Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? - Romance (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? (101122 Views)

Lagos Babe Scams Guy She Met On Twitter / Why You Should Cook For Your Partner / When A Girl Likes A Guy....she Got The Following Attitudes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 5:13am On Nov 01, 2014
Idowuogbo:

A guest indeed! Make u no cook oo...i am begging you sef don't cook. I trust my take over babes, when dem finish with your bofy hen,I mean the ones that'll overfeed him and knack am wella, na "it's over!!! We are not compatible anymore" he go ping you.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by utenwuson: 5:28am On Nov 01, 2014
That is why u girls re having so many XXXXX's.........how do u feel watching ur bf do the cooking while u watch a movie? That I can do @ least 4 d 1st 3 visit buh if I believe we re conversant there on' n u stil seat n watch me cook, my dear I wouldn't say a word or complain about it but down within me I knw u will smday b counted among my already complicated XXxxxxx""ssss. Nofin could mk a guy imagine u been his wife than eating ur food wen it taste gud, its as important as s*x in marriage....though most Nigeria gurls ds days can't even mk gud meal........indomie @ their disposal.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 5:40am On Nov 01, 2014
Sapphire86:

Yes! She is still a guest after all.

And when other guests comes that likes to cook and clean. Make you maintain o!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by cc150615(f): 5:52am On Nov 01, 2014
harde2lah:
Thank God my gf doesn't visit Nairaland. Even if she does, it won't change who she is. Let say I have two gfs A and B. whenever A visits she will just sit down there like a non living thing and Whenever B visits even though she's not under any obligation to cook but offer to help with cooking. I will rather marry B than the zombie A. To all the nice and submissive ladies out there, don't take advices from these feminists serious oo especially here on Nairaland that fake people are rampant. Be yourself. Cooking for your bf does not makes you his housemaid or his servant. The fact that my gf cooks for me whenever she comes over does not mean she's my housemaid whatever. I rebuke every spirit of feminism. god send feminists far away from my life and my family.
Hehehe
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 01, 2014
cc150615:

Hehehe
Seems like I remember this moniker. What's good?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by tari040(f): 6:08am On Nov 01, 2014
pasqal09:

In a way, yes. How can I cook when she's around? That's just not right.
if you make it her job to cook always when she's around then that's a bull shit cuz she ain't your wifey/slave, she can only help out when utterly necessary not compulsory, you sound like the bossy type
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by tuto: 6:12am On Nov 01, 2014
you will not cook because you are not married then no need to be giving you money since you are not married yet
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:31am On Nov 01, 2014
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It won't happen all the time but I'll def pop in to help once in a while.I'll try to squeeze time to treat her to my special(God help me) too from time to time.

Even if d above doesn't come as I wuld luv,she can be sure of my moral support.

I will make it an habit to appreciate her even if itz bread she puts on d table.I cook and I go to the market.I also knw wat my mum goes thru.Cooking is not easy;even d planning(racking of head to come up wit a combo) is sumtin else.She's in the kitchen vewi early in d morning,goes to work and she's there after work again to prepare dinner...dis cycle goes on and on embarassed

Some men knw nothing abt cooking/kitchen stillz and I don't blame dem.Many of dem had "fleet" of sisters tongue so dey can't really appreciate d reality of wat women pass thru.

My advice to y'all is that u appreciate dem profusely each time dey set d table for u to eat.Some 'll say-"shebi I gave her d money".Can u eat your money? undecided
Going to d market alone isn't easy.I so much detest it;I only go wen I av no choice.Every one is out to slit your throat.U av to higgle and haggle endlessly.

In a world where a lot of women are acting feminist scripts,a woman who cooks for her husband is a gem.Appreciate her smiley
TahariX:

YASSSSS!!!! Both my parents cook and do house chores. I don't know why Nigerian guys think their pen*s will fall off if they fry an egg grin
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Lightening: 6:32am On Nov 01, 2014
TahariX:

Is my age relevant to the discussion?

I think he meant to say that you might be underaged, without much experience about attitudes that work in relationships. My opinion though.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by pickabeau1: 6:41am On Nov 01, 2014
Olaone1:
Yet, when the curtains are down, they are all cooking for their boyfriends. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Exactly why I don't visit the so-called Family Section, all marriages there are fine and going great with no hiccups whatsoever. They were all made on planet Mars. Talk about e-life and the gulf between it and real life undecided

Pants on fire

Pics or adonbilivit
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Truckpusher(m): 6:43am On Nov 01, 2014
Sapphire86:

On the Internet you are all tigers while in real life you'd be working and slaving like jacky for him to put a ring on that finger. undecided

Nigerian girls deceiving themselves since 1980 angry
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by orchmani(m): 6:45am On Nov 01, 2014
nomabeeee:
I find this very interesting to discuss here..and I will go straight to the point..I don't think its advicible for a lady to always cook for the man she's dating anytime she's visits him.if you visit him 5 times,u can cook two times or once for him..its important that we ladies should know our place in our man's life..if you are his friend,you act like his friend..if you a re his girlfriend ,you act like one and if you a re his wife..you also act like one..A woman is meant to be explored..if am dating/courting you and during the course of that I cook all my delicasies for you,..what threat wil I give you when we get married?hmmm I can't find myself loitering around a man's kitchen when am not his wife..whats ur opinion ladies?men are also free to air their opinions too...reasonable comments please..thanks
mumu post by mumu person...that's why a guy go date u for 7 years and gets married to a girl he met for just 2months...prove urself a wife material then u'll become one..if u can't feed ur man then ur useless as a woman..so what role do u play as a gf in his life?ask for money and to pay ur bills abi?rubbish
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by mitchyy(f): 6:52am On Nov 01, 2014
Interesting thread. Yes, a lady can cook for her boyfriend. But then, its not compulsory she does that all the time. A man who has brain upstairs and understands that his girl is not his maid will not insist she does.

I'll use the example of a male friend who is happily with a kid now. He was dating one lady who ensures there's always soup and stew in his fridge. She cooks and clean. She was like the perfect wife. But when this guy was ready to marry, he went to search for a random lady in his church, they dated for 3months and he married her.
Mrs cook and clean was very pissed because she gave him everything yet he left her for someone he never knew. So to those saying its a criteria for a guy to marry you, think again.
Another example, a friend told us he needed a wife and wants to settle down this November. We tried to hook him up and finally, he found a lady he liked. They are currently dating and she visits almost everyday to cook, clean, do his laundry. Sometimes they spend the night together. This is November and he hasn't even engaged her. We asked him what happened to "I want to marry asap". And he said he still wants to watch his girl. But we asked him to be honest, becus we know its because she gives him everything he would have gotten when married. So he sees no need to rush. And then he smiled sheepishly.

In a nutshell, cooking for your boyfriend or fiancee is awesome. But making it mandatory for ladies, is archaic. And its NEVER a criteria for him to marry you.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:56am On Nov 01, 2014
Lmao cheesy cheesy

Itz d sad reality...many making noise here can't cook cry (I'm nt talkin rice,spaggehti,dodo oda "lazy" foods.I'm talkin abt meals u'll be proud to put on d table wen your hubby's friends or members of extended family visit)
oracle009:
D day my lady put semovita inside freezer coz itz watery, she want it to b more solid... Abi d day she put salt nd locust inside indomie for me...my frnd now came visitin, she wan cuk...cum see d votron speed i take reach kitchen dey beg her mak she no cuk...tnk God he intervened dt day, gas finish, d dsgrace my frnd go gv me go stick for life.... Lazy bones...dey no knw anytin, yet dem dey form jadon... Btw, my lady don improve o, nw she can cuk rice
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by nduchucks: 6:57am On Nov 01, 2014
The best chefs in the world are men!

My advise to young men is to learn how to cook and how to do it even better than the girls. That way, no woman will use food to do you yanga. You can kukuma serve your girlfriend, wonderful breakfast in bed if you are lucky to have her spend a night. Trust me, with this skill, you go have sex tire.

Make sure you are not poor though, else all bets are off.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by charming247(m): 6:58am On Nov 01, 2014
TahariX:
I personally will not cook for anyone I'm not married to. I can cook for you if you're coming over to visit but going to someone's house and cooking for them is just a no-no. I'm not your wife bruh.
And pls don't ask someone who is not ur husband for money ok.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by nallypaul(m): 6:58am On Nov 01, 2014
An elder in the house. Very bad to visit and not cook is better you don't visit. Cooking dosnt make slave rather it makes the guy to see you homely and humble.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Bumyde: 7:03am On Nov 01, 2014
How An African Woman’s Curvy Body Sent Her To An Early Grave: The Story Of Sarah Baartman

http://www.bumpgist.com/african-womans-curvy-body-sent-early-grave-tory-sarah-baartman-photo/
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Styx01: 7:07am On Nov 01, 2014
[quote author=nomabeeee post=27534100]I find this very interesting to discuss here..and I will go straight to the point..I don't think its advicible for a lady to always cook for the man she's dating anytime she's visits him.if you visit him 5 times,u can cook two times or once for him..its important that we ladies should know our place in our man's life..if you are his friend,you act like his friend..if you a re his girlfriend ,you act like one and if you a re his wife..you also act like one..A woman is meant to be explored..if am dating/courting you and during the course of that I cook all my delicasies for you,..what threat wil I give you when we get married?hmmm I can't find myself loitering around a man's kitchen when am not his wife..whats ur opinion ladies?men are also free to air their opinions too...reasonable comments please..thanks[/quot
Your post very is very straight forward as even when BFs don't visit, guys cook! It makes no much sense to visit anytime a lady knows she cannot be in position to give such assistance if her guy requests.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by darlingfather(m): 7:16am On Nov 01, 2014
Bunch of lazy gals that won't cook for there bf,whether u like it on not someone will be cooking for that guy and u may end up being a sexmate or a friend waisting u time that u were dating a guy.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 01, 2014
It's not mandatory o! But make God help you. I eat good food mostly when my girl visits and am ever grateful she's good at it and does it meticulously. One time she made ofe ede, I had no mortar so the young woman used her initiative; a stainless bowl and glass cup. I bought a good mortar before her next visit and made sure the kitchen is far equipped than ever.

Goodluck to you not cooking

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by zoe123: 7:29am On Nov 01, 2014
solochris:
As for me as a guy, I don't like it. u can come, stay as long as u want, forget d kitchen, I will do d cooking myself. don't like it wen u assume responsibilities on ur own. wen d time comes u go Cook tire. no pester round my house joor all in d name of bf gf shit

my dear I feel u o.as much as I don't like eating out I still don't subscribe to cooking for anyone cos if Na by cooking most girls for don marry.IF he eventually marries u d kitchen go be urs forever so y d rush?

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Evanscoth(f): 7:32am On Nov 01, 2014
pasqal09:
So what's the girlfriend suppose to do when she visits? Balance on his bed while he cooks for her?

grin grin grin

Please fast are there to make money, if you wish to savour good meal, don't wanna patronize eatries please step up your berats. Visit her family and marry. It sicken me when I see gluttons r whose only interest in ladies is to get them cook for him.
A handfull of men prioritise on this cooking ish and married a wife not meant for them.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by NaomiUchechukwu(f): 7:33am On Nov 01, 2014
I will cook for my bf once there is love
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 01, 2014
If my gf comes to my house and bluntly refuses to cook for me with the flimsy excuse that she can't cook cos she's just a gf, n the next time she comes over and finds another girl cooking for me and I dump her cos the other lady (the one that cooks) knows what she wants and knows her place as a lady, hope she won't feel bad.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by ebukaOtika(m): 7:35am On Nov 01, 2014
pasqal09:
So what's the girlfriend suppose to do when she visits? Balance on his bed while he cooks for her?

I wonder oooo
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 01, 2014
nomabeeee:
I find this very interesting to discuss here..and I will go straight to the point..I don't think its advicible for a lady to always cook for the man she's dating anytime she's visits him.if you visit him 5 times,u can cook two times or once for him..its important that we ladies should know our place in our man's life..if you are his friend,you act like his friend..if you a re his girlfriend ,you act like one and if you a re his wife..you also act like one..A woman is meant to be explored..if am dating/courting you and during the course of that I cook all my delicasies for you,..what threat wil I give you when we get married?hmmm I can't find myself loitering around a man's kitchen when am not his wife..whats ur opinion ladies?men are also free to air their opinions too...reasonable comments please..thanks
And the ignorant ones will agree with you. Ladies hear this: You can not become a wife until you have the mentality of a wife! Take it or leave it. Keep playing the guest while someone else works her way into his stomach, and then to his heart.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 01, 2014
Evanscoth:

grin grin grin

Please fast are there to make money, if you wish to savour good meal, don't wanna patronize eatries please step up your berats. Visit her family and marry. It sicken me when I see gluttons r whose only interest in ladies is to get them cook for him.
A handfull of men prioritise on this cooking ish and married a wife not meant for them.
so if I marry a wife who cooks for me, then I have married the wife not meant for me? U must still be in primary 4
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by ebukaOtika(m): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2014
Sapphire86:

Sorry for you oooo ,,,, a guest abi ,,,, but when e reach to collect money or maybe go Mr Biggs she go turn to Quest abi ?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 01, 2014
Sapphire86:

since you know me and my relationship well enough, who am I to respond?
girl, you can lie for Africa. chai, some girls the lie pass devil, even devil dey surprise for una lie. lion.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 01, 2014
zoe123:

my dear I feel u o.as much as I don't like eating out I still don't subscribe to cooking for anyone cos if Na by cooking most girls for don marry.IF he eventually marries u d kitchen go be urs forever so y d rush?
Why don't you step up your IQ. This guy is simply saying that the girl isn't qualified to enter his kitchen, but his bedroom. Maybe you don't know what that means.. Even when he said he doesn't like pestering? I pity some people anyway. When you clock 30, No one would ask you to change your mind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (42) (Reply)

He Kneels To Propose To His Girlfriend, But Her Other Lover Came Out In Boxers / 18-Year-Old Boy Buys BMW For His 25-Year-Old Girlfriend As Birthday Gift (Photos / Bride Looks Very Angry In Her Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.