. Apart from that you don't seem to understand the process of fossilization, else you'd easily see why you can't expect to find "billions" of fossils for every branch of the tree.

http://www.transitionalfossils.com/

You keep talking without presenting a complete example. You keep saying I don't know what I am talking about. Can you please provide an example of a fossil record showing how one biological group "evolved" into another biological group with different properties showing complete transitional and gradual change at each stage for us to study.

Please make sure there are no near absence of intermediaries; also explain in stages the Cambrian explosion and how they actually came about step by step to put things into perspective. If you want more information about it, read up what Darwin said on the cambrian explosion
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Liekiller(f): 8:43am On Nov 06, 2014
alexis:

You keep talking without presenting a complete example. You keep saying I don't know what I am talking about. Can you please provide an example of a fossil record showing how one biological group "evolved" into another biological group with different properties showing complete transitional and gradual change at each stage for us to study.

Please make sure there are no near absence of intermediaries; also explain in stages the Cambrian explosion and how they actually came about step by step to put things into perspective. If you want more information about it, read up what Darwin said on the cambrian explosion

No i won't. I really don't have time for this. The evidence is all out there, you can easily find it yourself. As i said before we "evolutionists" are arguing for what is considered state-of-the-art science and a proven fact by pretty much everybody except christian fanatics. As such it's YOU who has to prove your point. Ours has been proven a zillion times. I have not seen any of that from you. All you do is come around calling us foolish, however without providing proof that the science we "believe in" is factually wrong or providing an alternative falsifiable theory. Just because you dislike and fear a scientific theory does NOT make it wrong, sorry.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 11:09am On Nov 06, 2014
[size=15pt]Here's an ode to Alexis, the expert on all things evolution: Diligently compiled excerpts from Alexis' many woes, lies and fantastical fabrications:[/size]

1) A JELLYFISH IS A FISH, A SEAHORSE IS A HORSE AND A MISNOMER IS A NOMER

He called Jellyfish a fish
alexis:

The Chordata phylum doesn't prove anything Bros, jelly fishes are not vertebrates yet considered fishes.
Horrified by this violent reclassification, I called him out:
AgentOfAllah:
Another reason to ignore you. You think a jellyfish is a fish, when actually, it is a zooplankton. This is the same person trying to debate evolution, and he doesn't even know the basics. I guess you've never heard of the word "misnomer" before. I would be shocked if you don't think seahorses are actual horses.
Realising his biological mastery had failed him, he quickly repented:
alexis:
My mistake. My intent was to state that jellyfishes are not vetebrates as humans yet the claim that we are all came from a single organism doesn't hold water. I admit that I made an error.
Although, still lying about his intention. He had clearly assumed jellyfish is a cordate! Anyway, I forgave him and thought he would go and sin no more. How wrong was I!!! That was to be the least malignant of his many lies!

2) TWO KINDS, ONE LIAR

He claimed all animals don't have the same ancestry, and that the inability of different kinds to produce off-springs when they mate is proof of this claim:
alexis:
A human can mate with a chimp but it will never produce an off-spring because we ARE NOT OF THE SAME KIND.
I said okay, explain the existence of hybrid species like Lion+Tiger=Liger. His response?
alexis:

Of everything listed there - are they different animals? Is a Liger not a CAT; are they of different KINDS? The African Elephant and the Asian elephant - are the off-springs and products not an elephant? You are supporting my argument Bros and in the process making yourself look very very stupi.d.
I said hmmm...let's add a cheetah to the equation then, why is it that Lion+Cheetah=/=Litah or Cheetah+Tiger=/=Cheegar?
AgentOfAllah:

I got no coherent explanation, just this:
alexis:

Pretending my question had anything to do with natural crossbreeding, or, perhaps, suffering from a case of selective cognitive disorder.

3)AND DARWIN SAID: "LET THERE BE LIFE!" OR DID HE? OR DIDN'T HE? POSSIBLY, MAYBE, MAYBE NOT

He relentlessly fabricated lies against Darwin, asserting that Darwin said life emerged from non-life:
alexis:
He even went further to say that all living things came from non-life. So, these are his claims (Yours as well)

1. Life came from non-life: I will leave this bone for you to crack later grin
After persistently pressing him to provide verbatim evidence of Darwin making such a profound remark, he provided this:
alexis:
“It is often said that all the conditions for the first production of a living organism are present, which could ever have been present. But if (and Oh! what a big if!) we could conceive in some warm little pond...
To scrutinise his perverse logic, I asked a simple question:
AgentOfAllah:
Supposing I say "if (and oh! What a big if) meatballs lived in the sky, we can conceive of meatballs raining". Does that mean I have said: "there are meatballs in the sky that rain"?
I got no response, just tactless maneuvers.

4) THE EVOLUTION THEORY OF ALEXIS' WORDS

He claimed evolution was all about the abiogenesis of matter into diverse lifeforms:
alexis:
This is what Darwinism is all about - all different KINDs of species originated from one single specie which originated from a non-life. Now, you are here twisting your words and saying otherwise.
. Diligently, I called him out on his misleading characterisation of the theory as follows:
AgentOfAllah:
But for all his conjectures and hopes, one thing is irrefutably true about Darwin. He saw a clear distinction between the question of origin of species and that of the origin of life. To him, these were fundamentally different questions, and he believed his theory of evolution answered only the former, not the latter.
And then in his typical mendacious manner, his words transmogrified!!!
alexis:
I never denied that, I said in addition to the evolution of life and species he supported, he also referred to the possibility of life from non-life.
More artless maneuverings!!! This is how a few words can cause the meaning of a statement to evolve. Obviously, Darwin never knew the origin of life, nor did he claim or pretend to know. In fact, he frequently clarified that his work had nothing to do with the origin of life, and even wrote against a scientist in his lifetime, who argued that he should have included the origin of life in his work.

5) ALEXIS THE ONE-TRICK-PONY

So is there anything alexis is persistently good at? no doubt there is!
alexis:
Stupi.dity at it's highest.
Your stupi.dity transcends any kind of help
alexis:
the level of your stupi.dity astonishes me
alexis:
You are so daft. Stupi.dity at it highest.
alexis:
Cha - stupi.dity at it's pinnacle grin
alexis:
Cha - stupi.dity on a whole new level.
alexis:
Idio.ts like you decide to put your reasoning in the trash-bag when it comes to matters of science.
so far, you have been successful at showing your public stupid.ity than your scientific claims.
Your stupi.di.ty is beginning to offend me
Stop insisting on being stup.id man.
Cha - mumuness no good oh.

Ladies and gentlemen, the temperaments of a thoroughgoing Christ-like person who is also an expert in all things evolution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 06, 2014
So some people still never understand evolution?

i salute you sir, Agentofallah.

You've done a great job here.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 12:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
Peterken05:
So some people still never understand evolution?

i salute you sir, Agentofallah.

You've done a great job here.
Thanks, always at your service to expose the lies of shameless religious extremists

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by alexis(m): 8:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
AgentOfAllah

So we result to personal smearing once we can't debate facts anymore. Very pitiful

He called Jellyfish a fish

My intent was to refer to it as a non vertebrate showing that humans are vertebrates and jellyfishes are not. That was the point I was making, I did make a mistake of calling a jellyfish a fish and I never did deny that. So, to come and smear me for that is really pitiful

He claimed all animals don't have the same ancestry, and that the inability of different kinds to produce off-springs when they mate is proof of this claim: I said okay, explain the existence of hybrid species like Lion+Tiger=Liger. His response? I said hmmm...let's add a cheetah to the equation then, why is it that Lion+Cheetah=/=Litah or Cheetah+Tiger=/=Cheegar? I got no coherent explanation, just this: Pretending my question had anything to do with natural crossbreeding, or, perhaps, suffering from a case of selective cognitive disorder.

My argument was never about ancestry; you brought it up. My question was pretty simple:

1. Can two different KIND of animals give rise to a 3rd different KIND of animal. I asked you specifically, say a DOG and a CAT

You never answered the question and JUMPED directly and asked about a Liger. As if a Liger is a product between two different biological groups. I explained that Lions and Tigers can't breed naturally. You then mentioned brought up the question of a cheetah and a Lion. I asked when you try it, let us know the output.

All the while, my stance was macro-evolution; giving rise to a different KIND from two other different KINDs of animals wasn't possible. You never addressed that yet you continually played pretend

He relentlessly fabricated lies against Darwin, asserting that Darwin said life emerged from non-life: After persistently pressing him to provide verbatim evidence of Darwin making such a profound remark, he provided this: To scrutinise his perverse logic, I asked a simple question: I got no response, just tactless maneuvers.

smiley. Cha!. You play better at semantics that at facts. Did Darwin infer life was possible from non-life? You never did answer me but went off in another direction and twisting my words. Darwin offered that it was a possibility and he said it was a possibility. That was my stance

He claimed evolution was all about the abiogenesis of matter into diverse lifeforms: . Diligently, I called him out on his misleading characterisation of the theory as follows: And then in his typical mendacious manner, his words transmogrified!!! More artless maneuverings!!! This is how a few words can cause the meaning of a statement to evolve. Obviously, Darwin never knew the origin of life, nor did he claim or pretend to know. In fact, he frequently clarified that his work had nothing to do with the origin of life, and even wrote against a scientist in his lifetime, who argued that he should have included the origin of life in his work.

Life starting from chemical reactions in a warm pond is an idea that Darwin proposed. You can play semantics and law all you want. Many scientists have tried to offer theories based on that idea and some have even tried to prove it. So, you can keep hiding behind the wall of denial; I care less.

So is there anything alexis is persistently good at? no doubt there is!

Yes, stupi.dity resides in the same domain with [b]AgentofAllah
. The same person who said I should prove that I am an off-spring from my grand-parents. After providing repeatable example, he said that it doesn't meet his criteria and the question was an impossible and foolish one.

Asked him over and over again of how two different biological groups and give rise to a 3rd different biological group as claimed by Darwin; he brought the example of a Lion and Tiger; when I specifically mentioned two different KINDs i.e. a dog and a cat

Asked him how humans can originate from an ameoba - he referred to a baby been born from the sperm and egg of human beings. It amazes me the lengths that some evolutionists will go to prove stupi.dity
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All by AgentOfAllah: 8:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
^^^ Hahaha...He calls it personal smearing! He smeared himself with his lies. I merely pointed out his cheap tactics and pedantic maneuvers. Abeg go siddon jarre, you're clearly ignorant!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Of These Company Slogans Motivate You Most? / Meaning Of ''outstanding'' In Waec Result? / Animals And Their Various Yoruba Names.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.