Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? (18550 Views)

Fat Woman And Her Daughter In Okada (photo) / Okada Man Carrying Goats In Onitsha / Okada Accident (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 28, 2014
It is not a hidden fact now that the FG wants to place a ban on motorcycles, popularly known as Okada in the country. Now my question is, considering the fact that many people will be jobless, crime rate will escalate, etc. Is the ban really necessary?

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by stalyf(m): 9:33am On Oct 28, 2014
Inside source I was privy to has it that the proposed ban if implemented would only be for major express ways and not streets and roads.
Also such ban would only come in when the railways are more functional

11 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by jjwaterfalls(f): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2014
I dnt no if to say dt our govt jst like making life difficult 4 people. Whoever is cming up wit dez policies hav dey Eva sat down to think abt d consequences, d unemployment rate dat wil increase, d crime rate, d poverty rate.
Are dey aware dt ppl use it as a source of livelihood? Are dey also aware dt der ar sm roads dt evn keke cannot ply?
I guess dey wnt more ppl to buy cars, den we wil all enjoy d traffic together.
Smh...........naija I hail thee. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 28, 2014
yes it is neccessary. and if they start committing crimes they go to jail. but the FG should provide enough jobs to back it up sha but notin concern me i nor be okada rider. So it is not of my FCking biznes grin

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by kevinaduga(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2014
I still insist that banning okada in Nigeria is a bit premature. Our roads should first be put in order and alternative employment created for the okada men who shall be rendered jobless if the ban succeeds, before banning okada is even contemplated.
Millions of Nigerians depend on okada as their means of survival. Not just the riders, but also the sellers, vulcanizers and repairers. It is high time the government start considering the welfare of the masses when introducing policies.
After all, we have bigger problems than okada. They should concentrate on those before thinking of banning okada.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by dotna(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2014
On point. Private use is not a problem. But commercial use is wrong.

Motorcycles were made to ease movement of one or two people and not be the backbone of public transport.

8 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Feranmicharles(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2014
I'm even thinking maybe the mods should ban this post and yourself

1 Like

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Nlmadfreak: 9:34am On Oct 28, 2014
Well, i think i will fear this country for more thieves if this is implemented...

See This Embarrassing Video Lady Who Got Drunk and Hibernated in the Street

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 28, 2014
Its not going to work ....Govt should first finish the rails , the federal roads and other transportation infrastructure ....
Car loans should be provided for millions of "Okada" operators that will be put outta business

5 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by S3un(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2014
we survived without it here in jos,I think keke is beta,although it still has okada similarities because 90% of d keke riders are former okada riders

6 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Csami(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2014
Just testing this nairaland app.

Escalate crime? I don't think so. Some thieves make use of bike. They shouldn't ban it in remote area cause those folks need okada to run their businesses.
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Babyboy1986(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2014
Hmmmmm for me e no make sences shall.
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by AKMoney1(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2014
Make dem no try am oooo
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by initialize(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2014
FG should consider people living in highly dense location before passing the Law.

Imaging there's no bike plying the route from Tollgate to Winners Chapel, Otta and everyone has to drive through that daily traffic @ Oju-ore.

E be like say I need relocate....
angry

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Prince202020(m): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2014
E no go work
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by helphelp: 9:35am On Oct 28, 2014
First to comment put "H", 2nd 3rd and 4th put "." 5th put "M", 6th write "hmmm"...

It's okay..make una kontinu

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Rapsainot(m): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2014
Muri will go back into farming (increasing the production of cassava in my village)

Idoyan, segun, mufu will go back to their abandoned profession "barbing" (competition among barbers in my village yet decreasing the cost of service)

The aim of been an Okada rider after WASSCE will be vanished from the hearts of those idi - ito high school boys....(they'll be focused and ll face their books wella)

Y'all the number of thieves will increase.... You must be kidding me.... THE WONT WANNA TRY NONSENSE WITH OPERATION BURST IN OYO STATE

I SUPPORT THIS WITH ALL MY SOUL, WE WANT YOUNG PROFESORS NOT OKADA RIDERS

13 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by initialize(m): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2014
Mtn wicked!!! dem no get data again...which means no money to buy land... Na so I buy 2 plot seaside.
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 28, 2014
Passing the law,possible.

Enforcing it,not possible with those corrupt enforcers we have.
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by grosebiz(m): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2014
Tis a welcome development if and only if govt will provide alternatives to it and make d riders form a cooperative societies where their source of income will be catered for in form of loan to either buy d certified ones or other entrepreneurial schemes

1 Like

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by olayincar(m): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2014
Thief will increase
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by omenka(m): 9:36am On Oct 28, 2014
I really don't see the FG pulling such a stunt before the general elections. We all know why.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by LordReed(m): 9:36am On Oct 28, 2014
Pretty unnecessary as far as I am concerned. There are many places which okadas serve as public transportation that would otherwise suffer for the lack. Government has not addressed this lack and yet wants to ban the solution? Crazy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by AKMoney1(m): 9:36am On Oct 28, 2014
Rapsainot:
helphelp:
initialize:
M
Feranmicharles:
!
Wonderlands:
jjwaterfalls:
stalyf:
H

This early morning, why na?

UP Nairaland grin

10 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by odepacy: 9:36am On Oct 28, 2014
In voice of mj, speechless
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 28, 2014
We want sanity in d country but pls dey shldnt ban keke n'pepe ooo

1 Like

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Gbolask24(m): 9:36am On Oct 28, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by omenka(m): 9:36am On Oct 28, 2014
olayincar:
Thief will increase
Na wa oo!!!
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by richardjemedafe1(m): 9:37am On Oct 28, 2014
Lol,what a joke!!really??we have bigger
problems to deal with In this country.we
already have more than 50%
unemployment rate and we do not want
to add more to it.the government should
be more concerned in creating jobs
opportunities and not taking jobs away!!
have they thought about how many
Nigerians depend on these to feed their
families?? First of all before they make
this decision,they should provide other
job opportunities for them to fall back
on.beacause if the the government
don’t,I’m pretty sure the crime rate in
Nigeria is going to rise and putting every
single one of is In great danger..,,

We have bigger problems in this country
than to focus on issues i would rather
regard as trivial ….! Before you take away
a man’s means of livelihood, you should
reasonably have provided another
one….this government obviously doesn’t
seem to understand the type of problems
inherent in this country…with the okada
in use, their is still unemployment , there
are graduates who are okada riders,
what’s going to happen when you take
these okada off our streets? I see this as a
means of increasing the crime rate in our
country.

I DON TALK my OWn ohhH........

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:37am On Oct 28, 2014
Na die be dat cos criminals go plenty besides na long thing for those of us dat live in the getto
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by tigonana: 9:37am On Oct 28, 2014
Mke I go look for gateman!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by hayoakins(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2014
Once the riders are not longer allowed to earn a decent living. I advise everyone to just go and get a licensed gun because in latin words "awon goons would take charge at once" meaning there would be high rate of armed robbery.

Candidly, why would a sane government think of reducing unemployment by creating another . Provide them with another job before cutting off their source of livelihood

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 People Drown In River Niger / I Don't Understand How To Make Or Reply Ppls Post / Bomb Blast Rock Internally Displaced Camp In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.