Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Top 10 Tips For Gaining Weight - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top 10 Tips For Gaining Weight (2636 Views)

Hi Help Needed For Gaining Weight / Tips On Gaining Weight / Gaining Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Tips For Gaining Weight by boseko: 9:16am On Oct 28, 2014
The world is changing. Definitely.
Things are not the way they were before.
Sachet water (aka pure water) now goes for 10 naira in some places :-)
When power is restored, shouts of ‘up Nepa’ has ceased (wait! That still happens :-) )
Okay, enough with the comic relief.
There was a time when the craze, particularly by the female portion of the population, was to become slim. Sometime in the last 20 years, this is gradually being surpassed by people who want to become fat (okay maybe not fat but fatter than they are now).
For some, being skinny makes them self conscious, feel weak and puny and slighted as being younger than they actually are.
Well, if you fall into that category (or know someone that does), I have good news for you.
I’ll be sharing, free of charge, the top 10 tips on how to gain weight.
Okay, here it goes.

1. Accept that the weight gain is a gradual process. It won’t happen overnight.
Seems obvious? Maybe. However, one of reasons people don’t gain wait is lack of consistency in following weight gaining advice or regimen. This is on most occasions because the desired result is not seen immediately. Just remember to put things in perspective. Rome was not built in a day. If you think it was, kindly hook me up with the contractor. Like seriously.

2. Calculate the number of calories you use of in a day…then take more than that in a day.
You may say “thank you captain obvious :-)” but I’m serious. Calculate it. Here’s a link to how you can calculate your daily calorie requirement. The calculation requires your sex (I guess you know that), age (that too), height, weight and level of activity. Once you know this, you know your daily target. Just add 500 calories to the value. So…chow away! :-)

3. Eat frequently. Food is your medicine.
Duh….Another obvious one. Eat more and you gain weight. This is very true though. Instead of sticking to the traditional three meals in a day, why don’t you eat say six or seven times in a day. Yes you heard (or rather read) right. Eat breakfast, lunch, dinner…plus after-breakfast, after-lunch, after-dinner and a midnight snack. Yes, it’s official. Remember, you are just taking your medicine :-D

4. Eat calorie-dense food. It’s good for you
Don’t forget to check the bottle, tin or box, whatever the packaging before you eat it. You must actively seek high calorie containing food. That means you should go for things like potato :-) Check here for other examples.

5. Don’t forget your drinks. Increase the diary and juice.
Water has zero calorie content. Why waste a perfectly good opportunity? Just substitute milk, juice or protein shakes for water. I’m not saying you should make soup with milk:-). However, when eating, take a cup of juice.

6. Add fat to your meals. Use that butter spread.
Fat provide more calories than carbohydrates or protein – nine calories per gram as opposed to four by carbohydrates and proteins. Don’t forget to spice up your meals with fat.

7. Take more protein. Build those muscles.
Protein helps build muscles. When aiming at adding weight, muscle bulk is important. Muscles are denser than fat. This means that muscles contribute more to weight than body fat. Examples of sources of protein are: milk, eggs, cheese, yoghurt, fish, meat, poultry, beans. Bon a petit

8. Exercise exercise. Pump those irons.
Yeah..it seems counter-intuitive. Exercise can cause weight loss. However, in this case, you focus more on building muscle bulk and cardiovascular exercise. This will help gain weight and stimulate appetite at the same time. It also improves lung and heart health. Dont forget to supplement your diet with more calories when you start exercising. In addition, always take a snack before commencement of the exercise.

9. Never skip meals. Comply with your drugs.
Remember, your food is your drug in this case. I recommend you never go four hours without a meal. Always have snacks in your bag e.g. chocolate bars, nuts.

10. See a doctor. We care.
There are some medical conditions that can cause failure to gain weight. If you fail to gain weight after two months, I suggest you go see a doctor :-).

What do you think?

http://iambola./2014/10/25/top-10-tips-for-gaining-weight/
Re: Top 10 Tips For Gaining Weight by Lekan247: 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
Are You Skinny and looking to Gain weight VISIT LINK NOW FOR SOLUTION >> pharmworldng..com.ng/2016/01/how-to-gain-weight-in-nigeria.html
Re: Top 10 Tips For Gaining Weight by Darque5ive: 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
Gain weight fast and healthy with optimum nutrition serious mass just as I did. Gain the curves and muscles u've always craved. Call 08057917165 to place an order. Very limited supply!
Re: Top 10 Tips For Gaining Weight by Gigihealth: 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
BMI calculator is used to calculate your total body fat. But there are some exceptions to using the BMI calculate, click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/bmi-calculator-is-my-weight-healthy/

(1) (Reply)

How To Cure Apollo Eye Problem / Supplement For Pregnant Women - Obron 6 / COVID-19 Update For November 26 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.