Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,158 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway (6161 Views)

Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). / Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari / Nigerian Army Confirms Shekau Is Dead Boko-Haram Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by johnmartus(m): 6:46am On Oct 30, 2014
honestly anytime I saw this such news I feel sad imagine what our father laboured for is now disrupted by just common fisher-men

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 30, 2014
Austindark:

d only assistance u need to render our gallant soldiers is to be honest with them.
tell dem the truth, they simply lack the weapons and will to defend their country.
when will u grow up??
Dude, it is the other way around, by giving in to propaganda trying to demoralize your troops and trying to increase the confidence of the terrorists, you are noot helping. You are making your troops depressed.
Imagine, you work very hard as a footballer and then you go for thhe world cup and play better than marradonna, but no camera was there to film it all and at the end some clueless people print that you played like a donky ! How would you feel !
There is no better person to tell the truth to the military than the military itself, that is what war planners are for !
But do not give in to ennemy propaganda ! No it doesn't help !

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Austindark(m): 6:52am On Oct 30, 2014
patriot4:
First of all i am not here to educate you, but just this once:
First of all you need to know the difference between retreating and fleeing:
1) retreat is the result of an order from an officer to his troops.
a retreat is done by a team of soldiers operating in a location, thy do iit together in a tactical manner.
2) Flee (that is what happened in Iraq) the soldiers run away from their army, from their orders and in many cases take off their uniforms and throw their guns away. No order to vacate the location was given.
In the Nigerian military fleeing is equal to diserting and is punishable by death, hence soldiers who flee don't come back !
A retreat can be ordered for several reaons, for example if the ennemy has surrounded your troops of if you lack ammo, etc...

Nowadays people don't want to waste time learning, they just want to be ignorant and proud of that.

so explain this mr field Marshall

"Some of the soldiers who spoke to our reporter said their
base had fallen to the militants but the senior officer said
he could not confirm if the militants reached the base as
the troops had all fled."

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 30, 2014
Austindark:

First of all don't give me a title which I nnever earned !
But, let me ask you this question: does the statement which you quoted even makes sense to you ?
How would a human being with half a brain say that the troops have fled yet he doesn't know if the terrorists have reached the base ?
The propagandists don't even need to be smart to fool yoou guys ! Shame !
If most Nigerians think like you then we are iin deep trouble !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by AustineE1: 7:00am On Oct 30, 2014
patriot4:
This is what I thought, most of you guys here don't know anything about war, all you know is about politics, pdp and apc and whatever.
Leave military affairs out of your nonsensical political lives !
It is amazing how some Nigerians are wishing their army evil and are even celebrating what they think is ennemy success, and all this because of politics !
Rats have more sense than such s.cu.ms
The truth is that politics has eaten deep into the fabrics of Nigerians,people are diviided on political,religious and ethnic line,it may surprise you to know that even some APC stalwarts may be celebrating the perceived fall of Mubi,because to them they ve scored a cheap political goal.Funny enough,one day we may wake up and discuss Nigeria in the past,for any house that is divided among itself,especially in times of crisis will not stand.
If you are a Nigerian Army personnel and you listen to comments made by some even educated Nigerians who shld know better,you will conclude that Nigeria is nt worth dying for.At a time when our support is needed most,people are here insulting their president and they army,even if Nigeria falls today,many of the politicians instigating these propaganda,will take the next available flight and jet away with their families and loots.
Did you nt observe the unprecedented number of posts on the so called fall of Mubi alone on Nairaland.Boko haram is getting enough cheap publicity just because of politics.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by tbaba1234: 7:02am On Oct 30, 2014
patriot4:

It is amazing how some Nigerians are wishing their army evil and are even celebrating what they think is ennemy success, and all this because of politics !

No one is wishing the army evil, even the chief of defence staff complained about soldiers running away instead of fighting.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=sE6503lFehk

We should be cognizant of the realities on the ground and support the army. Blind support helps no one.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Austindark(m): 7:03am On Oct 30, 2014
patriot4:
But, let me ask you this question: does the statement which you quoted even makes sense to you ?
How would a human being with half a brain say that the troops have fled yet he doesn't know if the terrorists have reached the base ?
thanks for your explanations, I am now better informed.
just dat d word FLED still remains untouched

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 30, 2014
AustineE1:

The truth is that politics has eaten deep into the fabrics of Nigerians,people are diviided on political,religious and etnic line,it may surprise you to know that even some APC stalwarts may be celebrating the perceived fall of Mubi,because to them they ve scored a cheap political goal.Funny enough,one day we may wake up and discuss Nigeria in the past,for any house that is divided among itself,especially in times of crisis will not stand.
If you are a Nigerian Army personnel and you listen to comments made by some even educated Nigerians who shld know better,you will conclude that Nigeria is nt worth dying for.At a time when our support is needed most,people are here insulting their president and they army,even if Nigeria falls today,many of the politicians instigating these propaganda,will take the next available flight and jet away with their families and loots.
Did you nt observe the unprecedented number of posts on the so called fall of Mubi alone on Nairaland.Boko haram is getting enough cheap publicity just because of politics.
What doesn't help is the fact that western media is helping boko haram. They keep calling our army names and they would even contradiict themselves in their bid to destroy the immage of our military and to reduce public confidence in the military.
I am not a military personnel, I just happen to have spent a lot of time in the barracks and I come from a military family and I have studied war for years. I would be in the military if not for my love for mathematics.
Nigeria will never fall, my friend, never !
Look at the bad press these mainstream media keep giving us while in Iraq the terrorists are in sight of the capital, but the iraqis don't get the kind of media bashing they give us. Just keep your head up, read reports coming from the military: http://defenceinfo.mil.ng/civil-military-cooperation-for-effective-internal-security-operations/
disregard other sources, because that is what you do at war ! You chose your side, and your side is your country Nigeria, Nigerian armed forces ! The ennemy propagandists know that we are gullible and they are usingg that ! We must restore our trust in our army, we must believe in them, they are our pride, our strength and they represent us !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 30, 2014
tbaba1234:

No one is wishing the army evil, even the chief of defence staff complained about soldiers running away instead of fighting.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=sE6503lFehk

We should be cognizant of the realities on the ground and support the army. Blind support helps no one.
Look, I am growing tired !
Do you really think I haven't seen that video ?
Look the words said by the COAS are being taken out of context, completely.
The COAS was explaining that desertion is part of war, that every army which goes iinto war sees some cowards deserting. He said the deserters were people who joigned the military because they needed a job and that they would drop their guns and run when the reality of army job shows up. So please keep to context and stop thinking that it is normal practice in the Nigerian military to flee ! OK ! Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 30, 2014
Austindark:

thanks for your explanations, I am now better informed.
just dat d word FLED still remains untouched
Please if you are a Nigerian then you need to read about war strategies, waar situations and even look at documentaries about war !
What the press is doing to us is exactly what they did to the US in the vietnam war !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 30, 2014
Austindark:

I used to appreciate news from nairaland and even some reasonable comments until it dawned to me that most news and comments are just here to make front page. Their should be an ideology every Nigerian who comments on key issues on nairaland should have at the back of their mind; Nigeria is their home. Back in the days when the robbers held superior fire powers to the police who were wielding Mark iv, the robbers had Fire Power but never Will Power. What most of us do here by proxy is give Boko boys Will Power. Condemnation should trail every news of their move rather than sectional political debate and fight on this forum.

patriot4:

Patriot you've really stood up to your country here. It's going psychological and only a few understands what the enemy is up to here. In all I pray someday they'll know better.

No single person should take his time and comment on the failure in the system to score cheap political battle point on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by joseph1832(m): 7:39am On Oct 30, 2014
patriot4:
This is what I thought, most of you guys here don't know anything about war, all you know is about politics, pdp and apc and whatever.
Leave military affairs out of your nonsensical political lives !
And can you kindly tell us what you know about War? Since I believe you are well gifted in the tactics of war.
Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by joseph1832(m): 7:41am On Oct 30, 2014
patriot4:

Please if you are a Nigerian then you need to read about war strategies, waar situations and even look at documentaries about war !
What the press is doing to us is exactly what they did to the US in the vietnam war !
Have you ever heard this "live to fight again".
Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 30, 2014
joseph1832:
And can you kindly tell us what you know about War? Since I believe you are well gifted in the tactics of war.
I am not here to boast, just here to help my country and my people ! No vanity, no personal gain !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by omololu2020(m): 7:44am On Oct 30, 2014
If dem lik mak dem capture d whole of adamawa is none of my business.mak dis country just divide next year
Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 30, 2014
joseph1832:
Have you ever heard this "live to fight again".
In the Nigerian military, if you flee then you will be sentenced to death. The same in the Chinese military and the Egyptian and Algerian militaries.
So either you obey orders and act bravely, either you go down like a rat.
Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by joseph1832(m): 7:46am On Oct 30, 2014
patriot4:
I am not here to boast, just here to help my country and my people ! No vanity, no personal gain !
And how do you plan on doing that?. Enlighten me please.
Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Austindark(m): 7:46am On Oct 30, 2014
pasino26:

I used to appreciate news from nairaland and even some reasonable comments until it dawned to me that most news and comments are just here to make front page. Their should be an ideology every Nigerian who comments on key issues on nairaland should have at the back of their mind; Nigeria is their home. Back in the days when the robbers held superior fire powers to the police who were wielding Mark iv, the robbers had Fire Power but never Will Power. What most of us do here by proxy is give Boko boys Will Power. Condemnation should trail every news of their move rather than sectional political debate and fight on this forum.

Patriot you've really stood up to your country here. It's going psychological and only a few understands what the enemy is up to here. In all I pray someday they'll know better.

No single person should take his time and comment on the failure in the system to score cheap political battle point on nairaland
I simply understand where yourself and patriot are driving at, but we are trying to hit reality.
the soldiers are ill equipped and not even encouraged at all by the leaders. so they do not see d need to uphold their oath any longer. they don't want to die for a country where the future of their children are not guaranteed.
it is a call on the leaders to do the needful.
that's d point we are trying hard to drop.
Nigeria is our country, we are going no where.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by joseph1832(m): 7:49am On Oct 30, 2014
patriot4:

In the Nigerian military, if you flee then you will be sentenced to death. The same in the Chinese military and the Egyptian and Allgerian militaries.
So either you obey orders and act bravely, either you go down like a rat.
Oh I see, I believe you'll call what you wrote above classic che guevara guerrilla warfare?.
Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 30, 2014
Austindark:

I simply understand where yourself and patriot are driving at, but we are trying to hit reality.
the soldiers are ill equipped and not even encouraged at all by the leaders. so they do not see d need to uphold their oath any longer. they don't want to die for a country where the future of their children are not guaranteed.
It is funny that you claim to be trying to hit reality while you are hitting fiction.
It is not because a "news" is negative that it must be true !
What you are doing is just assuming the situation is at its worse, but believe me if the situation is what you describe then the terrorists would be in Abuja by now !, instead they are strugling to stay alive at the border with cameroon.
The presidency and the senate have voted an extra one billion dollars for military procurement and 1200 soldiers have been sent to Russia for specialized training, we have received delivery of a number of attack hellicoters and tanks and are awaiting more weapons from Russia.
Nigeria is the only country in Africa which makes its own APC (Igirigi), Nigeria makes its rifles and ammo, RPGs and GPMGs, etc...
really try and learn instead of always believing the worse story muust be true.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by darqly(m): 7:58am On Oct 30, 2014
[quote author=patriot4 post=27569008
Give me a rifle and a grenade and put me in the middle of the terrorists, I am going to make a bloody carnage. My country first !
I can't belive these low lifes over here praising terrorists, you guys make me vomit, let nobody say these your rubbish to me in real life because I promise you I would take you down ! Those who insulted Nigerian soldiers in front of me would testify ![/quote]

Obviously, you've never heard real gunfire or been in mortal danger, hence your childish rant requesting for a grenade. People's lives are at risk, livelihoods lost and futures uncertain, yet you still have the ill sense to call what's going on propaganda??
I bet you're nowhere near northern Nigeria, let alone Adamawa. So enjoy your e-bravado, we meet your type online everyday but never in the field of battle.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 30, 2014
darqly:
Look, i call propaganda by its name, I am sorry if that displeases you !
By the way, judging by your statement, you do noot know the Nigerian military.
A little check at the war records of the Nigerian military will show you what i am saying.
Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Austindark(m): 8:16am On Oct 30, 2014
patriot4:

Look, i call propaganda by its name, I am sorry if that displeases you !
By the way, judging by your statement, you do noot know the Nigerian military.
A little check at the war records of the Nigerian military will show you what i am saying.

I still need to understand what u call propaganda...
was there an attack or not?
was mubi captured?
did the military desert their duty post?
if NO is your answer, fine them
if yes, then you must think of a way forward and stop holding on to outdated victories.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by tbaba1234: 8:24am On Oct 30, 2014
patriot4:

Look, I am growing tired !
Do you really think I haven't seen that video ?
Look the words said by the COAS are being taken out of context, completely.
The COAS was explaining that desertion is part of war, that every army which goes iinto war sees some cowards deserting. He said the deserters were people who joigned the military because they needed a job and that they would drop their guns and run when the reality of army job shows up. So please keep to context and stop thinking that it is normal practice in the Nigerian military to flee ! OK ! Thank you.

Was Bama a tactical retreat?

Was Gwoza a tactical retreat?

What of the over 25 towns controlled by BH?

What is so tactical about a retreat that gives the enemy access to your weaponry?

How come, we have only captured one town back and keep losing more?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 30, 2014
Austindark:

I still need to understand what u call propaganda...
was there an attack or not?
was mubi captured?
did the military desert their duty post?
if NO is your answer, fine them
if yes, then you must think of a way forward and stop holding on to outdated victories.
What you should do is wait for information from defence headquarters: http://defenceinfo.mil.ng/civil-military-cooperation-for-effective-internal-security-operations/
The terrorists and their media allies like to report our towns as fallen while they have just started their attack. That is a part of their propaganda, it creates panic and it is a way to try and push soldiers out of performing their duties (by making them believe that their colleagues have fled )
And Nigerian miliitary victories are certainly not outdated, the generals of today fought in those wars as junior officers ! These are eexperienced die hard soldiers !
Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by JoseWael(m): 8:29am On Oct 30, 2014
Sirniyeh:
The end time is imminent

The marriage called Nigeria is about to end
The Name called Jonathan is about to end
The Currency called Naira is about to end

2015, It's going to be like Noah's flood. Only the saint like me will survive it.

Goodbye to Nigeria
Welcome to ?

Abi eleyi nsi ere ni ? Bros, u well ?
Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 30, 2014
persius555:
what else do you expect from an army corp that has been recruiting men based on federal character and rejecting minds that are brilliant and willing to serve the country. Abeg, federal government should make sure the soldier's salaries are payed on time, they are doing a vey good job at fleeing.I guess this is what they are paid to do.
more sense to ur brain jare, u'v said it all, i'v said same thing previously in a thread some time ago, soon d army will be short of troops and they will come crawling for pple who were willing to serve and die truely for their Country. Who be boko haram? They are fleeing Now. They should stand and defend our great country o no running.
Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 30, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 30, 2014
tbaba1234:

What is so tactical about a retreat that gives the enemy access to your weaponry?

Look, I have a life, i can't keep responding to you guys, I am under no obligation to do so. So iif you could stop talking to me like if I were your dad, I would apreciate.
Look one fine example oof what I am saying is Bama, the Nigerian military killed thousands of terrorists in Bama, Bama never fell eventhough western media likes to report it as fallen. And which 25 towns are you talking about ? You really believe all you read which portrays Nigeria in a bad light, dont you ! Well this iis the wrong season for that, this is waar and you have already been defeated by ennemy propaganda.
And for your info, not destoying the weapons you can't carry while retreating is a blunder, the officers who make those mistakes will probably be trialed for treason or be discharged. And second of all I don't want to go into ddetails about the difference between retreat and fleeing again. Just read what i wrote. Imagine this rather like a chess game.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by xcolanto(m): 8:46am On Oct 30, 2014
Wow! Seems like good news for APC, suckers and scums of the earth! Keep spreading baseless propaganda for the ignorant! We know boko must be a thing of the past grin
Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 30, 2014
tbaba1234:

Where have you been to up north? I drove almost hours to have a bottle of beer in Zambolo Plateau state close to Kaduna in 2011 during the elections all they call town is just what we call hamle down south a couple of huts. You only hear of Gwoza cuz of the mobile police formation there. Not to offend you but to shed some light just when you hear TOWNS.

Austindark:

You're right there no doubt I figured out the answer to all questions in economics and agriculture back in the day; Lack of infrastructural amenities. There's lack everywhere dude in all sectors but believe me when I say we've weapons in our arsenal. There are equipment you don't unleash in-country especially when you've the locals involved passively. That been said its free to sight flaws in the system and profer solution, that's called constructive criticism.
Re: Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway by tbaba1234: 8:50am On Oct 30, 2014
patriot4:
Look, I have a life, i can't keep responding to you guys, I am under no obligation to do so. So iif you could stop talking to me like if I were your dad, I would apreciate.
Look one fine example oof what I am saying is Bama, the Nigerian military killed thousands of terrorists in Bama, Bama never fell eventhough western media likes to report it as fallen. And which 25 towns are you talking about ? You really believe all you read which portrays Nigeria in a bad light, dont you ! Well this iis the wrong season for that, this is waar and you have already been defeated by ennemy propaganda.
And for your info, not destoying the weapons you can't carry while retreating is a blunder, the officers who make those mistakes will probably be trialed for treason or be discharged. And second of all I don't want to go into ddetails about the difference between retreat and fleeing again. Just read what i wrote. Im

You keep living in a delusion, as we speak over 25 towns are in the grasp of insurgents including Bama.

According to Oliver Dashe Doeme, Archbishop of Maiduguri, Boko Haram has captured twenty-five towns in Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa states as of September 19, 2014.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201409180704.html

The towns include: Damboa, Buni Yadi, Madagali, Gwoza, Gujba, Gulak, Bama, Gulani, Shuwa, Marte, Kukawa, Michika, Dikwa, Bularafa, Bazza, Gamboru Ngalla and Buni Gari.

Others are Banki, Bara, Pulka, Bumsa, Ashgashiya, Taltaba, Limankara and Njibulwa.

Only Michika has been recaptured from the above list.

This is from the catholic church.They should know as they have branches all over the north.

Is the Catholic church also anti Nigerian??

Blind support helps no one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari / Heavily Armed Biafra Soldiers Shocking PHOTOS / Kano Vs Imo,but Kaduna Vs Enugu Lets Compere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.