Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation (47291 Views)

Defection: PDP Loses Suit Against Amaechi,Kwankwaso,Others / Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by IgrigiAPC: 8:55am On Oct 29, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
cheesy grin...they should first impeach Mimiko!! Typical of them...'A dog in a manger'..

Mimiko's case is different, he decamped to PDP and took with him majority members of Ondo parliament (they the ones who can to impeach him). Mimiko is PDP, Ondo HOA is MAJORITY PDP. The Majority are in charge there as obtainable in every sane democracy.

Case Tambuwal:- Tambuwal defected to a minority party APC, a minority can not preside over Majority PDP. He should step down and become an ordinary floor member as a MINORITY that he is. Else he will be asking for anarchy.We know he tried to buy himself time by adjorning till Dec.4 but in principle he ceased to Speaker before making that adjornment( he became a minority immediately after his annoucement of defection) so the garvel he struck is null, void and without authority. The house will resume proceedings before Dec.4 with a new speaker in charge. Mark it.

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by akinnux(m): 9:00am On Oct 29, 2014
I think the PDP should just head to the court instead of heating up the polity by calling for the Speaker resignation.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Reptyle(m): 9:26am On Oct 29, 2014
The PDP is between the rock and a hard place on this matter. It is an absolute catch 22 situation.

It will take a lot of political maneuvering to force Tambuwal out of that position and even for the almighty PDP, that is a very daunting task to accomplish between now and the end of this current political dispensation.

What is worse is that unlike how Obasanjo rendered Atiku redundant during their dispensation, the position of Speaker of the House of Reps cannot be so treated.

Short of killing the man, I think the PDP is going to have to eat the humble pie of defeat on this one.

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Egonec(m): 10:14am On Oct 29, 2014
awoononi:
Tambuwal doesn't need to resign, there is no law which states that the Speaker of the House of Representatives must come from the majority party in the house. Nigeria doesn't operate a parliamentary system.

You're correct bro...the constitutions doesn't specify that the speaker must be from the majority party.

Those of u hu say a simple majority can remove him as speaker, u're wrong. A 2/3 majority vote is required to remove him as speaker.

Take a look at these sections of the 1999 constitution-
1. sect. 68 (1) g
2. Sect. 50 (1) b
3. Sect. 50 (2) c

I believe Tambuwal took all these into consideration b4 he took d risk to defect to APC while his tenure hadn't ended.

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by jamace(m): 11:04am On Oct 29, 2014
Is Tambuwal still holding onto the seat? PDP reps should democrazy him ASAP. angry
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by shamson: 11:23am On Oct 29, 2014
eye4eye:
You have to be stupid to think any Hausa will be willing to impeach one their own. You also have to be dumb to think Tambuwal doesn't have the number in his pocket before switching his party. Action in futility is what PDP is trying to do.
this is where God is and what majority says
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Demdem(m): 11:24am On Oct 29, 2014
To hell with metuh.
Tambuwal became speaker against the wishes of his party who wanted a yoruba woman. Likewise he will remain on that seat as against the wishes of the killer party.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by millionaireman: 11:38am On Oct 29, 2014
akpanbaba:
What baffles me is that even when Nigerians know the truth they will still say something to defend a wrong thing.Tambuwal knows he can never be right by still claiming to be the speaker of HOREPS after defection
One thing, these set of Nigerians that daily moan and complain on NL about Nigeria's corruption, they are the same set that shall tomorrow cast their votes for zero-trustworthy, unprincipled and power hungry politicians.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by ceejayluv(m): 11:39am On Oct 29, 2014
julietmatins:
WOS[WACO EXODUSCO STADIO] IN CONNECTIONS WITH MTN PROJECT FLAME [season 8]
PRESENT;16th audition of MTN PROJECT FLAME is out,for all the upcoming ARTIST,DANCERS AND COMEDIANS to show the world your talents and creativity,this program is heading-on 10/1/2015.many prices are going to be won such as
10 MILLION NAIRA CASH.
BROWN NEW TOYOTA CAR.
LAPTOP.
BACK BERRY.
IPAD PHONES.
LG FLAT SCREEN.ETC
this activities is taking place at the following places
NIGERIA
SOUTH AFRICA
ALL contestant are expected to get your FORMS form any part of the word,or visit[mtnprojectflame@gmail.co m]or call +234863140585 for more info;
Put a "LOL" at the end of the post to show that you're joking at least...
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by philips70(m): 11:55am On Oct 29, 2014
MissMeiya:

Are you new to Nairaland?

Don't have to be old to know that dude is purposely being stupid. They are many around. Most of these guys earn their pay by posts on social media
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 29, 2014
philips70:

Don't have to be old to know that dude is purposely being stupid. They are many around. Most of these guys earn their pay by posts on social media

I envy your optimism.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2014
Evathyst:
Uhn? D education sector under our 'amiable' shoeless president. grin
lol, forgot to tell you that you have a mail tongue
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Evathyst(f): 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2014
barcanista:
lol, forgot to tell you that you have a mail tongue
I saw it Bro! was just feeling 2lazy to check cos my e-mail dem dey plenty die. wink
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
Evathyst:
I saw it Bro! was just feeling 2lazy to check cos my e-mail dem dey plenty die. wink
I understand. Oya just send a direct PM since ur email de fear yu
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2014
Evathyst:
received
Replied again...
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by naijaking1: 5:13pm On Oct 29, 2014
millionaireman:
Even if Tambuwal is not impeachable due to numbers, how can he have the courage to carry on as Speaker? Are we in a strange land with strange democracy? Does he need anybody to tell him to step down as Speaker, if not for anything, for the interest of peace and for posterity?

Interest of peace and posterity don't work when you have a born to rule mentality. Remember a guy in CBN who refused to resign after loosing the confidence of the president? He is of the same cut as Tambuwal.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Olaolufred(m): 5:30pm On Oct 29, 2014
millionaireman:
Even if Tambuwal is not impeachable due to numbers, how can he have the courage to carry on as Speaker? Are we in a strange land with strange democracy? Does he need anybody to tell him to step down as Speaker, if not for anything, for the interest of peace and for posterity?

THE SAME PROCESS OF ELECTION THAT BROUGHT HIM TO THE SEAT OF SPEAKER IS ALL THAT IS REQUIRED TO GET HIM OUT.
OUTSIDE THAT, YOU AND PDP CAN KEEP GROANING IN PAIN.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Kanwulia: 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2014
edgyslim:
PDP and petty politics. I only pray God gives their minions on this forum the fortitude to bear the loss.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

This is IT!
I don't have to read past page 1.
I don belle-full with this post ooooooooooo. . . . CHAI!!!!
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by edgyslim: 7:23pm On Oct 29, 2014
Kanwulia:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

This is IT!
I don't have to read past page 1.
I don belle-full with this post ooooooooooo. . . . CHAI!!!!

Bro na so o. These pdp guys on this forum are all a bunch of jokers. I dont blame them though. 90percent of them have never been to other countries to see what a functional govt does for her citizens. They base their assessment of a govt's performance on ethnicity and religion instead of holding them accountable.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Kanwulia: 7:27pm On Oct 29, 2014
edgyslim:

Bro na so o. These pdp guys on this forum are all a bunch of jokers. I dont blame them though. 90percent of them have never been to other countries to see what a functional govt does for her citizens. They base their assessment of a govt's performance on ethnicity and religion instead of holding them accountable.

GBAM! grin

But then again Nigeria is a DYSFUNCTIONAL society of socio-economic THUGS IN POLITICS!
Looks like APC HAS MORE EDUCATED AND LITERATE members!
That PDP is full of political harlots who can't count their money even after being SCREWED from dusk till dawn without "recess"! cheesy
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by edgyslim: 7:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
onatisi:
is this what you have to say?no wonder nigeria have the kind of leaders they have now

Bros the reason I don't argue with people like you is, you cannot have a constructive argument. You read a post and saw only what u wanted to see.

What has the advise am giving to u have to do with the kind of leaders in Nigeria.

U support mediocrity blindly and expect other people to follow suit.

Abeg stop spamming my mentions or my next comments u may not like.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by LawFight(m): 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
Theif,people devil party(PDP)they should have said mimiko Gov of ondo state to resign after he decamp from Lp to PDP.politics a bad game
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Petrillonair(m): 7:45am On Oct 31, 2014
Someone said this impeachment is imminent in the thread about his defection.
One party is getting paranoid, the other is waxing stronger by the day. I believe you know where I'm going with this?
2015 will be interesting.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Mynd44:

Now you get the game
Hey Mynd44, how are you doing, how is ur cold? Where have you been since October 29? I hope all is great. Looking forward to your post.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Mynd44: 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
Obiagelli:

Hey Mynd44, how are you doing, how is ur cold? Where have you been since October 29? I hope all is great. Looking forward to your post.
I am fine. Cold went away soon as I shed my weight.

thanks anyway
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
Mynd44:

I am fine. Cold went away soon as I shed my weight.

thanks anyway
Great. Welcome back bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ateke Tom's Daughter Weds In Okirika, Rivers State..photos / Error By Hon. Ibrahim Umar In Yobe State / Suffering In The East Is On Another Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.