Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Patriotism: A Cause Of Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patriotism: A Cause Of Development (718 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism / The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development / The Dearth Of Development In The South-east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patriotism: A Cause Of Development by fr3do(m): 11:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
There is this saying, "do not think about what your country can do for you but what you can do for your". When we carry out responsibilities and duties as citizens and even go the extra mile to love the state, the state will be more equipped to meet our rights and benefits as citizens.

Some other African countries would be richer if their past dictators had not stash their loots abroad but reinvested back into the country.
You can give Dubai a break and visit Obudu cattle ranch.
Why hold a wedding abroad when you can do it here avoiding all that money guests will spend as expenses from leaving the country.
Nigeria would be better if people didn't embezzle funds for love of country.

Patriotism is a cause of development more than it should be a reaction to.
Re: Patriotism: A Cause Of Development by fr3do(m): 9:53am On Nov 02, 2014
Afam4eva Oam4J
Re: Patriotism: A Cause Of Development by moyinoluwatobad(f): 12:52pm On Nov 02, 2014
fr3do:
Afam4eva Oam4J
who are theY
Re: Patriotism: A Cause Of Development by fr3do(m): 1:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
moyinoluwatobad:

who are theY

moderators, they are the ones responsible for moving threads to the front page.
Re: Patriotism: A Cause Of Development by Eillo(m): 9:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
if for example I know (or believe) that getting a higher education outside Nigeria would be of greatest value to me and my aim is to get the best education I can get, why then would I spend that same amount of money schooling here in the spirit of nationalism? that would mean that I would not derive the satisfaction that come from getting what I really want.

for those who go to dubai there is an intrinsic value they get from going there. so I don't think blind nationalism will work on the long run.

there has to be value (utility ) for money especially in capitalist economy
Re: Patriotism: A Cause Of Development by fr3do(m): 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
Patriotism will make Nigerians invest more on real estate and tourism.
It is cause and effect.

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal: Jonathan Calls Emergency PDP Meeting / Policeman In Custody For Killing His 1-yr Old Baby And Crushing The Wife's Leg / 2015 Election: Thugs Destroy David Mark’s Campaign Posters In Otukpo [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.