Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Do You Want To Import A Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Want To Import A Car? (1058 Views)

Why Don't Car Dealers Import Diesel-powered Cars To Nigerians? / Import A Car And Minivan Or Buy Locally - Advice Please / How To Import Cars Into Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want To Import A Car? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
Use these search words on your search field on the popular car sites such as AutoTrader.Com and Craigslist.Com

"One Owner For Sale By Owner"

As part of your due diligence make sure that you also ask if the car has been in any accident. Not all accidents are reported to insurance companies and therefore will not get on the accident report sites like AutoCheck or CarFax.

It is my opinion that most of the problem that folks are having with their "toks" and blaming a particular brand is because they bought a car from auction. Auction houses are filled with rejected vehicles from dealerships that they cannot sell to maintain their reputation.
Re: Do You Want To Import A Car? by chukel(m): 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
I guess u r not in Nigeria. Those sites have banned Nigerian IP addresses. Thanks for the info. Tnks a million
Re: Do You Want To Import A Car? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
chukel:
I guess u r not in Nigeria. Those sites have banned Nigerian IP addresses. Thanks for the info. Tnks a million

Instead of thanking me you should direct you energy to 1) solve the alleged banning and/or 2) find out how your mates are getting it done legally.

Again, Nigeria is not a country on Mars, stop making it sound as if it's a unique place. I surfed all those sites when I was in Nigeria in September 2014.
Re: Do You Want To Import A Car? by Marpol: 9:21am On Oct 29, 2014
@Cityng, I have looked at the cars available for sale and am looking forward to doing business with you soonest.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Import A Car? by Homguy(m): 11:55am On Oct 29, 2014
I came across your other thread on a 1999 Beemer hatchback, that was a nice deal. I really do want to import a vehicle, seen some great deals on craigslist and eBay, but on calculating total cost including shipping, administrative charges,custom clearance, handling costs...it got quite expensive relative to getting same vehicle ni Nigeria. Being a grayhead about these stuffs, any idea how one can reduce cost of landing these great deals in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Import A Car? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
Marpol:
@Cityng, I have looked at the cars available for sale and am looking forward to doing business with you soonest.

Looking forward to it.

Not all Nigerians can afford a 2015 Rover Sport or Lexus LX/LS, I fill in the gap in trying to bring decent cars to the average Nigerian, especially the autoists who appreciates vehicles that are off the beaten path and are automotive icons.

But of course if somebody wants a 2015 Bentley I can source that too grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Import A Car? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2014
Homguy:
I came across your other thread on a 1999 Beemer hatchback, that was a nice deal. I really do want to import a vehicle, seen some great deals on craigslist and eBay, but on calculating total cost including shipping, administrative charges,custom clearance, handling costs...it got quite expensive relative to getting same vehicle ni Nigeria. Being a grayhead about these stuffs, any idea how one can reduce cost of landing these great deals in Nigeria?

Yes shipping, clearing, etc are the bane of importing and there's noway around it. Some clients have lowered the cost by shipping four cars together with friends, that way you get a whole container to yourselves which will save you some money. Some have been able to get the cars in as parts car, etc but that depends on the voracity of you clearing agent.

There are great deals to be had as the American economy is bouncing back and people are buying new and more efficient cars now. The trickle effect down effect is the used car market having low priced vehicles.

Good luck in your search.

(1) (Reply)

Were Can I Buy Direct Belgium Power Bike In Nigeria? / Toyota Sienna 2005 Transmission (13 Pin) / The Nigeria Police And Their New Style Of Exploiting New Car Owners.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.