Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,850 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage (4438 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Help!!! Her Husband's Physique Does Not Turn Her On / He Wants To Kill Me With Marathon Sex —wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by nicechic(f): 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ladies in the house. What will be your reaction if ur fiance' doesn't want you to secure a gov't job when he marries you?
Well,he feels he has all it takes to take care of u and d kids, and wit the flimzy excuse that men will be disturbing u at ur place of work.
He rather prefers to plant you in a shop or supermarket, after all the stress of studying hard to pass in the university. Thereby rendering ur certificate useless.

Ladies, would you go ahead with the engagement? And guys....what's ur take on it?
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by freecocoa(f): 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hmm, right now honestly, I'm more worried about the line of thought that other men would be disturbing me at my place of work, than anything else.

So men won't come to the supposed supermarket? Or will he also ban me from talking to any man abi wetin exactly?

10 Likes

Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 29, 2014
Mtcheeeew

Do such men still exist in this
hard times

He can as well open a 'Strictly for women' Plaza for all me cares.

My certificate must be useful

Btw Op,is it the supermarket part that will/is turning her to a robot?

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
If he refunds my father the money he used for school fees, book expenses and living expenses while i was in university then i will definitely run the little shop or supermarket undecided

8 Likes

Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by Kbabie(f): 2:44pm On Oct 29, 2014
He clearly wants to CONTROL your life. If its not the way you envisioned your life, take a hike.

10 Likes

Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by arck1: 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2014
The first thing a potential controller/ abuser will do is to take FINACIAL POWER from his wife undecided . IMO.

He may not later established a kiosk for you talkless of a shop or super market wink with same story of guys will be coming to buy things from you there.

#thinkwell

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by dre11(m): 6:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
That kind of man is insecure and doesn't wants his wife to be fulfilled

Why would I mortgages the happiness of someone just to please mah ego and insecurities

Let her work and bring something to the table to make useful for herself and the people around her.. ..

She loose honour and respect when she is viewed as someone who depend on her husband for a living and existence

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by lertee(f): 6:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
He is not married to you and he is already talking about you being a housewife when you are married?
If his only reason is that men will disturb you then he is not ready to be with a woman cos even housewives have toasters,unless you remain indoor from morning till night all day of the week.
Moreover,which rules states that you can't do salary job and still run a supermarket?
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by Kanwulia: 7:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
Only in places like Nigeria can women be "planted" in bedrooms or shops!
Happy germination ladies! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by edwife(f): 7:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
...hmmm....
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
There is no way I would marry such a man.

My partner knows how much I love what I do and I have his full support.
He is the first I ask for advice when I need it.
We respect each other's ambitions, we don't stand in each other's way.
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by ireneidiva(f): 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2014
God forbid
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by beeevan: 7:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
If such a man is the last man standing, i did rather be in the convent.

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
beeevan:
If such a man is the last man standing, i did rather be in the convent.

But being a robot isn't a bad idea, is it?

At least you'll get to live till the end of time cos robots don't die. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by beeevan: 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2014
shymexx:

I can't be anyone's robot and have no plans of living till the end of time cool
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2014
nicechic:
Ladies in the house. What will be your reaction if ur fiance' doesn't want you to secure a gov't job when he marries you?
Well,he feels he has all it takes to take care of u and d kids, and wit the flimzy excuse that men will be disturbing u at ur place of work.
He rather prefers to plant you in a shop or supermarket, after all the stress of studying hard to pass in the university. Thereby rendering ur certificate useless.

Ladies, would you go ahead with the engagement? And guys....what's ur take on it?

The man has clearly stated what he wants/ his vision. It is either the woman takes it or leave it.

She should be happy the man made his intentions known before marriage

4 Likes

Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by dahmie2013: 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2014
D man dat will tell me not 2 work, hasn't been born!
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by malaria(f): 8:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
shymexx:

now u just made my day.
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by EfemenaXY: 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
bukatyne:

The man has clearly stated what he wants/ his vision. It is either the woman takes it or leave it.

She should be happy the man made his intentions known before marriage

Precisely.

It's now up to her to air her views now and see if they can both work towards an amicable solution. Now is the time for her to make her voice heard loud and clear. Pre-marriage and not post-marriage.

Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead with such a man. Your "better" half should help you reach for the stars, and not smother you before you've even started.

Her choice though.

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by smartmom(f): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hmm angry She should beware! smacks of abuse to me!
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by kandiikane(m): 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
Kanwulia:
Only in places like Nigeria can women be "planted" in bedrooms or shops!
Happy germination ladies! grin

Lol grin
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by bukatyne(f): 9:10pm On Oct 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Precisely.

It's now up to her to air her views now and see if they can both work towards an amicable solution. Now is the time for her to make her voice heard loud and clear. Pre-marriage and not post-marriage.

Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead with such a man. Your "better" half should help you reach for the stars, and not smother you before you've even started.

Her choice though.

Don't be surprised that she will marry him and 3yrs later start crying that her hubby does not want her to work
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
So what is she still doing there?
Man don talk his own finish, its now left for her to accept or reject it.
Na by force to marry d man?

I remembered when i was jst fresh from secondary school, na so one omata(trader)come meet me say him wan marry me. First of all, i dont want a graduate, u wont trade, i dont like hairdressing(they gossip a lot).
I only want. To learn how to sew.period.
This guy no even ask if i wanna school or ,infact, he didnt want me to object and he was so confident in himself eeh cheesy
Na so i calculate(was still a good gal then)how i go reject am, i come tell am say make he go meet my mama.
D rest was simple.

As i no get mouth answer am then, i quickly shifted everything to my mum and still maintain my innocent look kiss
Mothers have suffered o cheesy

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
bukatyne:

Don't be surprised that she will marry him and 3yrs later start crying that her hubby does not want her to work

Let's give her the benefit of doubt at this stage. But she really needs to ask herself is this: what do I really want from this relationship, and why am I with him?
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 29, 2014
beeevan:

I can't be anyone's robot and have no plans of living till the end of time cool

Lol, I hear that.

Anyway, I was just messing about. However, in as much as the man has to be the de-facto head of the house (except he is a mangina), and that is non-negotiable. Women are also human beings, and they deserve some respect just like every other human being out there.

And in this case, as the soul mate, then the woman has to have a say, and be given the privilege to question the authority from time to time, without disrespecting the authority. Her opinions should always be considered, with the brainstorming approach cos two will always be better than one.

Regardless, I don't think any decent guy in today's world would want a robot as a wife, to be honest.
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by edwife(f): 10:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
shymexx:

Lol, I hear that.

Anyway, I was just messing about. However, in as much as the man has to be the de-facto head of the house (except he is a mangina), and that is non-negotiable. Women are also human beings, and they deserve some respect just like every other human being out there.

And in this case, as the soul mate, then the woman has to have a say, and be given the privilege to question the authority from time to time, without disrespecting the authority. Her opinions should always be considered, with the brainstorming approach cos two will always be better than one.

Regardless, I don't think any decent guy in today's world would want a robot as a wife, to be honest.

Don't be too sure about that...
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 29, 2014
edwife:

Don't be too sure about that...

Working as part of a team is like part of everyone's life these days. At work, in school with group-work etc.. And brainstorming is a norm, with "what do you think?" as part of our vocabulary.

Then again, it also depends on the level of respect you have for your partner, and her opinions.
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by edwife(f): 11:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
shymexx:

Working as part of a team is like part of everyone's life these days. At work, in school with group-work etc.. And brainstorming is a norm, with "what do you think?" as part of our vocabulary.

Then again, it also depends on the level of respect you have for your partner, and her opinions.

There lies the answer.....***respect***

Some men still have the mindset of being the only breadwinner and as such making all the decisions regarding the family alone without their partner opinions....
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
edwife:

There lies the answer.....***respect***

Some men still have the mindset of being the only breadwinner and as such making all the decisions regarding the family alone without their partner opinions....

Yes, you do have a point.

But women also need to learn the art of earning respect.

And I also think women also need to stop trying to date men far above their class/level. When the differential between the two parties is too wide, the opinions might sound somewhat harebrained, to be honest. grin
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by edwife(f): 11:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
shymexx:

Yes, you do have a point.

But women also need to learn the art of earning respect.

And I also think women also need to stop trying to date men far above their class/level. When the differential the two parties is too wide, the opinions might sound somewhat harebrained, to be honest. grin

What? shocked shocked grin grin

In naija? nah..... cheesy
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 30, 2014
edwife:

What? shocked shocked grin grin

In naija? nah..... cheesy

It makes sense now and there is absolutely no reason why folks who go for people far superior to them in everything to complain, when they are turned into robots.

At the end of the day, they will gain material things from the relationship. grin
Re: He Wants To Turn her into a Robot after Marriage by edwife(f): 12:11am On Oct 30, 2014
shymexx:

It makes sense now and there is absolutely no reason why folks who go for people far superior to them in everything to complain, when they are turned into robots.

At the end of the day, they will gain material things from the relationship. grin

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Should Have Trusted My Husband...... / DNA or Divorce: Is Now Important Since Some Women Are More Harmful Than Snakes / Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.