Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,762 members, 7,806,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row (32627 Views)

I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode / Saraki: My Original Sin Was Opposing Muslim/Muslim Ticket In The APC / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by pattoski(m): 11:41am On Oct 29, 2014
LMAyedun:
Mr. NLC Vice president,

Muslim-muslim ticket = 0

Christian-Christian ticket = 0

Nigeria isn't matured enough to elect her leaders based on constitutional provisions alone, the tension in the country at the moment can't accommodate that... at least, not 2015 elections.

Religion fanaticism is a major problem we need to outgrow in Nigeria.
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by Ololade1999: 11:49am On Oct 29, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Only a Satanist can lead Nigeria out of this mess. Jesus and Allah only lead to ignorance and darkness. May the light of Lucifer shine upon this country.
Ave Satanas.
something dey do u for head ni
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 29, 2014
olaeffect:
why must Buhari always say something wrong before election?

Those close to him should advice him please, some people like me are starting to like him ooo. But with comments like this, his opponents will bring out their joker again.

This comment just sounds so wrong coming from a person that pick a nonpolatician as a running mate simply because he was a pastor.

Hope he won't mind a Christian/Christian ticket too?
guy he neva said he wanted a muslim-muslim ticket. he only tried to say if his runin mate should b a muslim that shuldnt b an issue as long as d person is credible. dat was why in d interview he sighted abiola and kingibe who where both muslims but nigerians voted them because they where credible not minding their religion.

1 Like

Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by Sunshinelady(f): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

What about in 2002 when a certain buhari said Muslims should vote for only Muslim? Continue deceiving yourselves
. Dis Buhari has a lot of bagage. He has SAID & DONE a lot of thins in d past dat can be used to indict him. I just heard ystday of his role in d death of former Bendel st governor Ambrose Ali.., na wa 4him tho

1 Like

Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by Jasi7(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Only a Satanist can lead Nigeria out of this mess. Jesus and Allah only lead to ignorance and darkness. May the light of Lucifer shine upon this country.
Ave Satanas.

You are an idi.ot....

1 Like

Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
buhari is definitely a religious politician

sharia has always been his dream

4 Likes

Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by BUSHHUNTER: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
Dat Hediot Nlc chairman can kiss my anUs
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by oliy24(m): 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
olaeffect:
why must Buhari always say something wrong before election?

Those close to him should advice him please, some people like me are starting to like him ooo. But with comments like this, his opponents will bring out their joker again.

This comment just sounds so wrong coming from a person that pick a nonpolatician as a running mate simply because he was a pastor.

Hope he won't mind a Christian/Christian ticket too?

broda trust me, buhari has said nothing wrong, he is just saying the same thing the nlc are saying. but in different language. his party maybe considering Muslim-christian tickect for apc. and he said he doesn't mind muslim-muslim ticket in as much as the person is a perfect candidate. with this statement, he is not denying muslim-christian as well. he just hope for a perfect candidate. Mr nlc was just too forward to see that.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by IYANGBALI: 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
tit:
What concerns NLC with politicians and politics.
Nigeria's big problem is that people do not know their limits.
The NLC should fire this man immediately for dragging them into a issue they have no business with.

Next thing we know, Army generals and police commissioners will start opining on the criteria for political leadership.
thank you jare my dear,that is why I love you,let's go inside let me show you something
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by IYANGBALI: 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
Pagan-Pagan ticket is the best for Nigeria
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by marksonteewhy: 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2014
Flawlessview
My internet blog with latest local and international news, information, entertainment lifestye,celebrity news.
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by inosend: 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
dridowu:
Religion has divided this country more than before. I too don't mind the religion the Presi and VP comes from ,even if the candidate is an atheist, i am only concern about the candidates the will fulfil at least 80-90% his/her promise. But the question remains how do i identify the "TRUTHFUL" I am not in that school of thought . Buhari may have says so but that does... It a religion fanatic that would only vote someone from his/her religion.
I quite appreciate your take on objectivity. But the Nigeria of today has been through a lot to be in a state of amnesia. How would you place a religious body like the Jama'atul Nasril Islam positing a Muslim candidate (Buhari) in the northern states of Kano, Yobe & Borno (I saw these with my own eyes) and telling them not to vote for "Arne-infidel, kafiri-heathen, etc alluding to a CHRISTIAN--GEJ. The music has changed and so must the dance step. I would sooner vote for a thief who would grant me the 'permission" to lament than vote into power a fundamentalist (be it ISIL, AL QAEDA, AL SHABAAB, HEZBOLLAH, BOKO HARAM, etc who WILL try to obliterate me and my kind (Christians) from the face of the earth. It happened in Jordan, Egypt , Iraq, and many other places Christians USED to dominate. Think, my friend, think.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by cuteboy2: 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
tit:
The NLC should fire this man immediately for dragging them into a issue they have no business with.

Next thing we know, Army generals and police commissioners will start opining on the criteria for political leadership.

I don't see anything wrong with the NLC VP's comments.

As an individual, and his capacity as an official of the prime labour organizations in Nigeria, I believe he every right just like the rest of us to hold and voice his opinion on who will run this country post-2015.

*WE ARE WATCHING * shocked cool shocked cool
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by tit(f): 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2014
Omimah:

You are always quick to be among the first people to comment on threads, but hardly make any coherent comment, thereby making others that come after you to bash you. You need to start thinking deep before making any comment. Na advice o.
In my secondary days I was told the NLC is one of the pressure groups during my classes on Pressure Groups in Government. I was told they try to influence, support any political party or idea in the build-up to an election that would drive home their yearnings. Telling the generals to do away with religious politics is not a bad idea.

Nigeria can never make progress if people like you are at the helm.
Notice, I never commented on the substance of the NLC vp's comment.
I only said NLC officials should never talk about politics.
You should realize the limits of the NLC.
It is a body for "organized labor".
When it is negotiating salaries with government, it does not affect the emoluments of the Fulani herdsman, the yeibo apprentice-trader or Yorubass nurtw thugs.
Comments such as this detracts from the mission of the NLC and could make the general public view them as a biased organization down the line.
Like I said how would you feel when army generals start opining about christian-chriatian and moslim-moslim candidates?
Wont you run?
Let us stop the bulls before they get out of the cage.

This issue is not about cutting the overblown civil servant wages and so far no party has said they would cut or raise wages, so i see no reason the NLC should be dragged into a partisan party issue it has no business with.
The NLC has to guard its image jealously and discourage its officials from making unguarded statements which could be misconstrued as NLC policy positions and that is enough reason to sanction this wide-loose-mouth vp.
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by Omimah: 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
tit:

Nigeria can never make progress if people like you are at the helm.
Notice, I never commented on the substance of the NLC vp's comment.
I only said NLC officials should never talk about politics.
You should realize the limits of the NLC.
It is a body for "organized labor".
When it is negotiating salaries with government, it does not affect the emoluments of the Fulani herdsman, the yeibo apprentice-trader or Yorubass nurtw thugs.
Comments such as this detracts from the mission of the NLC and could make the general public view them as a biased organization down the line.
Like I said how would you feel when army generals start opining about christian-chriatian and moslim-moslim candidates?
Wont you run?
Let us stop the bulls before they get out of the cage.

This issue is not about cutting the overblown civil servant wages and so far no party has said they would cut or raise wages, so i see no reason the NLC should be dragged into a partisan party issue it has no business with.
The NLC has to guard its image jealously and discourage its officials from making unguarded statements which could be misconstrued as NLC policy positions and that is enough reason to sanction this wide-loose-mouth vp.

Go read Pressure Groups in Government. You will see the means they adopt to drive home their demands.
On NLC being only for "organized labour" and negotiates salaries for them without the salaries having any effect on those outside the organized labour, you made a big mistake. The strike it and TUC called in 2011 over the removal of subsidy on PMS, was it ony for the benefit of the organized labour?
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by tit(f): 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2014
Omimah:

Go read Pressure Groups in Government. You will see the means they adopt to drive home their demands.
On NLC being only for "organized labour" and negotiates salaries for them without the salaries having any effect on those outside the organized labour, you made a big mistake. The strike it and TUC called in 2011 over the removal of subsidy on PMS, was it ony for the benefit of the organized labour?

The strike and such actions by NLC are when they loosely interpret their mission statement. It is a bit like The US invading Nigeria because BH is killing Nigerians.
Their primary duty is to protect the interests of card-carrying union members in employer-employee relationship. Sometimes the interests of card-carrying union members and the general public align. The unions may have simply elected to negotiate better conditions for their members wrt to the increment in petrol prices.

It would be ill-advised for the NLC to dream of morphing into the yellow-movement or moslim brotherhood that created instability in Ukraine and Egypt.
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by abdulabbakar(m): 5:43pm On Oct 29, 2014
Mogidi:

GEJ is the one dividing Nigeria along religious lines really? Where do you get your news, so GEJ was the one that pushed us into OIC, supported introduction of Sharia and backing Islamist insurgents at every turn?

By Dragging CAN into Govt affairs!
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by jomoh: 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2014
2cato:
"The problem of their age and the bankrupcy of their age idea"
barcanister egift gbawe obiagelli and other APC cyber BEDBUGS and Cyber RODENTS should come and convince us better as it as always been their wont. APC are going to do more harm than good with all this 70 something years old men that are bankrupt of idea only how to steal kill and cause cönfusion among mankind.

With your statement above, you have shown to anyone and everyone irrespective of their political affiliation that it is either you are suffering from lack of ability to comprehend or you're simply being hypocritical.

Let me help you a little. It is clear what the man is saying above in a simple and unambiguous statement is that, he doesn't care the Age, the Religion, the ethnic group of the aspirants as long as they are constitutionally qualified and credible enough to rule this country WELL.

So stop quoting out of context to suit your personal vendetta.

1 Like

Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by Omimah: 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
tit:

The strike and such actions by NLC are when they loosely interpret their mission statement. It is a bit like The US invading Nigeria because BH is killing Nigerians.
Their primary duty is to protect the interests of card-carrying union members in employer-employee relationship. Sometimes the interests of card-carrying union members and the general public align. The unions may have simply elected to negotiate better conditions for their members wrt to the increment in petrol prices.

It would be ill-advised for the NLC to dream of morphing into the yellow-movement or moslim brotherhood that created instability in Ukraine and Egypt.
Madam, I no com here com sell Oroki herb. The "organized labour" you claim NLC is protecting, as against those outside them, are they not made up of Nigerians?
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by tit(f): 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
Omimah:

. The strike it and TUC called in 2011 over the removal of subsidy on PMS, was it ony for the benefit of the organized labour?

This actually a good example of the danger the NLC is running.
This strike showed the general public disassociating itself with the so called public pressure group in the south-south, south-east and other parts of the country. those members of the general public that were lukewarm to NLC antics will even be more suspicious of them in the future.
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by Omimah: 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2014
tit:

This actually a good example of the danger the NLC is running.
This strike showed the general public disassociating itself with the so called public pressure group in the south-south, south-east and other parts of the country. those members of the general public that were lukewarm to NLC antics will even be more suspicious of them in the future.
It's only those that chose to lick the a55 of the FG that pulled out of the strike or didn't take part in the strike at all. Thank God you mentioned where they are from, the South East and the South South. They, especially the South East, have still not changed as could be seen in their support for Jonathan for 2015. The real heroes were in the South West and the north. If it were just the South East, we would have been paying more than what we are now paying for PMS.
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by kraftykc(m): 7:06pm On Oct 29, 2014
Mogidi:
@berem
@kraftykc

Rest of story here:http://allafrica.com/stories/200201210250.html

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/stop-killing-boko-haram-members-buhari-tells-fg/

There's your evidence, we didn't make it up.

Thanks, I appreciate your help in learning this about the general. It won't stop my support of him though and I knew about his statement of BH which I support (extrajudicial killings escalate conflicts), but its always good to know the shortcomings of those you support so you can try to correct them.
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by elokka: 9:31pm On Oct 29, 2014
Sir ,Nigeria today is not Nigeria in seventies. we have much religious problems especially in northern part of d country .any political pose in dis country need balancing.
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ololade1999:
something dey do u for head ni
Are you a fool?

1 Like

Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
Jasi7:

You are an idi.ot....
And your father is a fool.

1 Like

Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by Jasi7(m): 12:25am On Oct 30, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

And your father is a fool.

Look at d kind of name u give urself...r u not ashamed!...big for nothing son of a lazy and wretched man...
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by nestaberry: 1:11am On Oct 30, 2014
Whether na muslim-muslim or christian-christian what we need now is good governance and stop curruption in the land, who cares about religion should tell us what christian/muslim ticket has done better than this neglects and stealing from every arms of government.
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 30, 2014
Jasi7:

Look at d kind of name u give urself...r u not ashamed!...big for nothing son of a lazy and wretched man...
You want me to name myself son of jesus? Lucifer forbid i bear such dark and ignorant name. May leprosy run through my family if I ever bear such. Jesus, the great fool and masturbator, the illiterate carpenter, son of a LovePeddler Mary

Lucifer protect me from such foolishness.

1 Like

Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by vainfairy: 6:44am On Oct 30, 2014
tit:

Who b dis Abegi park wellfor romance section if u dnt knw what 2comment on, joor!!
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by millionaireman: 6:49am On Oct 30, 2014
Issa Aremu in hight of hypocrisy. He is not telling the truth, even to himself,
Re: NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row by ddeola: 7:17am On Oct 30, 2014
Yes o, those who voted with religious and tribal sentiments in the last presidential elections are biting their fingers.

What Nigeria needs are competent, honest, visionary, patriotic, detribalized, "de-religionalized" (I mean people with no sentiments for any religion), focussed, responsible, reliable, dependable, people with integrity, etc. men and women to help chart the course of this ship.

We are tired of all these thieves who are religious, tribalistic, "nepotistic", clueless, kleptomaniacs, vindictive, irresponsible, visionless, chop-I-chop, selfish people who parade themselves in leadership position.

Nigeria is bigger than all of them and we will surely be victorious. Nigeria will make it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kingsley Moghalu: Why Is Military In Orlu And Not Police? / Peter Obi In Bayelsa For The Burial Of Goodluck Jonathan's Elder Sister / Labour Party Factions Clash At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.