Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car (69482 Views)

Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by davestead(m): 8:40am On Oct 31, 2014
christopher123:

Paper engineer....show me ur inventions

Or rest in peace
You said it all bro like you read my mind

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Emart(m): 8:41am On Oct 31, 2014
HisSexcellency:
They tried, but the car is too small... what engine is the car using, keke or power bike.
They should make a car the size of a Japanese Toyota...
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by sycrocombus: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2014
We should rather encourage our brothers for their ingenuity whilst expecting that sporadic technological advancement instead of criticizing them. If we had people like this in the last half a century ago; Naija would have made a tremendous leap in the world of scientific inventions. We still have a long way to go but we need to support our local contents by way of funding and research & we shall one day be reckoned amongst the communities of world technological super powers. The success stories of nations like the Malaysians, China, Brazilians etc should serve as a model to us. God Bless NAIJA.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

Eya....pele o..

Like I said you are a complete waste of resource.

Smh is so teeny bopper, grow a pair son.
hehehe , if what I am is what is termed a "wasted resource ", I ll advice every youth to be a wasted resource . my parents are glad they have " this wasted resource".... am not sure your kids are happy their father is still seekin asylum at his age . Mr , earlier talked about car assemblage in the 80s but yet you couldnt work on that to create a better automobile industry and you are here criticising youths that were born just say 23 years ago . your mates are creating solutions as heads of businesses and organisations you are there calling import entrepreneurship .... at 50 something . now tell me who is a wasted resource ? oga , I can swear nothing tangible has been associated with you and as long as that is you should not criticise those guys. you sad sometime you dont visit links , but you can put up links to ask people to contact yu if they need to import and your verse says it all " if you dont buy from us ., we both are loosing money " can you imagine ... you cannot even sell yourself out in a better way at 50 somethin... who is loosing money when there are shops likes jumia , konga who have got better skill , I dont see them criticise as you are doing . oga , I tire for your matter ooo

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 31, 2014
Emart:
Hahahaahahaha..... Nigeria is developing in this Century.... The car is too small ni.... They should make a car the size of a Japanese Toyota...
with the resources you gave them ?
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Emart(m): 8:47am On Oct 31, 2014
Nice work
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by o2k(m): 8:51am On Oct 31, 2014
1. Most benz suv's on the road, would run faster than this car.
2. Dont be decieved, the engines on those formular 1 cars are trade secret.
3. Car racing is not a Nigerian thing, so why waste 4 million naira trying to solve a white mans problem or so they thought
Summary: If Nigeria must develop we must start by solving our problems, for example we need power, water, rural areas are still using fire wood to cook. These are just a few of the problems we face in the nation and formular 1 type of car is definitly not one of them

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Kanyol(m): 8:57am On Oct 31, 2014
topcheat:
do yours and we stop importing high cost toys from China
Be honest with yourself. Would u pick that toy over a made in China so-called fake car?
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 31, 2014
o2k:
3. Car racing is not a Nigerian thing, so why waste 4 million naira trying to solve a white mans problem or so they thought
Summary: If Nigeria must develop we must start by solving our problems, for example we need power, water, rural areas are still using fire wood to cook. These are just a few of the problems we face in the nation and formular 1 type of car is definitly not one of them
did they say they wanted to match it up with a benz or original formula 1 ..... obviously they know that. .... formula 1 is automobile, its a problem in nigeria and as long as these guys have got skills that can be built on , they shoul be encouraged.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 31, 2014
Kanyol:

Be honest with yourself. Would u pick that toy over a made in China so-called fake car?
did they make thousands of that car and then put it in the market ?... they just made somethjing to show case their skills .... how do some of us reason?

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Emart(m): 9:17am On Oct 31, 2014
o2k:

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Okeikpu(m): 9:24am On Oct 31, 2014
finofaya:
@OP, That's nice, really. But let's not get ahead of ourselves here. That is not a formula 1 car, or even any sort of race car. Also, we can already manufacture or assemble vehicles in Nigeria. In fact, cars are assembled and reassembled everyday by auto mechanics without university education. Its nice that these students were able to build their own chassis tho, and possibly other parts, especially with such a tight budget. If we could get the specifications of this car so that we can know exactly what was done, that would be even better. More grease to their elbows!
that's how old Formula1 cars looks..... Do some research boy..

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 31, 2014
Wait, what? it took FIVE actual engineering students to build a go kart that was like, outdated a decade ago? woah. sounds like a sick joke. you know, i just figure out why the government doesn't help native inventors. because their ideas are simply useless. they didn't invent that kart. they just built it, using other people's designs and concepts. one look at it and the 2.4 litre ferrari came to mind. not to mention it took five of them. ah, jesus.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
hehehe , if what I am is what is termed a "wasted resource ", I ll advice every youth to be a wasted resource . my parents are glad they have " this wasted resource".... am not sure your kids are happy their father is still seekin asylum at his age . Mr , earlier talked about car assemblage in the 80s but yet you couldnt work on that to create a better automobile industry and you are here criticising youths that were born just say 23 years ago . your mates are creating solutions as heads of businesses and organisations you are there calling import entrepreneurship .... at 50 something . now tell me who is a wasted resource ? oga , I can swear nothing tangible has been associated with you and as long as that is you should not criticise those guys. you sad sometime you dont visit links , but you can put up links to ask people to contact yu if they need to import and your verse says it all " if you dont buy from us ., we both are loosing money " can you imagine ... you cannot even sell yourself out in a better way at 50 somethin... who is loosing money when there are shops likes jumia , konga who have got better skill , I dont see them criticise as you are doing . oga , I tire for your matter ooo

Eya.....it's actually worse than I thought... grin grin grin

So what does all the nonsensical lunatic ramblings above have to do with the fact that this engineering students offered shyte to the world?

As many have being saying on this thread what those guys did could probably be done better by a team of blind carpenters grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 31, 2014
Teempakguy:
Wait, what? it took FIVE actual engineering students to build a go kart that was like, outdated a decade ago? woah. sounds like a sick joke. you know, i just figure out why the government doesn't help native inventors. because their ideas are simply useless. they didn't invent that kart. they just built it, using other people's designs and concepts. one look at it and the 2.4 litre ferrari came to mind. not to mention it took five of them. ah, jesus.

It's not their fault really.

The education system in Nigeria has failed. I'm not comparing it to any school overseas but to what it used to be in Nigeria of old.

Then you have brain dead lamefucks that salute and encourage this sham on the automotive sense.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

Eya.....it's actually worse than I thought... grin grin grin

So what does all the nonsensical lunatic ramblings above have to do with the fact that this engineering students offered shyte to the world?

As many have being saying on this thread what those guys did could probably be done better by a team of blind carpenters grin grin grin
and then it goes back to what has it got to do with what they offered ...sore looser like you ..... hehehehhehe.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
did they make thousands of that car and then put it in the market ?... they just made somethjing to show case their skills .... how do some of us reason?

Anybody that doesn't agree with your bent state of mind does not reason well grin

You should look up the meaning of insanity while you're busy doing your web research.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
and then it goes back to what has it got to do with what they offered ...sore looser like you ..... hehehehhehe.

Okay I'm a sore looser but I am here and you are there grin You make no sense but that is not new grin

That piece of shyte sham should be melted and used for scrap iron never to see the light of day again.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

It's not their fault really.

The education system in Nigeria has failed. I'm not comparing it to any school overseas but to what it used to be in Nigeria of old.

Then you have brain dead lamefucks that salute and encourage this sham on the automotive sense.
so , do we kill those guys becase they are a product of a failed system that was never their fault ... you are a wasted product of the nigeria of old because you could do nothing as a product to maintain and improve the standard .... if you had ideas like this guy during your time , we wont be here talking this .... cant you just see you are a parasitic being .... you gained from a good system but has failed to be productive..... go hang urself Mr.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

Okay I'm a sore looser but I am here and you are there grin You make no sense but that is not new grin

That piece of shyte sham should be melted and used for scrap iron never to see the light of day again.
does the fact that you are there make you better ... if am being productive for my company here and paid for it , why do I have to go about ranting about a situation I am not contributing to.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
so , do we kill those guys becase they are a product of a failed system that was never their fault ... you are a wasted product of the nigeria of old because you could do nothing as a product to maintain and improve the standard .... if you had ideas like this guy during your time , we wont be here talking this .... cant you just see you are a parasitic being .... you gained from a good system but has failed to be productive..... go hang urself Mr.

Kill poor innocent kids? Not me. But I know that your moral compass is faulty and you may be up for that. Good luck is all aI can say to you.

What I have done, or do is none of you concern and I'll keep dragging you back onto the topic being discussed regardless of any perambulations that your minute faculty wanders off to.

How does this shyte represent what is possible in 2014 in Nigeria? Stop supporting mediocre achievements.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
does the fact that you are there make you better ... if am being productive for my company here and paid for it , why do I have to go about ranting about a situation I am not contributing to.

You have a massive case of inferiority complex, I understand that Nigeria offers good clinical realignment for that these days.

Mate, I don't care what you do or who you work for or what achievements you have or where you live - yawwnnnnnn

This automotive shyte is an eyesore and a disgrace to all Nigerians of any substance.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by COOLCATS: 9:48am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

You have a massive case of inferiority complex, I understand that Nigeria offers good clinical realignment for that these days.

Mate, I don't care what you do or who you work for or what achievements you have or where you live - yawwnnnnnn

This automotive shyte is an eyesore and a disgrace to all Nigerians of any substance.
it is obviously clear who has got inferiority complex between the two of you .... ogbeni , get a life !

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 31, 2014
COOLCATS:
it is obviously clear who has got inferiority complex between the two of you .... ogbeni , get a life !
dont mind the dull old cargo ... its a faceless forum anyways , anybody can say anything in the name of opinion.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 31, 2014
COOLCATS:
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 31, 2014
COOLCATS:

Make up your mind, "go and die" one minute, "go hang yourself" another minute and now you are asking me to get a life? grin grin grin

You guy are so confused it's pathetic. I was joking before when I alleged that he was a complete waste of resource but now I am certain that he is.

Stop celebrating inadequacies and maybe these uni kids can improve their lot, you're doing them a disservice by patronizing them.

This piece of shyte is an automotive FAIL, a major one.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 31, 2014
Characteristics Of A Worthwhile Invention.
1. It is what everybody else thinks is immpossible.
2. it almost always puts someone out of business.
3. it is unique and new. .ish.
4. it comes from a maximum of two very advanced minds.
5. it has the potential to someday be invogue.
6. it makes its creator . . .richer.
7. it puts its creator's life at risk.
8. it attracts congloromates.
9. it is patentable.
10. it inevitably puts foreign countries at the mercy of the creator's native country.
sorry, UNIZIK guys. you just don't cut it.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
dont mind the dull old cargo ... its a faceless forum anyways , anybody can say anything in the name of opinion.

Eya...you finally got an admirer grin Oh wait, are you bouncing form one userid to another? grin

So offer you opinion and stop taking this personal, oloriburuku omo.

This automotive shyte is a national disgrace.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 31, 2014
Teempakguy:
Characteristics Of A Worthwhile Invention.
1. It is what everybody else thinks is immpossible.
2. it almost always puts someone out of business.
3. it is unique and new. .ish.
4. it comes from a maximum of two very advanced minds.
5. it has the potential to someday be invogue.
6. it makes its creator . . .richer.
7. it puts its creator's life at risk.
8. it attracts congloromates.
9. it is patentable.
10. it inevitably puts foreign countries at the mercy of the creator's native country.
sorry, UNIZIK guys. you just don't cut it.

A failure for sure but they are not as bad as the deranged numbnuts that are celebrating this national embarrassment.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by COOLCATS: 9:59am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

Make up your mind, "go and die" one minute, "go hang yourself" another minute and not you are asking me to get a life? grin grin grin

You guy are so confused it's pathetic. I was joking before when I alleged that he was a complete waste of resource but now I am certain that he is.

Stop celebrating inadequacies and maybe these uni kids can improve their lot, you're doing them a disservice by patronizing them.

This piece of shyte is an automotive FAIL, a major one.
how does this better the country or change the fact that those guys have used their time wisely . I dont think he is a waste , you should think about that .... perhaps , see if you can learn or or two things to better you .
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by ebukaOtika(m): 9:59am On Oct 31, 2014
HisSexcellency:
They tried, but the car is too small... what engine is the car using, keke or power bike.

Mr ITK what have you to offer na since you sabi all the engine types ,,,, abi na mechanic you dey do ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Will You Buy This Bulletproof Luxury Toyota Coaster Bus For N165m? (photos) / 'Witch' Number Plate In Garki Abuja {pics} / Best Oil Grade To Use For Nigerian Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.