Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Diary Of A Funaabite - Part 2 (my Carrot Boxers) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Funaabite - Part 2 (my Carrot Boxers) (1187 Views)

Diary Of A Funaabite - Part 4 (continuation Of My Love Life Series) / Diary Of A Funaabite - Part 3 (my Love Life Series) / Diary Of A Funaabite - Part 1(in The Beginning) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of A Funaabite - Part 2 (my Carrot Boxers) by KUDZ(m): 9:36am On Oct 30, 2014
DIARY OF A FUNAABITE - PART 2 (MY CARROT BOXERS)
By Kayode Oluwaseun David

As a new student in FUNAAB, you are called all sort of names ranging from fresher to JJC to zombie, etc. well, my case was different, I was a new student in a new college. A college that was entirely different, and was a shift from the main scientific nature of the school. I was at the College of Management Sciences (COLMAS), apparently the best college in the school…lol… I am so sure only COLMASSITES would agree with me on this, others would be like, “college wey never get graduates”. Whatever, I am a colmassite, and am proud to be one.

Straight to the business of this episode, you know as a new student of a university, you have to upgrade. You have to add swagger to your ginger. You don’t want to go back home with the same clothes you resumed to the school with. Infact, you wouldn’t want to wear those post-secondary schools clothes to lectures at the university.

My mom after being fed up with my crying everyday, went to the market to get me some clothes, after I told her that FUNAAB’s official uniform on Wednesday and Fridays is jeans.  In order for her son not to beg, steal or even look down on himself, my mom hustled some money and she got me three jeans trousers (okirika ofcourse with that special scent).
When she gave me the jeans, I could feel the excitement in her, her face glowed with smiles of fulfillments. Oh yes, she has accomplished something, atleast her son can now wear jeans like other guys are wearing. Wow! my mom has just successfully gotten me the jeans that 2face used in his first video with the plantashun boiz. Those jeans can be dated back a century, when I tried it out I felt like I was being put in a sack that has an elastic mouth. Yeah, it is a wide jean.

I told her “thank you” out of dissatisfaction. I stuffed the jeans inside my bag, first of all I can’t even bear the scent of the jeans, and secondly I have just being made the proud owner of a 1997 designer.

I never knew the stigmatization associated with those jeans until we resumed school. The first day I wore one of those jeans, OMG! I totally felt like an alien, like I was not ....read more at
www.humanrefinery./2014/10/30/diary-of-a-funaabite-part-2-my-carrot-boxers/
Re: Diary Of A Funaabite - Part 2 (my Carrot Boxers) by Bolugurl(f): 11:32am On Oct 30, 2014
Lwkm o..nyc dairy,though we Funaabites noe dey put on any official uniform 4 wed nd fri..u just dey scope ur mum..welidonu grin

(1) (Reply)

Pls Mod! Chalk Me Buy Taking This Piece To The Front Page. Pls I Beg You. Thanks / A Poem For The Fallen Heroes - Superheroes / How I Lost My Twin Brother To The Cold Hands Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.