Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,436 members, 7,781,273 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:37 AM

Having Issues With Breastfeeding - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Having Issues With Breastfeeding (797 Views)

Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ / Help Me!!! I'm Having Issues With My Weight And Size. / Fertility And Issues With Conception? Get Your Answers Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Issues With Breastfeeding by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 30, 2014
Re: Having Issues With Breastfeeding by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
Re: Having Issues With Breastfeeding by Oluwatise2: 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hello dear, try and post your question on the NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! -.
Re: Having Issues With Breastfeeding by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
Re: Having Issues With Breastfeeding by Oluwatise2: 6:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
Meanwhile you can try Aptamil first milk for your baby, and for your breast I have Lansinoh that I used during the first few weeks of breast feeding. I don't mind giving you if it's okay by you.
Re: Having Issues With Breastfeeding by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
Re: Having Issues With Breastfeeding by Oluwatise2: 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
Send me a mail : tpkola@yahoo.com. Whereabout do you live in Lagos? Mainland or Island
Re: Having Issues With Breastfeeding by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
Re: Having Issues With Breastfeeding by lillyjane(f): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
Hello dear,
Congrats on the baby. I had the same problem as yours (I think its normal for first time moms). As advised by my mum, I rub fresh palm oil at the tip during the day and Shea butter mixed with coconut oil at night. By the third day, the sore was all gone.

Please note that I didn't stop feeding baby directly from the bosom. Just let her latch well.
Goodluck
Re: Having Issues With Breastfeeding by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
Re: Having Issues With Breastfeeding by Ochiban: 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
oh darling! Congrats! I'm not so sure that your baby has a problem! It usually hurts for a week or two. its a learned skill, like eating with a spoon. We all make a mess of it at first, but with proper training, we all get it.

First, use shea butter or cocoa butter or an oil that is edible since baby will be drinking some of it in her milk. Lanosil is so hard to find in nigeria. Im not too fond of coconut oil but only because a few babies have allergic reactions. Use it at all times, morning, evening, night

Second, try and make sure the baby's mouth is very wide open when you insert your tip and he/she should have almost all the dark part of your bosom in his mouth. if he latches to just the pointy tip, that hurts a bit. There are several books that can help teach you to get a better latch. Most important for me was that when baby is finished, i put my tiny finger in the side of his mouth and use that to break the hold on my bosom. And then remove bosom. If i didnt do that and just pull away, i would always crack and bleed.

You can use bottle to give yourself a rest but its okay if baby drinks even while you are bleeding, it wont harm them.
Re: Having Issues With Breastfeeding by alaura: 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
Had d same p, vaseline blue seal did the trick, it worked like magic, pele thats the joy of motherhood
Re: Having Issues With Breastfeeding by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Effective Ways Of Overcoming Menstrual Pain / See First Full HEAD TRANSPLANT A Sick Man Will Undergo; Will It Be Successful? / 14 Simple Ways To Be Healthier Every Single Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.