Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate (17482 Views)

Nigerian Military, Police, Others Can’t Find Tompolo – EFCC / Osun’s Federal Allocation Can’t Pay Electricity Bill – Aregbesola / Suicide Bombs: Muslims Kick As Army, Police Frisk Women In Hijab, Burka - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by buzor(m): 6:28am On Oct 29, 2014
INSTINCTS:
hahahaha this administration does not cease to amaze me.
what is dis one saying.

@topic nics move. Everyone should pay their bills whether army, police or boys scout

1 Like

Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by J0nyb0y(m): 6:29am On Oct 29, 2014
Good move
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 29, 2014
This's a welcome development
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by Gentlemimi2: 6:30am On Oct 29, 2014
Yes oo. They should pay up. Even in public transport sef.
Unfortunately, police fit transfer aggression on public transporters. Police tax money go increase wella.... bail money go be times ten.
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by MacluvPH(m): 6:32am On Oct 29, 2014
Once your colleague in the electricity company mandate you to go and disconnect the army barracks light cos they vnt paid,they should remember to attach as follows in their pickup vehicle, a coffin,first aid box,gallon of water and bucket,new cloths and also to ve an idea of the shortest route to the mortuary or hospital from the baracks. Safe working day for the Nepa people the Day they will go for their nepa bills at the barrack.

1 Like

Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by Mopiket(m): 6:37am On Oct 29, 2014
omenka:
Where is the electricity to be paid for
abi o. u will not get constant electricity n bill of N5K per month given to u.
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by born2boink(m): 6:46am On Oct 29, 2014
They should not let them pay, Civilians go suffer for raiding and bail fees. Walahi, my people go suffer because police man will never use his money pay, dem go kukuma recruit dem selves for special end of month raiding bills
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by Deiok(m): 6:46am On Oct 29, 2014
Nice idea,, but I think Olugbenga Obadara, should take charge of the disconnection aspect.
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by bastien: 6:48am On Oct 29, 2014
I be think say dem dey remove am for der salary, but it can't be possible cus they are the ones doing the nepa duties in the barracks, by the way, they deserve free electricity supply.
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by zigger(m): 6:49am On Oct 29, 2014
This is Nigeria. So army n police have been owing 'HUGE DEPTS' to electricity companies yet no one can comfront them abt it. This shIt does nt happen in the west
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by GoodluckJonatan: 6:54am On Oct 29, 2014
Blackchampion:
U see ur life....?
WETIN DO UR LIFE

Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by AWONEYAN(m): 7:05am On Oct 29, 2014
Soldiers and police that will not pay common N100 transport fare, claiming to be staff, asking them to pay for estimated electricity bill will be difficult o. The management should rather device an automated method of disconnecting defaulters rather than sending dia poor staff on a sucide mission o
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by Reference(m): 7:08am On Oct 29, 2014
IfyAwazie:
Will that make us have 24hrs power supply?

You will get 24hrs electricity if and when you pay for 24hrs electricity. This article says it clearly. Nigerians, even enforcers of the law are the greatest debtors. We are merely reaping what we continue to sow. Nation of freebie loving reprobates.
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by pembisco(m): 7:14am On Oct 29, 2014
I think military is a licence to do as you please in this country, one general built house in my neiboughhood, this man blocked a major road and included it as part of the house, people reported to the police and land and survey, this general sent hilux truks full of soldiers and battered the police and survey guys sent to stop the workers there, the house has been completed, one has to make 360 degrees to his house when it should just take a minute. they drive anyhow on the road causing accidents, you have simple argument with one without uniform and the next is he's back with his colleagues to beat you up, some drink in a bar without paying, haba

2 Likes

Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by Zuria(f): 7:14am On Oct 29, 2014
It would only work if pre-paid meters are installed in the barracks; meter maintenance fee is fixed as N150 - N200 and they should be exempted from paying VAT. grin grin this would prevent soldiers and NEPA officials clashing.

1 Like

Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by eunisam: 7:14am On Oct 29, 2014
Tekzyflex:
Stupid idiots! I don't blame Nepa; I blame this useless Nigeria government and mumu leaders. How do we expect to get light when we have a vampire government.
absolutely! You are the completly refined and undiluted mumu. Nobody even like you stuupid comment.

1 Like

Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by dandbeat(m): 7:23am On Oct 29, 2014
Good
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by highmood(m): 7:42am On Oct 29, 2014
I am in full support of the police and military paying bills. These government bodies have not been speaking up whenever the people complains except when they leaves office you will then hear thier voices in situations like pension, poor state of the roads, poor local government administration, high tariff etc. With them paying bills, I see them fighting for themselves and the people, I see many organizations becoming serious and taking responsibilities, I see improvement in the power situation as well as their services, moderate tariff and I see the power companies also smiling to the banks.
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by highmood(m): 7:50am On Oct 29, 2014
MacluvPH:
Once your colleague in the electricity company mandate you to go and disconnect the army barracks light cos they vnt paid,they should remember to attach as follows in their pickup vehicle, a coffin,first aid box,gallon of water and bucket,new cloths and also to ve an idea of the shortest route to the mortuary or hospital from the baracks. Safe working day for the Nepa people the Day they will go for their nepa bills at the barrack.
hahahahaha. Funny guy!

1 Like

Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by highmood(m): 7:59am On Oct 29, 2014
Zuria:
It would only work if pre-paid meters are installed in the barracks; meter maintenance fee is fixed as N150 - N200 and they should be exempted from paying VAT. grin grin this would prevent soldiers and NEPA officials clashing.
my dear, people demands for pre-paid meters, it has been observed that even some so called "big men" bypass thier connection because they don't want to pay what they used. Some people in face-me-I-face you in combination consumes electricity more than some so called flats and apartments yet they pay very meager and still complain that the bill is much. Pre-paid meter is more costly than postpaid because you will still pay the fixed charge, u hardly use a hot-plate, AC, electric iron, bulb, electric kettle etc. So what is the need.
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 29, 2014
chaloner:
LOL EVEN WE WEY B CIVIL PPLE DEY GIV NEPA RUN TALK OF SOLDIERS
lol grin grin
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by AhmedB: 8:03am On Oct 29, 2014
highly indebted customers, such as the army and the police to
pay their bills.[color=#000099][/color]

Going by the above statement, didn't look like the military and the police were not paying for electricity, just that they have accumulated huge bill. Electricity bill is always deducted from source on monthly basis before the payment of their salary.
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by mogboyelade(f): 8:10am On Oct 29, 2014
Na prepaid go fit dem.
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by mrofficial(m): 8:23am On Oct 29, 2014

1 Like

Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by yaqub07: 8:39am On Oct 29, 2014
Chai na only you go waka go collect the beaten for barrack Nepa.deis God wo
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by slybe: 9:05am On Oct 29, 2014
I know that they deduct it from their salary. Both housing and electricity bill except their bosses no dey drop the money give NEPA
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by lordnammy(m): 9:08am On Oct 29, 2014
This is a good development, if they dont pay bill hw do they expect the coys to generate xmit and distribute to them. They would also avoid recharging their phone, paying for fuel and even better loot market for their food. Rubbish
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by veraiyke(m): 9:18am On Oct 29, 2014
Who go pay the bill? No b still FG n SG? Are they just seeking anoda way to xtort countries' money in d name of paying bill? The problem of Nigeria as late Chinua Achebe said still remains LEADERSHIP n I add CORRUPTION. We need a servant-leader.
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by location(m): 9:58am On Oct 29, 2014
A young graduate Michael Abimbola said he needed N2 million naira to Start his life, he gave out his account details for anyone who may like to support or help his life dream: First Bank account No: 2014945171
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by ocholawealth(m): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2014
Privatisation in Nigeria is but an avenue for top government officials to strip the masses access to public goods and acquire it for their selfish gain. The administration has let rational Nigerians down and has upheld theft as a hallmark. This regime is amongst the worst regarding corruption. Hmmmmm, this is kleptocracy cum mobocracy with Okupe and Abati as the shameless area boys.
Re: Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate by emoo4: 10:15am On Oct 29, 2014
Yes they should pay, becos whenever we civilians take our wards to their schools we are always made to pay higher fees and there is so much oppression in terms of attention. There should be a level of responsibility.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Reacts To Borno, Katsina Attack: 'We’ll Punish Those Behind These Killings’ / Nigerian Army Kills Over 40 Boko Haram Militants In Damaturu Clash / Next Level Appointments: Are The President’s Men At War?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.