Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Ronaldo Voted La Liga's Best Player At LFP Awards - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Voted La Liga's Best Player At LFP Awards (1684 Views)

Little Boy Refused To Stand Before An African Player At A Fooball Match In Italy / Who Was Nigeria's Best Player At The AWC (Namibia 2014)? / Cristiano Ronaldo Voted 'Sexiest' Athlete Of 2012 (2) (3) (4)

Ronaldo Voted La Liga's Best Player At LFP Awards by baski92(m): 6:36am On Oct 28, 2014
Cristiano Ronaldo took the top gong at the LFP awards as La
Liga's standout performers from the 2013-14 campaign were
revealed on Monday night.
The Real Madrid star was named the best player from last
season in Spain's top flight after scoring 31 goals in just 30
league games for the European champions.
The Ballon d'Or holder becomes only the second player to win
the prize since its inception in 2008-09, with Lionel Messi
having won all five of the previous titles.
"I have to thank my team-mates, Real Madrid, my family... it
is a very good moment in my career," Ronaldo, also named
best forward of the season, said at the awards ceremony in
Madrid.
"For me, the important thing is to win collective prizes, but I
like the individual ones, too. I work every day, in training, to
continue adding more to this."
As well as the best player and best forward awards, Ronaldo
made it a hat-trick by scooping the prize for best goal of the
campaign for his strike against Valencia in week 36.
Diego Simeone was honoured as best coach after guiding
Atletico Madrid to the title in a remarkable season which also
saw them reach the Champions League final.
"I want to share this with my players, without whom none of
this would be possible," said the Argentine. "Thanks to Koke,
Gabi, Miranda, Courtois... and everyone who made it possible
to win the title."
Keylor Navas, now of Madrid, picked up the best goalkeeper
accolade for his stunning season with Levante. Sergio Ramos
scooped the best defender award and Luka Modric was best
defensive midfielder on a successful night for Carlo Ancelotti's
players.
Barcelona's Andres Iniesta was best attacking midfielder,
while Carlos Bacca (best South American) and Yacine Brahimi
(best African) were also recognised. Rafinha Alcantara was
named the revelation of the campaign.
The awards for the best players and coach were voted for by
the three team captains of each side in the division, though
they were not allowed to vote for players from their own club.
La Liga coaches chose the revelation award, while internet
polls were responsible for the best goal, best African and best
South American prizes.
AWARD
WINNER
CLUB
Best Player
Cristiano Ronaldo
Real Madrid
Best Coach
Diego Simeone
Atletico Madrid
Best Goalkeeper
Keylor Navas
Real Madrid (formerly Levante)
Best Defender
Sergio Ramos
Real Madrid
Best Defensive Midfielder
Luka Modric
Real Madrid
Best Attacking Midfielder
Andres Iniesta
Barcelona
Best Forward
Cristiano Ronaldo
Real Madrid
Best African Player
Yacine Brahimi
Granada
Best South American Player
Carlos Bacca
Sevilla
Revelation
Rafinha Alcantara
Barcelona (loaned to Celta in 2013-14)
Best Goal
Cristiano Ronaldo (vs Valencia)
Real Madrid
Fair Play
Ivan Rakitic
Barcelona (formerly Sevilla)

Re: Ronaldo Voted La Liga's Best Player At LFP Awards by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:45am On Oct 28, 2014
*Laughz* Who tok sey dis ghuy no go win dhey ballon d'or?? Dis ghuy good die.... Him just pack everything.... Wey Messi La??
Re: Ronaldo Voted La Liga's Best Player At LFP Awards by baski92(m): 7:56am On Oct 28, 2014
JayKayMaybachz:
*Laughz* Who tok sey dis ghuy no go win dhey ballon d'or?? Dis ghuy good die.... Him just pack everything.... Wey Messi La??
Messi dey where den admit am for hospital...... Dat massive knock may Madrid give dem.... Affect am badly
Re: Ronaldo Voted La Liga's Best Player At LFP Awards by ImpactWorld(m): 8:18am On Oct 28, 2014
Impressive!
Re: Ronaldo Voted La Liga's Best Player At LFP Awards by zizazizu: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2014
It's just Ronaldo's season. I am a Messi fan but I honestly respect the hardwork of CR7. He puts everything into what he does and have this way of bringing out the best in his teammates by his workrate. I still miss his combination with DiMaria. Congrats. He deserves it.
Re: Ronaldo Voted La Liga's Best Player At LFP Awards by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 10:29am On Oct 28, 2014
when it's your time it's your time CR7 u d best ever............continue playing my JOHN CENA entry music***U can see me my time is now***
Re: Ronaldo Voted La Liga's Best Player At LFP Awards by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
Has he won la liga b4?
Re: Ronaldo Voted La Liga's Best Player At LFP Awards by Piro4rl(m): 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
Keep Winning.
Ronaldo crowned La Liga´s best 28 October 2014 02:03
Cristiano Ronaldo claimed a hat-trick of honours after being named La Liga's 2013-14 Player of the Year at the LFP awards on Monday.
Ronaldo received the top gong in recognition of his stellar campaign last season that saw him score 31 goals in just 30 matches for Real Madrid. The Portugal captain also took out the Best Forward award and Best Goal for his incredible backheel against Valencia in May. "I have to thank my team-mates, Real Madrid, my family... it is a very good moment in my career," Ronaldo said. "For me, the important thing is to win collective prizes, but I like the individual ones, too. I work every day, in training, to continue adding more to this." The 2013-14 Coach of the Year went to Argentine Diego Simeone after defying the odds to guide Atletico Madrid to the La Liga title last term. Atletico remarkably topped the standings ahead of fancied duo Barcelona and Real for their first league crown since 1995-96. "I want to share this with my players, without whom none of this would be possible," Simeone said afterwards. "Thanks to Koke, Gabi, Miranda, [Thibaut] Courtois... and everyone who made it possible to win the title." Costa Rica international Keylor Navas was named the Best Goalkeeper for his consistent season with Levante before making the switch to Real. Real star Sergio Ramos took out the Best Defender, while team-mate Luka Modric (Best Defensive Midfielder) and Barcelona veteran Andres Iniesta (Best Attacking Midfielder) took out the respective midfield awards. Granada's Yacine Brahimi received the Best African Player award, while Sevilla striker Carlos Bacca was named the best South American. Revelation of the Year went to Barcelona youngster Rafinha Alcantara, who spent last season on loan at Celta Vigo.

http://sports.opera.com/?sport=soccer&page=news&view=article&news_id=474467&localization_id=www>

Throwback Picture Of Messi Undergoing His First Medical At Barcelona 13-year-old / Uefa Champions League Draw In Full. (premiumsportscenter) / To Its Diverse Neighborhood.