Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Do Not Microwave Eggs, It Will Most Likely Explode!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do Not Microwave Eggs, It Will Most Likely Explode!!! (3235 Views)

Woman's Butt Implants Explode During Sex! GRAPHIC PICS! / The Truth About Eggs / Effect of Eggs on Our Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Microwave Eggs, It Will Most Likely Explode!!! by hoodboy(m): 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
So something awful happened recently to a friend of mine, while waiting for her flight at the Port Harcourt International Airport, she decided to order a scotch egg. The sales person decided to heat up the scotch egg with the microwave before she served my friend, as soon as my friend took a bite of the scotch egg, it exploded (like a bomb) right inside her mouth and left her oral cavity in a mess.

She had to undergo minor surgery immediately upon landing Lagos as her lower face had grown to a grotesquely large size, thankfully she is looking way better than when it happened as the swelling has greatly reduced, though she has to visit the hospital daily for the to drain the excess fluid that accumulates in her face as a result of the openings in her gum region caused by the explosion.

I decided to create this thread to inform people on the dangers of microwaving eggs. Below is an article I found on the internet concerning this same danger, I guess if the awareness was high what happened to my friend could have been avoided.

Warning over exploding eggs
Last updated at 11:28 30 April 2004

Doctors warned today of the dangers of eggs exploding after being heated in a microwave oven and leading to serious injuries.
The case of a nine-year-old girl who was left temporarily blind after being hit in the face by an exploding egg was highlighted by eye experts.
Writing in the British Medical Journal, they said warnings about the risks of heating eggs in their shells in the microwave should be made more obvious, perhaps being displayed on the oven itself.
The ophthalmologists from Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup, Kent, and King's College Hospital in London said exploding microwaved eggs or eggshells had caused facial, eyelid and corneal burns of varying severity.
They pointed out that even eggs out of their shell with pierced yolks could explode when microwaved.
Microwave dangers
In the case highlighted, the young girl had reheated a previously boiled egg, in its shell, in the microwave on full power for 40 seconds.
As she was carrying the egg away from the oven about 30 seconds later, it exploded, part of it hitting her right eye and face.
The youngster suffered a full thickness corneal perforation and rupture of the lens capsule, reducing her vision so she could only see hand movements.
After three months of treatment, her vision eventually recovered.
The experts wrote: "In their instruction manuals, manufacturers of microwave ovens warn against heating eggs with an intact shell and recommends multiple piercing before cooking or heating eggs, even those already boiled.
"In view of the potential seriousness of injury from exploding microwaved eggs, such warnings should be made more obvious, possibly being displayed on the microwave oven itself."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-261297/Warning-exploding-eggs.html#ixzz3HZ88QOBp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Moderator please move to FP, cheers.
Re: Do Not Microwave Eggs, It Will Most Likely Explode!!! by Beesluv: 9:20pm On Oct 29, 2014
Okay, noted, tnx.
Pix nko?
Re: Do Not Microwave Eggs, It Will Most Likely Explode!!! by hoodboy(m): 1:23am On Oct 30, 2014
Beesluv:
Okay, noted, tnx.
Pix nko?

she wouldn't even let me have the pictures she took...(she no wan spoil her political career)
Re: Do Not Microwave Eggs, It Will Most Likely Explode!!! by Pyroclast(m): 1:54am On Oct 30, 2014
Very true!
I learnt the mild way. Thankfully, i pricked mine with a fork first. The explosion left me with yolk in my eyes!
Re: Do Not Microwave Eggs, It Will Most Likely Explode!!! by hoodboy(m): 7:45am On Oct 30, 2014
Pyroclast:
Very true!
I learnt the mild way. Thankfully, i pricked mine with a fork first. The explosion left me with yolk in my eyes!

wow! it left the girl in that article temporarily blind. I think this should be moved to front page
Re: Do Not Microwave Eggs, It Will Most Likely Explode!!! by LizNaira: 9:26am On Oct 30, 2014
I did this twice , don't know why I forgot after the first time and cleaning up my microwave was not fun! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

My Experience As A Guy In Gynecology Clinic / 20 Health Benefits Of Mangoes / See Photos Of 5year Old Girl With Big Boos. Mehn So Huge And Amazing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.