Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,640 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets (61924 Views)

Fatima Bombom-Sani Shines At Nigeria Law School, Breaks Record / Nigerian Law School Prospective 2015/2016 Set... / Can Educators Reveal Their Experience With Nigerian Students? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by stabillo(m): 6:54am On Oct 28, 2014
Twenty-five-year-old Opeyemi Longe is used to blazing the trail in the academic world. For 13 years, many students had tried, albeit unsuccessfully, to bag a first class Bachelor’s degree in the Faculty of Law of the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State.

But, in 2012, the native of Omuooke-Ekiti broke the jinx and emerged the first student to graduate with a first class degree from the faculty.

Apart from being one of the four students that shined at the 2014 Part II Final Bar Examination of the NLS, Longe has also emerged as the first law graduate of the AAUA to obtain a first class degree from the 51-year-old institution.

He noted that his attendance at social outings and programmes were very minimal, adding that he did it on purpose with a view to achieving his academic goals.

He said he never toyed with group discussions organised by the school management, adding that the special arrangement gave him the opportunity to learn from his colleagues.

He said, “In each of the five courses offered at the Law School, I have at least two textbooks recommended by the school and I did not just purchase them for the fun of it. I took my time to study each and every one of them and you will be amazed what effect they had on me.

“I worked very closely with the lesson plan made available to all of us. So I ensured that I studied for each lesson before the class and carried out the pre-class assignments and this is where the issue of disciplined study comes in.

“I told myself, ‘You must not do anything else unless you are ready for tomorrow’s class.’ In this wise, every other thing I needed to do came after I was satisfied of being prepared for the class of the following day.”

Although Aba-born Ikechukwu Uzoma, who hails from the Nkwerre Local Government Area of Imo State, graduated from ABSU with a Bachelor’s degree in the second-class upper division, he etched his name in gold this year as the first ABSU Law graduate to obtain a first class degree at the law school.

Noting that there were many distractions at the Lagos campus of the Law School, Uzoma stated that he withdrew from social functions organised by his colleagues, adding that he mostly participated in academic and religious activities.

“Wisdom directed my affairs while in the law school. I withdrew from several responsibilities I had outside school and my church, Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, besides, I adopted a regimented sleeping schedule, especially towards the exams. I did not join my family for the last Christmas and Easter holidays. I used those periods to rest and study Besides, I put in extra efforts to redeem any lost time.

“Cardinally, I had a way of keeping my focus strong and getting very involved in the curricular activities in school. As a group leader in the Lagos campus, I ensured that I was personally involved in all the assignments and I found some time to study. My constant dissatisfaction with my inability to meet some personal targets spurred me on to stretch and do more. I also kept a small circle of friends with whom I studied,” the 25-year-old stated.

Stating that he refrained from “memorising or cramming a lot,” at the law school, Uzoma said he sought to “understand how the law works and I applied every principle to everyday life.”

Just as the Deputy Director-General and Head of Lagos campus of the NLS, Mrs. Toun Adebiyi, alleged that many of the students who failed were preoccupied with social media rather than their studies, Longe and Uzoma said they withdrew from social networking during the academic programme.

http://www.punchng.com/education/how-we-made-first-class-law-school-graduates/

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by stabillo(m): 6:56am On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by stabillo(m): 6:58am On Oct 28, 2014
I'm proud of you Opeyemi Longe SSASS Alumni

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by STENON(f): 8:48am On Oct 28, 2014
Bravo!!!.....I love reading news like this.....Keep it Up... I wish you more successful stories in Life.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by alentyno: 9:32am On Oct 28, 2014
Excellent!

Btw where are the peeps from the supposed Great ife undecided supposed better by far unilorin undecided UNN? UNILAG? ABU? Anybody?

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by donphilopus: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2014
No Federal University Graduate could graduate with a first class?! State University Graduates are repping well!

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by Donfamous(m): 10:31am On Oct 28, 2014
Wish I can get Thε̲̣̣̣̥ guys contact, he is actually a mentor, keep it up Bro,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by Donfamous(m): 10:34am On Oct 28, 2014
donphilopus:
No Federal University Graduate could graduate with a first class?! State University Graduates are repping well!
just smh for Thε̲̣̣̣̥ people thinking that fed unis are always the best, what I believe I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ is the determination and the passion for what u want. Alonge said he believes he will be Thε̲̣̣̣̥ best I̅n any where he finds himself, I love the determination,

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by stabillo(m): 10:37am On Oct 28, 2014
Donfamous:
Wish I can get Thε̲̣̣̣̥ guys contact, he is actually a mentor, keep it up Bro,
Ur wish can be granted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by peeparty(m): 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
Welldone ma good fellas keep d flag high
Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
Some schools just doesn't award their scholars first-class degrees no matter how hard they worked.

We've got multiplicities of these Uzoma and co in our universities.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by peddy231(m): 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
donphilopus:

A girl from university of Ibadan also made a first class(Bayelsa campus)

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by taiph: 11:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
Wow! I'm impressed, this should be on front page

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by tosyne2much(m): 11:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
I'm so hapi for this dude.. MODS oya do the needful

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by Fresia01(f): 9:42am On Nov 03, 2014
absu well represented....dat school bfore u get first class na war!!!! still love d school... ma alma mata

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by kenniesam: 9:47am On Nov 03, 2014
Keep it up,guys

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by joedejana(m): 9:54am On Nov 03, 2014
Yeh yeh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by sandzphield(m): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2014
Is absu abia state university If yes then please hide your face .
Fresia01:
absu well represented.... say school bfore u getting first class na war!!!! still love d school... ma alma mata

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 03, 2014
Congratulations to everyone who made a first class.

And for your female wig & gowns at 15k for the Call to Bar Ceremony feel free to contact zamanizainab@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:06am On Nov 03, 2014
Muhehehehehehehehe.... Where are all those wereys screaming U.I, UNILORIN, OAU, UNIBEN, UNILAG and d lyks.... Mumuish pple living on past glory grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by dechandel(f): 10:22am On Nov 03, 2014
Bravo

Will get there soon... And leave with my own 1st class cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by iceberylin(m): 10:55am On Nov 03, 2014
dechandel:

Bravo
Will get there soon... And leave with my own 1st class cheesy

AMEN grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 03, 2014
They both look Nerdy.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by realugee: 10:56am On Nov 03, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by KenSaroWiwa: 10:56am On Nov 03, 2014
Hardwork pays. For students still in the university, quit nairaland today and face your studies. For those done with school and working, show more dedication to your work and stop wasting your invalueable time on this forum.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by Kelvin0(m): 10:57am On Nov 03, 2014
angry
Hmmmm......are you telling me that it's possible to make first class in Nigerian law schools when most law graduats leave school with 2:2 and 3rd classes
Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by sexymonkey(m): 10:58am On Nov 03, 2014
State universities are over under rated.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by olayincar(m): 10:59am On Nov 03, 2014
grin good
Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by born2boink(m): 11:00am On Nov 03, 2014
Why would they bagged first class, when all they know is coming here to spot errors and correct sentences on nairaland. Make dem come prove themselves now but them sabbi spot errors wella on nairaland. Seun osewa go give them first class.
ALKARULEZ615:
Muhehehehehehehehe.... Where are all those wereys screaming U.I, UNILORIN, OAU, UNIBEN, UNILAG and d lyks.... Mumuish pple living on past glory grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by Bitojoe(m): 11:00am On Nov 03, 2014
A
Re: Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets by Funniez: 11:00am On Nov 03, 2014
O boy na front page be dis Chei! Dancing shoki on a BRT lane

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 PROGRAMMES FOR DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION INTO UNAAB/FUNAAB Without Jamb / Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos / 10 Universities That Accept 2.2 And 3rd Class Graduate For Masters Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.