Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,411 members, 7,781,190 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:24 AM

Have U Ever Been Scammed Or Nearly Scammed? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have U Ever Been Scammed Or Nearly Scammed? (1198 Views)

Have U Ever Googled Yourself. / For Those Who Have Been Scammed; I Can Catch The Scammer In 2 Days / Have U Ever Slapped A Female (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have U Ever Been Scammed Or Nearly Scammed? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
alriit guyz... my story is much but i will find a way to summarize it.

my scammer story happened within a space of one week

it all started as facebook friend request.( N.B: The scammer is a male disguising as a female even using female pix as profile)
and so i accepted her thinking she was an alumnus of my sch who i couldnt recognize d face. later on i began recieving love letter. asking if i wan her to send me an invite to u.k since she is a citizen by birth and also saying i should call fake u.k. number to tell her i love her on +447045720125........(me wey b coded lagos guy com dey form like mugu). If i comot +44 frm d above number it becomes 07045720125. (etisalat number)... I laugh...
i actually cald d number to confirm d voice and found dat its a female voice claming jando accent... (I just laugh)

she come dey ask for my email add. (as sharp guy i quickly create anoda email addres)

she later said she want to com to nigeria for a wedding dat british airways will send me a mail of her flight details... she even started sending pictures..

i recieved one kind fake mail wey a whole british airways no get logo and signature for dia mail wth plenty typographical errors.....(i wonder if oyinbo too dey speak incomplete tenses)

finally she said she has to pay for d attire 24k for d wedding dat her friend in nigeria has been disturbing her dat i shud pay it into one gtb account.....(i com dey wonder where i take get d money)....lolz

as guy wey wan play along i tell am say i dey offshore and so make she tell her friend to pay it dat wen i come back i will pay 50k including d inconvieniences...
since den she no send msg again com even block me frm assesing her profile incase i go spread d news on her page.......

all in all d transaction costed me N100 to make calls to d scammers............

share your experience pls.
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed Or Nearly Scammed? by morefire: 3:00pm On Oct 29, 2014
lol

as we speak I have one guy trying to scam me now

he claimed that we met while i was in shell on some jobs back in the days (meanwhile I am a banker) and I have never done any direct Job for shell before.

it took him 5 minutes to convince me I knew him (he mentioned an uncles name and am surprised because the said uncle is not even in Nigeria as we speak)

He claims he is doing a job at shell Escravos and wants me to be a third man to supply some chemicals... I asked him what exactly he was doing for shell he said general maintenance of pipelines so i asked him why he said he was on a rig? i also asked him the name of the oil well he was operating from the guy then ended the call and said it was poor network.

I just sent him a text that I want to meet him before I go on and I pray he agrees to meet cos na there we go Bleep am up..

I just found out he got all my details from my NYSC stuffs

I have only spent 50 on airtime so far
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed Or Nearly Scammed? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2014
morefire:
lol

he claimed that we met while i was in shell on some jobs back in the days (meanwhile I am a banker) and I have never done any direct Job for shell before.

it took him 5 minutes to convince me I knew him (he mentioned an uncles name and am surprised because the said uncle is not even in Nigeria as we speak)

He claims he is doing a job at shell Escravos and wants me to be a third man to supply some chemicals... I asked him what exactly he was doing for shell he said general maintenance of pipelines so i asked him why he said he was on a rig? i also asked him the name of the oil well he was operating from the guy then ended the call and said it was poor network.

I just sent him a text that I want to meet him before I go on and I pray he agrees to meet cos na there we go Bleep am up..

Lmao.

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed Or Nearly Scammed? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2014
morefire:
lol

Lolz.. d guy na correct mugu.
meanwhile chevron operates in escravos. while shell operates in forcados......lolz
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed Or Nearly Scammed? by PeachyPie: 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2014
I have never been scammed before though our naija guys has made numerous attempt. I am almost too smart to get scammed
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed Or Nearly Scammed? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
PeachyPie:
I have never been scammed before though our naija guys has made numerous attempt. I am almost too smart to get scammed
Really! well Good for u..
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed Or Nearly Scammed? by obongtunji: 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
Let me share with you the last guy that wanted to scam me. I believe he knows me very well, because he called me by my nick name and he was forming over familiarity, I answered him well, after asking me about my well being then he started telling me about a job in shell and as a friend his mind just went to me, he asked me to call a particular number that the man is his direct boss and the job is in his department which will make me the favorite candidate. After his finished he dropped the call. After one hour I sent him this message, "it is a pity you are still backward in this jet age, I've known this trick for some years now, you need to learn new tricks and when you have done that kindly inform me small boy" after an hour I dailled the number but he kept rejecting my calls until he finally switched off his phone
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed Or Nearly Scammed? by Henrypraise: 4:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
D most common one na: u av just one 100,000 dollars in the mtn recharge n win promo, ur personal code is *1821721* (numericals for MUGU) call Frank on 0815925**** (glo number) for guidelines on redeemin ur prices. MTN every were u go.

Dat one cums at least twice monthly in differnent forms.

Scammers ar so many in naija, even on nland I gada mind fly my mail 4 one topic, since den I receive not less dan 20 mail daily ranging from s3x related issues to bank, flight, land, vehicles, tourism, moheeda n d likes, I go soon abandon dat mail 4 d hediat.

Den d normal 419:
Driver: Oga wetin u say u carry 4 my boot

1st passenger: na money wen my oga die leave, him die 4 mecca nai I say make I carry d money run, na from kano I de cum, I be wan take small but the talisman wen de d money no allow me, nai I say make I carry d bag cum find pastor 4 benin wen go help me pray commot d talisman.
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed Or Nearly Scammed? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
obongtunji:
Let me share with you the last guy that wanted to scam me. I believe he knows me very well, because he called me by my nick name and he was forming over familiarity, I answered him well, after asking me about my well being then he started telling me about a job in shell and as a friend his mind just went to me, he asked me to call a particular number that the man is his direct boss and the job is in his department which will make me the favorite candidate. After his finished he dropped the call. After one hour I sent him this message, "it is a pity you are still backward in this jet age, I've known this trick for some years now, you need to learn new tricks and when you have done that kindly inform me small boy" after an hour I dailled the number but he kept rejecting my calls until he finally switched off his phone
Lolz.
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed Or Nearly Scammed? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
obongtunji:
Lolz. u would av asked him which of d shell is it "egg shell" or which sea animal's shell

2 Likes

Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed Or Nearly Scammed? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2014
Henrypraise:
D most common one na: u av just one 100,000 dollars in the mtn recharge n win promo, ur personal code is *1821721* (numericals for MUGU) call Frank on 0815925**** (glo number) for guidelines on redeemin ur prices. MTN every were u go.

Dat one cums at least twice monthly in differnent forms.

Scammers ar so many in naija, even on nland I gada mind fly my mail 4 one topic, since den I receive not less dan 20 mail daily ranging from s3x related issues to bank, flight, land, vehicles, tourism, moheeda n d likes, I go soon abandon dat mail 4 d hediat.

Den d normal 419:
Driver: Oga wetin u say u carry 4 my boot

1st passenger: na money wen my oga die leave, him die 4 mecca nai I say make I carry d money run, na from kano I de cum, I be wan take small but the talisman wen de d money no allow me, nai I say make I carry d bag cum find pastor 4 benin wen go help me pray commot d talisman.
By their previous thread u shall know dem na dem. dey open threads mainly for jobs wey no get address and jobs wey b lik agbero work...lolz
i wonder how much dem pay dem. its part if d joblessness in naija. if dem get work dem for no get dat kind time to pist nonsence

(1) (Reply)

A Poem From Our Heart; Happy Birthday Lanicky / . / I-naira.com ; A Consumer Sales Promotion Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.