Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

It Will Come To You - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It Will Come To You (15187 Views)

On March 21st 2015 – Words Will Come Alive At #wordupvol9 / When The Queen Is Ready, The King Will Come. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Will Come To You by fareedah86: 8:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
Ummmmmmmm.....i think Dennis might be impotent,and he is not even aware. I seriously dnt like what ulo did,she messed up.i pray Dennis dsnt MURDER her when he finds out d twin boiz r not his...#istiildeyfollow...walai,nxt week toooooo far

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by Ice4jez(m): 10:41am On Dec 07, 2014
I love dis story

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by zyzxx(m): 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2014
dennis his sick, or did he use is man thing for me...

Touchmeder I enjoy d twist, tanks more wisdom ma'am.

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by fareedah86: 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
Oya now,update joooor....

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ice4jez:
I love dis story

Thanks
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2014
zyzxx:
dennis his sick, or did he use is man thing for me...

Touchmeder I enjoy d twist, tanks more wisdom ma'am.

I dunno! shocked

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2014
Another 5 months had gone by and today Dennis was playing with his children on the rug. He made funny sounds which made them giggle. Ulo looked on in admiration. It was nearly a year and tomorrow was going to be a big day for her.

She had an interview with a company on the island. She didn’t want to expect too much; little steps they say go a long way. She was grateful she had been shortlisted and was willing to work hard in order to revive a career she had only dreamt of.

Suddenly, she realized her husband had still not given her the marriage certificate. It was somewhere in his bedroom and because all her educational certificates were in her maiden name, it was important she included the former for events of this nature. She made a mental note to hold on to it, in order to avoid such delays in the future.

Then she cleared her throat and spoke softly, ''dear remember the certificate, I need it tonight. Remember we've spoken about this already.''

Dennis sighed like she was asking for the world. He tried to get up but obviously had a change of heart and spat out ''you are just wasting your time with this interview thing? The kids are here now. They need you more than ever before. I can't get up to look for that thing check the wardrobe or the drawers. It's somewhere around.''

She took everything he said with a pinch of salt. Nothing on earth was going to prevent her from attending the interview.

''The key please'' she said stretching out her hand. He searched his pocket and threw it on the ground. The children turned and looked in her direction; the sound of the key had startled them and the older one began to cry. Ulo picked the key and walked out without a word.
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2014
fareedah86:
Oya now,update joooor....

How are you? I know this one is not long but manage it. A longer update tomorrow.
Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by gal10(f): 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ewoooo ooo shockedshocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by zyzxx(m): 10:45am On Dec 09, 2014
touchmeder pls is it a true life story?

I like how smart Ulo is, and Ulo should try and work and a big savings so that if anytin apen she won't end up been poor again.

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by stonecoldcafe: 11:08am On Dec 09, 2014
zyzxx:
touchmeder pls is it a true life story?

I like how smart Ulo is, and Ulo should try and work and a big savings so that if anytin apen she won't end up been poor again.
Honestly she deserves all d money in d world incase the marriage packs up. She deserves 2b happy wit her kids. Hisssssss
Re: It Will Come To You by zyzxx(m): 11:16am On Dec 09, 2014
stonecoldcafe:
Honestly she deserves all d money in d world incase the marriage packs up. She deserves 2b happy wit her kids. Hisssssss
yes, dennis is a wicked man, y can't he come out clean to his wife, and find another way like adoption to solve it.
Re: It Will Come To You by fareedah86: 11:31am On Dec 09, 2014
Ummmmm...so I was write abt him being unable to impregnate a woman. but MEN sha...I go mange am o
Re: It Will Come To You by teamplayey: 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dennis ...
Maybe he does not know the significance of the test. Seriously

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:12pm On Dec 09, 2014
teamplayey:
Dennis ...
Maybe he does not know the significance of the test. Seriously

Really? LOL cheesy
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
The interviewers smiled and nodded as she spoke however, there was a slender white woman who had an indifferent look on her face. She was slim like a model and she had wispy blonde hair on her head. She had not asked a single question but was staring at Ulo’s CV with the concentration of a surgeon.

It seemed like she had a special role to play in the panel and this was confirmed when the only man in the group cleared his throat and addressed her ''Madam I think it's your turn''

Suddenly the white lady began asking questions in rapid French. Ulo was completely at ease and began chatting in fluent French while the other members of the panel looked on in admiration.

It took less than 7 minutes before the white woman finally smiled and this was followed by handshakes and the promise of a follow up call.

The white lady personally saw Ulo out of the building and asked more questions about how she learnt French and her time in Cameroun.

Coincidentally, she had lived there for years before moving to Nigeria. She seemed impressed and told Ulo her French was the best she had heard all week.

Ulo got into the back seat of her car exhausted but happy. The driver started the ignition as they headed back to the mainland.
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ulo was stunned, Dennis was watching her carefully from the moment she began speaking in French. He was always cautious whenever she spoke French with her sisters or mother but she never complained when he spoke to his relatives in his native language.

Ulo was so happy she didn’t notice the look on her husband's face ''I can start this minute but I'd be reasonable and say next week Monday.''

''I got the job!'' She shouted the moment she got off the phone, ''they said I can pick up my letter of employment tomorrow!''

Dennis chewed his food slowly while watching her ''you are joking right? We have spoken about this from the word go. You knew nothing would come out of it but you insisted on the interview. The children are …''

Ulo shook her head in disbelief ''I don’t believe you! Over eight years out of work, now I get one and that's all you can say? Not even congratulations to begin with. C'mon now, you want to talk about from the word go? Then let's talk about where you first met me. Yes, behind a reception desk but I was working and happily earning my peanuts. You never told me you would have issues with your wife working. You sprang that on me, the moment we got married.''
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dennis pushed his plate aside ''Ulo you know my stance on this issue, you can speak all the grammar you want, but I won't change my mind.''

She laughed and continued ''but I don’t need you to change your mind. I've made up my mind and I am telling you what I will do. You can't and will not stop me this time. I want my independence back, I want my sense of self worth and I want what you took from me. I am taking baby steps but by God, I will get there someday.''

Then she began sobbing in anger ''you have held me down long enough and I refuse to remain there. I didn’t leave the University as the best graduating student for nothing. I didn’t have a distinction in vain; my parents didn’t send me on those foreign trips for nothing. I won't take no for an answer this time.''

Dennis spat whatever he was chewing back into the plate and knocked it to the ground.

''Look at this woman! Look at the way you are crying, making a mountain out of a mole hill. If someone walks in now, they would think I am about to strangle you. You want the devil to use you on this fine day eh? Some women would give anything to trade places with you because there is nothing you lack. You name it: frequent trips abroad, a comfortable home, cars, cloths, jewellery- shame on you! Before you breathe, you know I give you. God has been faithful and blessed us with children and yet you refuse to bring them up?''
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dennis narrowed his eyes as the unspoken resounded clearly while Ulo stared at him, defiant as ever. He calmly walked out without a word. However, Dennis who was never one to give up had a change of heart and walked back almost immediately. ''I know nothing about all you just said. Your accusations are baseless and it is news to me. Give me time to think about your request.''

She said nothing in reply. This was a battle she had won already. She would give him the small respect of thinking he still had the final say although but they both knew he had lost.

Her husband still had his pride intact. He would rather die than admit he was not the father of her children. She was not a fool either; there could be implications for her as well.

She didn’t intend to use this to her advantage ever again. Besides, she said nothing and he admitted nothing. That was the purpose of the joker and it had achieved the desired result.

contd tmr

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by Plaitex(f): 10:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
thanks for the update. More power to ur elbow

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by gal10(f): 11:30pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hewooo shocked shocked these children of mine.. Ulo n Davis will not kill me ooo see politics exceptionale....
Re: It Will Come To You by seunviju(f): 11:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
Lovely story and you are really doing a great job.Thanks for the update
Re: It Will Come To You by stonecoldcafe: 10:00am On Dec 10, 2014
shocked Wow, wow, wow u kidding right?
Re: It Will Come To You by ADUKKY(f): 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
Wow, finally caught up. Touchmeder, this is a masterpiece. Welldone o

2 Likes

Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
o my goodness! touchmender ulo don open her eyes?thanks so much for this twist in the story. ka, if u push a sheep to the wall, it will definitely react and show that it also has feelings. i guess dennis never see this side of his wife before undecided.

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
ADUKKY:
Wow, finally caught up. Touchmeder, this is a masterpiece. Welldone o

Yeah thanks.
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2014
lenmafon:
o my goodness! touchmender ulo don open her eyes?thanks so much for this twist in the story. ka, if u push a sheep to the wall, it will definitely react and show that it also has feelings. i guess dennis never see this side of his wife before undecided.

Hello dear not seen you in a wee while hope you've been okay. Yeah lets just say Ulo don tear eye.

@Plaitex, Seunviju,Stonecold,Gal10, teamplayey, zyzxx and everyone else thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Summary Of The Gods Are Not To Blame By Ola Rotimi / Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.