Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or (4333 Views)

FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For 2015 Ballon D'or / FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or / Messi, Iniesta And Ronaldo Makes De Final Shortlist Of Fifa Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by secnelly: 6:07am On Oct 28, 2014
FIFA unveils shortlist of 23 candidates for this year's Ballon d'Or
1. Gareth Bale, Wales, Real Madrid
2. Karim Benzema, France, Real Madrid
3. Diego Costa, Spain, Chelsea
4. Thibaut Courtois, Belgium, Chelsea
5. Angel Di Maria, Argentina, Manchester United
6. Mario Gotze, Germany, Bayern Munich
7. Eden Hazard, Belgium, Chelsea
8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Sweden, Paris Saint-Germain
9. Andres Iniesta, Spain, Barcelona
10. Toni Kroos, Germany, Real Madrid
11. Philipp Lahm, Germany, Bayern Munich
12. Javier Mascherano, Argentina, Barcelona
13. Lionel Messi, Argentina, Barcelona
14. Thomas Muller, Germany, Bayern Munich
15. Manuel Neuer, Germany, Bayern Munich
16. Neymar, Brazil, Barcelona
17. Paul Pogba, France, Juventus
18. Sergio Ramos, Spain, Real Madrid
19. Arjen Robben, Netherlands, Bayern Munich
20. James Rodriguez, Colombia, Real Madrid
21. Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal, Real Madrid
22. Bastian Schweinsteiger, Germany, Bayern Munich
23. Yaya Toure, Ivory Coast, Manchester City

Source: http://www.fifa.com

Who do you think should win?
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by secnelly: 6:20am On Oct 28, 2014
[size=38pt]Vote Toure Yaya. Hit like[/size]

1 Like

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by secnelly: 6:25am On Oct 28, 2014
Nominated coaches:

Carlo Ancelotti (Italy/Real Madrid CF),
Antonio Conte (Italy/Juventus FC/Italy national team),
Pep Guardiola (Spain/FC Bayern Munich),
Juergen Klinsmann (Germany/ USA national team),
Joachim Loew (Germany/Germany national team),
Jose Mourinho (Portugal/Chelsea FC),
Manuel Pellegrini (Chile/Manchester City FC),
Alejandro Sabella (Argentina/Argentina national team),
Diego Simeone (Argentina/Atletico Madrid),
Louis van Gaal (Netherlands/Netherlands national team/Manchester United FC).
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by stinggy(m): 6:25am On Oct 28, 2014
1. Thomas Muller
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. Manuel Neuer

1 Like

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by SirHouloo(m): 6:31am On Oct 28, 2014
No single Arsenal player made the list. Indeed, Real Madrid na baba....

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by mummyson26(m): 6:34am On Oct 28, 2014
Goodluck to hazard and the other 2 chelsea players

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by secnelly: 6:36am On Oct 28, 2014
Messi, #BringBackOurTrophy
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by secnelly: 7:08am On Oct 28, 2014
secnelly:
Drivng with one hand to work and posting with the other, just to make front page. I nearly hit one nylon bag.

Mods, this is an fp material
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by Bosville(m): 7:09am On Oct 28, 2014
Na messi get dat award......anyways Lts wait and See.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by Greatihex(m): 7:25am On Oct 28, 2014
Bosville:
if messi wins it. I wl no longer value d award.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:33am On Oct 28, 2014
Hehehehehhehe....Good Morning Folkz.... I thank God for today.... And i also Thank God For all the NLanderz today and also we thank Him as he's gonna keep us fit and Healthy cum January..... We all know whatzup la.... I know so well Messi ain't winning This Shiiteee No more....

Errmmmmmm.....!! If you Think Cristiano Ronaldo is winning he's 3rd ballon d'or hit like...(Though am not beggin for likes ooo, buh folkz do the needful)

5 Likes

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:36am On Oct 28, 2014
Bosville:
Thank God you Said the emboldened..... The midget ain't winning shiiteee.... He was compensated already at the world cup.... even sef na ojoro e bi....you and I know the winner, you just living in denial
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:36am On Oct 28, 2014
Greatihex:
oboy see the current stats of the year.
You guys should stop using comments made by coaches, team mates and football official to judge
Cr7-49 goals, 12 Assists
Messi- 43goals, 22 Assists.
They are not far off...Messi still has a strong chance because he is the best playmaker in the world now.
But cr7 could win it because of his champions league trophy.
If Messi had won the world cup...then, they would have given him the ballon d'or in July...lol

Ronaldo deserves the award on Statistical basis but Messi deserves the award on Sentimental basis.

5 Likes

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:37am On Oct 28, 2014
Greatihex:
No mind am.... Him think sey FIFA dhey ready to tarnish dia image??

1 Like

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by Bosville(m): 7:41am On Oct 28, 2014
Greatihex:
Hmmm Cr7 fan. tons of goals nO collect Baloon d'or, Cr7 is likely to win it through peoples vote....a good football tactician will never vote Cr7 setting Messi aside...make we de look sha.
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by DonaldGenes(m): 7:50am On Oct 28, 2014
Hazard name should and can never be there....Why are Chelsea fans crying over that....

Niqqa is just a Average over-hyped Player...

Niqqa wants to emulate CR7 and Mess I...Be your_self Bruh

However, we all know There can never be an Arsenal Fan in any FIFA List..

As usual, Man Utd must have and it is a must

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by Bosville(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2014
JayKayMaybachz:
Thank God you Said the emboldened..... The midget ain't winning shiiteee.... He was compensated already at the world cup.... even sef na ojoro e bi....you and I know the winner, you just living in denial
Bros na u Be FIFA? And whats the Ojoro about? It's only a mOfo of the highest order that wil tel me Messi doesn't deserve dat award(F.B.P).
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by DonaldGenes(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2014
Bosville:
Hmmm Cr7 fan. tons of goals nO collect Baloon d'or, Cr7 is likely to win it through peoples vote....a good football tactician will never vote Cr7 setting Messi aside...make we de look sha.
Bruh,park your Car well, who says CR7 is not due for the award for the 3rd time.. His footballing record speaks.....
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:58am On Oct 28, 2014
DonaldGenes:

Bruh,park your Car well, who says CR7 is not due for the award for the 3rd time.. His footballing record speaks.....
Messi is also due bro....reaching world cup semi final is like winning champions league talkless of reaching the final only to be denied the trophy by just a single goal....if messi had just at least one trophy...then we wouldnt be talking about cr7.
You might say Messi didnt perform @ the world cup, remember he was an integral part of every goal scored by argentina.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by Badosqi(m): 7:58am On Oct 28, 2014
There is no competition in this year's Ballon d'or. Is a one horse race. Thanks to Messi injury last year dat affected his early part of this year coupled with C.ron's fantasti year. Ronaldo is definitely taking dis award home, another award to be in his Museum in portugal.

Manager's award is between Joachim Loew the world cup winner and Ancelotti the champions league and super cup winner(likely to win club world cup too in december).

Cristiano Ronaldo's Records and Achievements in 2014:
1. Won The UCL top Scorer Award.
2. Won The La Liga 'Pichichi' award.
3. Won The Europian Golden Shoe
4. Finished 2013/14 with most goals for club (50) in Europe.
5. Finished 2013/14 with most goals for club &country (62) in Europe.
6. Set the Record for Most Goals ever in one UCL season (17).
7. Become the Portogal's all time leading goal scorer (50).
8. Become the first Player ever to score 50 Goals in 4 Straight season in Spain's history.
9. Become the first Player ever to score in 11 straight games (club &country).
10. Become The first Player ever to score in 8 consecutive UCL games.
11. Become the 2nd All Time top Goal scorer in UCL (68)
12. Become first Player ever to score in 2 different UCL finals for two different clubs.
13. Won Copa Del Rey.
14. Won Champions League.
15. Won 'Best Player in La Liga' Award.
16. Become RM's 4th all-time top goal scorer (252).
17. Become RM's First player ever to score 30 Liga goals in 4 straight seasons.
18. Become Player with most goals ever in Knockout Stages of UCL (34).
19. Become Player with most Goals ever in SF stage of UCL (.
20. Become the first Player ever to score 10 goals in 3 consecutive UCL seasons.
21. Set the biggest gap between 1st & 2nd top scorer in UCL history.
22.Become The first Portugal's player ever to score in 3 WCs
23. Become 3rd player ever to score in 6 Euros or 3 WCs
24.Won ESPN's 'Best International Athlete Award'.
25.Won european super cup
26. Goal.com's 'Player Of the season'.
27. BBC Sports 'Player Of the season'.
28. Goal.Com's 'Best forward of the season'..............

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:02am On Oct 28, 2014
Badosqi:
There is no competition in this year's Ballon d'or. Is a one horse race. Thanks to Messi injury last year dat affected his early part of this year coupled with C.ron's fantasti year. Ronaldo is definitely taking dis award home, another award to be in his Museum in portugal.
Manager's award is between Joachim Loew the world cup winner and Ancelotti the champions league and super cup winner(likely to win club world cup too in december).
Very true bro....thats why the statistical margin is slim between cr7 and messi

Am a big Messi fan
If Messi wins, this should be his original 4th ballon d'or because i wasnt really in support of what happened in 2010
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:21am On Oct 28, 2014
Bosville:
Bros na u Be FIFA? And whats the Ojoro about? It's only a mOfo of the highest order that wil tel me Messi doesn't deserve dat award(F.B.P).
You & I know so well that FIFA can be biased sometime......What happened in 2010? Someone here just said the bitter truth.. ⬇⬇

1 Like

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by happykidArotiba(m): 8:26am On Oct 28, 2014
If brazil or argetina won world cup, then neymar or messi would av bin fav* but in germany? No one stood out...so 100% CR7

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:31am On Oct 28, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

Messi is also due bro....reaching world cup semi final is like winning champions league talkless of reaching the final only to be denied the trophy by just a single goal....if messi had just at least one trophy...then we wouldnt be talking about cr7.
You might say Messi didnt perform @ the world cup, remember he was an integral part of every goal scored by argentina.
Bros if we wanna go by world cup achievement Sneijder would've been the winner 2010 .... Thank God you said the truth below....⬆⬆The guy deserves it.... Make Messi Park one corner.... Atleast FIFA been don compensate..... As a guy said ⬆⬆, This year'z ballon d'or is a one horse race.... Ronaldo's statz and recordz speaks for himself.... We all know most persons will vote for him.... itz as cool as that...Like yesterday's award (La Liga Award) Gathered everything..... Same he'll do cum January... Mark dis space

1 Like

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by Greatihex(m): 8:48am On Oct 28, 2014
Bosville:
you are becoming funny wt dis ur comments. i am nt a ronaldo fan, bt a futbal fan. And i challenge u to tel me wat messi has dn beta dn ronaldo in dis calender year, and compare it to dat of ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by HOMOTOYOSI10: 8:55am On Oct 28, 2014
Spban
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by Greatihex(m): 9:03am On Oct 28, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

oboy see the current stats of the year.
You guys should stop using comments made by coaches, team mates and football official
Cr7-49 goals, 12 Assists
Messi- 43goals, 22 Assists.
They are not far off...Messi still has a strong chance because he is the best playmaker in the world now.
But cr7 could win it because of his champions league trophy.
If Messi had won the world cup...then, they would have given him the ballon d'or in July...lol

Ronaldo deserves the award on Statistical basis but Messi deserves the award on Sentimental basis.
sentimental basis u say. Thank u 4 dat. Bt it shld nt b on sentimental basis. Bt, unfortunately, dat is wat it has bn most times. I just hope d voters wl get rid of sentiments nd work wt stats.
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by Greatihex(m): 9:08am On Oct 28, 2014
DonaldGenes:
Hazard name should and can never be there....Why are Chelsea fans crying over that....

Niqqa is just a Average over-hyped Player...

Niqqa wants to emulate CR7 and Mess I...Be your_self Bruh

However, we all know There can never be an Arsenal Fan in any FIFA List..

As usual, Man Utd must have and it is a must
wen i c comments lyk dis, i dnt knw wat to say. Wel, thank God u are nt d 1 dat did d nomination, and u re nt goin 2 cum near d voting.
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by Sholexyz(m): 9:24am On Oct 28, 2014
No suarez on the list... fifa has started again oo so hazard,iniesta,benzema n few other players on that list perform better than suarez last season....crap list by fifa
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:32am On Oct 28, 2014
JayKayMaybachz:
Bros if we wanna go by world cup achievement Sneijder would've been the winner 2010 .... Thank God you said the truth below....⬆⬆The guy deserves it.... Make Messi Park one corner.... Atleast FIFA been don compensate..... As a guy said ⬆⬆, This year'z ballon d'or is a one horse race.... Ronaldo's statz and recordz speaks for himself.... We all know most persons will vote for him.... itz as cool as that...Like yesterday's award (La Liga Award) Gathered everything..... Same he'll do cum January... Mark dis space
But i disagree with u in the stats.
I repeat again cr7 has had 49 goals and 12 assist, messi has had 43 goals and 22 assist...if we should judge on stats, its too close to call bro...am still in support of messi sha.
Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by homesteady(m): 9:36am On Oct 28, 2014
1st of all - sango will punish FIFA for not putting Suarez in this list! Even if he missed so much time, he was still the best Striker for last season! If it is for disciplinary issues, didn't Zidane still come 2nd in the balon d'or after headbutting that Italian guy? once again sango will punish them!

For the winner - it should be between Manuel Neuer and Cr7! I think a goal keeper should win it this year and Neuer has been superb! though Real Madrid disgraced his club, His country still embarrassed Ronaldo's country!

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or by DonaldGenes(m): 9:49am On Oct 28, 2014
Greatihex:
wen i c comments lyk dis, i dnt knw wat to say. Wel, thank God u are nt d 1 dat did d nomination, and u re nt goin 2 cum near d voting.
Sorry Bruh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is The Press Relatively Silent On Siasia? / Dstv, Startimes, Kwese TV All Not Showing The Community Shield / See How Much Anthony Joshua & Andy Ruiz Will Be Getting For Their Boxing Rematch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.