Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car (69508 Views)

Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
UnimkeAk:

You can that a technological breakthrough?

Take a chill pill.
he never said it was a technological breakthrough , he asked you to present your technological breakthrough ..... perhaps thats too much , you should present some of your works for us to learn ... how about this ?

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
davestead:

I was jus asking since some morons on this forum have taken the moral high road and claiming to be better or even produce better things. But as far as am concerned, if you don't show ur own skill and products but at the same time berating what these ingenious guys achieved to the extent of calling it "shyte"...den u hv no business talking at all. That said, dt CityNG of a guy is an empty guy ranting like a lunatic! #peace
he is not a " guy " as you may perhaps be thinking .... he is a father , you can then have an imagination of his biological products.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
Feraz:
In as much as I understand where you're going, be honest with yourself. Do you think that amount of money they used would have done a fraction of any of the above you listed taking into consideration the country these guys come from? Nanotech you say? How much does it cost ordinarily to build a research centre on the above? You said billions of dollars is being pumped into the research of the above technology so do you expect these students to use that partly sum for the above? You said it yourself 'India's minister of Science and Technology' but for these guys, which government ministry has decided to pump money and resources into researches in our various institutes to see the fruits of what you envisaged for India in the next 10 years?

Of course, what they did may not be all that awesome but the sheer will-power and the fact that they want to do something different from what many of their peers would consider a waste, they deserve commendation, at least, for their efforts. Imagine them being in a well equipped school, do you think they'll come out with the above?

Then again, I'm not stuck in the educational system of the 60s as you said. smiley
thats how you know daft criticism , some one whose arguments is baseless and has got no direction . how much of resources do these gus have access to from the private setor and government .... and they can compare their skills to the ones in germany . if the project looks poo , those guys are not poo .

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
he is not a " guy " as you may perhaps be thinking .... he is a father , you can then have an imagination of his biological products.

My sex, parental status and/or biological product are not what is being discussed grin

This automotive fraud is what is being discussed. This shyte is a complete disappointment in 2014 in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

My sex, parental status and/or biological product is not what is being discussed.

This automotive fraud is what is being discussed. This shyte is a complete disappointment in 2014 in Nigeria.
Who is in a discussion with you ? oga park one side joo and go discuss with critics like you since the 80's .... yea its disappointment but the guys are not disappointments ... period . you can say whatever you lke.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
Who is in a discussion with you ? oga park one side joo and go discuss with critics like you since the 80's .... yea its disappointment but the guys are not disappointments ... period . you can say whatever you lke.

You are in discussion with me since yesterday when you chose to attack my opinion grin

It gives me great pleasure to see that I'm making you uncomfortable so I won't be parking one side as requested.

I never said the poor uni kids are a disappointment, I have repeatedly stated that it is the car that is a fraud trusted upon my person.

The "car" using the term loosely is a great disappointment and a national embarrassment, not the kids.

I am saying what I like, and I've been doing so all along and kept completely withing the NL TOS grin

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:
Why do we continue to celebrate inadequacies in Nigeria?

This is a piece of shyte and primary school students should be ashamed.

But I don't blame this mor0ns though, when their Vice Chancellor is too busy parading alleged rapists around the campus and leading jungle justice cowboys.
I just needed to prove to you that you ought to be somewhere thinking about how unsensible you have been . you just said you didnt insult the guys behind the project but the project itself ..... so whats the meaning of the above post calling them" morons". you are just a no good person that should be avoided by all means . oh you think there was a time I have been comfortable wth you .... No , there was never and there will never be . your opinion is worthless cant you see .... you have been a critic since the 80's but no product .cant you see you are an epitome of hat is called " ode " in your lanuage . alagba , ogbeni or whateevr it is you would like to be called .... you are irrelevant as long as it concerns these guys , I dont blame you as to that tho when you can proudly say " am a nairalander " like forum owner pays you millions. you are an unproductive critic , sore looser . this will be my last mention as it is obvious you are a grown fool .... rather than you educate , you chose to exchange insults with folks your age dont match up to.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
I just needed to prove to you that you ought to be somewhere thinking about how unsensible you have been . you just said you didnt insult the guys behind the project but the project itself ..... so whats the meaning of the above post calling them" morons". you are just a no good person that should be avoided by all means . oh you think there was a time I have been comfortable wth you .... No , there was never and there will never be . your opinion is worthless cant you see .... you have been a critic since the 80's but no product .cant you see you are an epitome of hat is called " ode " in your lanuage . alagba , ogbeni or whateevr it is you would like to be called .... you are irrelevant as long as it concerns these guys , I dont blame you as to that tho when you can proudly say " am a nairalander " like forum owner pays you millions. you are an unproductive critic , sore looser . this will be my last mention as it is obvious you are a grown fool .... rather than you educate , you chose to exchange insults with folks your age dont match up to.

Yawwwnnnn......

So what does all this have to do with the subject at hand, oponu abirun omo ti oye ki won ti se danu grin

The car is shyte and should be dismantled and is a national disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

Yawwwnnnn......

So what does all this have to do with the subject at hand, oponu abirun omo ti oye ki won ti se danu grin

hahahahahahahahahahahah ...... I got ya ! thank God you still called it a car. byyyeeeee
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by slimderek(m): 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
Kanyol:
I don't want to be sarcastic here but all I see is two "agbayas" on a toy car. Chinese students go don laugh dem tire undecided undecided

compare

Shebi Chinese Student dey make Lamborghini?

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
hahahahahahahahahahahah ...... I got ya ! thank God you still called it a car. byyyeeeee

You can never wake up early enough, jump high enough or run fast enough to ever catch me, never.

The car is a national disgrace and abomination and has no place being celebrated.

Coward, run off like the yellow belly wuss waste of resource that you are lol

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nelsoniela: 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
very good
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nelsoniela: 11:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
Na for public abi for private?
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by nextstreetfilms(m): 11:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
4million naira haba my country! y
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by ebukaOtika(m): 5:10am On Nov 01, 2014
majekdom2:
Pls e don do biko nu.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by ebukaOtika(m): 5:11am On Nov 01, 2014
CityNG:

Yawwwnnnn......

Just listen to yourself dude ,,.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by OpraMenu(m): 5:15am On Nov 01, 2014
benega:
Am not impressed, my mechanic can do better, no go find wetin 2 do with ur lyf, old men making toy car angry

Y S IT SO HARD 4 SM PPL TO ENCOURAGE ODA PPL?

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 01, 2014
ebukaOtika:

Just listen to yourself dude ,,.

No, it is you that needs to read what I wrote instead grin

JJC.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 01, 2014
icemann:
Nice, A lot better than the guy that stuck a solar panel on a car (see below) and called it an "Electric Pneumatic hybrid car" and Foolss were calling him the new Elon Musk.
You must have a very low IQ to assume that those unizik guys did better than the guy that stuck a solar panel on a car. A high reasoning fellow wuld applaud that the solar guy has a very great concept and with time, the solar panel may be incorporated to the roof of cars in subsequent manufactured cars.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Okeikpu(m): 7:58am On Nov 01, 2014
finofaya:

The OP says a formula 1 car was built, not a car that looks like a formula 1 car. Do your research.
Ok (¬_¬)
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by AutosBay(m): 9:50am On Nov 01, 2014
Highly innovative.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Kanyol(m): 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
majekdom2:
did they make thousands of that car and then put it in the market ?... they just made somethjing to show case their skills .... how do some of us reason?
They spent 4 million naira to build that giant toy. How silly!!!

Kesmakveli:
Amazing: Unizik Students Produce Race Car

According to the initiator of the project, Okoyenta Augustus, the materials for the car were locally sourced and it took them two years to put in place. The cost of the project still according to him was about .4 million naira, though with the support of the department.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Bluvbytee(m): 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
This is meant for DEATH RACING(Direct to heaven).
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by InvertedHammer: 6:52pm On Nov 01, 2014
davestead:

As far as I've not seen your own achievement, nor seen you on TV...all what you wrote above is total trash! Btw, you are not in Nigeria and have no damn right to comment on what happens here. What are you doing over there? Come home and start performing magical transformation.

What I am doing over here?

Well, I work in the morgue. I also wipe old people's a_ss. I drive taxi. I am a security guard. I am an illegal immigrant.

Feel free to throw in anything else condescending enough to make yourself feel better about your miserable life.

If you cannot handle criticism and divergent opinions, then do yourself a favour by staying away from public forums. Or better, go jump into the lagoon.

/
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by InvertedHammer: 7:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
majekdom2:
if general motors , ford or volkswagen had our any of our nigerian university as a Research and development centre , do you think they would not do something better.
\
Well if during the interview, they present this as shown as their final year project, GM or Ford would gladly employ them in the Janitorial department.
/
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
InvertedHammer:

\
Well if during the interview, they present this as shown as their final year project, GM or Ford would gladly employ them in the Janitorial department.
/
thats if you had gm in nigeria , sadly we dont .... but if presented to innoson motors gm , they may be employed . there are somethings you look into properly . if the project is poo the guys are not poo. how many nigerian graduates with first degree has GM employed ....bro ... I understand its wack as a project but presenting your ideas or skills with the availability and resources you got is never a wrong step . you get my point now .

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by 9inches(m): 2:49am On Nov 07, 2014
Kanyol:

They spent 4 million naira to build that giant toy. How silly!!!

nextstreetfilms:
4million naira haba my country! y

Use your eyes connected to your brains guys. It is written .4million naira. That is 0.4million naira or simply put 400,000 naira. No supervisor would approve a N4million final year project in our unis.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by davestead(m): 1:51am On Apr 09, 2015
InvertedHammer:

What I am doing over here?

Well, I work in the morgue. I also wipe old people's a_ss. I drive taxi. I am a security guard. I am an illegal immigrant.

Feel free to throw in anything else condescending enough to make yourself feel better about your miserable life.

If you cannot handle criticism and divergent opinions, then do yourself a favour by staying away from public forums. Or better, go jump into the lagoon.

/
Life is tough bro! But we all gotta live through it. Am sorry if you misunderstood my comment in the first place but I wouldn't have said so if you acknowledged their works. The Nigerian University environment rarely encourages the students to come up with such. That's why such is rare. These guys funded the project themselves. You only need to be here to know what am talking about.....#respect
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
majekdom2:
yes good try , the first plane does not look like the modern day boeing!

True. But this is NOT the first car, is it?
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by tope24(m): 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
Siena:

True. But this is NOT the first car, is it?

Gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good question sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Will You Buy This Bulletproof Luxury Toyota Coaster Bus For N165m? (photos) / 'Witch' Number Plate In Garki Abuja {pics} / Audi B5 420-R: The Build.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.