Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl (483611 Views)

Dinner With The Devil By Repogirl / Happy Birthday, Repogirl / FAAD: Forever And A Day (episode 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by AMYpurple(f): 3:17pm On May 20, 2015
Nne sorry,i hope you are ok too bad that my first time commenting on this thread is to condone you. No need to tell you how good you are..you already know it all
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by ellachic95(f): 4:13pm On May 20, 2015
I'm really sorry for ur loss.It must have been traumatic.Be of good cheer dearie.its going to well..I'm ready whenever u are..just take ur time and do all u need to do.cheers
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Cryxtal(f): 4:53pm On May 20, 2015
Awesome I must say. M sorry for your loss. God is ur strenght. Stay strong
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Eneze1(f): 6:17pm On May 20, 2015
Repogirl sorry about your loss, may God give you the fortitude to bear the loss. The last update was mind blowing keep it up
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by emilygold(f): 10:02pm On May 20, 2015
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 20, 2015
Sorry for ur loss, dear. Don't let it weigh u down too much. BTW, Nice job u're doing here. U're very good. And Lest i forget, i got to read False Pretenses. It was a bomb. Infact, a bomb-blast. Repowoman all the way
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by ugoblaze1(m): 10:51pm On May 20, 2015
sorry 4 d loss
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Nobody: 1:34am On May 21, 2015
So sorry for your loss. God shall be your strength in these trying times.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by lolalizabetha(f): 1:47pm On May 21, 2015
Oh my....my condolences repogirl. You are soooo much loved.
Been following your stories after Unfulfilled promise where Audrey Timms mentioned you. Amazing ...I must say. BTW. to all plagiarist who give writers a hard time here,.making them remove their stories....There izzz God. Looking forward to more of this story...
**Thumbs up**
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by jaymomma(f): 6:01pm On May 21, 2015
May his soul RIP. Be strong repogirl
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by BlizzydoDo(f): 10:08pm On May 21, 2015
May his soul R.I.P. & sorry 4 yur loss.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Kajiang02(m): 1:24am On May 22, 2015
repogirl:

Thanks so much guys, I appreciate it.

Peju dear, my only vex is you got friends here, family (brothers and sisters) alike. Sure people disagree to re-agree on so many things but at least, we would have assisted Mr Amadi in the grieving and consoling you.

Take heart our dear. I'm sure he's resting now.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by trixandra(f): 9:48am On May 22, 2015
May his soul rest in peace.. Amen.. Sorry for your loss
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Skimpledawg(m): 11:32am On May 22, 2015
Sowi for ya loss Repogirl....d good lord will comfort u n family. Am glad ua back
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 10:10pm On May 23, 2015
Alicapapaya:

Repogirl it is well. God gives and take for good reasons best known to him. May the soul of daddy rest in great perfect peace in Jesus mighty name. Amen... we love daddy but God loves him more...
bumsiee:
Aunty repo so sorry 4 ur loss. May d lord give u d strength to bear d loss. N may he feel d gap that has been created. It's well dear kiss
darlingnelo:
sorry for ur loss, may his soul rest in perfect peace
kenigwe18:
rilli xowie 'bout daht........pls acpt ma condolenses
AMYpurple:
Nne sorry,i hope you are ok
too bad that my first time commenting on this thread is to condone you.
No need to tell you how good you are..you already know it all
ellachic95:
I'm really sorry for ur loss.It must have been traumatic.Be of good cheer dearie.its going to well..I'm ready whenever u are..just take ur time and do all u need to do.cheers
Cryxtal:
Awesome I must say. M sorry for your loss. God is ur strenght. Stay strong
Eneze1:
Repogirl sorry about your loss, may God give you the fortitude to bear the loss. The last update was mind blowing keep it up
emilygold:
May his soul rest in peace
discoprophet:
Sorry for ur loss, dear. Don't let it weigh u down too much. BTW, Nice job u're doing here. U're very good. And Lest i forget, i got to read False Pretenses. It was a bomb. Infact, a bomb-blast. Repowoman all the way
ugoblaze1:
sorry 4 d loss
Donbaracuda:
So sorry for your loss. God shall be your strength in these trying times.
lolalizabetha:
Oh my....my condolences repogirl. You are soooo much loved.
Been following your stories after Unfulfilled promise where Audrey Timms mentioned you. Amazing ...I must say. BTW. to all plagiarist who give writers a hard time here,.making them remove their stories....There izzz God. Looking forward to more of this story...
**Thumbs up**
jaymomma:
May his soul RIP. Be strong repogirl
BlizzydoDo:
May his soul R.I.P. & sorry 4 yur loss.
Kajiang02:

Peju dear, my only vex is you got friends here, family (brothers and sisters) alike. Sure people disagree to re-agree on so many things but at least, we would have assisted Mr Amadi in the grieving and consoling you.
Take heart our dear. I'm sure he's resting now.
trixandra:
May his soul rest in peace.. Amen.. Sorry for your loss
Skimpledawg:
Sowi for ya loss Repogirl....d good lord will comfort u n family. Am glad ua back

Thanks guys, I appreciate the wishes.... made me really glad to know i have true well wishers here. God has been magnificent, He has been the strength to my entire family and I am grateful to him for helping us cope with the loss. Thanks a lot guys, y'all can be awesome when you want to be.

Well, because I was feeling so good this past week, I fast tracked this next chapter for you guys and only just finished with it. hope y'all enjoy.

coming in a bit.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Skimpledawg(m): 10:31pm On May 23, 2015
*runs to frontrow and sits.....sips alomo while munching fish-roll! As e dey hot oo auntie Repo grin

1 Like

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 10:41pm On May 23, 2015
CHAPTER 08
Eleven years ago

"Hello......Mofe!"

Mofe jumped to the sound of Ezinne's voice at the door. Turning on the bed, still quite groggy from sleep, he wasn't exactly sure he had heard right. Could it be a dream, one of the occasional dreams he usually had about her? But the insistent raps came up on the door again and he realised it was no dream, she was indeed at the door.

"Open up Mofe, I know you are in there."

"Yeah, gimme a minute." He called at her quite surprised and wondering what she could be doing here, not that he minded seeing that pretty face for a few minutes but he hoped there was no problem. Had Dr. Franca refused her term paper after she had returned? He doubted it, the lecturer had given the impression that she would accept it especially as she had asked her to look after her kid. Except Ezinne had said or done something to annoy the woman again, he hoped she hadn't dropped the baby on her head.

He got up to pull on a shirt over his basketball shorts. He'd meant to go for the game but had chosen to rest instead as he hardly had the time to rest much and it had been a good opportunity. He would probably have been benched through the game for being late anyway because of his detour to help Zinnie. He didn't regret his decision to help Ezinne instead of going for the game what was bball compared to Zinnie and besides, he'd had two good hours worth of sleep.

He opened the door to see her standing out there, looking as beautiful as usual, her brown eyes even lighter in colour as the sun reflected against them. She didn't look troubled, in fact she was smiling brightly, perfect white dentition in full view.

"Hi?" He started, his baritone voice deeper than usual as he was just waking up.

"Did I wake you up? I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were asleep, I thought you were pretending not to be in." She started, apologising in earnest.

Mofe frowned in sudden confusion "and why in the world would I do that?" He wondered aloud.

She shrugged, the smile somewhat dimming "How would I know with your attitude that fluctuates more than that of a hormonal woman, one can never be sure what mood one would meet you in."

Had she just compared him to a hormonal woman? "I dont know if it's cause I'm still groggy and not quite awake yet but I'm quite sure you just sort of insulted me just now?"

Her eyes widened in mock amazement "Did I?"

He shook his head at her, seeing the amusement in her eyes, " You are lucky I'm not thinking straight at the moment or I would have found the perfect reply for you."

"Yeah whatever, anyway I brought lunch, not sure if you've had any. If you have, you could eat it for dinner. Kind of a thank you gesture for your help today."

He raised a brow noticing the polythene bag in her hand as she raised it up. This was a pleasant surprise, he took the bag she handed him. Well, guess the thing with Dr. Franca had gone well after all.

"You want to come in for a while," he invited not wanting this meeting to end already "I haven't had lunch yet, you could join me."

He saw uncertainty cross her eyes for a second. "I should probably let you get on with your sleep."

"Come on," He persuaded "lets enjoy this wonderful meal you didn't cook together, sleep can wait."

That got her attention, her eyebrows peaked"and what makes you think I didn't cook it?" She asked stepping into the room.

He scoffed"Please! I have been in and out of your house for almost four years now and have never for once seen you in the kitchen."

"Oh? So because you come in once a while and have not seen me in the kitchen now means I can't cook?" She asked casually dropping on the couch in the room.

"Yes. You don't cook, that's the reason your dad hired the cook, duh?" He said going into the kitchen to get dishes.

"Just cause we have a cook doesn't mean I can't cook." She countered

"yeah, right," he muttered bringing in the dishes from the kitchen and laying it on the desk that acted as his reading table and right now dinning table. Proceeding to dish the meal, he marvelled at the aroma that assaulted his nostrils, the meal consisted beans, fried plantain with grilled fish. "You really want me to believe you cooked this? When did your babysitting job end that you came up with all this."

"I didn't say I prepared this, I only said that you were wrong to assume i couldn't cook."

He paused for a while turning to hold her eyes, he knew how to catch her"Okay then, prove me wrong. Cooking challenge tomorrow, make us a meal, hows that?"

She raised her brows, pausing for a second as she came up with a reply "Just come out and say you are looking for a free meal, Mofe."

He couldn't help the chuckle that escaped him "Okay, yeah who wouldn't like a free meal but it would also be a chance to prove you can cook, very win-win don't you think?"

"Hmmmm," she seemed to be considering it "and how would you be sure I prepared it myself?"

"Because my dear,you will be preparing it here, in my kitchen. My kitchen might not be as fancy as yours but it's not all bad, it's got the basics, a sink with running water, gas stove even with an oven and grill, if you'd like to use that. You can manage well and I will be on hand to help with anything you need except the cooking part."

"Hmmm.....and what will I be cooking?" She asked and it seemed to him that she might actually take him up on it.

"Anything you are comfortable with." He said trying to pity her a bit, he didn't want to be picky, even if it was indomie noodles she chose to prepare, he was fine with it.

"I am comfortable with anything you want me to prepare." She stated.

Mofe smiled slowly, he had to give her points for bravery here, she held her own even though he knew very well she didn't know the first thing about cooking anything. "Okay then, I would like you to prepare.... Spaghetti with Chicken stir fry." I will provide all the ingredients and help you with chopping it up but I won't cook it. Deal?"

He told himself she would back out but was quite surprised when she extended her hand to him, "Deal!"

He took her hand in a handshake but didn't release it just yet "If you prove me wrong that you can indeed cook, you can ask for anything from me and I will have to comply regardless of what it is, the same if you lose. I will ask anything of you and you will have to comply."

She frowned , distrust showing up in her beautiful eyes " No sexually related request will be involved I hope?"

"Oh please!" He scoffed "Of course not!"

He wasn't sure what he'd done or said that got her laughing but he liked the sound of her chuckles "Okay then, deal!"

He released her slender and delicate hand finally, already missing the feel of it in his. She would back out from the deal before tomorrow, he was sure.

Giving in to his desire to savour the meal he took a spoon full from his plate, it was divine. Sweet and very different from the regular taste of beans. It must have showed on his face because she smiled.

"Beans cooked in coconut milk, it's a specialty of the cook's, you like it?"

"It tastes awesome." He handed her the plate containing hers.

"How come you are home, anyway? You said you had somewhere to be." She asked as she accepted it from him.

"Yeah," he pulled out the chair behind the desk to sit opposite her. I changed my eye and decided to grab some shut eye instead. How did the babysitting go?"

"Not bad at all, Isabel slept not long after you had left and Dr, Franca came back to meet her still asleep. I can safely say that I am sure I will be getting a good score on that term paper."

Mofe chuckled, "You see, not so difficult after all, how did you get her to fall asleep?"

She smiled knowingly then "I did as you suggested, I sang to her."

He shook his head, still smiling "Zinnie, you definitely owe me."

"But I am cooking for you tomorrow." She protested

"That's different." He shook his head. "That's a challenge."

"Hmmm, so what do I owe you now?"

"Something, I'm not sure at the moment but soon, I'll let you know."

"Wow, Don Corleone, so you are just going to hold it over my head like the sword of Damocles?"

He chuckled at her reference if him as the godfather "Don't worry, I'm a simple guy, I don't demand much."

"I surely hope so."

He smiled at her as he took a spoon of the meal, he couldn't believe his luck today. She was here and they were having a meal together. Dumping his cousin and the bball game had been the best decision he'd made even though he knew he wouldn't hear the last of it from his cousin that evening.

He'd saved some beans for him, that might help pacify him somewhat, Eric didn't plat with his stomach and he would be hungry after the game.

"By the way, there would b a penalty if you back out of our agreement tomorrow, you know that?"

She burst into laughter " Mofe," she called looking him dead in the eye "be assured, I am not backing out! Where are you even coming up with these rules from? Its just a cooking challenge, not the Olympics."

He shook his head " I take all challenges seriously, Zinnie because I like to win and I usually do."

"Okay well,too bad because you aren't winning this one."

"Oh really?" See her making mouth as if she had some ace up her sleeve that he didn't know about. She was bluffing.

"Yes really."

"You can bluff all you want now Ezinne but tomorrow, be ready to put your food where your mouth is." He said drily drawing laughter from her. The sound intoxicated him, he still couldn't believe she was here in his little self contain apartment. He was enjoying this day immensely.

Ezinne wasn't sure what in the world had propelled her to accept Mofe's challenge. She should've admitted the truth to him that she couldn't cook to save her life but she hadn't wanted to appear like the spoiled rich kid he definitely saw her to be. Not that she was one anyway and she wasn't sure why it should even matter to her what he thought about her but at that moment, she had felt a need to prove herself to him.

It had been a stupid move on her part, tomorrow he was going to find out the truth and she would even be more ashamed of herself. She should call him and concede an early defeat, she reasoned but she just didn't want to give him that satisfaction. Satisfaction of being right that she was a spoiled rich kid. It wasn't her fault that she had never had the need to prepare food for herself, was it?

She wasn't one to go down without a fight, she would spend all night watching youtube cooking videos for all she cared, if that was what it would take to shove it in his face that she wasn't spoiled.

The blinking of her phone's screen indicating a call was coming in caught her attention and she moved to pick it. She had forgotten the device for the past few hours as she had been taking a hurried crash course in the preparation of chicken stirfry. It was Dara calling.

"Chick how far?" She asked straight up meaning to finish with her as quickly as she could and get on back to youtube.

"Yeah...Are you busy?"Dara asked

"Sort of..why?"

"Well thats the way you reply when you are busy with stuff. Anyway I wanted to confirm how it went with that lecturer."

"Yeah, she finally accepted it o! Praise the Lord, but she had me babysit her kid for a while first."

"What?" Dara asked not getting the last part.

"Yeah, she had a meeting she had to attend and asked that I should look after her kid till she got back."

On hearing that, her friend burst into chuckles "Seriously? How in the world did you take care of a baby?"

"Well, according to Mofe, she's over a year and not much of baby. She actually fell asleep when....."

"Wait, you went there with that guy?"

"Mofe? Yeah, he pled with her on my behalf and that was why she even listened. She seems to have a soft spot for him, I haven't seen Dr. Franca that jovial with anyone before. I don't blame her anyway, he can be quite charming when he isn't being annoying and he is quite good looking."

"Hmmmm, so he's good looking, right?" Dara asked

Ezinne suspected there was a hidden meaning in Dara's words, the way she had said it."You don't think he is?"

"No... of course he's quite fine, tall dark and rugged looking, if one is into such. It's just that you seem to have been hanging around the guy a lot quite recently and now you think he's good looking? You must see how that looks?"

Ezinne sat up "What do you mean, Dara? How does that look, what are you insinuating?"

"Nothing, it's nothing," she said hastily "I also called to talk about Uduak, you guys have been fighting for long enough, isn't it time you two got back together? She's sorry and ready to make up."

"I 'm not in the mood to make up with her yet."

"Ah ahn, it's been weeks and it was even you who turned the fight into something else"

"Turned what? I almost missed a final paper, Dara!"

"Yeah, but then , washing your linen in public wasn't the way to go. If you guys can just meet up and talk tomorrow....by the way she has turned a new leaf, she isn't cheating and doing shady runs anymore. I guess she took your threats seriously."

"Well, good for her but I can't see her tomorrow even if I wanted to. I have something planned with Mofe."

"Oh?" Dara paused "you guys are doing something together?".

"Yes, he challenged me to prepare a meal at his place." She smiled as she said it, thinking how silly it must sound to her friend. "Spaghetti and Chicken stir fry and I agreed."

"But you can't cook," Dara pointed.

"Nope but I have to try or he would think he is right, that I'm a spoiled rich Kid."

"Are you out of your mind?" Dara's voice was now raised. "By the way when did you guys get so close that you now go to his place and even cook for him?"

"Today was the first day I was at his place and I am not cooking for him. It's a challenge, he thinks I'm spoiled and I want to prove him wrong."

"What does it matter what he thinks?"

"Ezinne was about to reply but wasn't sure what to say. "It matters, Dara," that was all she could come up with.

"are you falling for this guy, Ezinne?"

"What? What do you mean falling for him?"

"You like him, dont you?:"

"What? ofcourse not! We just talk, thats all."

"Oh please!" She heard the amusement in her friend's voice "I know you well, Zinnie, I have seen the way you are around him, how upset you were that day he left suddenly at the lab , now today you are talking about how good looking he is, girl you like him!"

"Dara, I seriously don't know what you are saying, so just because I said he's good looking, I am now in love with him or what.... So that's how to know when I like someone?" She asked

"Okay o, I know you won't admit it but it's there, you like him or you won't be so worried about what he thinks."

"I dont like him Dara, Even if I do, its just as friends, nothing else! Now good night before you sum up more of your baseless theories, I have work to do!" Ezinne said hanging up to the sound of her friend seriously chuckling at her end.

She shook her head, why had she even bothered to talk to Dara about this. She should have known she would take it to the next level.

Mofe was a hunk that was no lie, couldn't she appreciate his good looks innocently? Okay what if she did like to be around him? He was funny, interesting and was good at mocking and teasing her, making her laugh. She enjoyed his company and sometimes when he wasn't looking, she stared at him, wondering about him. Curious how such an intelligent guy had to engage in so many menial tasks, what about his parents and family?

She was eager to know about him, to know his story and while at his place today, she had wanted to ask him a few questions but had been scared of encroaching into his personal issues without an invitation. Instead they had enjoyed the meal, talked about nothing serious and joked about the challenge to come the next day.

Dara was wrong, he was a great guy, good looking and even though she had a nagging interest to know him, they were still just friends.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 10:54pm On May 23, 2015
Present Day

Mofe approached the reception very surprised that renovations hadn't begun. He’d assumed with the sponsorship from his company, it would have begun in earnest but was surprised to see all was as it was two weeks back since he’d last been there.

He'd come over today with intentions to reveal his true identity as per his aunt's instructions, and get to the bottom of everything. He had been estranged too long from his daughter's life, he didn't have ant a fight with Ezinne, he didn't even want to rehash his past with her. All he wanted to do was move forward, know his daughter and come to an agreement with her on how to make up for what he had missed from her life so far.

He was still royally angry with her but as his aunt had instructed, he needed to shelve that anger aside for a while, so as not to ruin the reunion. It sounded so easy but he wasn't that naive, Ezinne was sure to freak out when he revealed himself to her. He hoped to God things wouldn't get as bad as he suspected they could.

On getting closer to the building, he heard raised voices of people definitely in an argument, one of which was Ezinne's. He quickened his strides wondering what could be going on.

At the reception, Maureen was behind her desk, an uneasy expression on her features, but she managed a surprised smile when he came in.

“Mr. Stevens, Hello, wasn't expecting you today."

"Yeah," he said looking at the closed door of Ezinne's office, that was where all the ruckus was coming from. "I came to drop off this. " He dropped the newspaper on her desk asking, "you are on page 36. What in the world is going on in there?"

"Emmmm....it's .. They are having a slight disagreement." Maureen managed

It certainly didn't seem slight to him."About what?"

"She shrugged uncertainly but Mofe was sure she had an idea what it was about but didn't plan on snitching.

"Okay, can you let your madam know I'm around and I would like to see her?" He told her. That should quell whatever was going on in there.

Maureen picked up the intercom and dialled Ezinne's number.

"Umm...Madam, Mr. Stevens is here for you.... Okay."

She dropped the phone and looked up at him "she'll be with you in a minute."

The voices went quiet now and shortly after, the door opened with Rachel was the first one out followed by Ezinne's business manager lover.
Mofe's eyes were trained on him, the other man didn't seem joyous at seeing him either. They regarded each other in silence.

Rachel, whose features on leaving the room had been pissed brightened slightly on seeing him "Mr. Stevens, what a surprise, we'd thought you'd left us for good. Its been a while since we saw you, how have you been?"

"I've been fine, thank you. I had to travel for a while." Mofe replied her with a quick glance, before taking his gaze back to Ezinne's lover who still regarded him silently before for some unspoken reason, he turned and walked out of the reception.

Mofe had sensed the man's displeasure, probably because of the just cut short argument of a few minutes before. If Mofe had to take a guess off the top of his head, he would say money had something to do with their disagreement.

"What's your weekend like, Sunday evening, precisely? Can you be free?" Rachel began asking and Mofe had to spare her another glance.

"Errr.... possibly?..." He replied unsure, wondering what this could be about.

"Ezinne and I would love if you could join us for dinner, just a little something to say thanks ?" She asked.

He wasn't sure about it, he doubted Ezinne would want to have dinner when she knew who really was.

"Err...." He was about to decline when Maureen's shriek tore through office.

"What the.." Rachel shook

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," She apologised, clamping a hand over her offending mouth but the glee still remained all too evident on her face, the newspaper lay open on her desk and he guessed she'd seen the feature on the centre.

"What's that?" Ezinne flung open the door to her office, demanding.

Mofe turned to her, going over her appearance, she wasn't in the usual kaftan this time, instead she'd opted for grey pants and a sleeveless multi coloured chiffon blouse that showed off her creamy slender arms. The blouse was cinched at the waist with a belt and he wondered at how slim her waist had remained all this time. Motherhood hadn't affected her figure in the least.

Shaking himself, he told himself fe wasn't admiring her even though he recalled how it had felt to put his hands on her waist and pull her close to himself. He needed to get a grip, this was Ezinne, she had pushed him away and kept their child secret from him all these years. He should hate her but here he was, appreciating her body when he should know better.

"I'm sorry Ma, it's the papers, we are in the papers." Maureen said barely controlling the excitement in her voice.

Rachel was looking at her amusedly "Is that why you are screeching like a banshee?"

"I'm sure it's more to do with her photograph on the page," he added dryly trying to get his mind off Ezinne's body with the joke. Maureen rolled her eyes at him.

"You ran the feature?" Ezinne asked him, surprise and happiness brightening her features.

"Yes," he replied her steeling himself from appreciating how adorable she looked when happy. There was a time he would have done anything to have such a look on her face.

'Arent you still?' His mind's voice asked and he had to agree. He'd had to call in a big favour with an Editor in a top news agency which did business with his organisation to run the story on the paper.

"Let me take a look," Rachel moved towards Maureen's desk while Ezinne beckoned with her hand in his direction , gesturing that he come into her office.

"Mr. Stevens, you have done so much for us already, please step into my office, I'm not sure how exactly to thank you."

"You could start by forcing him to come to dinner on Sunday evening!" Rachel called out just before Ezinne shut the door.

He couldn't help the smile that crept up the side of his mouth at Rachel's resilience. "She sure is pushy," he muttered noticing the laptop on her desk which was opened. He hadn't seen it before in her office and he doubted it was hers, probably Rachel's or her manager lover boyfriend's.

Ezinne also wore a small smile of her own "You don't know the half of it... Please have a seat.... How have you been, it's been a while." She seemed so genuinely pleased to have him there, if only she knew who he really was, he thought.

"Fine.. although quite surprised that work hadn't begun on the place especially that building you live in." He said as he took the seat opposite hers.

"Yeah...." Her face dropped now. "We will begin as soon as we can resolve some issues."

Mofe frowned, what did she exactly mean by issues?

"What do you mean, madam?" He asked trying to be calm about it all.

"Something to do about clearing the debt we've been racking up for a while now, that's according to the business manager."

Mofe shook his head "No..No, that money was so you could do something about the present living conditions of you and your daughter..."

My business manager thinks otherwise." She replied quietly.

What the .....? Mofe Sat up, How much debt had they amassed that work couldn't begin on the house. He had asked Jared to write out a sizable check that ran to the tune of six figures and they had a quarterly arrangement, which meant she would keep receiving the donation every three months, all year round.

There was enough money here to pay off whatever loans in instalments and work on her residence simultaneously.Was that what the shouting had been about?

"I don't think your ........." Before he could complete his statement, Maureen burst through the door.

"Sorry ma but Madam Rachel and Mr. Emeka are at it again outside." She said.

Ezinne shot up from her chair muttering a hurried "Please excuse me for a moment, Mr. Stevens." as she hurried out, Maureen closing the door behind her.

Mofe had a niggling feeling that something wasn't right, he didn't trust that shady business manager lover of hers.
His eyes fell on the laptop on the desk.

He was quite sure the PC belonged to the man. If it did, it would contain a lot of information. Information on how he managed the finances and he badly wanted to take a peek at it. It was wrong to do so but he needed to allay his suspicions, besides he would be doing a lot of good to Ezinne by saving the centre from losing money to a fraud.

He also even had stakes in the place after all he couldn't be funnelling millions into this place so his daughter could have a decent place to live only for some lover boy to siphon it all into his private accounts. There was no way he was letting that happen on his watch.
searching in the pockets of his jacket, he found what he was searching for, a flash disk. One terabyte, it contained an assortment of software and applications, most of which he had created himself. Mostly security applications but also a few computer hacking ones. The plan was to access lover boy's PC and copy his files for review later. He would also install a spyware application that would enable him monitor all his activities on the system remotely also.

It had been a while since he'd done this sort of thing. He had to work fast as there was no telling when Ezinne would get back.

9 Likes

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 10:57pm On May 23, 2015
alright, thats all for now.

skimpledawg, i see ya.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Olaitan3784(f): 11:21pm On May 23, 2015
thank you so much, love every bit of the story.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Skimpledawg(m): 11:27pm On May 23, 2015
repogirl:
alright, thats all for now.

skimpledawg, i see ya.
Ohhh repo mama, d way u analyse dz love btw Mofe n Zinnie is just so real nd i cnt help buh smile yle reading. I so much enjoy it......cwiosly glad ua back. cool
*grabs d pot of update n runs away* grin

Wished u more writing brain cells n grace to kip ya family dear.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by SexySapphire(f): 12:10am On May 24, 2015
I'm really sorry about your loss, may God give you and your entire family members the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss and grant peace to the soul of the departed.
By the way, it is nice having you back repogirl and reading something on Mofe and Zinnie just gives me that rush of adrenaline. Thanks for taking the time out to write.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by omobola200(f): 12:17am On May 24, 2015
Thanks Peju for the update, its really worth the wait.
And accept my condolences. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by lenmafon: 7:42am On May 24, 2015
thank u so much repogirl. pls accept my condolences over de loss of ur dad. its well with u
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by lenmafon: 7:49am On May 24, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Ohhh repo mama, d way u analyse dz love btw Mofe n Zinnie is just so real nd i cnt help buh smile yle reading. I so much enjoy it......cwiosly glad ua back. cool

where do u think u can run to mr?
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Nobody: 9:37am On May 24, 2015
Jeez!!! Repogirl, you are too much! the way you write your stories is....................

Thanks for the updates. expecting more...........
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by losprince(m): 10:38am On May 24, 2015
Skimpledawg:

my friend betcha drop that pot before ya get burnt
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by MissDetermined: 12:11pm On May 24, 2015
Always worth the wait! Thanks for an amazing update Repogirl,more ink to your pen,more ink!

Happy sunday fellas
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Emeraldz(f): 3:11pm On May 24, 2015
Wonderful update. Take heart repo girl. May your dad's soul rest in peace
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Skimpledawg(m): 6:39pm On May 24, 2015
losprince:
my friend betcha drop that pot before ya get burnt
grin......@lenmafon, u CNT catch me cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (54) (Reply)

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Silent Seduction / Diary Of A Broke Playboy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.