Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,451 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos (58966 Views)

Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard / 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why / 13 Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by hellovee(m): 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
You are very correct infact that mile 2 area was very close to my bus stop alakija.Although despite I traveled at night sometimes along that side I have not been attacked by anyone but I have seen many ppu falling victim in one min way or d other and their was a day I was going somwia early in the morning I found an empty woman purse and an intern a national passport belonging to a lady.I took it to the nearby I negation office anyway but who knows wot cud have happen to her
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by uboma(m): 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
komek:
@Op, where did u ghet this info from? Was this thread created if yes, Op must be on the influence of something. U will just sit in ur father's living room with a Techno fone to type the imagination of ur hrt. And the Mod will sharply bring it to front page.

Yes Lag was that bad at a time, not now again. Pls stop scaring pple away from Lag. The things u mentioned about these bustops are all lies, except that Agboju axis to Volks and soon those things u mentioned wuld stop around those axis.

Those bustops are not as bad as u dey portray for here abeg.

Must you display your level of ignorance here too? I piri you.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by uboma(m): 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
opendo21:
The truth is, No matter where you are in Lagos, Just be careful, Always be at alert and avoid dark and lonely areas at night.
May God continue to keep us safe.

True talk...
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Pamcrest(f): 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
olaezebala:
Shine ur eyes for Obalende too o. Was coming from CMS around 9 one day dropped @ Obalende to enter my Iyana Oworo jeje na so someone just canvas me from behind like two guys rushed to help me up. Wen I moved forward alittle I realized my phone was gone. I looked back and couldn't see the samaritans anymore. Dem don network my dullness. so since den if I drop @ Obalende en, na to jog my way to where I go enter oworo bus o.

grin grin this cracked me up. I apologise for your travail
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by uboma(m): 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
obekah:
. Rubbish !!!.... Seems you don't know your right !!! You post rubbish , thinking you are helping issues!! I do not know how old you are sha.... Buh I think as a gallant youth ,we should be campaigning to the appropriate authourities to come to our aide through awareness campaign... SSS , NPF , e'tals should mounted @ these stratigic location..

Come to think of it .... How do expect me to protect myself To buy a pistol for myself I guess,, or carry sword everywhere I go abi

Lousy state !!! Lousy youth !!! I expected more funny post ... C'mon u r smarter than this bruh.

The essence of this thread is to alert people to be ever cautious wherever they are in Lagos and to also serve as an awareness campaign to our security agents and the FG at large. Except you dont understand the meaning of the term 'awareness campaign'.

Grow up son and stop exposing the height of ignorance in you.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by uboma(m): 6:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
JeffreyJamez:
did i just see 1st gate?!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked no more going to Oasis at night again!!!!!

lol
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by uboma(m): 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
drlawizle:
Reminds me of a time in Ile-Ife when I was just coming back from a club & a violent looking one-eyed man just crossed to the lonely street I was walking..a young okada

man had just dropped me off..den d scruffy guy just asked me to drop...I looked @ okada man for intervention & the man just told the okada guy if he doesnt want to lose

his life now he should just shut the f*uck up(in yoruba)..as I saw the okada guy melt na so I just begin comedy..."ah baba agba! I no know sey nah you, haba see one leg up

for you nah, my 2hands dey up for you baba twale! If I fit carry my other leg up sef make I remain for air I go do am oh!" Nah so the man laugh sotey he just collect

50naira and personally bodyguard me till I reach house d@ night...these guhs can make you do silly things I tell ya!

That was a smart move on your part. But be careful next time.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by uboma(m): 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
crowntoro:
Just be at alert at all times anywhere you find yourself even outside Lagos.

True talk....
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by uboma(m): 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
magicfingers009:
OP: Add the following
1. Oshodi Pedestrian Bridge. They tear open ur bag or confront you if they size you up.
2. Inside the old train: You will be robbed and no one wud come to ur rescue.
3. Adeniji Bustop 3MB
4. Idi oro Mushin
5.. Festac
6. Iganmu esp National Theatre.
7. Orile
8. Bariga roundabout. This however, is seasonal

Thanks for updating the list
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by uboma(m): 6:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
lastpage:

Dont mind these SHAMELESS POLICE FARCE!

They are able to tell us where "dangerous armed robbers" are .......but are not able to apprehend them?

This begs the question: is it that they are incapable of performing their role in the society (in which case they should be disbanded and other agencies ready to do the job, be empowered)....

Or is it that they themselves are the ones responsible or at the least encouraging these criminals and their activities?

*We have heard true stories and witnessed where Police "loan" guns and bullets to armed robbers.
*We have seen (at Okota) where Policemen from Lekki came to rob homes at Okota only to suddenly show their I.D and call it "secret operation" when occupants brought out their own guns and during exchange of gunfire, the "armed robbers" were overpowered .... and they turned to be "Police men"!
*We have seen over and over where Policemen shoot and kill unarmed civilians when they forcefully demand money from them and the 'egunje' is not forthcoming!
*We have seen Policemen murder young people randomly, when picked up for "wondering", ....right in front of their house!

Policemen have done EXACTLY the same things that armed robbers, thugs, street urchins are noted for...

So, IS THE NIGERIAN POLICEMAN AN "OFFICIAL EQUIVALENT" OF THE ARMED ROBBERS?

At least we dont have to pay salary and buy weapons for the armed robbers, they work 'hard' for their loot...

Lastpage!

Food for thought...
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
uboma:

The essence of this thread is to alert people to be ever cautious wherever they are in Lagos and to also serve as an awareness campaign to our security agents and the FG at large. Except you dont understand the meaning of the term 'awareness campaign'.

Grow up son and stop exposing the height of ignorance in you.

Do not throw pearls before swines.. there will always be ignorant dolts on Nairaland.. best to ignore them and continue spreading the message

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by CBNIM: 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
chimkaire:
I was robbed there. Not speaking for anyone else. Why are you countering me? Is being robbed at gunpoint a pride? Geeeez sad
Me too! That day was like film for my eyes. Thank God one of my colleagues was around as at that moment to lend me the t.fare I use waka that evening oo, if not I know no how I for use leg from Anthony reach Isolo, lol.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by uboma(m): 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
tsolz600:

Well said,i hope the OP is not just trying to raise false alarm because I see no link to support his story..

False alarm ke? Have you been reading others bitter experiences in some of the areas listed? And u still call it false alarm.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by jidxin(m): 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
yhemrite:
I concur with Estate Alapere....I reside there...
big lie ...

.dey don't rub der ...I stay close to that place beside area H police station is very close by
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by LtCZAR: 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
@OP nice topic
But FYI if you are hacked Under brigde - Mile2 ( on badagry express way) Jst find you way to Church Bus stop oldOjo road.

You won't Be suprise to see someone asking to to buy back your lost vauable.

That's Church Bustop for You
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by uboma(m): 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
PStacks:

What is the purpose of this rubbish thread..?

U said u don't even stay in Lagos, so what's ur business?

You can't stay outside of lagos and be telling where and where is dangerous in lagos unless u are an enemy of the state..

Rubbish. Mtcheeew!

You must be one of those touts who lurk in dark places and under the bridges waiting foryour next victim. how else can i explain your bitterness and fraustration upon seeing this thread? You should have simply uncheck this thread instead of exposing yourself.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by uboma(m): 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
iheneme:
Your argument is rubbish, your grammar even more dangerous than those bus-stops the OP mentioned.

So you noticed his poor grammar too. I thought i was the only one who noticed it...
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by jsurg(m): 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
AdeniyiA:
And. Fashola is working?
seriously the performances of our political leaders are over hyped undecided

Rubbishh...... was fashola the cus of dis, u need to know the rate of crime in lag b4,den u would no dat fashola is really working
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
uboma:

That was a smart move on your part. But be careful next time.

Pls gimme hints on how to be careful next time bro..

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 03, 2014
uboma:

Must you display your level of ignorance here too? I piri you.

Dont mind him, , perhaps he's one of the hoodlums & he's angry we're spoiling market for him.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
Missmossy:
Thanks for sharing,i follow just one of the route once in a blue moon.

Why dont you say the name of the route instead of saying "one of the routes"?

Make "omo ayee" boys no come track you abi? angry grin
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Isiterere(m): 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
rezzy:

You ar just lucky. Abule osun, underbridge, agric and volk along badagry expressway used to be terrible those days dont knw for now. Once there is hold up, before u say jack robbinson, u will be the only one left in the bus, even conductor would be the first to vamooz
those days Jare; nothing of such again.
The op should not raise false alarm.

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
CBNIM:

Me too! That day was like film for my eyes. Thank God one of my colleagues was around as at that moment to lend me the t.fare I use waka that evening oo, if not I know no how I for use leg from Anthony reach Isolo, lol.
Hmmmm na so e do me naa cry. They made away with my handbag, a big one at that. My two phones were in it and other valuables. Was left with the N200 I brought out for t-fare. I cried all the way home cry embarassed. All consolations were like Folklore to me as I would leave my "consolers" to go cry some more sad. Aaaaah! And they disappeared into the dark ooooo. This was right in front of that Horticultural Garden. It's well, got a berra phone a few days after (my birthday) embarassed sad
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
pamcode:
i don dey look u since u and ur fucking france.dey bobo urself u hear,nonsense mugun

You call yourself pamcode but you no code anything..I wonder how your "f" word escaped the mods bowlderization.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by pamcode(m): 9:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
drlawizle:

You call yourself pamcode but you no code anything..I wonder how your "f" word escaped the mods bowlderization.
i dey code things die bros and i don code say you just dey joke no vex
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by IYANGBALI: 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
Now I know where to take my stubborn boy friend for shopping this weekend,I need to teach him some lessons.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
pamcode:
i dey code things die bros and i don code say you just dey joke no vex

Small thing...no qualms bro.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by uboma(m): 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
IYANGBALI:
Now I know where to take my stubborn boy friend for shopping this weekend,I need to teach him some lessons.

Ah!!! Abeg no kill another woman pickin o! Piri am for my sake ejo.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by uboma(m): 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
drlawizle:

Pls gimme hints on how to be careful next time bro..

My brother, na only God dey save oooo. You were just lucky the other time. Just avoid late night waka if e no dey too necessary.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by OMA4U(m): 9:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
The list is not complete if Yaba environ is not added.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by gbrown(m): 10:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
uboma:
The Nigerian Police Force has advised all residents and visitors to Lagos be wary of these locations to avoid falling victims to violent crimes.

I dont reside in Lagos so i dont even know most of these places. However for the residents in Lagos, please contribute by listing out the areas that are mostly and less prone to robbery attack and possibly safe alternative routes one can take to his destination.

1. Estate bus stop at Ketu-Alapere: Attacks are
carried-out both day and night

2. Berger bus stop (along OPIC - Ibadan
Expressway): Criminals attack victims with guns
on the long bridge and in traffic jams

3. First Gate junction - Agidingbi: Robbery point

4. Boundary bus stop in Ajegunle: Popularly
referred to as the 'one million boys' gang territory
where criminals attack passengers in vehicles

5. Ijora bus stop: Notorious spot for gang-rape;
abduction in buses (popularly known as 'one
chance',

6. Mile 2 Oke: Hammers, knives, guns are used
to rob motorists in traffic jam

7. Church bus stop - Agboju Mile 2 (Badagry
expressway): Haven for street urchins

8. Agric bus stop - Mile 2: Notorious area for
buried arms that are used for robbery operations in the area

9. Abulosu bus stop along Mile 2 - Badagry
expressway: Drivers conspire with thugs to attack
victims

10. Apongbon bus stop: Hotbed of 'one-chance'
bus attacks

11. School bus stop, along Mba - Mile 2 road in
Ajegunle: Use of jack-knives and other weapons on
victims

12. Bamboo area along Oworonsoki - Ibadan
Expressway: a dangerous spot about 100 meters
from Alapere Housing Estate Bus stop

Please try as much as possible to avoid all the
bus stops listed above when you can. If you find
yourself around any of these bus stops, ensure the
following:

* If you are a passenger or driving your own
vehicle, stay alert and do not display priced
possessions - mobile phones and devices; jewelry;
cash.

* Wind-up your windows and remain alert
when driving.

* Drive faster in these areas but please
consider your safety and the safety of other road-
users by keeping to speed limits.

Safe driving to everyone in Lagos (both visitors anr residents).

You did not mention NCI bus stop at gbagada, that place is notorious,I watched an estate female resident crushed to death as she ran for her life when attacked ,you did not mention OSHODI SHALE, my brother , how they managed to remove #5000 from my pocket is still a mystery
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Sike(m): 11:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
So which bustops would be safe then. @Op, mention the safest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Lagos Will Look In 2030 - Photo! / Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her / Man Hangs On A Lady's Bonnet From Ikoyi To VI Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.