Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,225 members, 7,780,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:04 PM

15 Ways That Confirm A Typical Nigerian - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 15 Ways That Confirm A Typical Nigerian (455 Views)

Seun Kuti Posts Oshiomhole's N17m Trip To Miami On Twitter To Confirm Or Deny / 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian / 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

15 Ways That Confirm A Typical Nigerian by cotonou9ja: 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2014

Having the Nigerian green passport alone does not make you a Nigerian,there are other things
that add up to it.We Nigerian have very peculiar stuffs in common irrespective of our diverse culture and differences in religion. Here are 15 things that shows you’re a typical Nigerian:

1.You Shout Up NEPA.
Power is still a big problem in Nigeria,if you’ve lived or still living in Nigeria you know what I am talking about.So you get excited and scream Up Nepa when the electricity comes on?My friend
you’re a Nigeria.

2.You wear Special Outfit for Sundays or Fridays.
We Nigerians are very Religious people and very few of us are Godly,sad truth.We don’t joke with our Religious activities.Most Nigerians reserve the best of the best clothes for Sundays (for the Christians) and Fridays(for the Muslims).In fact offering time in churches are like fashion shows with everyone trying to cat walk and show off their beautiful dresses .

3.You don’t ask people their age and you don’t like to tell people your age.
Except it’s something official we don’t like to tell or ask people their age.We Nigerians see asking someone’s age, especially if the person is older
than you very disrespectful.

4.You’re boisterous and always Speak loud in Public.
Nigerians are very noisy and energetic people,it’s not difficult to identify a Nigerian when you find yourself at International airports .We speak loud
with confidence ,you hear phrases like “Do you know who I am?” “My friend I will get you locked up!”

5.You call people you are not familiar with names like:
Chairman,Oga,Uncle,Aunty,Bros,Sister etc.

6.You have two Phones to yourself alone.
Most Nigerians living in Nigeria own two phones ,not just to show off but because of the unstable poweer and mobile network services ,you can’t just rely on one network or phone.If mtn doesn’t have network you quickly
pick up your etisalat sim card.

7.You’re materialistic and like to flaunt your
wealth at the slightest opportunity given. The Rich Nigerians are really really rich.We buy things we don’t need just solely to fit in with everyone else. Your Facebook updates are things
like “lekkibeach chilling”,”Dubai things”,”Money on mind”then just know you’re a Typical Nigerian etc

8.You’re always extremely security conscious and watchful.
A Typical Nigerian person is always watching for safety.He doesn’t trust anyone around him,everyone is a suspect.He doesn’t keep his phone carelessly ‘cos he knows someone is
waiting for such opportunity to steal it.I once traveled somewhere abroad, and the guy who came for me at the airport was telling me how unsafe the place was and why I should keep my
belongings safe,I just looked at him and smiled ,wish he knew how security conscious we Nigerians are by default.

9.You have relatives that you can’t even explain in simple terms how they are related to you.
I hear things like,Hmm Mayo here is my relative Kemi ,she is my Fathers brother’s wife cousin’s friend’s Husband.I am like WTH!!

10.You always like to cook Jollof Rice when you have Big Occasions

11.You use very often phrases like :
Eh wo,Ehen, Chineke, Che, Ah-Ah, Yepa! God forbid , by God’s Grace,Nawa o!Wetin sef!No worry ,Go joor! etc

12.You know what chin chin, puff puff, or moi moi are

13.You’ve never or rarely visit the dentist because you don’t see any reason for that and consider it waste of money.
Nigerians only visit a dentist office when there is no other remedy. Visiting a dentist for normal check-up is not an everyday thing in Nigeria.

14.You like to add “O” to a lot of your talk. e.g Na wa o,Leave me o,O boy!,Na Now o!

15.You read all the above 14 signs and smiled in between
Proudly a Nigerian,are you?

always visit www.COTONOU9JA.com

ADD C.E.O SPICE ON BBM - 22F8A13A
Re: 15 Ways That Confirm A Typical Nigerian by acenazt: 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
Lol number 4 so funny. Look here boy do you know who I am?? I will get you lucked up

(1) (Reply)

What Is Fiverr (fiverr.com) All About? / Breaking News. Military helicopter on surveillance crashes in Adamawa / Is Free Predict Gamble?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.