Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car (69507 Views)

Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
oluwaKStar:
who told you Nigerians are all theory no practical....i often jst laff at my sec skul teachers when they boast abt reading or finishing a whole or 2 textbooks for one exam or the other
bro , I can tell you still a child .... no pratical yes ... have you bothered to ask yourself why no pratical ... have you ? is it the students faults that there are no resources ... have you asked yourself if it will be ever nice attending any of these institutions with no hands on work . you laugh at your teachers , the ones that teach you . thats to show your quality . you may never be ready to learn because you feel you know too much . reading is never samething as theory , if you dont know , know that . when you read , you ought to have resources for you to practice with ... reading is never the same as theory , learning without handsonwork is what is theory. well , obviously majority of you condemning are still struggling to make waec as I can tell from your fellow bro who says energy is wasted.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by asala1: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
kai , you know crap about the industry , you are just one of those guys that turn into CNN and start imagining what you see in tv happens in Nigeria .... you keep talking nano , what do you know about nano . which world has power problem ? energy is never wasted dummy ... thats if you still remeber you physics , integrated science pehaps. we flare our gases thats what you call heat I guess and yes we maximizing the gases now to produce electricity. there is the renewable energy that is wind being used in the west .... you know nothing and you are here condemning. before you need to say our graduates need to do that , you have to provide technologies . you are so shallow you think graduates with ideas are not of economic value ... well I have to stop debating with someone like you who can type energy being wasted.

What the hell are you taking about? You don't know shit and you claim to be an Engineer, this exactly what i am talking about. Nigerian education is worst than I thought. We don't waste energy? What percentage of your fuel is usefully converted into mechanical energy to move your automobiles? What happens to the rest? What happens to the efficiency of boilers, remelt and smelting furnaces, etc. You need to read a lot more.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by oluwaKStar(m): 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
bro , I can tell you still a child .... no pratical yes ... have you bothered to ask yourself why no pratical ... have you ? is it the students faults that there are no resources ... have you asked yourself if it will be ever nice attending any of these institutions with no hands on work . you laugh at your teachers , the ones that teach you . thats to show your quality . you may never be ready to learn because you feel you know too much . reading is never samething as theory , if you dont know , know that . when you read , you ought to have resources for you to practice with ... reading is never the same as theory , learning without handsonwork is what is theory. well , obviously majority of you condemning are still struggling to make waec as I can tell from your fellow bro who says energy is wasted.
struggling to make waec I laugh! Fflw me and expect to see an all A result by nxt year bruv..
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 30, 2014
asala1:

What the hell are you taking about? You don't know shit and you claim to be an Engineer, this exactly what i am talking about. Nigerian education is worst than I thought. We don't waste energy? What percentage of your fuel is usefully converted into mechanical energy to move your automobiles? What happens to the rest? What happens to the efficiency of boilers, remelt and smelting furnaces, etc. You need to read a lot more.
The same Nigerian education you want to use in nano-tech research....LoL
you should visit: IAmconfused.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by InvertedHammer: 8:32pm On Oct 30, 2014
Noneroone:
The fact that u couldn't achieve such with all ur grammar makes it more ridiculous.

/
What is your point?

The scrap is what I will expect from mechanics at mgbuka Obosi or Ladipo spare parts dealers.

From engineering students? It makes mockery of tertiary education.

A roadside welder or 9th Mile corner panel-beater would design a body better than this.

The least they could do is pretend like they put in some thought into the process.

Come on. Are you freaking kidding me?

\

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by RFella(m): 8:32pm On Oct 30, 2014
Abbey2sam:

the budget is not tight ........With 4million naira , they can do better than than that

and it high time we stop encouraging coupling or assembling or whatever it is they call it.......

We need innovation
we need discovery
we need invention

Bros, it is 400,000naira not 4million u hear? Innovation kor, renovation ni....u never hear say na from clap, dem dey enter dance abi? tomorrow now when these lads join the brain-drain in this country, ur type will sit on ur couch and complain of lack of innovation from 9ja graduates...crap

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by deScifa(m): 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
This is crap....bullshit....we should stop celebrating mediocrity abeg.

1.This can not pass to be a racing car that it looks like one does not make it one.
2. This junk can not run faster than old school Volks Wagen Beetle and if it does its gonna fall apart at relatively high speed....why?.....Not sure the Junk makers wore their thinking cap to know that the back tires are suppose to be wider apart than the front tires.
3. Its suppose to be longer to make it closer to gravity.

Technologies are out there for us to embrace already....lets embrace em...improve on them...then we can start talking about innovations/inventions.

wink

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
am sure you are above 30 for you to know shalake , still I dont think you did anything meaningful in your university years and a reason you had to go seek greener pastures abroad I guess.

I'm sure that I'm old enough to be your father so watch your tongue Son.

What I did in my university years or the reason why I am partly living overseas has nothing to do with this shameful eyesore presented here.

Stop grasping at straws as you fall back into the abyss you continue to fall into.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by davestead(m): 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
tsolz300:
So these dudes spent 4m to build this piece of sh#t? undecided ..
Wow....and it took them two years? Lol..

Ko kan aiye undecided
.4 million , dat is N400,000 dats wat it says...look well before commenting. Besides, wat hv u achieved?? Nigerians nd hypocrisy..pathetic!!!

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by davestead(m): 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
millionboi:
4million ride.....2expensiv o o
.4 million naira which is N400,000
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by TundeCole(m): 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
People are too quick to criticize and condemn. But if one should consider the present situation in dis economy and the untold hardship it presents. You will definitely have a rethink.

These guys have put their brains to work. Though the outcome may not meet standards as obtained in developed coutries of the world, but they did come out with something that could inspire greater outcomes in the nearest future.

Kudos I must say...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2014
asala1:

the reading you have been doing that leaves you with no pratical hands on experience to know that the unused energy is always converted to another form even if it seems to have no use to humans it may have some use to the ecological system .

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by felifeli: 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2014
Kesmakveli:
Amazing: Unizik Students Produce Race Car

Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka has recorded yet another landmark breakthrough recently when five of her students produced a formula 1 car.

The students, from the department of mechanical Engineering produced the race car as their project.

The names of the student engineers include
*Okoyenta Augustus,
*Okeke Chukwuebuka,
*Ofoegbu Kenechukwu,
*Ibekwe Ebeneezer and
*Ezeani Chikeluba.

According to the initiator of the project, Okoyenta Augustus, the materials for the car were locally sourced and it took them two years to put in place. The cost of the project still according to him was about .4 million naira, though with the support of the department.

The students drove the car last tuesday to the administrative block to showcase the novel achievement to the vice chancellor, Prof. Joseph Ahaneku and the university community. Long Live the #‎UNIZIK5‬. Long Live Department of Mechanical Engineering. *Long Live Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=717008825043277&id=178933212184177&refid=17

What is the purpose or usefulness of this contraption? What problem does it solve in this country ? Clearly a misuse of energy and money
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
saxywale:

are you minding the confused fellow , who has just been talking about technology like the nigerian universities have got the capability ..... I ll be waiting for him to build his nano with the present nigerian educational system.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by wayodude(m): 8:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
No be this kain ting dem dey call BORIS that year?
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
CityNG:

I'm sure that I'm old enough to be your father so watch your tongue Son.

What I did in my university years or the reason why I am partly living overseas has nothing to do with this shameful eyesore presented here.

Stop grasping at straws as you fall back into the abyss you continue to fall into.
I wouldnt encourage my dad to talk down any idea no matter how little it seems to be , he would not be stupid to do that anyways . do you have any of your kids in our nigerian university ?
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by slap1(m): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
This is a national embarrassment.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
felifeli:

What is the purpose or usefulness of this contraption? What problem does it solve in this country ? Clearly a misuse of energy and money
the project may seem useless , but those guys are not ... the brain behind it is never useless and definitely it may create something better tomorrow
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Evasmillingguy(m): 8:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
This is very nice
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by xtervaganza(m): 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
What these guys achieved is well and truly commendable.

But for this country to be celebrating this? Smh
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2014
slap1:
and then the man that died in spain because he had some cocaine in his stomach or the politician bein convicted for fraud abroad is what ... please we should stop thnking this way.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
slap1:
yes. A reflection of the society you live in. All thanks to your politicians in power.
You don't expect them to build one similar to that of a student in Britain or South Korea.
Did you read a report celebrated on CNN some couple of days ago how a Liberian nursing students saved three relatives from the Ebola sickness by using crude method, making gloves and hazardous materials suit from trash bags.
She had to make use of what was available. Americans were asking their government to bring her to US on scholarship.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/health/ebola-fatu-family/

That is ingenuity. The intellectual capability is most important and it's a strong indicator of intelligence. These students if placed in higher institution in developed countries would excel and create a better project.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by maclatunji: 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
Arysexy:

What can u produce apart from terrorism?

mtcheeeeew!

LOL. Anybody pained by the obvious truth should check themselves.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
if general motors , ford or volkswagen had our any of our nigerian university as a Research and development centre , do you think they would not do something better.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by khk01: 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
Nice job..Nah dis one we dey talk,no be those one wey covenant univeristy go buy car for outside come they use am form for outside...God dey,keep up the good work guys.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by asala1: 9:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
saxywale:

Hot air. If the country still struggles to assemble an f1 technology discovered in EU and America 40-50years ago. How do you intend to carry out or support hi-tech research in the field of nano- materials and the likes

Talk is cheap sha. Have you been to OAU to check out their micro and nanotechnology lab? (my initial thesis was in the characterization of ZnO nano particles, I eventually gave up when it was costing me too much money since I had to get most of my lab work analyzed for a fee by a research institute in Italy). A secondary school physics laboratory in countries carrying out high quality research is more equipped than our research institute here in Nigeria.

This project done by unizik students deserves some commendation, they made use of the limited resources they had in an unsupportive country like Nigeria.

Maybe you are right, as at 2012 there is no functional SEM or TEM to carryout common characterization, that is available in most science and engineering labs in every serious universities outside Nigeria. But still I can't still find a way to justify this. I can't blame the boys doing this, all I feel for them is pity as they will part with a lot of money to buy fairly used parts of different automobiles to assemble this thing. Their professor really needs serious schooling about what is trending in the research world. Like i said earlier no stupid investor will even look this twice, all automobile manufacturing company most especially those producing for F1 have strong R&Ds trying to improve their product and they are willing to liaise with any institution/Professor having something positive to offer. When they see this they will just laugh and may buy it to keep in their museum to always help them in remembering the foolishness of Africans.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by asala1: 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
saxywale:

But I have friends working on Nano-technology even in Nigeria, even though they have problems with a lot of things and are far backward in the trend (cause most universities deals with their applications now and have long gone pass the development stages) and some lucky hardworking ones gets 6-12 months fellowship out of that country. At least they are contributing their quota in the field that will benefit humanity.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
I wouldnt encourage my dad to talk down any idea no matter how little it seems to be , he would not be stupid to do that anyways . do you have any of your kids in our nigerian university ?

That sounds like a family discussion, not interested in the least bit.

What does where my Daughters, if I have any and if they are university aged, go to school have to do with this contraption pictured?
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
asala1:

Maybe you are right, as at 2012 there is no functional SEM or TEM to carryout common characterization, that is available in most science and engineering labs in every serious universities outside Nigeria. But still I can't still find a way to justify this. I can't blame the boys doing this, all I feel for them is pity as they will part with a lot of money to buy fairly used parts of different automobiles to assemble this thing. Their professor really needs serious schooling about what is trending in the research world. Like i said earlier no stupid investor will even look this twice, all automobile manufacturing company most especially those producing for F1 have strong R&Ds trying to improve their product and they are willing to liaise with any institution/Professor having something positive to offer. When they see this they will just laugh and may buy it to keep in their museum to always help them in remembering the foolishness of Africans.
Exactly. How many Nigerian students are even ready to spend kobo on a dissertation. These guys have contributed both time and money on their project. If it was all about grades, they would have just made something very simple and still walk off with their A grade. They went the extra mile even with limited support and funding.

Their professors are well aware of what is going on outside the country even much more than the students. Some of my professors aat Ife were Yale and Stanford trained. They still attend academic conferences overseas. But it's the environment that matters. When I was a student at Ife, i remember a particular year when our department(a whole engineering department with over 40 lecturers) received only 30,000 naira from the faculty to carry out research for a year!

Professors in G8 and other developed countries have support for research from the government and the industry. Do you know how much a professor(just one professor and not the department) receives every year for research in universities abroad?Some receive more than $500k a year just to support research. It's out of that money they give funding/scholarship to brilliant students from Africa willing to further their studies in their Universities.
Of course, no investor would invest money in that but most investor would be willing to invest in their talent and intelligence. Believe me, if these guys have a chance to leave the country for advance studies in a developed country, they won't find it difficult getting employment in the Automotive manufacturing industries.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Brano(m): 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
Una neva talk 2ru. 4million naira 4 dat *cartoon* wey i de c dia abi e gt anoda 1?
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
oluwaKStar:
struggling to make waec I laugh! Fflw me and expect to see an all A result by nxt year bruv..
Aii, all the best but I got some advice for you . talk is cheap . I made good grades , 6 Bs , 1 A1 , 2 Cs . I had a friend who made 9 As and another 7As and 2 Bs. we never laughed at our teachers who will learnt from , there was no nairaland then , infact internet was not common am talking 2004 . we are all doing fine now , one is out of the country tho , he loves research and knows naija is not the place. I dont know you or your parents , but if you thinking with the present naija educational system you will be able to build the present day boeing plane , you are only decieving yourself ok . I ll advice you get back to your books , if you will be contributing on here it should be more of sharing of ideas and knowledge not talking down one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Will You Buy This Bulletproof Luxury Toyota Coaster Bus For N165m? (photos) / 'Witch' Number Plate In Garki Abuja {pics} / Audi B5 420-R: The Build.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.