Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

.... - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / .... (22437 Views)

Jonathan, Buhari In Private Meeting In Abuja / Jonathan, Buhari Are Infidels, Says Shekau / Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .... by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2014
Demdem:

Revealing. Infact, Jonathan will islamatise Nigeria before buhari can. Their antecedents speaks volume.
Imagine these same people turning around to accuse an innocent man. Quite evil of them

2 Likes

Re: .... by OgologoDimkpa: 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2014
berem:
Barcanista,we still have a long way to educate the saTANists. How dumb can they be please?
You guys should put on you thinking cap and devise another set of lies to elevate the
C.V of your old and expired GMB.
Nigerians are following you people keenly.

Patiently waiting for another set of lies.

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
berem:
Barcanista,we still have a long way to educate the saTANists. How dumb can they be please?
My dear I still don't know o. The same person once said in the Kwankwaso thread that it was Buhari that made Nigeria an Observer to OIC until someone corrected him. It shows his level of Ignorance. Buhari became HoS SIX solid years after Gowon had signed up Nigeria. Three Heads of State had ruled before him. That guy is dumb.

3 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:

You guys should put on you thinking cap and devise another set of lies to elevate the

ok
Re: .... by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:

Cry us a lagoon

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
collynzo82:

Stop behaving like your father. Leave the woman alone and face the topic. Thanks
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: .... by OgologoDimkpa: 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
Cry us a lagoon
E don pain am grin

1 Like

Re: .... by pendy79: 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

I do not resort to insult, my correction went thus in the previous exchange, Nigeria became an observer nation under Gowon not Buhari.. that still have not changed the fact the Buhari set the wheel in motion for Nigeria to become full member nation.

We aren't talking whether OIC is good or bad, be guided my dear friend.

You still haven't accepted your mistake that Murtala Mohammed registered Nigeria as an observer to OIC. We argue, we learn.. please refrain from using the word saTAN to describe my person, thanks

Sorry I don't make friends with people who refuse to learn and still go ahead shooting themselves in the foot.

If you claim Nigeria became an observer in 1971, then was it murtala who took power from gowon in 1975 that now register nigeria as an observer?

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
Provide us link, whether from OIC sources or from a reputable media report or keep silent forever

I think in my first response i included a quote from Thisweek, Issues 109-122.. page 175.

http://books.google.com.my/books?id=dkAuAQAAIAAJ&q=buhari+oic&dq=buhari+oic&hl=en&sa=X&ei=mK1PVPjbPMrj8AXW9YL4Bg&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAjgK

This was written in 1988, I didn't

2 Likes

Re: .... by Demdem(m): 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
Come to think of it, what did Jonathan acheive at the oic meeting he attended last year. What message was this fool trying to pass across?
His efforts to islamatise both ss and se will never come to past.
Useless drunkard.

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2014
pendy79:

Sorry I don't make friends with people who refuse to learn and still go ahead shooting themselves in the foot.

If you claim Nigeria became an observer in 1971, then was it murtala who took power from gowon in 1975 that now register nigeria as an observer?

I do not beg to be friend with you, I only ask you to refrain from the insult,. This was what you wrote

pendy79:

Pity you are a very very bad student of history and like I said go and read very well about your country before you come forth.

Quote me anyday. muritala Mohammed of blessed Memory in 1976 signed Nigeria as an observer nation of the OIC. Babangida in 1986 upgraded to full membership.

I like dealing in facts not some lies and unfounded stories passed on from generation to generation

I don't want to derail, but do you still stand by "Quote me anyday. muritala Mohammed of blessed Memory in 1976 signed Nigeria as an observer nation of the OIC" You made the statement not me

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

I think in my first response i included a quote from Thisweek, Issues 109-122.. page 175.

http://books.google.com.my/books?id=dkAuAQAAIAAJ&q=buhari+oic&dq=buhari+oic&hl=en&sa=X&ei=mK1PVPjbPMrj8AXW9YL4Bg&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAjgK

This was written in 1988, I didn't
On clicking, this is what I saw....

You just made me waste few minutes of my life

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
pendy79:

I just asked you to accept your mistake when you wrote that Murtala Mohammed made Nigeria Observer member.. I never implied that he did, you did and asked me to quote you anywhere.

Lets go back to Buhari and OIC and don't derail

1 Like

Re: .... by GenScatter231: 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

NWANYI OWERRI MUNA GI GA NUNKWA OGU EBEA.BTW I STILL LOOK AT THAT YOUR SEXY PIC EVERY MORNING BEFORE I GO TO WORK.YOU ARE JUST TOO SEXY

Grandpa, we have seen your pix as well and you are worst. She is bold enough to post her pics, why cant you do same? Old man behaving like a kid. Pathetic.

6 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 28, 2014
Demdem:
Come to think of it, what did Jonathan acheive at the oic meeting he attended last year. What message was this fool trying to pass across?
His efforts to islamatise both ss and se will never come to past.
Useless drunkard.
Absolutely Nothing. The only thing he achieved is waste of tax payers' money and our oil wealth

3 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
On clicking, this is what I saw....

You just made me waste few minutes of my life

You needed not to waste your time, here is the Snippet view

1 Like

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2014
GenScatter231:

Grandpa, we have seen your pix as well and you are worst. She is bold enough to post her pics, why cant you do same? Old man behaving like a kid. Pathetic.
Don't mind that old troll that is using lines of kindergarten

4 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

You needed not to waste your time, here is the Snippet view
What is there? there is nothing in your nonsense

1 Like

Re: .... by pendy79: 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

I do not beg to be friend with you, I only ask you to refrain from the insult,. This was what you wrote

I don't want to derail, but do you still stand by "Quote me anyday. muritala Mohammed of blessed Memory in 1976 signed Nigeria as an observer nation of the OIC" You made the statement not me

Show proof that nigeria became an observer nation in 1971 when the organisation was formed in 1969 and had it first meeting in 1970 with only core arabs nation in the meeting to discuss the israel descretation of the al-aqsa mosque as their top agenda.

How will christian led gowon administration sign the OIC observer status? To achieve what? Bringforth your proof and let me show you my proof of 1976 being the year Nigeria joined the OIC as it was then? Educate and erase the knowledge that I have with facts please

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
GenScatter231:

so Shukudi is an old man? Chei, mo gbe! shocked grin

3 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
berem:
Barcanista,we still have a long way to educate the saTANists. How long can their dumbness last please?

Thanks for your contribution but please refrain from those words on me.

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

Obayaya,is that you? shocked

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
pendy79:

Show proof that nigeria became an observer nation in 1971 when the organisation was formed in 1969 and had it first meeting in 1970 with only core arabs nation in the meeting to discuss the israel descretation of the al-aqsa mosque as their top agenda.

How will christian led gowon administration sign the OIC observer status? To achieve what? Bringforth your proof and let me show you my proof of 1976 being the year Nigeria joined the OIC as it was then? Educate and erase the knowledge that I have with facts please

Please Sir, don't derail, read the submission by barcanista on the front page. we have moved on from there. open a new tread and i will give you the evidence. For the last time, Nigeria joined OIC as observer state under Gowon, that has been settle, learn and move on.

3 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

You are a saTANist without mincing word. How can a sensible human smear the image of an innocent man without a verifiable fact? even when we bring some evidence of his innocence you still remain adamant in your hate.

5 Likes

Re: .... by atlwireles: 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
The Babangida regime had a rocky start. A countercoup in December 1985 failed but made it clear that not everyone in the military sided with the Armed Forces Ruling Council. The most serious opposition centered in the labor movement and on the university campuses. In May 1986, students at Ahmadu Bello University and Kaduna Polytechnic staged demonstrations that led to military occupation of those campuses and to the deaths of a number of students. The student movement had considerable support at other universities. On June 4, 1986, the Nigerian Labour Congress in alliance with students and university teachers organized a national day of sympathy, which led to the arrest of many union leaders. There was also considerable controversy over Nigeria's entry into the Organization of the Islamic Conference, an international body of Muslim states, in 1986. Buhari's regime had made the application, which Babangida allowed to stand. The strong reaction among many Christians, led by the Christian Association of Nigeria (formed in 1976), proved to be an embarrassment to the regime.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/nigeria2.htm

4 Likes

Re: .... by pendy79: 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

Please Sir, don't derail, read the submission by barcanista on the front page. we have moved on from there. open a new tread and i will give you the evidence. For the last time, Nigeria joined OIC as observer state under Gowon, that has been settle, learn and move on.

Gowon sent gumi to attend the meeting on invitation and not to sign any agreement to be an observer nation. Attending a meeting to watch proceedings isn't tantamount to membership? People go to watch parliamentary procedure in the national assembly does that make them members of parliament?

You were on and on about Buhari taking Nigeria to OIC as if you where there with him?

1 Like

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
You are a saTANist without mincing word. How can a sensible human smear the image of an innocent man without a verifiable fact? even when we bring some evidence of his innocence you still remain adamant in your hate.

I think I have shown you the link and evidence from a reputable magazine at that period. Just provide me any evidence pointing to the fact that Buhari refused to sign to Nigeria's full membership of the OIC. All you wrote were your imagination devoid of evidence

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

[s]I think I have shown you the link and evidence from a reputable magazine at that period. Just provide me any evidence pointing to the fact that Buhari refused to sign to Nigeria's full membership of the OIC. All you wrote were your imagination devoid of evidence[/s]
You showed me nonsens and wasted few minutes of my life
Re: .... by Isiterere(m): 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
berem:
Barcanista,we still have a long way to educate the saTANists. How long can their dumbness last please?
I have been praying for them to end by Christmas.
Kudos to Barcanista .

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: .... by GenScatter231: 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
berem:
so Shukudi is an old man? Chei, mo gbe! shocked grin

That man is 58yrs old, I don't know why he behaving like a kid. Pathetic sad

6 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
atlwireles:
The Babangida regime had a rocky start. A countercoup in December 1985 failed but made it clear that not everyone in the military sided with the Armed Forces Ruling Council. The most serious opposition centered in the labor movement and on the university campuses. In May 1986, students at Ahmadu Bello University and Kaduna Polytechnic staged demonstrations that led to military occupation of those campuses and to the deaths of a number of students. The student movement had considerable support at other universities. On June 4, 1986, the Nigerian Labour Congress in alliance with students and university teachers organized a national day of sympathy, which led to the arrest of many union leaders. There was also considerable controversy over Nigeria's entry into the Organization of the Islamic Conference, an international body of Muslim states, in 1986. Buhari's regime had made the application, which Babangida allowed to stand. The strong reaction among many Christians, led by the Christian Association of Nigeria (formed in 1976), proved to be an embarrassment to the regime.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/nigeria2.htm
You are a BIG LIAR along with your source. When did GMB made the application? What year and Deat specifically? Who are the delegations that went there? Buhari was toppled in 1985, Nigeria became a member 1986. He never initiated ANYTHING

On the contrary,
The Political Bureau's recommendation encouraged the Government to come out and confirm the Nigerian membership of the OIC. One of the five Nigerian dailies, The Guardian, first broke the news that Nigeria had been admitted into the OIC, quoting the Agence France Press, a wire service based in Paris. The decision for Nigeria to join the OIC was believed to have been taken unilaterally by Babangida. His second in command, the then Chief of General Staff, Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe, and the Minister of Information, Col. Anthony Ukpo, denied knowledge of the Nigerian membership in the OIC.

However, the Government response to the Nigerian membership of the OIC was that Nigeria was one of the founding member nations of OIC, and that other secular African countries were members of the OIC. Defending the Government action, late Sheik Gumi wrongly stated that even Kenya had joined the OIC. Furthermore, Rilwanu Lukman, Petroleum Minister (who led the Nigerian delegation to Morocco when Nigeria became a member in 1986), stated that: "Joining the OIC does not make Nigeria an Islamic State as it did not make other member States like Gabon, Cameroon, Benin, Sierra Leone, and a host of others." What makes the issue of Sharia more complex in Nigeria today is that the proponents of Sharia Law in Nigeria, are now in Obasanjo's administration.
http://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/ajayi/intolerance.html

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2014
Withdraw Nigeria’s membership of OIC to
curtail violence’
AUGUST 13, 2012 BY ETIM EKPIMAH, UYO
Prelate, Presbyterian Church of Nigeria, Rev.
Emele Uka, has called on Nigerian leaders to
withdraw Nigeria’s membership of the
Organisation of Islamic Countries for peace to
reign in the country.
The Prelate, who stated this in an interview with
journalists during the 20th General Assembly of
the church in Uyo on Saturday, maintained that
inasmuch as Nigeria continued to be a member
of the OIC, peace would elude the country.
He said, “The fact of the matter is that this
country, constitutionally, is supposed to be a
secular country. A country where either the
federal or state should neither prohibit religion
nor force its establishment. Yet we signed a
systematic violation of this constitutional
provision.
“Muslim leaders, like Gen. Ibrahim Babangida
(retd), Gen. Sanni Abacha, (retd) and Gen.
Murtala Mohammed, had had a systematic
attempt to islamise Nigeria. It was Babangida
that registered Nigeria as Islamic country in
Organisation for Islamic Contries.

“Unfortunately, during the last meeting of G-8
Islamic countries in Egypt in 2001, Obasanjo
identified himself carrying Nigeria as an Islamic
country by attending that meeting. By that, he
proved Nigeria is an Islamic country. An Islamic
country does not tolerate another religion and
such countries are ruled by Muslims.”
The cleric added, “So, for them, Jonathan should
convert and become a Muslim because they
cannot see how a non-Muslim should rule Nigeria.
It’s a fundamental problem. Nigeria must delist
itself from the Islamic countries of G-8. Nigeria
must change to its status of secular state. I
challenge the executive.
“I challenge members of the senate. I challenge
members of the House of Representatives, why
they are here and seeing the constitution
violated and they have not said anything about
it. Key positions in the country are handled by
Muslims – CBN Governor, National Security
Adviser, Inspector-general of Police and others.
Sharia is the law used to rule the northern states,
and because of this there is no guarantee of
safety for Christians in the North.”
On sovereign national conference, he said such
arrangement did not have constitutional
legitimacy.
“There is no place for national conference or
sovereign national conference in the constitution.
That is why whatever resolution they reach when
convocated has no effect and cannot be used in
the way this country is being governed. The
church is saying that it is a waste of resources,”
he said.
Describing Nigeria as a failed state, Uka averred
that the whole preaching of the gospel is against
corruption, and that they are shocked that
people, even non-Christians take the money that
belongs to retired people in hundreds, millions
and billions to go and build houses. “It is
immoral. Whether a Christian or not, God will
answer.

http://www.punchng.com/news/withdraw-nigerias-membership-of-oic-to-curtail-violence/

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

David Mark Celebrates His 67th Birthday (photos) / Kwankwaso In Egypt To Rescue Students From Repatriation By The State Govt (pics) / 2019: Emeka Ilouno To Buy Buhari’s Nomination Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.