Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,490 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

My Earnest Questionsobong Attah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Earnest Questionsobong Attah (429 Views)

Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP / Victor Attah And Don Etiebet Defects To APC With 50,000 Supporters! / Fmr.Akwa Ibom State Governor Victor Attah, defects to APC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Earnest Questionsobong Attah by blog4all(m): 11:13am On Oct 30, 2014
In times past, good leaders were known for their honest traits and distinctive opinions but the modern day political fathers have chosen a part that is either difficult to follow or simply inconsistent.

I am not out to insult the former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, God forbid. No, never. He remains one of our best leaders and a proven voice in Nigeria. As one of his ardent followers in the past and present , I owe him respect and loyalty to divinity. I know some people still will see my humble opinion as deriding, but I feel a bigger moral burden to help an elder statesman who is on a daily basis diminishing into political limbo because of his refusal to adjust and let go of personal grudges and pains.

I have embarked upon this path of telling a story about the political history of Obong Victor Attah that has never been told before, to synchronise it with today’s events , because I hope that something truly beautiful can emerge from the misery that has blurred his image and that also threatens his future generations like me. Perhaps if my work is read, uncertainty will be erased, the beauty of our political father, will be adorned again.

Let me begin by extracting a little portion of his speech at the Coalition meeting in Abuja to drive home my point. In his speech, the former Governor said that; ‘’A level playing field cannot be had if the Electoral College consisting of delegates is skewed. It is imperative therefore that the delegates list must be authenticated. We are aware that agents of government in the state have already prepared fraudulent lists of delegates ahead of the ward congresses. We have therefore resolved that the Delegates List to be used for the gubernatorial primary MUST be authenticated by the under-listed distinguished personalities:

Read More @ http://www.blog4allnaija.com/earnest-questions-obong-attah/

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood And Ghallywood With Yoruba Movies Here / Yobe: We Shall Bring Perpetrators To Justice, Says Jonathan / Female Suicide Bomber Hits Federal College Of Education In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.