Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? (23028 Views)

On Bright Echefu And His "Ill Timed" Engagement / Photo: What Do You Think; The Dark Skinned Kids Are Saying Or Thinking? / Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Lovethlovesmike(f): 2:52am On Oct 29, 2014
Ever since my mom met my bf she has made many side comments that you people's kids will be black oo & stuffs like that which has affected my self esteem. Tiwa savage and her hubby have dark skin. Stephanie okereke & Linus and a few others. When i was small, she always made hurtful comments that im black like my daddy.
Do you people think its possible if both couples are on the dark side of skin colours for the kids to have bright skin? What can I do to achieve that?
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by drimpeccable(m): 2:56am On Oct 29, 2014
Quite possible. Might depend on family history

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by seunlayi(m): 3:00am On Oct 29, 2014
not possible, they should ask the wife how she comes about it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by soulglo: 3:08am On Oct 29, 2014
seunlayi:
not possible, they should ask the wife how she comes about it

Seriously? Stop embarrassing yourself

15 Likes

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Stillfire: 3:14am On Oct 29, 2014
Be proud of your skin color. Don't let anyone influence you with their own insecurities. Your mom is just speaking out of her own limited reasoning influenced by the age long homage to her White masters.
Take care of your dark skin. You are very lucky to have it. I notice dark people rarely have skin issues.
Melanin protects you from the sun. Others would roast in it.
Bright skin does not mean light either. Your skin can be dark and bright. Use natural oils on your skin and keep it alive. cool

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by julisa2020(f): 3:29am On Oct 29, 2014
i think its partially possible...like the first poster rightly said..it all depends on the family history..but its just a 30% chance of having a light skinned baby tho...
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by shikshark: 4:05am On Oct 29, 2014
okocha is in the best position to answer this question.......but from folktales, i heard if couples bleep in a scorching sun, there is tendency they produce light skinned baby
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by radiant3(f): 5:10am On Oct 29, 2014
drimpeccable:
Quite possible. Might depend on family history

Exactly
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by kreamidiva(f): 5:49am On Oct 29, 2014
My hubby and I are dark. But my daughter can be classified as fair. She took my MIL's complexion.
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by gidjah(m): 6:06am On Oct 29, 2014
SAVE IF THEY HAV A WHITE SKINNY PERSON IN THEIR LINEAGE

1 Like

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by egopersonified(f): 6:17am On Oct 29, 2014
people, even family and friends, would always find something to complain about. Please be comfortable and confident in yourself, there is nothing wrong with a dark baby as long as it doesnt look sickly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Crixie(m): 6:31am On Oct 29, 2014
Scientifically its very very possible
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Lovethlovesmike(f): 6:47am On Oct 29, 2014
Thanks @ all for your kind words. He has only met my mom twice but this whole skin colour problem has made me to become insecure. My sister's son is very dark too and thats all my mom has been saying that na wa for his skin colour. Its all because me and my bf are dark thats why i've started thinking about it although it has never been a problem in our relationship.
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by thorpido(m): 6:48am On Oct 29, 2014
It's possible.Depends on your family history like someone said.
There is the dominant gene and recessive gene.If someone in your lineage is fair,your child could pick that.
You are more likely to have dark complexioned babies however.

What can you do about it?Nothing.
Just raise your kids well with good self-esteem and healthy.

3 Likes

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by perry2020(f): 6:56am On Oct 29, 2014
You don't need to get urself walked up over nothing both black and white are all kids.
It is possible to give birth to light babies if ur parents or ez are light then it's possible,i heard drinking alot of milk during pregnancy can also make a baby light(dunno how tru)
I had this friends both dark,they got married and when the wife gave birth she gave birth to a very light boy with very curly hair when the guys family saw the baby they said the baby wasn't theirs till they conducted a dna test and the guy was worried that they don't have any blonde in their lineage neither does the babe so they had to accept the baby.
It's highly possible if you eat the right diet and good food.

2 Likes

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by tpia6: 7:06am On Oct 29, 2014
Lovethlovesmike:
Thanks @ all for your kind words. He has only met my mom twice but this whole skin colour problem has made me to become insecure. My sister's son is very dark too and thats all my mom has been saying that na wa for his skin colour. Its all because me and my bf are dark thats why i've started thinking about it although it has never been a problem in our relationship.

Ma'am stop dating dark guys if you come from a family where people are judged by their skin colour.
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Ybaby: 7:41am On Oct 29, 2014
Your mum married or atleast slept with a black man.

She started it

Ask her politely to be hush about it all

black is beautiful

8 Likes

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by tpia6: 7:57am On Oct 29, 2014
If the thought of your child being dark skinned disturbs you, then dont date a dark skinned male.

Is this rocket science?

1 Like

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by estheremma(f): 8:04am On Oct 29, 2014
I'm dark n my hubby is dark too,but some of my kids are fair
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by tpia6: 8:08am On Oct 29, 2014
So?

Who cares?

Put them in modelling if that's your priority.

Only God knows what some of you people teach your kids at home, probably raising little nazis, lord have mercy.

Some people are looking for kids, others are opening s.tupid threads on the colour of their unborn baby.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by AfricanApple(f): 8:57am On Oct 29, 2014
its possible but not guaranteed, so don't even have d mindset dat u might have a light skinned child cos u may be disappointed. u just have to get used to what ur mum says about ur color and ignore her.

1 Like

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by blank(f): 9:05am On Oct 29, 2014
My husband and i are dark skinned although i am darker than he is. My first son is as dark as i am although the next is not so dark. The beautiful thing about being dark skinned is that you don't need expensive soaps and creams. I use any soap even lux if that is available and vaseline or ori. My skin glows. People always ask what i use. I tell them that i drink enough water, eat enough fruits and vegetables and have enough sleep.

My sons are the same. Handsome young men, no pimples.

13 Likes

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by freecocoa(f): 9:15am On Oct 29, 2014
Your mother is lucky I'm not her daughter, she would have shut up about the skin color ish a long time ago.

She married a black dark skinned man and she has the nerves to make jabs at dark skinned people, hypocrite much?

I for don ask am why she marry papa if she so obviously hates his skin color, rabbish.

4 Likes

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2014
Of course, its possible for two dark people to have light skinned kids. Get educated. knowledge is power. Its all about genetics and family trees. My parents are not light skinned yet they gave birth to light skinned children because some members of their families have stronger 'light skin genes'. Its even possible for one kid to not look exactly like the parents but can look exactly like a member/members of the any of the parents' family.
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by 2goodbobo(m): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2014
My wife and I hear such comments all the time but it does not bother us at all. She is pregnant and in a couple of months will deliver by God's grace
so we are waiting for the arrival of the baby and whether the baby comes out black like us or fair like our parents, (my Mum and her's is fair), we aint bothered at all. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by MrPresident1: 11:25am On Oct 29, 2014
I think it is possible. Elementary genetics, if the couple both have recessive genes for light skin, it may just express as dominant in one or more of their offspring undecided
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Lovethlovesmike(f): 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
Thanks. i dont dislike and im not even ashamed of dark skinned kids. My worry is acceptance just so that the way she's talking about my nephew, she wont talk about my unborn kids that way. I'm moving on with my relationship. No shaking.
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by TV01(m): 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2014
First, ensure it doesn't become one;
Lovethlovesmike:
Its all because me and my bf are dark thats why i've started thinking about it although it has never been a problem in our relationship.

Then do this;
Stillfire:
Be proud of your skin color. Don't let anyone influence you with their own insecurities. Take care of your dark skin. You are very lucky to have it. I notice dark people rarely have skin issues.
Melanin protects you from the sun. Others would roast in it.
Bright skin does not mean light either. Your skin can be dark and bright. Use natural oils on your skin and keep it alive. cool

Note this;
MrPresident1:
I think it is possible. Elementary genetics, if the couple both have recessive genes for light skin, it may just express as dominant in one or more of their offspring undecided

Then think about moving to a cold/Western nation to increase your chances grin.

TV
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
And what is wrong with having dark skinned kids? Smh.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. Even folks with pale skin, especially guys, wanna go darker.

Er, two naija women out here gave birth to white kids (still a mystery tho). You can ask them to show you the secret to that loool.

3 Likes

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by saponification: 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2014
Really a mother is d least person dat should reason n talk d way ur mum is doin.my dear colour of ur future babies or what ur mum is sayin should not stop u from marryin d man u luv.as for havin fair kids,its possible if its in ur gene or ur hubby's gene.I am just light skined while my hybby is dark,but my two kids r very fair like whites cos my mum is fair

1 Like

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by juman(m): 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
Just be telling your mother that black is beautiful. grin

1 Like

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Adesiji77: 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
It is very possible. I am a living witness! grin

Have you heard of the 'dominant' and 'recessive' genes?

Besides, children are gifts from God. So, their skin colour does not matter. Appreciate whatever skin colour you get. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage Introduction In Yoruba Land - What Is Expected Of The Groom To Be? / My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum / Who Enjoys Sex;male Or FEMALE???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.