Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Share Your Memories With The Dial Up Phone. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Memories With The Dial Up Phone. (1473 Views)

Sweet Memories Of The Past ( Photo ) / Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood / Childhood Memories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Memories With The Dial Up Phone. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 28, 2014
I'm sure over 70 percent of Nairalanders never used the dial up phone. That's the type of phone commonly used in the 80's before the GSM revolution thanks to OBJ.
I remember vividly that i would look up the phone book which is actually a very big book and search the last name of my classmate who i was crushing on. Then i would make a prank call to their home. That was really freaky and i was only about 7 or 8 years old then. grin
Some parents would actually use a lock on the the Zero dial while some would totally unplug the cable when they're out.

Kindly share your fun memories.

Re: Share Your Memories With The Dial Up Phone. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
Apparently most Nairalanders were not yet born at the time. cool
Re: Share Your Memories With The Dial Up Phone. by dominique(f): 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
I love that phone, i won't mind having that kind of antique in my home. My grandpa had one in his house, he always locked it whenever we grandkids were around but we still try our luck sha.There was a time we went there and he was not around to lock the keys, NTA go know say someone unleashed kids on them that day grin. We just dey call their numbers (when we no sabi any other one). The minute someone picks the call we bang the phone and tried their other numbers. Sooo much fun till one of our uncles sent us away.
Re: Share Your Memories With The Dial Up Phone. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
dominique:
I love that phone, i won't mind having that kind of antique in my home. My grandpa had one in his house, he always locked it whenever we grandkids were around but we still try our luck sha.There was a time we went there and he was not around to lock the keys, NTA go know say someone unleashed kids on them that day grin. We just dey call their numbers (when we no sabi any other one). The minute someone picks the call we bang the phone and tried their other numbers. Sooo much fun till one of our uncles sent us away.
lol!
I remember my older ones used to call the local radio station too. They were trying to form a band i guess. grin
Re: Share Your Memories With The Dial Up Phone. by mutter(f): 2:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
I would love to have one of these now. I am sure they would sell for qute some money in Europe.
My dad locked it at times with a padlock, bt we knew the way around.
Tap once for1, ten times for 0,
You had to leave an interval between each number. Quite easy when you knew how.
Re: Share Your Memories With The Dial Up Phone. by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 28, 2014
Yeah! @Mutter I also remember that dialing trick.

(1) (Reply)

Regular Sex Can Make You Look 7 Years Younger, Scientist Says / The Kids Av Been Found... Thank God / Types Of Husband Cheaters and solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.