Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (874670 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Leechicomtravel: 8:55am On May 20, 2017
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 4:02pm On May 20, 2017
phemie08:
Hello guys, please where are those who applied to Euro Academy? Can we have a whatsapp group chat where we can help ourselves where necessary with information. I think it'll be better
bro thats not allowed.. you may get blocked if you bring that kind of suggestion again
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ebonyeyes88(f): 4:33pm On May 20, 2017
Umuks:
I will like to go through Egypt route.....please enlighten us the more...... please bro

happy birthday

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by skytrek(m): 5:04pm On May 20, 2017
tobzzy:
i got my visa from Abuja embassy and they never ask me for NDLEA... just get all your document together and go for your interview... wish you luck

Boss,please which documents did you go with?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by zerozeroone: 5:18pm On May 20, 2017
phemie08:
Hello guys, please where are those who applied to Euro Academy? Can we have a whatsapp group chat where we can help ourselves where necessary with information. I think it'll be better

Have you done your Skype interview yet?.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by our9ja: 6:40pm On May 20, 2017
Saw this post @ the Canada thread and I decided to copy and share here ....Share your surviving tips here. . .

-How did you get your part-time job . .

-Cheap student accommodation . .

-How do you call home cheaply . .

Ask your questions here and if there is something missing on the list then suggest and it will be added.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 8:25pm On May 20, 2017
our9ja:
Saw this post @ the Canada thread and I decided to copy and share here ....Share your surviving tips here. . .

-How did you get your part-time job . .

-Cheap student accommodation . .

-How do you call home cheaply . .

Ask your questions here and if there is something missing on the list then suggest and it will be added.
are there really any needs for this type of questions in this thread?
one getting a part-time job in Estonia is not a difficult thing...
two almost all universities in Estonia provide accommodation for their fresh students except Euro academy...
three there are different ways of calling home starting from skype, Rebtel, telbo and other mobile voip applications..
what we really need to talk about in here is how people will apply to Estonia universities, get the admission and guide them through visa process.. talking about the three things you have listed above will just divert this thread attention, please do not misunderstand me i just dont want the thread to be derailed wink

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by our9ja: 9:09pm On May 20, 2017
No Problem bro thanks for your info
tobzzy:

are there really any needs for this type of questions in this thread?
one getting a part-time job in Estonia is not a difficult thing...
two almost all universities in Estonia provide accommodation for their fresh students except Euro academy...
three there are different ways of calling home starting from skype, Rebtel, telbo and other mobile voip applications..
what we really need to talk about in here is how people will apply to Estonia universities, get the admission and guide them through visa process.. talking about the three things you have listed above will just divert this thread attention, please do not misunderstand me i just dont want the thread to be derailed wink

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 9:54pm On May 20, 2017
our9ja:
No Problem bro thanks for your info
its nothing we are on same side.. make all of una update us about your application process/ visa ish... i will be glad to help

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by our9ja: 9:59pm On May 20, 2017
I book appointment with the Indian Embassy July 3 in their Lagos embassy and I remember you said that Abuja embassy does not require NDLEA ..so i have to change my appointment from Lagos to Abuja embassy ?
tobzzy:
its nothing we are on same side.. make all of una update us about your application process/ visa ish... i will be glad to help
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by skylane: 10:15pm On May 20, 2017
Guddevning house,please I want to make general enquiries about estonia,like if someone wants to pursue mSc dere,how is is like,the process,how much wud one need to have in account,hw easy is it to get the visa,and how is the living condition there,wud it be easy to migrate from there to other european countries?

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 10:49pm On May 20, 2017
our9ja:
I book appointment with the Indian Embassy July 3 in their Lagos embassy and I remember you said that Abuja embassy does not require NDLEA ..so i have to change my appointment from Lagos to Abuja embassy ?
India embassy may sometimes ask for NDLEA cert either Lagos or Abuja.. it depends on you and your luck.. so i will advice to get all your docs together and pray about it.. wish you best of luck

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mavinc4u(f): 7:56am On May 21, 2017
Ifeanyie12:
@mavinc4u, pls if you are in Awka, i would like us to see. i really need help with my online registration. we could also chat on whatsapp, my number is 08030799868

Guy you be witch? How do you know that am in Anambra State at the moment. I was at Awka yesterday for a wedding. I will add you on whatsapp.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by OJOAYODEJI(m): 1:46pm On May 21, 2017
tobzzy:
i got my visa from Abuja embassy and they never ask me for NDLEA... just get all your document together and go for your interview... wish you luck

How much was ur expenses at India embassy at Abuja.
Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 2:03pm On May 21, 2017
OJOAYODEJI:

How much was ur expenses at India embassy at Abuja.
Thanks
i dont understand what you mean by expenses... all you need to pay is the visa fee if the consular approve your application.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by phemie08(m): 2:10pm On May 21, 2017
I have done my Skype interview and paid the required fee. Infact, I've been sent the conditional acceptance letter. So I've scheduled an appointment at the Indian embassy at Abuja for June 1.
zerozeroone:

Have you done your Skype interview yet?.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by OJOAYODEJI(m): 2:27pm On May 21, 2017
tobzzy:
i dont understand what you mean by expenses... all you need to pay is the visa fee if the consular approve your application.

Plz, how much was d visa application fee and are u to pay after u have visited d embassy or on point of collection of visa.
Plz, I want to be sure so I can know if am to go with d money when visiting d embassy. Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 21, 2017
OJOAYODEJI:

Plz, how much was d visa application fee and are u to pay after u have visited d embassy or on point of collection of visa.
Plz, I want to be sure so I can know if am to go with d money when visiting d embassy. Thanks

When were you giving conditional offer ?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by phemie08(m): 2:55pm On May 21, 2017
The visa fee is $252. And you're too pay it when your visa has been approved there. So, you'll pick it up in a week. So I heard
OJOAYODEJI:

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 21, 2017
phemie08:
I have done my Skype interview and paid the required fee. Infact, I've been sent the conditional acceptance letter. So I've scheduled an appointment at the Indian embassy at Abuja for June 1.
When were you giving conditional offer ?[/quote]
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 3:50pm On May 21, 2017
OJOAYODEJI:

the visa fee is $252 and you have to pay immediately your visa is approved... then you go back for the collection of your passport and visa in one week.. you don't need to go with US dollars but with its Naira equivalent.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by shadeslove4real(f): 4:13pm On May 21, 2017
tobzzy:
the visa fee is $252 and you have to pay immediately your visa is approved... then you go back for the collection of your passport and visa in one week.. you don't need to go with US dollars but with its Naira equivalent.

Pls is it at black market rate or bank official rate?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 8:19pm On May 21, 2017
shadeslove4real:

its somehow in between black market rate and official rate.. But not at official rate

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by phemie08(m): 9:43pm On May 21, 2017
After I made the prepayment of the tuition fees.
Topet124:

When were you giving conditional offer ?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 21, 2017
phemie08:
After I made the prepayment of the tuition fees.
No I mean the offer before interview
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by DimmyCho(m): 7:20am On May 22, 2017
shadeslove4real:

n

Hi Shade, pls can we chat? I do have fee questions ..
Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by phemie08(m): 7:56am On May 22, 2017
Topet124:

No I mean the offer before interview

I was sent offer of admission last week Monday and scheduled a Skype interview for me on Tuesday.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Boblee: 8:23am On May 22, 2017
@kingAviii ....

boss I hail you ooo am still waiting for the Skype interview and I applied same course as you economy and business administration (MBA) @ euroacademy

Abeg make we connect via WhatsApp :08038863263
Cheers mate wink wink
Thanks

KingAviii:
It's been a while
I posted on this platform. My admission was deferred since last year because my transcript arrived Euroacademy late. Finally I did my Skype interview with the Dean of Business faculty today and it was successful. She asked few questions like:

1. How did you find out about this institution?

2. Why Estonia?

3. Why Economy and Business administration?

4. You know you don't have an embassy in Nigeria. Where would you like us to send your certificate of enrolment, so you can get your TRP?
Ans. London, UK

5. I hope you know that an invoice of 300 euro would be sent to you? Are you ready to pay
Ans. Yes I'm ready to pay

Do you have any questions?

Finally she said make sure you arrive Estonia latest 1st of September.

The interview lasted 6minutes. That's was all

For those still waiting for Skype interview, be patient as you would recieve a date and time for the interview very soon.

Is anybody going through UK route?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 8:35am On May 22, 2017
[s]Hello everyone. I am currently in New Delhi. My appointment with Estonian embassy was 16th of Jan. I was asked to pick up my visa on 23rd of January.[/s] The process was also as straight forward as my Abuja Embassy was. Visa fee is 5705 rupees. TRP fee is 5705 rupees.

Interview Questions;

What are you studying?
What is your specialization?
Which University are you studying?
When is your program starting?
Sir kindly make visa payment of 5705 rupees.
(after payment)
Enjoy your studies.

Documents I submitted;

Visa form
TRP form (if you are studying for less than 6 months, you do not need to apply for this)
Data of close relative form
Bank statement
Bank letter of reference
Admission letter
Int'l passport (also make photocopy)
Flight itinerary
Proof of Accommodation (if you applied for student dorm and you got an e-mail from them, use it)
Two passport photograph
University, secondary and primary school certificates
Health insurance certificate
Sworn affidavit (saying that you will buy another health insurance in Estonia if the need arises)
Affidavit of sponsorship
Printed copy of e-mail from your school to the embassy
Copy of appointment booking
Any other document (No harm in having more documents than required)

NOTE:
When traveling, remember to carry all your original documents. Make sure you put them in hand luggage when boarding a flight. Do not check-in your documents. My checked in luggage got missing on transit. It arrived Delhi four days later. My experience here so far has not been pleasant. But anyway the city itself is nice and living expenses is comparable to Nigeria.

Change your cash in Nigeria to euro, pound or usd before traveling, then when you get to India you can convert to Rupee.

Nor think say na only people on Nairaland dey go Estonian embassy in India ooooo. When I got there on the 16th, we were 5 Nigerians there out of 10 persons in the office and many of them told me they are not on this forum.

I wish you all good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 8:38am On May 22, 2017
Hello everyone in the process of visa application. You probably have a lot of ideas, rumors and plans in your mind. Do not be weighed down. The process is not as difficult as many Nairalanders portray it to be. I had my visa interview on December 29, 2016 at Indian Embassy in Abuja. It was successful and[s] I was asked to come for visa collection this week[/s]. As a way of showing appreciation for all the information available to me through Nairaland, I have decided to give a step by step guide to India visa application. Please note in this guide that this is just my personal experience. It may not apply in all cases. Some of the documents I submitted may not be required but there is no penalty for submitting more documents than required.
Let me tell you a little about my case; I am currently enrolled in a PhD programme here in Nigeria. I want to spend 5 months in Estonia to carry out part of my PhD project. I got a scholarship which will cover my travel cost and living expenses for the duration of my research in Estonia. I will be studying in the University of Tartu.

List of documents I submitted for Indian visa in Abuja;
Visa application form (the one that has your visa appointment date on it)
International passport ( Old passport and the new passport if you have any expired passport)
Photocopy of data page of international passport
Admission letter
Scholarship letter
Letter from Estonian university to Indian embassy
Yellow fever card (I just included it)
Bank account statement (I used a sponsor; Your sponsor should be your relation with the same surname otherwise you may need to prove your relationship if you use someone else)
Hotel reservation (reserve a hotel in India where you will stay when you go there to apply for Estonian visa. Do not pay for the hotel yet)
Flight reservation (Do not pay yet. Depending on your plan. I reserved Lagos to India, India to Estonia, Estonia to Lagos. Have in mind the date you plan to travel to India, duration of study and how you want to travel; remember you appointment date with Estonia embassy)
Authenticated copies of my primary, secondary school certificate, B.Sc. and M.Sc. results and transcripts
Letter of sponsorship (signed by my sponsor)
A copy of booked Estonia visa appointment
Age declaration (Because I do not have a birth certificate)
Sponsor’s affidavit (Signed in the law court or by a lawyer)
NYSC certificate
Any other document you think may help support your application.

Visa interview question;
Where do you work?
Where did you come from?
Why do you want to go to India?
What do you want to study?
What is your specialization?
My answer; Geochemistry
What is geochemistry?
How did you apply for the scholarship?
Have you been to India before?
He signed on my form and asked me to go make visa payment and do biometric.
During the biometric, I was asked to tell them the date of my Estonian visa appointment.
After the biometric, [s]I was told to come back this week Thursday to pick up my visa[/s].
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 8:41am On May 22, 2017
Filling of Visa Document:

First go to the Indian embassy website and fill the visa form. Choose entry visa as the visa type. Have a white background passport to upload to the online form (fill a new visa form if you make any mistake after submitting the form online).

Next book appointment online (you will not be able to change this date in the future). Choose a date after you have considered your date of resumption, and how long it will take you to get all the required documents. After filling, print it out and sign. Attach two passports to the form using a liquid gum (make sure your passports meet the specification. Photographers at the embassy gate can help you with that).

Next fill Estonian Long stay D visa online (It is a 13 page online shenghen visa form. It will be converted to long stay D visa when you get to Estonian embassy in India). Then book an appointment online (You will be able to change this date later if necessary). Note that it takes about one week for your India visa to be ready. So choose a date at least one week after your India visa appointment date.

Next fill Temporary resident permit form (it is a downloadable pdf) and Close relatives form (also pdf).

Tell your Estonian university to send an e-mail to Indian embassy in Abuja and Estonian embassy in India informing them of your admission. Ask them to also copy you so you can have a copy of the letter too.

Buy swisscare studentpass Estonia health insurance package. Make sure not to buy less than the minimum duration required for your programme.

Helpful tips;
If you are looking for website to book flight reservation try Yatra.com
If you are looking for website to book hotel reservation try bookings.com
You can use a GTBank dollar master card to pay for swisscare health insurance (Just select pay by credit card)
Get the best deals on flight when you book at shoppingsherlock.com
Search and apply for scholarships and grants. For masters and PhD students check out the Estonian Dora Plus Scholarship.
Consider the financial cost of schooling abroad before making your application.
Visit the embassy before your appointment date. The photographers and agents at the gate will be able to tell you what documents to submit. You need not pay them. Just gist with them and learn from them.
Print and photocopy all necessary documents before going to the embassy. The photographers at the gate will charge you 1,000 naira to print a page and 50 naira to photocopy.
Go to the embassy with all your original certificates and documents.

Good luck.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by shadeslove4real(f): 11:32am On May 22, 2017
DimmyCho:
n

Hi Shade, pls can we chat? I do have fee questions ..
Thanks

Hello, as suggested by tobzzy u can throw the few questions here and let the guru answer them. Hope that is OK?

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.