Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details (51196 Views)

Breaking News: Court Orders IGP To Restore Tambuwal Security Details / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker / IG Summons Amaechiā€™s Security Details & Chidi Llyod Over Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by courage54(m): 1:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
DNA9:

Wats imaginary? D presidents driver aint richer dan ur fada?.. Wake up bro.. Stop exhibiting ur low life here.. If errybody was on d same view lane like u, there wud b no nairaland.. *Clown*

let me tell you what will give you the easiest access to committing suicide, am a christian and am from NIGER-DELTA, but me, my entire family and church are voting for BUHARI AND FASHOLA not minding their religion. i hope this will kill u faster.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
stevedusky:

Hmmmm Chukwuuuuudi 44, please we need to just check that up; and please he should be the one to go to court again. hahaha Naija Ninja's. Blindfolded and covered to the brain just to fight for their bellies. PASSS!
The 1999 constitution section 68 part 1 on the National Assembly Part C section 68 subsection G: being a person whose election to the house was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that house was elected;

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by LFJ: 1:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
dtruth3:
Just a security details withdrawal, and his supporters has started complaining. what then happens when GEJ comes down hard on Him!

Note: he is no longer the speaker, so he is no longer entitled to those security details. he lost the entitlement the day he decamped from the party on whose platform he was elected as a parliamenterian in the first
place, before becoming the speaker. so that singular act of defecting, has made him loose everything.

the Presidency, dosnt need a court action before it could do the
needful, because the constitution is so clear. Tambuwal is no longer a MEMBER of the House of Assembly, let alone its SPEAKER. because he has defected.

Chai! GEJ the BIG Boss

Tambuwal the LEARNER

You are one of the ignorance misleading this man. Can you bring out the part of Nigeria constitution that said that the speaker of the house can only come from the party with majority in the house? Going dirty with that man at this time may be risky for him. The time is too short for him to along that line, I will advice him to focus his energy on his campaign messages to Nigerians.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by gbeseun(m): 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
Am waiting for when mimiko security details will be withdrawn and then I will know this man is not hit by tambuwal action.if anything happen to him,gej should be held liable and I trust Mr fash and amaechi they will send enough plain cloth detectives that are better than riffle carrying black boys to sokoto for his upkeep,season film ,gej won't finish this .his last days benign may 28,2015 ,quote me
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Amacaco: 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
Please help me,which part of the constitution provides that the speaker should be provided with security detail. I used to think it was the prerogative of the President as the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces to provide or not to provide security details of government officials. Tambuwal has lost his position as a member of the house legally and constitutionally immediately he defected. Every other thing he is doing now is maga-maga.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by DNA9(m): 1:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
dmozart:
You are so poor.......mentally. What indices do you use in measuring success? Ur acquisitions? Who u work for? Or WHO YOU ARE FROM THE INSIDE? Your mind is irredeemably warped. #Renew ur mind and Value system. Peace

Here is another clown,, speaking from his balls.. Stupid broke'ass murda4ker..
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Ojiofor: 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
In this game of politics,PDP will always win.apc your celebration is premature.

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
LFJ:

You are one of the ignorance misleading this man. Can you bring out the part of Nigeria constitution that said that the speaker of the house can only come from the party with majority in the house? Going dirty with that man at this time may be risky for him. The time is too short for him to along that line, I will advice him to focus his energy on his campaign messages to Nigerians.

THIS IS NOT A QUESTION OF MAJORITY OR MINORITY.THE KOKO OF THE MATTER IS THAT TAMBUWAL IS NO LONGER A MEMBER OF THE HOR AS PER THE DICTATES OF SECTION 68 OF THE 1999 CONSTITUTION.WHAT IS EVEN RISKY IS REMOVIN THE SECURITY DETAILS OF AN ORINARY CITIZEN LIKE THE ERSTWHILE SPEAKER?
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
DOUBLE POST
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
fyneguy:

If fear is responsible for his recent goofs, I have no doubt he is not a smart politician. He should not have withdrawn his security detail. Tambuwal will use this to whip up sentiments against Jonathan in the North. Whoever advises Jonathan on politics is very dumb.
WERE NORTHERNERS PLANNING ON VOTIN GEJ BEFORE? DID THEY VOTE FOR HIM IN 2011? ABEG MAKE I HEAR WORD

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by betmoz(m): 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
Are we in a banana republic were lawlessness is d order of d day? Why been a judge in ur own case? They love putting cart before d horse. Whenever people defect from other parties to PDP no qualms, but whenever people defect from PDP to another party most especially APC then its not right they will start treating fire & brimstones. What is good for d goose is also good for d gander. Shikenah.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by emoo4: 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
isrecole:
If Tambuwal is principled as he want Nigerians to believe,he should be honest enough to resign the Speakership. Tanbuwal as a Lawyer knows the provisions of the 1999 Constitution. He cannot eat his cake and have a penny! Tambuwal should be honest with himself. APC as a party can never take it and APC should not expect PDP to accept it. How can the opposition preside in a House where the ruling party is in the majority? Haba,Nigerians should be honest!!

So on point; For me tambuwal stayed so long be4 declaring his loyalty to APC. You cannot pretend so long to be in the PDP and later change and expect a sane being to call you a leader. Integrity, honesty, respect are qualities of good leadership. These were not exhibited for the period. You just wanted to hang on to power just the way PDP, too wants to hang on. The wall of Jericho fell down, but it was not reported that somebody from jerico marched with the israel army.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
Section 68
(g) being a person whose election to the House
was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a
member of another political party before the
expiration of the period for which that House was
elected;
Provided that his membership of the latter
political party is not as a result of a division in
the political party of which he was previously a
member or of a merger of two or more political
parties or factions by one of which he was
previously sponsored; or
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

bros how old are you? how do you explain the boldeded? even if Tambuwal remains speaker(which will never happen)how can he oppose executive bills with minority members of the HOR?

In this context, I am old enough to be your grandfather cause You seem to have nothing upstairs.So in your shallow mind,you think it is only Tambulwa that will defect to the APC in the House of Rep ? Events of the next couple of weeks will prove to you and your co-travellers how shallow-minded you guys are. Pls I need your mathematics on how PDP will remove him as the Speaker even as his new party is minority in the house for now.Dindinrin,let me remind you, your preferred speakership candidate was Akande Mulikat,fully endorsed and supported by your GEJ. What happened at the end ? You couldn't have your way even with your numerical advantage in the House. You guys are as naive as your Abuja Paymasters ! They have fully perfected how your GEJ will not return in 2015 and here you are talking about executive bill !
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Myself2(m): 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
Serves Tambuwal right, the sneaky conniving basteerd cannot eat his cake and have it.

This is the point where all you that hate my comment should go jump into the Lagoon

GET TILL 2019
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by 7lives: 2:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
OROSUNBOLB:

In this context, I am old enough to be your grandfather cause You seem to have nothing upstairs.So in your shallow mind,you think it is only Tambulwa that will defect to the APC in the House of Rep ? Events of the next couple of weeks will prove to you and your co-travellers how shallow-minded you guys are. Pls I need your mathematics on how PDP will remove him as the Speaker even as his new party is minority in the house for now.Dindinrin,let me remind you, your preferred speakership candidate was Akande Mulikat,fully endorsed and supported by your GEJ. What happened at the end ? You couldn't have your way even with your numerical advantage in the House. You guys are as naive as your Abuja Paymasters ! They have fully perfected how your GEJ will not return in 2015 and here you are talking about executive bill !

Oga your head dey there, whenever I see Jona play his ''class captain'' politics I can't help but wonder how in the world this man became the number one citizen of this country.
Aminu Tambuwal's defection is just one of the many things that will happen before 2015 election. That PDP is the old NPN is no longer news, most northerners in PDP presently will eventually toe the line of Tambuwal before the election. I just hope Jona is ready to do the worst to remain in the office, Abokis for now are enjoying watching Jona chase after every imaginary political enemies. Somewhere laughing and singing, drinking fura de nunu, Abokis will be like ''banza kawai'' we shall teach you how not to cheat in any game.

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Lagusta(m): 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
aby1976:

It is very unfortunate that some Nigerians including public office holders are too lazy, to read the elementary sections of our Constitution, some of which are self explanatory.

Now, let us examine what Chapter V, Part 1 (Composition Of National Assembly) sections 47 -50 of the Constitution Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria holds:

There shall be a National Assembly for the Federation which shall consist of a Senate and a House of Representatives.

48. The Senate shall consist of three Senators from each State and one from the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

49. Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the House of Representatives shall consist of three hundred and sixty members representing constituencies of nearly equal population as far as possible, provided that no constituency shall fall within more than one State.

50. (1) There shall be:-

(a) a President and a Deputy President of the Senate, who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves; and

(b) a Speaker and a Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves.

(2) The President or Deputy President of the Senate or the Speaker or Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives shall vacate his office -

(a) if he ceases to be a member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, otherwise than by reason of a dissolution of the Senate or the House of Representatives; or

(b) when the House of which he was a member first sits after any dissolution of that House; or

(c) if he is removed from office by a resolution of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of the members of that House.

So where did PDP find the supposedly "loophole" or authority in law, in asking Hon. Tambuwal to resign? The only option left for them, is to rally their members and see if they can muster the required number when plenary resumes in decemeber, in order to satisfy Section 50, subsection 2 C as highlighted above.

Anything else is calling for anarchy!

Don't let pdp deceive u folks

thank you very much for educating me... Now i know better...

PDP can kiss the a$$ of a baboon
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by edrys(m): 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2014
dtruth3:
Just a security
details withdrawal, and his supporters has started complaining. what
then happens when GEJ comes down hard on Him!

Note: he is no longer the speaker, so he is no longer entitled to those
security details. he lost the entitlement the day he decamped from the
party on whose platform he was elected as a parliamenterian in the first
place, before becoming the speaker. so that singular act of defecting,
has made him loose everything.

needful, because the constitution is so clear. Tambuwal is no longer a MEMBER of the House of Assembly, let alone its SPEAKER. because he
has defected.

Chai! GEJ the BIG Boss

Tambuwal the LEARNER

And if I may ask, what happen to Mimiko. Did he lose anything as a result of his defection?
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Myself2(m): 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
edrys:

And if I may ask, what happen to Mimiko. Did he lose anything as a result of his defection?

Two different provisions apply to the members of NASS and state governors, don't get it twisted

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by justhelp(m): 3:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
Bigcake:
That's true anyway, but your prostitute mother will be better off as my tutor so that i can fvck the living hell out of her for bringing you animal to this world. For the records, your father died a useless man ask your mother for his grave.
I knew u are insane from ur first Comment, anyway get well soon.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Stoical: 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
7lives:

Oga your head dey there, whenever I see Jona play his ''class captain'' politics I can't help but wonder how in the world this man became the number one citizen of this country.

Hello! He became number one citizen because some of us voted for him with great hopes, even though, he has failed to tackle the main problem of Nigeria (corruption).
Aminu Tambuwal's defection is just one of the many things that will happen before 2015 election. That PDP is the old NPN is no longer news, most northerners in PDP presently will eventually toe the line of Tambuwal before the election.
YES sir, you may not be far from the truth, because there has been such move earlier in the Senate, before the fear of the "unknown" stopped them from going on with such plans.
I just hope Jona is ready to do the worst to remain in the office, Abokis for now are enjoying watching Jona chase after every imaginary political enemies.
He may or will, depending on what legacy he is willing to leave behind. But, my brother; when you say Abokis, don't forget that some of them are also sympathetic to His cause and as such, those few will still vote him. Really, they will! Note, I call u brother, because I believe in Nigeria...not in N or S Nigeria.
Somewhere laughing and singing, drinking fura de nunu, Abokis will be like ''banza kawai'' we shall teach you how not to cheat in any game.
Well! GEJ of now is not the GEJ of when UMY of late memory was smuggled into the country without his knowledge, neither is he the GEJ of 2011...so, do what you feel you can to unseat him, as u r at liberty to, but know that Northerners will equally vote in GEJ again come 2015, except APC can bring out a dependable-never-in-the-scene-before politician to fight GEJ for 2015 Presidency. I personally don't think Buhari(with all due respect to him), will unseat Jona...
NOTE: before you start pouring vituperations or spit fire, just know that I will ignore but laugh at your low-life stature!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Bigcake: 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
justhelp:
I knew u are insane from ur first Comment, anyway get well soon.
That should be for your mother.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Ologunjude(m): 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
Where are the comments of my Ibo brothers and sisters. GEJ dey fall una hand this time. This guy does not have good advisers. They are so dull. Anything they say the president is cool with it! This are common sense things. Anyway "common sense is not common" this attitude will bring Jonathan crashing down like a pack of cards. Use other means to humiliate people next time. Think out of the box for once.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Kellygold(f): 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
1.2kva Inverter and new battery for only N65,000. Free deliver and Installation.
Call 08023706037

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Fourwinds: 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
dtruth3:
Just a security

needful, because the constitution is so clear. Tambuwal is no longer a MEMBER of the House of Assembly, let alone its SPEAKER. because he
has defected.

Chai! GEJ the BIG Boss

Tambuwal the LEARNER
what about dose APC law makers dat decamp to PDP should dey also lose deir membership of d house.? God will never judge d way u are judging. u are human
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by kingsley247: 5:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
Tanbuwal is an ingrates who knows him bfor pdp brought him to limelight. Jonpology like him
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
7lives:

Aminu Tambuwal's defection is just one of the many things that will happen before 2015 election. That PDP is the old NPN is no longer news, most northerners in PDP presently will eventually toe the line of Tambuwal before the election. I just hope Jona is ready to do the worst to remain in the office, Abokis for now are enjoying watching Jona chase after every imaginary political enemies. Somewhere laughing and singing, drinking fura de nunu, Abokis will be like ''banza kawai'' we shall teach you how not to cheat in any game.

On spot,I can't agree less with you.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Kingspin(m): 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
focus7:
common sense don't have an answer to this type of question but I am sure someone like u with a toad brain does.
So u have never make use of common sense before?...
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by cigie(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
dtruth3:
Just a security

has defected.

Chai! GEJ the BIG Boss

Tambuwal the LEARNER

Learner? I think not. The term 'learner' is a misnomer to qualify Tambuwal. FYI, he was well aware of the repercussion of his action.

Of course, his aim is the Sokoto governor seat, and APC is the best party to join if he wants to achieve that aim...considering the party's popularity in Sokoto.

Obviously, Tambuwal wasn't 100% loyal to the PDP. He's been spotted at APC rallies. He was just waiting for the perfect time to defect, and there's no better time than now.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Kingspin(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
bookiee:

Common sense is not law!
Just answer the question!
Law was made by who? U dont need to ask me wats common sense mean because, u have sense.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by cigie(m): 6:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
dtruth3:
Just a security

has defected.

Chai! GEJ the BIG Boss

Tambuwal the LEARNER

Learner? I think not. The term 'learner' is a misnomer to qualify Tambuwal. FYI, he was well aware of the repercussion of his action.

Of course, his aim is the Sokoto governor seat, and APC is the best party to join if he wants to achieve that aim...considering the party's popularity in Sokoto.

Obviously, Tambuwal wasn't 100% loyal to the PDP. He's been spotted at APC rallies. He was just waiting for the perfect time to defect, and there's no better time than now.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by 83lagosroad(m): 6:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
focus7:
Jonathan indeed lacks constitutional intelligence and this portray poor leadership. What a joke of a government.

i seems not get some pple on NL
its either ure miopic or smthing else is wrong
pls read ur constitution

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments / 'Revolution Now' Organizers Release 'Rules Of Engagement' For Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.