Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Dr Stella Ameyo Adadevoh Would Have Been 58-years-old Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Stella Ameyo Adadevoh Would Have Been 58-years-old Today (843 Views)

58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) / Meet Dr Stella Adadevoh Only Son-bankole Cardoso / Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Stella Ameyo Adadevoh Would Have Been 58-years-old Today by Gluckdude(m): 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
Dr. Stella Ameyo Adadevoh, who saved Nigeria from an Ebola pandemic, would have been 58-years-old today.
The late doctor was born on Saturday, 27 October 1956 in Lagos, Nigeria as the first of four children.
Dr. Adadevoh lost her life on August 19, 2014 after being infected with the Ebola Virus Disease by Liberian index patient, Patrick Sawyer who was admitted at the First Consultant Medical Center in Obalende, Lagos, where she worked.
She is credited with physically restraining Sawyer from leaving the hospital after the diagnosis was confirmed and put herself at immense risk to ensure that he stayed confined.
Her brave actions aided the speedy containment of the disease in Nigeria and the country was declared Ebola-free on October 20, 2014.
Dr. Adadevoh will always be remembered for her bravery which saved millions of Nigerian lives.
May her soul rest in perfect peace.

http://darlingtonblog.com/2014/10/27/doctor-stella-ameyo-adadevoh-would-have-been-58-years-old-today/

1 Like

Re: Dr Stella Ameyo Adadevoh Would Have Been 58-years-old Today by musaajebor(m): 7:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
may her gentle soul continue to rest i peace. i also pray nigerians will never forget her role during the ebola saga and remember her for her bravery and patriotism.
i suggest the lsg should name the first consultant hospital after her memories and fg should build an epitaph in her honour.
and to my fellow nigerians ,i imlore yall to ensure that heroes like Dr Adadevoh are d ones you respect ,honour and support instead of atiku and jonathan. use ypur brain and be the judge.
to the mods, fp please.

1 Like

Re: Dr Stella Ameyo Adadevoh Would Have Been 58-years-old Today by mojounited(m): 7:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
A true Nigerian heroine. Rest in peace ma'am sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Dr Stella Ameyo Adadevoh Would Have Been 58-years-old Today by tit(f): 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
GCFR of the masses!
We shall never forget you.
Sunre!
Re: Dr Stella Ameyo Adadevoh Would Have Been 58-years-old Today by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
RIP Ma'am! You will fondly be remembered.

(1) (Reply)

I Weep For This Nation And Her Hypocrisy / Nigeria Will Not Break-up : Kumuyi / My Presidential Choices For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.