Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God (2824 Views)

He Joined Me To Church Today, Because I Promised To Buy Him Beer. / If A Thieve Steals The Money I Had Packaged For Tithe, Do I Still Pay Tithe From / I Promised God My First Fruit Buh It Was Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:17pm On Oct 30, 2014
I cant give my money to a dishonest organisation. I dont believe in your church, your yahweh or your jewish jesus. I live to serve humanity. I make no sacrifice to no non-existent deity!
Re: Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God by fubbyy(m): 8:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
jdilight:

It is unfortunate you don't know what a vow is. If you go to a church be yourself, don't do things because others are doing it. If I don't have offering, I sit tight on my sit. I don't go out to borrow and give offering. If there is a vow in my church, I don't vow until I hear God say do so or I have to pay for the vow. Why?

Ecclesiastes 5:4, "When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed."

The pastor is doing you a great service though he may not know. Don't tempt God, go and fulfill your vow. And be cautious next time to be a man for once by living by a principle. Stop being moved by opinion and circumstances.
I actually have a means of raising the #5,000 but something happened and it failed which can happen to anybody
Re: Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God by jdilight(m): 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
fubbyy:
I actually have a means of raising the #5,000 but something happened and it failed which can happen to anybody

I understand you, it can happen to anyone. I do own God some time, but I don't let even my closest friend know about it. Its love that should drive us to do something. The way you sounded was to me as if you wanted to just discredit the pastor. There is no gainsaying the fact that there are hungry pastors and fraudsters in the church, but we should always consider the result of dragging God's name to the mud in a bid to score a point or make our friends laugh.

Please next time try to keep your covenant with God or man personal. Also always take responsibility for your actions as a man. But try to be a man before taking the action so that the responsibility can be bearable.
Re: Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God by vooks: 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
Who asked you all that?
Amateur atheist..zip it and learn that iconclasim is almost as old as humanity angry
Oduduwaboy:
I cant give my money to a dishonest organisation. I dont believe in your church, your yahweh or your jewish jesus. I live to serve humanity. I make no sacrifice to no non-existent deity!
Re: Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God by vooks: 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2014
Excellent counsel.
Go and share with the pastor your dilemma. Usually,men have to be reminded of their (financial) obligations these are the most convenient to forget. Talk to any businessman, your creditors hound you 247 and you hound your debtors. They even have credit control function precisely for this.

jdilight:

I understand you, it can happen to anyone. I do own God some time, but I don't let even my closest friend know about it. Its love that should drive us to do something. The way you sounded was to me as if you wanted to just discredit the pastor. There is no gainsaying the fact that there are hungry pastors and fraudsters in the church, but we should always consider the result of dragging God's name to the mud in a bid to score a point or make our friends laugh.

Please next time try to keep your covenant with God or man personal. Also always take responsibility for your actions as a man. But try to be a man before taking the action so that the responsibility can be bearable.
Re: Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God by fubbyy(m): 9:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
jdilight:

thanks

But this should go more to the pastor to leave my covenant with God alone,its out of annoyance that I started telling people about it
Re: Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God by vooks: 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
Fubby,
Did you ever share with him your reasons for not keeping the vow? And what exactly do you tell him whenever he claims his 'pound of flesh'?
fubbyy:
thanks

But this should go more to the pastor to leave my covenant with God alone,its out of annoyance that I started telling people about it
Re: Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God by fubbyy(m): 9:46pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
Fubby,
Did you ever share with him your reasons for not keeping the vow? And what exactly do you tell him whenever he claims his 'pound of flesh'?
when I make that promise,I had in mind of where to get the money even till now I still have where to raise the money from,its just delaying

I keep telling him to give me sometime because I know I'll pay the money,at a time it came across my mind that I'm not owing him so I shouldn't be pleading with him on when to pay,infact he shouldn't even ask me about the money cause I don't owe him
Re: Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God by vooks: 5:03am On Nov 01, 2014
So you haven't told him why you are delaying? That's the problem. Tell the man you have a problem keeping the vow because of ABC and you will contact him when you can afford. How would he know of what you are going through if all you can afford is buying time?
fubbyy:
when I make that promise,I had in mind of where to get the money even till now I still have where to raise the money from,its just delaying

I keep telling him to give me sometime because I know I'll pay the money,at a time it came across my mind that I'm not owing him so I shouldn't be pleading with him on when to pay,infact he shouldn't even ask me about the money cause I don't owe him
Re: Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God by fubbyy(m): 9:02am On Nov 01, 2014
vooks:

So you haven't told him why you are delaying? That's the problem. Tell the man you have a problem keeping the vow because of ABC and you will contact him when you can afford. How would he know of what you are going through if all you can afford is buying time?
does he even suppose 2 ask me about the money for one minute,did I make any promise to him? Am I owing him?

This whole thing has made it dawn on me that church is a business,money I promised to God na wetin man come dey worry me
Re: Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God by vooks: 9:25am On Nov 01, 2014
How did he know you had vowed? Either you left your details or you told him

When you go to church and leave your details plus your commitment to offer something, it is not unreasonable to recieve calls reminding you of your commitment. That's unwarranted conclusion. If you have issues against the church. Don't cling to this incidence as proof of nothing
fubbyy:
does he even suppose 2 ask me about the money for one minute,did I make any promise to him? Am I owing him?

This whole thing has made it dawn on me that church is a business,money I promised to God na wetin man come dey worry me

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Sad Story Of Infants Going To Hell Fire / Is Love Song Sin Also / Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. (From John 14:24)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.