Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation (47275 Views)

Defection: PDP Loses Suit Against Amaechi,Kwankwaso,Others / Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Dmano: 11:45pm On Oct 28, 2014
I know he will do d needful b4 they resume sitting,otherwise how can u tell me he will preside over pdp with a minority card in his hand,why do we have minority weep in d house
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 28, 2014
philips70:

Obviously he is. He can't be that daft.

Are you new to Nairaland?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by myselfonly: 11:50pm On Oct 28, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by sokera: 12:02am On Oct 29, 2014
Mynd44:

As at the last count, it is
PDP 205
APC 151
Accord 3
LP 1

Really a game of numbers
this is very interesting , we all know Labour Party is indirectly PDP , now LP number, even pls Accord number can't help PDP... Mr speaker your head is there ...gbam
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by sokera: 12:21am On Oct 29, 2014
kasiem:
The PDP has shown its maturity in the way it handles controversial issues unlike the rascally way the major opposition we have in the country does their. When there was a minor controversy arose in the river state house of assembly we saw how they handled issue resorting to attempted murder because they thought being in the majority is an avenue to be rascally to the level they want and just recently we are witnessing the persecution the members of the PDP are suffering in the hands of APC controlled house but a recent event which would've given PDP the opportunity and power of paying back just came up and the PDP without making any major news out of it has decided to plead with tambuwal to do the needful which shows a strong sense of maturity on their part. But it's funny how tambuwal would want to eat his cake and have it, he left the party that made him what he is and still want to enjoy the fruits of that party. Without being reminded does he think that he would be renounce PDP without making any sacrifice for the atonement? Right from the word go, this man called tambuwal has been fighting gej because the man is not from the north and he thinks that the best thing to do is to jeopardise our collective interest with the way he tries frustrating gov't policies with his legislative powers. The Apc are now rejoicing that they've gained with his defection to their party without truly know that a day will come when they leopard will truly show its color. His insubordination is their gain today but lets watch and see whether he will lose this antecedent in APC.
story teller where were you when mimiko defected to PDP from LP? Don't take it too personal.

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by gerald09(m): 12:24am On Oct 29, 2014
silverprince413:
Welcome to nigeria

Where PDP will never allow a person who leaves the party to another, to retain its position
why won't dey do dat wen our so called 'political figures' change party the same way dey change wifies. Until they learn to have ethics this kind of politics will continue. We all kn the only reason he switched party is cos he may be offered the Presidential ticket (same'o selfish interest' and they call dem selves MEN (with no honor) even amongst thieves.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by kasiem(m): 12:39am On Oct 29, 2014
sokera:
story teller where were you when mimiko defected to PDP from LP? Don't take it too personal.
show me where PDP has tried intimidating people with their majority in the rascally manner that APC used in rivers and edo, thats the maturity dear.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 29, 2014
mployer:

I actually thought he ought to resign according constitution undecided
If he has a choice to remain, they Can do him nothin

If they don't have the numbers, they will frustrate him into resignation. Remember what happened to etteh.He will never remain as speaker.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 29, 2014
waternogetenemy:

A story for the gods... Tambuwal in a couple of hours will cease to be the speaker.

Did OBJ not sack Atiku from Vice President?

U people are learning politics...

You are actually a political neophyte.

1. PDP does not have the votes to remove Tambuwal. Infact, for PDP to remove him, it needs the help of APC and for APC to remove him, it needs the help of PDP. Tambuwal's position is more secured than anything.

2.Being a smart politician, he adjourned the house for almost a month. That means this political noise will have died down by the time the house reconvenes. My attitude is after a week of deliberations in December, the house will adjourn for the year and to allow members participate in primary elections. In addition, there will be more defections and counter-defections as we approach 2015 and as members fight to secure return ticket to the House.

3. How did OBJ sack Atiku? Atiku served his term as Vice president until May 29, 2007. A better argument would be: OBJ rendered his office redundant. However, the office of a speaker can't be rendered redundant; and no important legislative agenda can be pushed without getting the speaker on board. Just the same way David Mark refused to announce Saraki's (and some senators) defection to APC, the speaker can equally sit on any bill coming from the executive. This scenario is obviously different from what's obtainable in case of a vice president whose input is not needed to actualize anything.

4 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by hardebounty(m): 1:29am On Oct 29, 2014
fitzmayowa:
There is no need to start singing the impeachment song, if his new party is the minority in the house...he should do the needful and step down as the speaker...for the majority party in the house to take over leadership...

So is that what d constitution says??

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by hardebounty(m): 1:29am On Oct 29, 2014
fitzmayowa:
There is no need to start singing the impeachment song, if his new party is the minority in the house...he should do the needful and step down as the speaker...for the majority party in the house to take over leadership...

So is that what d constitution says??
That is majority shld provide d speaker..
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by millionaireman: 1:41am On Oct 29, 2014
Even if Tambuwal is not impeachable due to numbers, how can he have the courage to carry on as Speaker? Are we in a strange land with strange democracy? Does he need anybody to tell him to step down as Speaker, if not for anything, for the interest of peace and for posterity?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by ziccoit: 2:04am On Oct 29, 2014
ProfCorruption:

You are actually a political neophyte.

1. PDP does not have the votes to remove Tambuwal. Infact, for PDP to remove him, it needs the help of APC and for APC to remove him, it needs the help of PDP. Tambuwal's position is more secured than anything.

2.Being a smart politician, he adjourned the house for almost a month. That means this political noise will have die down by the time the house reconvenes. My attitude is after a week of deliberations in December, the house will adjourn for the year and to allow members participate in primary elections. In addition, there will be more defections and counter-defections as we approach 2015 and as members fight to secure return ticket to the House.

3. How did OBJ sack Atiku? Atiku served his term as Vice president until May 29, 2007. A better argument would be: OBJ rendered his office redundant. However, the office of a speaker can't be rendered redundant; and no important legislative agenda can be pushed without getting the speaker on board. Just the same way David Mark refused to announce Saraki's (and some senators) defection to APC, the speaker can equally sit on any bill coming from the executive. This scenario is obviously different from what's obtainable in case of a vice president whose input is not needed to actualize anything.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by ziccoit: 2:07am On Oct 29, 2014
millionaireman:
Even if Tambuwal is not impeachable due to numbers, how can he have the courage to carry on as Speaker? Are we in a strange land with strange democracy? Does he need anybody to tell him to step down as Speaker, if not for anything, for the interest of peace and for posterity?

Do you really know for sure where the loyalty of majority of house members lies?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by santoshkumar143: 3:00am On Oct 29, 2014
It's nice to come on your website. This is really helpful as well as interesting information here. Thanks for sharing this content through your portal. You are truly awesome.

<a href="http://googleonlinehelp.com/" target="_blank">Google Help </a>
<a href="http://googleonlinehelp.com/" target="_blank">Google Online </a>
<a href="http://googleonlinehelp.com/" target="_blank">Google Online Help</a>
<a href="http://googleonlinehelp.com/" target="_blank">Google Products</a>
<a href="http://googleonlinehelp.com/" target="_blank">Google Services</a>
<a href="http://googleonlinehelp.com/" target="_blank">Google Money</a>
<a href="http://googleonlinehelp.com/" target="_blank">Google Tricks</a>
<a href="http://googleonlinehelp.com/" target="_blank">Google News</a>
<a href="http://googleonlinehelp.com/" target="_blank">Google Mail</a>
<a href="http://googleonlinehelp.com/" target="_blank">Google Tools</a>
<a href="http://googleonlinehelp.com/" target="_blank">Google Sites</a>
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by tedd(m): 4:59am On Oct 29, 2014
malele:
He has to resign , u can't deflect from a party that gave u power and still retain power.
Meaning that Gov Mimiko should resign?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by McDoe(m): 5:04am On Oct 29, 2014
There is nothing PDP can do after all the party has been luring, encouraging, promoting, embracing, rejoicing and accepting other parties' members to her fold, and they have never been asked to resign from positions being held. There is freedom of defection in Nigerian politics. My only concern is that when these actions take place, the word 'MORALITY" is always forgotten.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by conyema12(m): 5:09am On Oct 29, 2014
Am sure Tambuwal has weighed his options and the impeachment brawl can drag till next year.

he knows his fellow house will not be in support of his impeachment. The worst that will will happen is unending court case as is the norm in Nigerian politicking. ..

2015 is getting more interesting.

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Pamcrest(f): 6:06am On Oct 29, 2014
Resign ke? A Naija politician? It ain't gonna happen. Where is d precedent? To me pdp=apc.....six and half a dozen, same old same old.
But hey I'm just an innocent observer, intently watching all these pre-election drama
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by dharn10(m): 6:12am On Oct 29, 2014
malele:
He has to resign , u can't deflect from a party that gave u power and still retain power.
young man, the pple gave him power not a party. the party just present him for u and I to vote to vote him in.

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Chigold101(m): 6:30am On Oct 29, 2014
MrKevinBig:
go back and check the law from where U got Urs from them go don 'correct' am by now. Guy there's no such law near our constitution nor the sstanding rules governing the house. The only criteria for been a speaker is Membership of the Reps gbam!!!
and when u defect from the party that elected you into another party when the former is not having intra-party problem, our electoral law doesnt have anything to say about it? I think you are the one that really need toknow what laws our land says. Funny u
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Badmushazan: 7:55am On Oct 29, 2014
malele:
Big lie bro, what happen to MIMIKO, fatah ahmmed, ameachi?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by IgrigiAPC: 8:35am On Oct 29, 2014
fitzmayowa:

Thank you Sir.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by akpanbaba: 8:45am On Oct 29, 2014
What baffles me is that even when Nigerians know the truth they will still say something to defend a wrong thing.Tambuwal knows he can never be right by still claiming to be the speaker of HOREPS after defection

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by elohorayodele: 8:48am On Oct 29, 2014
Una get time to argue oh. Make polithiefians continue to de do wetin dem sabi (lie, scheme, decamp n steal). Nothing concern me and them. Na me de provide my own light,water,security n my street na we fill am. Na private sch my kids de go n private hosp I de use cos na dem sure pass. Wetin govt de do for us sef?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by 7lives: 8:48am On Oct 29, 2014
I said the thread is about Tambuwal and not Mimiko, this statement was a bait. I was shocked to see some likes on that statement, by their fruits we shall know them.
What is good for goose is equally good for the gander, if Tambuwal must resign, Mimiko should also be compelled to do the same. We are in a democracy not some monarchical system or a fascist state. Those clicking likes should be ashamed of themselves.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Ebukaokeke5: 8:50am On Oct 29, 2014
Hahaha! Fallen PDP playing their blind game.For their information,they need 2/3 of the house members to impeach the most honourable gentleman.That u don't have @ d moment.As a matter of fact more house members would defect 2 wit him 2 APC.So u aint got no fightn point PDP.You can't even ask him 2 resign without a constitutional point.Moreover whom Yahweh supports his enemies get terminated.so you see how daft ur effort is on this.Ride on honourable Tambuwal n get us more reps b4 d 2015 elections, Yahweh is wit u,if them try against u, dey go die.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by loppy87: 8:53am On Oct 29, 2014
In essence, Mimiko has to resign as Governor of Ondo State since he defected from LP to PDP. The rule should apply across all levels.
malele:
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 29, 2014
Trust me, when it's time to leave; Tambuwal will leave without much hassle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Borno Residents Flee As Soldiers And Boko Haram Engage In Gun Battle. Photos / Fulani Herdsmen Flood Street Of Kaduna With Cows Despite Curfew(photos) / Mercy Johnson Excited About Pastor Adeboye's Decison On Buhari/Osinbanjo Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.