Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation (47287 Views)

Defection: PDP Loses Suit Against Amaechi,Kwankwaso,Others / Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by anonimi: 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
edgyslim:
PDP and petty politics. I only pray God gives their minions on this forum the fortitude to bear the loss.

This is not about 'petty politics' it is about doing what is not only honourable but LAWFUL.

Perhaps you know an assembly of lawmakers where someone from a minority party is Speaker. Hope you won't mind sharing such information with us

We black people need to learn to behave like civilised folks who make rules and follow them even when TEMPORARILY inconvenient instead of doing JUNGLE justice at will as if we are yet to evolve & distinguish ourselves from our primate ancestors shocked

4 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
Let's see how the drama unfolds. Only time will tell
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by BarryX(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
Tambuwal automatically becomes a saint because he defected

Politics in Nigeria is annoying to say the least!!

Just observing how the scenario will play itself out in the coming future

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by skyface00(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
smiley sick LEADERZ

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by momo22: 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
malele:
He has to resign , u can't deflect from a party that gave u power and still retain power.
Has Mimiko resigned?

7 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by idumuose(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
Alright sir.

barcanista:
You goofed sir...

Under Section 50(2)(c) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), the President of the Senate or the Speaker can be removed from office if supported by the votes of “two-thirds” of all the members.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
anonimi:

This is not about 'petty politics' it is about doing what is not only honourable but LAWFUL.

Perhaps you know an assembly of lawmakers where someone from a minority party is Speaker. Hope you won't mind sharing such information with us

We black people need to learn to behave like civilised folks who make rules and follow them even when TEMPORARILY inconvenient instead of doing JUNGLE justice at will as of we are yet to evolve & distinguish ourselves from our primate ancestors shocked
What is lawful? Did the Law Specify that Majority Party produce the Speaker?

8 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
idumuose:
Alright sir.

Welcome brother.

I no be Sir abeg
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by PassingShot(m): 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
PStacks:
The thing dey pepper them..

cheesy
I dey laafu ooo. grin

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by thaoriginator: 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
PDP tongue

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by IYANGBALI: 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
PDP has not seen anything yet,the senate president,the president,the vice president and the pdp chairman will in a couple of weeks all defect to APC grin

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
Some people sha. You want to have your cake and eat it, too! Who does that? If this man had any honour, he would have announced his resignation as Speaker in the same breath that he announced his defection to the APC.

This is time for ruthless politics. He MUST be removed as Speaker at all costs and BY ANY MEANS. I trust my capable hawks to make that happen within a fortnight. Let's show this rat who's boss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Mynd44: 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2014
idumuose:

Okay!!!!!
Now you get the game
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
redcliff:

No word
i dont suppose i quoted u or made mention of that mugshot excon moniker u got,do i? If ur brainsso dead it gat nothn'reasonable2process n churn out,do da needful:pull off da goddamm plug n keep shut..
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by GuyFawkes: 7:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
idumuose:

Kai! You goofed.two third needed to remove a speaker? Do not dabble into what you don't know.
A simple majority will remove the speaker except some house members from PDP will decamp later.

SMH cry cry cry
And you passed through school or school passed through you

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Blitz888(m): 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
This is really getting interesting... Cross-carpeting has always been a recurrent decimal in our legislative arm. PDP should adjust to reality and stop this pointless whinnying.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
GETTING INTERESTING....
GAME OF THRONES....!!!!!!
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by lakpalakpa: 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
pro01:
Some people sha. You want to have your cake and eat it, too! Who does that? If this man had any honour, he would have announced his resignation as Speaker in the same breath that he announced his defection to the APC.

This is time for ruthless politics. He MUST be removed as Speaker at all costs and BY ANY MEANS. I trust my capable hawks to make that happen within a fortnight. Let's show this rat who's boss.

What about Mimiko??

Did you type this sort of epistle when he decamped??

Your hypocrisy don wear bra and G-String..

grin

9 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Evathyst(f): 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
waternogetenemy:
There is no need to place too much emphasises on a gone case. Tambuwal was a nobody before GEJ appointed him speaker of House of Rep, today Tambuwal has returned back to obscurity.

The honourable thing to do Tambuwal as done in any civilised country or model democracy such as the US and UK, is to resign ur post as speaker first and then defect to the opposition.

We have examples of American Congressman and UK MPs that have done so. Defecting is not the problem but resignation? Oh well, prepare for impeachment.

Mods, I know nairaland is an APC site alongside sahara reporters but stop hiding comments that criticise APC.
I guess it's ur ignorance dt shld be hidden cheesy

4 ur information Sir, Jonathan never appointed or even nominated Tambuwal. It was Hon Mulikat Adegbola(from Oyo State) one of his concubines dt he nominated nd d Progressives led by our indefatigable Asiwaju rejected her. Instead, d APC pitched thr tent with Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal.

All of u dt criticised APC's decision den, can u now see d result? Av alwz told all doz PDP clown, politics is a game of strategy. Nd lyk war, it's only d end dt justifies d means. So Sir, go enrol urself @ d nearest APC accredited tutorial centre for political re-orientation. grin

13 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by ebi2(m): 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
cheesy Tambuwal, just resign from ur Position. U no suppose cross over with am. Whether constitution, two third or whatever say u must drop am, resign ur post as any normal person suppose do. Nah e be for other civilized countries. Drop am b4 u go ur APC abi nah phensic.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
shocked shocked mods o, lwkmd. They removed the posts by space bookers. Is it not their rights to book spaces again? It can pain sha. Thank God I used my space before they cleared it like plot of land. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by IYANGBALI: 7:03pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
You goofed sir...

Under Section 50(2)(c) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), the President of the Senate or the Speaker can be removed from office if supported by the votes of “two-thirds” of all the members.
while Mathew chapter John verse Exodus says "touch not my anointed"
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by GuyFawkes: 7:03pm On Oct 28, 2014
waternogetenemy:
There is no need to place too much emphasises on a gone case. Tambuwal was a nobody before GEJ appointed him speaker of House of Rep, today Tambuwal has returned back to obscurity.

The honourable thing to do Tambuwal as done in any civilised country or model democracy such as the US and UK, is to resign ur post as speaker first and then defect to the opposition.

We have examples of American Congressman and UK MPs that have done so. Defecting is not the problem but resignation? Oh well, prepare for impeachment.

Mods, I know nairaland is an APC site alongside sahara reporters but stop hiding comments that criticise APC.

Seriously GEJ appointed Tambuwal as speaker of the house of reps?
Or you mean when GEJ was a nobody and OBJ picked him as Yar'adua's running mate.

6 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 28, 2014
IYANGBALI:
while Mathew chapter John verse Exodus says "touch not my anointed"
"...and do IYANGBALI no harm"
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Chigold101(m): 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
silverprince413:
Welcome to nigeria

Where PDP will never allow a person who leaves the party to another, to retain its position
is it PDP or the constitution? I think we should know when to draw our tongue lashing lines. The law was not made with anybody in mind. However, if Tambuwal is a leader, then he should resign as a sign of being a good leader.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by rigarmortis: 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
This is not rocket science, if your party is in the minority you cant be the speaker, so he should behave like a good ''progressive'' and step down.

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by SULBELL(m): 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
malele:
He has to resign , u can't deflect from a party that gave u power and still retain power.

check ur record, the honourable speaker was not elected on the platform of pdp he actually deflected to pdp and moreso, pdp did not sponsor his speakership position.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
waternogetenemy:

See these children that don't know anything about politics.

GEJ appointed Tambuwal Speaker?

Tambuwal was a nobody before becoming speaker? Someone that has been a ranking member of HOR since 2005?

7 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by mamatino99: 7:06pm On Oct 28, 2014
What a calamity inside Nigerian politics,well I think if one is tiered of a party..he/she can Chang to the other,the only problem is if your doing it with clear motive.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by waternogetenemy: 7:06pm On Oct 28, 2014
Evathyst(f): 7:02pm

I guess it's ur ignorance dt shld be hidden cheesy

4 ur information Sir, Jonathan never appointed or even nominated Tambuwal. It was Hon Mulikat Adegbola(from Oyo State) one of his concubines dt he nominated nd d Progressives led by our indefatigable Asiwaju rejected her. Instead, d APC pitched thr tent with Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal.

All of u dt criticised APC's decision den, can u now see d result? Av alwz told all doz PDP clown, politics is a game of strategy. Nd lyk war, it's only d end dt justifies d means. So Sir, go enrol urself @ d nearest APC accredited tutorial centre for political re-orientation.

Jarus:

See these children that don't know anything about politics.
GEJ appointed Tambuwal Speaker?
Tambuwal was a nobody before becoming speaker? Someone that has been a ranking member of HOA since 1999?

GuyFawkes: 7:03pm

Seriously GEJ appointed Tambuwal as speaker of the house of reps?
Or you mean when GEJ was a nobody and OBJ picked him as Yar'adua's running mate.

Shut up! All appointment are subject to approval by the President.

4 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by abdulabbakar(m): 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
malele:

O boy u no know book...Kwankwaso came in2 power through PDP...What happens after his defection
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
waternogetenemy:

Bros must you comment? Stop embarrassing yourself on a public forum.
Very soon you will say that PEJ appointed Fashola as Governor.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Used US Bank Account To Remove Tattoo Of Ex-wife, Doctor Confirms SR / Hilarious Tweet By Ben Murray-bruce & People Can't Stop Talking About It / Governor Joy Ezechikamnayo Visits School, Intellectual Giant Christian Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.