Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,149 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? - Romance (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? (101143 Views)

Lagos Babe Scams Guy She Met On Twitter / Why You Should Cook For Your Partner / When A Girl Likes A Guy....she Got The Following Attitudes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 01, 2014
My joy is that I am a very good cook, and there's nothing u are looking for in my kitchen that u cannot find, whether its foodstuffs or utensils. So if my GF never obliged me anytime I ask her to cook for me, that's her loss. If she could not cos she's not feelin fine or cos she's so tired then its clearly understood.

Some of this babes on NL starting up all the thread and commenting that they can't cook for their BF's are either online liars, or they are still 45 and single, or have never had a BF.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by carlos1(m): 7:44am On Nov 01, 2014
nomabeeee:
I find this very interesting to discuss here..and I will go straight to the point..I don't think its advicible for a lady to always cook for the man she's dating anytime she's visits him.if you visit him 5 times,u can cook two times or once for him..its important that we ladies should know our place in our man's life..if you are his friend,you act like his friend..if you a re his girlfriend ,you act like one and if you a re his wife..you also act like one..A woman is meant to be explored..if am dating/courting you and during the course of that I cook all my delicasies for you,..what threat wil I give you when we get married?hmmm I can't find myself loitering around a man's kitchen when am not his wife..whats ur opinion ladies?men are also free to air their opinions too...reasonable comments please..thanks

So food don become issue for your mind abi. See let me tell you something. someone like me cant be threatened with food o. I'll simply go and fill my stomach outside and come back home simple. The issuue is weda u cook 10 times a day or 2times a week. A loving and understanding husband will always b dia for you and stand by you. U don't have to look for ways of threatening a man. U cant even threaten me wit sex, I'll also go outside. No time to look woman face

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by segiwest(m): 7:44am On Nov 01, 2014
I enjoyed all the comments so far. Every man has the right of his/her opinions.
I for one, I can't risk my woman for any lady in here (sorry to say). Even if you cook for Jonathan & Obama, na leaves them de chop. I'm talking about someone who can sacrifice everything (I mean everything including her pride) just to make 'my' home sweet. Give me a reason to risk loosing her.
The thing that endeared me to her was her cooking. She can cook for a battalion without complaining, even her school's (university) Pastorate were fond of her (as the welfare). But when she's coming over, I MUST prepare what she would eat first before any other thing (that's my obligation).
If you like cook & sleep with him.
If you like don't cook & sleep with him.
If you like cook & don't sleep with him.
If you like don't cook & don't sleep with him.
Life goes on cos thr are choices to be made by only YOU. Choose the best that suits you.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 01, 2014
On the other hand after all the shakara

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by misreal(m): 7:51am On Nov 01, 2014
Isiterere:

I owe you a bottle for this post.

Btw, I don't need them cooking anymore, will prefer the BODY and they will remain the gf.
Where is that 19years old Taharix ?

ALL IZZ WELL
one bottle of Pepsi oh.me don't drink no alcohol.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Godsate: 7:53am On Nov 01, 2014
Let her not do the cooking. Another lady that is younger and better will do the cooking. How is she going to show the guy that she is a good cook. I don't even know what is so special about cooking that ladies see as something special.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by zoe123: 7:53am On Nov 01, 2014
Fit2Rule:

Why don't you step up your IQ. This guy is simply saying that the girl isn't qualified to enter his kitchen, but his bedroom. Maybe you don't know what that means.. Even when he said he doesn't like pestering? I pity some people anyway. When you clock 30, No one would ask you to change your mind.
you don't need to subscribe to my opinion,n I perfectly understood what he wrote.my white wedding is in February n I didn't catch him by cooking for him.every man on earth does not believe cooking makes a woman wife material.keep looking for osho free food.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Edigrows: 7:59am On Nov 01, 2014
lrguru:
My joy is that I am a very good cook, and there's nothing u are looking for in my kitchen that u cannot find, whether its foodstuffs or utensils. So if my GF never obliged me anytime I ask her to cook for me, that's her loss. If she could not cos she's not feelin fine or cos she's so tired then its clearly understood.

Some of this babes on NL starting up all the thread and commenting that they can't cook for their BF's are either online liars, or they are still 45 and single, or have never had a BF.

AGREEDED!!! grin
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Zakkyoz: 8:02am On Nov 01, 2014
I can't put a ring on a finger that can't cook.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Osode: 8:04am On Nov 01, 2014
mitchyy:
Interesting thread. Yes, a lady can cook for her boyfriend. But then, its not compulsory she does that all the time. A man who has brain upstairs and understands that his girl is not his maid will not insist she does.

I'll use the example of a male friend who is happily with a kid now. He was dating one lady who ensures there's always soup and stew in his fridge. She cooks and clean. She was like the perfect wife. But when this guy was ready to marry, he went to search for a random lady in his church, they dated for 3months and he married her.
Mrs cook and clean was very pissed because she gave him everything yet he left her for someone he never knew. So to those saying its a criteria for a guy to marry you, think again.
Another example, a friend told us he needed a wife and wants to settle down this November. We tried to hook him up and finally, he found a lady he liked. They are currently dating and she visits almost everyday to cook, clean, do his laundry. Sometimes they spend the night together. This is November and he hasn't even engaged her. We asked him what happened to "I want to marry asap". And he said he still wants to watch his girl. But we asked him to be honest, becus we know its because she gives him everything he would have gotten when married. So he sees no need to rush. And then he smiled sheepishly.

In a nutshell, cooking for your boyfriend or fiancee is awesome. But making it mandatory for ladies, is archaic. And its NEVER a criteria for him to marry you.
Balanced, and Matured...
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by hayorbaami: 8:05am On Nov 01, 2014
TahariX:

100% agreed!

Thank you o my sister. Am sure most of the guys talking here will not advice thier own sister to perform a wife's role to an ordinary boyfriend. If he wants to test your cooking abilities he should come over to your house. Maybe when he graduates from boyfriend to fiance you can start doing all the wifely role.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Ayo199(m): 8:10am On Nov 01, 2014
Am coming bk to comment..
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by hayorbaami: 8:10am On Nov 01, 2014
Idowuogbo:

A guest indeed! Make u no cook oo...i am begging you sef don't cook. I trust my take over babes, when dem finish with your bofy hen,I mean the ones that'll overfeed him and knack am wella, na "it's over!!! We are not compatible anymore" he go ping you.

Abgegi jare..all na wash. If you like be d best cook nd best in everything , those that will snatch your boyfriend will still do. But at least you wont regret performing a wife's duty while in the relationship.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 01, 2014
pickabeau1:

Actually more like 22/23

Then they start from 35+.....those who have lost hope

LMAO...
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Zanxx(f): 8:14am On Nov 01, 2014
i concur ladies. i did that for 3yrs and got nothing out of it. i would sometimes on saturdays prepare 4 different dishes for him for the week. whenever he brought foodstuffs back from the village i would be the one to suffer. but my weakness for men who i see struggling to cook wont allow me sit back and watch him cook. i just have to takeover.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by zoe123: 8:16am On Nov 01, 2014
if u are up to 29 chances are u must have had more than one relationship if ur a lady what happened? ur cooking cudnt hold him? if ur a man wat happened? her cooking is not good enof? like I said in my earlier post I have played d cooking cleaning & laundry girl.I even sponsored his final year in school with my money, went to write one of his exams for him cos he said he was "sick" not knowing he was avoiding some cultist,those guys almost butchered me when dey didn't see him but me.it still didn't stop him from screwing n marrying my best friend,some said its just young school experience I shouldn't carry it for mind, bro it was 3yrs of my life n near death experience. ladies if u wan cook for ur bf by all means do.but it won't guarantee marriage. my opinion sha
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Austin234(m): 8:31am On Nov 01, 2014
Shud not even cook at all cos dats a gateway to many evil deeds today. Sanctity and moral decorum shud be ur watchword in r/ship. Tanx
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Successdude(m): 8:31am On Nov 01, 2014
nomabeeee:
I find this very interesting to discuss here..hmmm I can't find myself loitering around a man's kitchen when am not his wife..
Miss, but are you planning to be his wife ?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 01, 2014
hayorbaami:

Thank you o my sister. Am sure most of the guys talking here will not advice thier own sister to perform a wife's role to an ordinary boyfriend. If he wants to test your cooking abilities he should come over to your house. Maybe when he graduates from boyfriend to fiance you can start doing all the wifely role.
differentiate a boyfriend from a fiancee please?

Or u want to tell me a fiancé is someone who has engaged u? Yea u right babe.... But does engagement means marriage?

Ladies of this days will call a guy who just asked them out last week their fiancé, cos they don't even know the difference
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Successdude(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2014
zoe123:
if u are up to 29 chances are u must have had more than one relationship if ur a lady what happened? ur cooking cudnt hold him? if ur a man wat happened? her cooking is not good enof? like I said in my earlier post I have played d cooking cleaning & laundry girl.I even sponsored his final year in school with my money, went to write one of his exams for him cos he said he was "sick" not knowing he was avoiding some cultist,those guys almost butchered me when dey didn't see him but me.it still didn't stop him from screwing n marrying my best friend,some said its just young school experience I shouldn't carry it for mind, bro it was 3yrs of my life n near death experience. ladies if u wan cook for ur bf by all means do.but it won't guarantee marriage. my opinion sha
your tale is touching . i hope you are strong again.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by hayorbaami: 8:36am On Nov 01, 2014
lrguru:
differentiate a boyfriend from a fiancee please?

Or u want to tell me a fiancé is someone who has engaged u? Yea u right babe.... But does engagement means marriage?

Ladies of this days will call a guy who just asked the out last week their fiancé, cos they don't even know the difference

My own meaning of fiance is someone you have done introduction with and a date is fixed for wedding. Not all these yeye promise ring.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by OwoLee(m): 8:41am On Nov 01, 2014
Nowadays, ladies are stlylisly rejecting all the work God ordained them to be doing, I want to ask the ladies, Is Sex the only thing of making up for a relationship? Am sure after sometime, some people will bring up the idea of not cooking again as a wife, that the man should also go to the kitchen to prepare food abi? Because I don't understand, be forming wat a man can do she can always do better. Why can't u all focus on wat u do nd do it to ur best...believe me, U will always get nothing less than the best Man!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Emblj: 8:42am On Nov 01, 2014
Marriage elements r not meant 4 courtship simply because they r diffrerent stages. It is not d right of any man in courtship to demand cooking 4m his lady in courtship. If d lady does it @ will from her place, FINE. But then, why would a lady put herself in marriage before marrriage ? Ladies need to know that what thrills a man is d HIDDEN TREASURE in them.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Emblj: 8:47am On Nov 01, 2014
OwoLee:
Nowadays, ladies are stlylisly rejecting all the work God ordained them to be doing, I want to ask the ladies, Is Sex the only thing of making up for a relationship? Am sure after sometime, some people will bring up the idea of not cooking again as a wife, that the man should also go to the kitchen to prepare food abi? Because I don't understand, be forming wat a man can do she can always do better. Why can't u all focus on wat u do nd do it to ur best...believe me, U will always get nothing less than the best Man!

Pls note marriage isnt d same as courtship.

In marriage there r responsibilities and roles . They r not d same.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 01, 2014
hayorbaami:

My own meaning of fiance is someone you have done introduction with and a date is fixed for wedding. Not all these yeye promise ring.
my dear, some introduction na wash. Some guys still dump some ladies even after introduction. Whether or not u cook after introduction does not make any difference. Who wan marry u go marry u. But its best u still cook for him once a while and not say u can never cook for him so long as u guys are still dating
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by swiftybeauty(f): 8:48am On Nov 01, 2014
lol...funny guys
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by TahariX(f): 8:48am On Nov 01, 2014
hayorbaami:

Lol abi!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by TahariX(f): 8:51am On Nov 01, 2014
zoe123:

Your ex sounds like the devil himself. I'm sorry you had to go through all that.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 01, 2014
Lol, my conclusion on this topic/thread.
99% of the girls and ladies supporting the campaign that ladies should not cook or help their boyfriends/fiancees with household chores, fall into any or all of these categories:

1. Very ugly with ugly character

2. Comes from a distorted family

3. Have bad mothers

4. Lazy and ill-mannered

5. Pompous,n proud and not well-trained

6. Very young (below 22yrs) and naïve about life

7. Lying to win some cheap e-popularity/fans

8. Have never had a serious date

9. Have been dating poor guys who don't even have a kitchen to talk of cooking

10. Have been dumped severally or disappointed by guys who they cooked and cleaned for, so they feel awake to their misery

11. Have never dated a guy who is their dream man or close to it.

12. Dating a guy who they know doesn't value them and has no future plans for them!

13. They want to form feminist online

14. They can't cook, and it hurts them that they can't, so they wanna deceive other ladies who cooks well from cooking for their mencheesy

15. Raised by unhappy single mothers

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 01, 2014
OwoLee:
lol, oh u haven't heard them campaigning for that too That means u are new ocheesy Nigerian ladies have been copying the wrong cultures wrongly of recent. They said their husbands should be assisting them in cooking: 50-50 o, as in if they are cutting vegetable, their husband should be slicing onions o to show he is caringcheesy
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 01, 2014
Emblj:
Marriage elements r not meant 4 courtship simply because they r diffrerent stages. It is not d right of any man in courtship to demand cooking 4m his lady in courtship. If d lady does it @ will from her place, FINE. But then, why would a lady put herself in marriage before marrriage ? Ladies need to know that what thrills a man is d HIDDEN TREASURE in them.
I agree with u, but if a lady accepts to be a guy's girlfriend, and do accept his favours- money, call cards, gifts, dates sponsored by d guy, free car liftgrin, she's already enjoying wifely privileges and should also take up wifely roles na, abi na lie?cheesy

Many guys can afford cooks and house help to be assisting them, but they just enjoy it when their lover does it, doesn't mean they have no alternative.

Girls campaign for: no sex till marriage, I support them, no cooking till marriage, no visiting him in his house and sleeping over till marriage, etc, and I ask: why then are ladies still going into dating/relationship for C's sake? Why not stay away from guys and wait for your husband to bring wine to meet your father?

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 01, 2014
To avoid cooking for him or washing his clothes it's better you stop visiting him at his place. Let him visit you or you guys can meet at an open place. Don't clap if you are not ready to dance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (42) (Reply)

He Kneels To Propose To His Girlfriend, But Her Other Lover Came Out In Boxers / 18-Year-Old Boy Buys BMW For His 25-Year-Old Girlfriend As Birthday Gift (Photos / Bride Looks Very Angry In Her Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.