Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially (51767 Views)

Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction / Breaking News: Tambuwal Likely To Decamp To Apc Today / Breaking News Tambuwal, Belgore Blame Foreign Powers For Nigeria's WOES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by olojaoke1(m): 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2014
And the BAT man is kolobying them,i fold hand dey look. Power go change hand like it or not.
Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by Btruth: 2:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
Atta boy! .....welcome home.
Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by anonimi: 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
dplomaticVal:
whether he joins apc or apga.
he still has that pdp indelible mark of thiefery and looting in him undecided

Not at all.
Once you have crossed over into the Arewa People's Congress, APC you are born-to-gain, old things are passed away and you are confirmed as a progreTHIEF.

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
The first time in Nigerian history that a principal officer of the NASS belongs to a different party from the ruling party. Tambuwal's defection does not legally affect his post because provisions of the 1999 constitution (as amended) do not explicitly specify that the Speaker or Senate President must be a member of the majority party.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by qleap2all(m): 2:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
onatisi:
you don't seem to understand nigeria politics . Tambuwal defection to apc is for political survival and relevance . He knows that he won't be given any ticket in pdp not even for councilorship ,all tickets have virtually been shared and he is not among,if he remains in pdp he will not be in any goverment position in the coming goverment and that means no more huge money inflow into his account,the only option left is to move to a party that will give him a tangible ticket befitting of his status. So contrary to your belief ,tambuwal didn't dump pdp,but pdp and gej pushed him out peacefully and nicely without heating up the polity.
So only Tambua won't get money flow again? Tell me why David Mark going 5th time,the truth its a free money and u nd I suffers-no job,amenities,corrution, come to think of it ;none of their children ever look for employment!!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by Durchmann(m): 2:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
stechi:
Listening to Inspiration 92.3FM, a breaking news was just read to the public stating that the Speaker of the House of Assembly,Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal has officially defected to the APC but he still retains his seat as the Speaker. He made his declaration officially known to the house today at the floor of the plenary holding today. It is not clear how many other member of the house joined him in his defection.
----Source,Inspiration 92.3FM

Hmmm...

No Loyalty!

Riff-Raff Politics...

Let's keep watching O!

SMH... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by Navyguy(m): 2:15pm On Oct 28, 2014
how e concern me? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by ifekemmie(f): 2:15pm On Oct 28, 2014
if this news is true ,he will be impeached before the end of the week.

Y re dey impeaching politician deflecting from pdp to apc, and dis is not happening in apc to pdp. Pls re we practising democracy @ all, besides is it constitutional? I no understand dat y am asking abeg no yabbing

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by raumdeuter: 2:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
[size=14pt]Tinubu the master strategist. This is the greatest politician of our time.

He saw this 4yrs ago, when he told SW ACN legislators to reject Mulikat AKande and support Tambuwal for Speaker

What a masterstroke that turned out to be, Thats sacrificing a pawn to gain a Castle. sacrificing an ordinary Rep to gain a speaker

Asiwaju Jagaban Borgu. The intelligence in your toe nail is more than in your opponents family lineage[/size]

11 Likes

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by PROCTOR: 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ehn ehn...
Igba yen wanko
Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by ElijahFobs: 2:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
Pls who is Aminu Tambuwal...is he the chairman of Oodua Peoples Congress? I don't knw because am based in Sri lanka

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by xtervaganza(m): 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
nobleDream:
pls anybody dat knows a genuine data re-seller should plssssss help me out by informing me. i hv fallen victim to fraudsters.pls anybody dat knows a genuine data re-seller should plssssss help me out by informing me. i hv fallen victim to fraudsters.pls anybody dat knows a genuine data re-seller should plssssss help me out by informing me. i hv fallen victim to fraudsters. thanx.
contact prowlg on here. Check his profile
Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by nnachukz(m): 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
Waleyem:
Ooooh dats good!!!!its long over due.he has seen the light at last.APC!!! Change!!!!!

There is something wrong with APC supporters. When an individual is in PDP he is labelled corrupt and bad but once he jumps ship, he becomes an automatic saint. Hmmm same individual, different political party's membership name.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by endy23(m): 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
I would have love dis Apc,but since they are all pdp decampees wit d same looting mentality,wats d different,,they all d same

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by psmithice: 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
i see Nobodyto vote for ....... maybe they should appoint me as the INEC CHAIRMAN OR better still the PRESIDENT [color=#990000][/color] sad

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by BOAR: 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
ElijahFobs:
Pls who is Aminu Tambuwal...is he the chairman of Oodua Peoples Congress? I don't knw because am based in Sri lanka

Your life don spoil finish for that God forsaken country you are holed up!

Mumu of life.
Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by philips70(m): 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
nobleDream:
pls anybody dat knows a genuine data re-seller should plssssss help me out by informing me. i hv fallen victim to fraudsters.pls anybody dat knows a genuine data re-seller should plssssss help me out by informing me. i hv fallen victim to fraudsters.pls anybody dat knows a genuine data re-seller should plssssss help me out by informing me. i hv fallen victim to fraudsters. thanx.

08167133533, Okonja is his moniker here

Very reliable.
Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by aviazuva: 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
Good for him, otherwise he would have seen how difficuklt it is for OBJ to forgive and forget
Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by psmithice: 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
i see Nobodyto vote for ....... maybe they should appoint me as the INEC CHAIRMAN OR better still the PRESIDENT
sad
Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by bayocanny: 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
Adupe ooooo
Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by robinsoncrosoe: 2:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
The hausa/fulani wants to make sure that power returns to the north by all means necessary.what is makin me angry is that some fools from the south are supportin them.if they like all the northern senators should defect.it will be gej till 2019

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by KLand(m): 2:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
I am not surprised that he finally defected from pdp to apc. The only thing I am surprised about is why it took him so long to defect. The signs have been there since ages. But anyway, I don't care which party he belongs to. Let his people decided on that.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by akinsadeez(m): 2:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
This is not in any way surprising. He has been an APC member in all but name for the past few years. I like the fact that he has the courage and the conviction to carry it through notwithstanding the opposition that he is sure to face from the ruling party.

Remember that when he was about to be elected, he was not the one chosen by the PDP national executives. Hon Mulikat Akande Adeila was the chosen one but the PDP house members revolted against the imposition and in conjunction with the APC(CPC and ACN) then voted their own man in.

Thus right from the word go, Tambuwal has never been in cahoots with the PDP and the presidency the way Senator David Mark has been. He has been more comfortable with the opposition than his own party

Furthermore he has just set a record;
This is the first time in the history of Nigeria since 1999 that one of the offices of the leadership of the National assembly is being held by an opposition member. Since 1999, the office of President of the Senate and Speaker of house of assembly has been always been held by PDP at every point in time.

let's hope we have more of this for our democracy to grow

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by petnuel(m): 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
I urge u all 2 rise and chest out for the man
Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by gidjah(m): 2:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
ITS A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT.MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PEACE !
Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by onatisi(m): 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
qleap2all:

So only Tambua won't get money flow again? Tell me why David Mark going 5th time,the truth its a free money and u nd I suffers-no job,amenities,corrution, come to think of it ;none of their children ever look for employment!!
exactly my point. The movement of pooliticians from one party to another is basically for selfish reasons . And the current system of politics been praticised in nigeria is one that only corrupt politicians can survive and excel in. I have always said it that there is no single politician in nigeria who isn't a criminal or who is going into goverment for the sake of the masses. Let's take a example that sells a presidential form for 30million,please where the candidate recoup the money back if not from goverment coffers? That is why many old politicians have refused to leave the center stage of nigerian politics because that is the only business venture they know. Nigerians have to wake up and realise the nigeria to these politicians is just like an oil well ,they don't see nigerians as people ,these politicians seem nigerians as a means and instrument of making mega billions of dollars

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by xcolanto(m): 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
Yawns! Apc admitting pdp unfaithful's since its inception. A party where the aggrieved, bitter, rebellious and unpatriotics gather to steal power by any and every means possible!
Come 2015 all power seeking mongers shall be duely disgraced.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by meine: 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
How does his defection to APC help their fortune? Too many meaningless drama in my opinion.They should just conduct the elections and let us be,bunch of confused people.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
God be with him.
Re: Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially by hayzed2: 2:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
It was an atmosphere of jubilation as well as mourning on
the floor of the House of Representatives today as the
Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal declared for the All Progressives
party, APC.
At exactly 12:24pm Tambuwal In a short speech at the end of plenary, said he was defecting to the APC for political
reasons adding that the yearning of his people in Sokoto
State necessitates the decision.
This puts to rest the avalanche of speculations on if or when
he would defect. Some members of the PDP were in tears as Tambuwal declared.
However, the APC Caucus in the House led by Femi
Gbajabiamila said they would be stimulated into doing more by Tambuwal’s defection, adding that nothing has changed in the House as all members would work together for the advancement of the Parliament and greater good if the Nigerian people.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi / Crowd At Saraki's House In Kwara For Rice And N200 (Photos) / Officers Who Spoke With Terrorists After Kuje Prison Attack Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.