Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog (36488 Views)

Sarplaninac Vs Caucasian / Check Out Dis Adult Male Caucasian Dog! / Caucasian Dog In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by xanadu101(m): 12:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
very soon i'll get my self a dog. i was thinking of getting a GSD but i saw Caucasian dogs and they look very cute and hairy. i'm becoming to like a Caucasian more than a GSD. i want to know if the Caucasian is easier to maintain cos l've read about the GSD but i don't know much about d Caucasian. hope they're not expensive to maintain and they're not so wild and aggressive like d rot and boerboel.

1 Like

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by chucky234(m): 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
Caucasian are great dogs and inexpesive to maintain, mine live indoor and very friendly with everyone in the neigbourhood.
Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by osuntokun(m): 4:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
i liked the Caucasian dogs more. You will love mine! 16 month old male!

5 Likes

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by Seun(m): 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
Get a GSD. Real Caucasian Shepherd dogs are too aggressive for most people. And too big, so you'll spend more money on food, shampoo, stitches, etc. GSDs are not exactly a piece of cake either, due to their protective nature and strong need for exercise and mental stimulation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by kuzee(m): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
osuntokun:
i liked the Caucasian dogs more. You will love mine! 16 month old male!
what is the price of your dog when you bought it?
thinkin of gettin one
and what kennel sold it to you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by ethereal(f): 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2014
xanadu101:
very soon i'll get my self a dog. i was thinking of getting a GSD but i saw Caucasian dogs and they look very cute and hairy. i'm becoming to like a Caucasian more than a GSD. i want to know if the Caucasian is easier to maintain cos l've read about the GSD but i don't know much about d Caucasian. hope they're not expensive to maintain and they're not so wild and aggressive like d rot and boerboel.
GSD's are smarter,much more intelligent and way faster than Caucasians.caucasians bark too much and relies heavily on its sheer size.they both eat voraciously bt d Caucasians eat more...I guess cos of its size.GSD's are more responsive to commands and more controllable.Caucasians are much more assertive n stubborn..they're both cool though.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by oluomoadebayo: 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
ethereal:
GSD's are smarter,much more intelligent and way faster than Caucasians.caucasians bark too much and relies heavily on its sheer size.they both eat voraciously bt d Caucasians eat more...I guess cos of its size.GSD's are more responsive to commands and more controllable.Caucasians are much more assertive n stubborn..they're both cool though.

GSD is more intelligent and trainable than Caucassian. Caucasian has an intimidating stature but never came close to real GSD anyday. Not the size of the dog but the amount of fight in the dog matters.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by ethereal(f): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
I've gt both of 'em but I prefer my GSD anyday!!!

1 Like

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by xanadu101(m): 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
THANK YOU ALL. I THINK I'LL GO FOR A GSD. I'VE ALWAYS LOVE A GSD.

5 Likes

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by chucky234(m): 7:00am On Nov 01, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

GSD is more intelligent and trainable than Caucassian. Caucasian has an intimidating stature but never came close to real GSD anyday. Not the size of the dog but the amount of fight in the dog matters.
Hahaha dont make me laugh, a pure breed Caucasian Ovcharka is regarded as world's most dangerous dog and they are also part of the Russian army.

8 Likes

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by oluomoadebayo: 10:30am On Nov 01, 2014
chucky234:
Hahaha dont make me laugh, a pure breed Caucasian Ovcharka is regarded as world's most dangerous dog and they are also part of the Russian army.

Man that was a long time ago and the only working breeds the military and police are using all over the world is GSD and Malinois. And mind you I don't even need a dangerous dog but a cool and clear headed dog that knows what he is doing.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by chucky234(m): 11:31am On Nov 01, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Man that was a long time ago and the only working breeds the military and police are using all over the world is GSD and Malinois. And mind you I don't even need a dangerous dog but a cool and clear headed dog that knows what he is doing.
Long time ago?
I can clearly see where you are coming from, lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by oluomoadebayo: 11:34am On Nov 01, 2014
chucky234:
Long time ago?
I can clearly see where you are coming from, lol
We are all here to learn and I will like you to proof me wrong. Show me recent video of both breeds as a working dog , not just chained dog making empty threat.

1 Like

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by chucky234(m): 11:49am On Nov 01, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

We are all here to learn and I will like you to proof me wrong. Show me recent video of both breeds as a working dog , not just chained dog making empty threat.
Well you dont sound like someone who is willing to learn, Caucasian is a guarding dog and the number one in the list of top 25 guarding dogs.
The only thing the GSD have over the Caucasian is jumb agility and intelligence but thats not say that Caucasian are not smart, caucasian is not a dog for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by oluomoadebayo: 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2014
chucky234:
Well you dont sound like someone who is willing to learn, Caucasian is a guarding dog and the number one in the list of top 25 guarding dogs.
The only thing the GSD have over the Caucasian is jumb agility and intelligence but thats not say that Caucasian are not smart, caucasian is not a dog for everyone.

thanks mr teacher. Caucasian are flock guardian dog and they are good in protecting their pack but most of them bark and bite in fear and I have seen a lot of them with fear aggression while you guys think it's scary and a good thing to have. GSD is all round dog, intelligent ,protective and smart. i will take a confident sheephard dog over a Caucasian anyday.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by chucky234(m): 2:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

thanks mr teacher. Caucasian are flock guardian dog and they are good in protecting their pack but most of them bark and bite in fear and I have seen a lot of them with fear aggression while you guys think it's scary and a good thing to have. GSD is all round dog, intelligent ,protective and smart. i will take a confident sheephard dog over a Caucasian anyday.
LWKMD
You just gave yourself out and this shows you know next to nothing about dogs.
Caucasian is confident,strong willed, fearless and assertive.
The fact is you have never seen a pure breed Caucasian let alone got the balls to stand next to one, GSD also barks a lot more than Caucasian.
My Caucasian lives indoor and rarely bark, aside guarding Caucasian were bred for fighting and combat.
Caucasian ovcharka was used in combat by Russian soldiers in worldwar II not for tracking but for pure combat, unlike GSD whose assest is its sense of smell to track and detect.
Caucasian in the past have single handedly fought bear, pack of wolves and lions, that is why it has remained the badest dog out there closely followed by Pitbull and Rottie. Those breed dont have any atom of fear in their gene bro, I'm not refering to those alterated dogs sold as Caucasian in Jos.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by oluomoadebayo: 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
chucky234:
LWKMD
You just gave yourself out and this shows you know next to nothing about.
Caucasian is confident,strong willed, fearless and assertive.
The fact is you have never seen a pure breed Caucasian let alone got the balls to stand next to one, GSD also barks a lot more than Caucasian.
My Caucasian lives indoor and rarely bark, aside guarding Caucasian were bred for fighting and combat.
Caucasian ovcharka was used in combat by Russian soldiers in worldwar II not for tracking but for pure combat, unlike GSD whose assest is its sense of smell to track and detect.
Caucasian in the past have single handedly fought bear, pack of wolves and lions, that is why it has remained the badest dog out there closely followed by Pitbull and Rottie. Those breed dont have any atom of fear in their gene bro, I'm not refering to those alterated dogs sold as Caucasian in Jos.

Well good for you and best of luck with your dog but I don't think it's an ideal family protection dog.

3 Likes

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by chucky234(m): 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Well good for you and best of luck with your dog but I don't think it's an ideal family protection dog.
Caucasian is currently ranked number one for protection of families and property, they guard even your cups and plates with their lives.

8 Likes

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by oluomoadebayo: 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2014
chucky234:
Caucasian is currently ranked number one for protection of families and property, they guard even your cups and plates with their lives.
I wonder why I don't see them for sale as a protection dog. Just give me a link of a company selling them as a protection dog.

2 Likes

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by chucky234(m): 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

I wonder why I don't see them for sale as a protection dog. Just give me a link of a company selling them as a protection dog.
Companies selling dogs for protection?
lol epic

1 Like

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by Seun(m): 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
oluomoadebayo:
The GSD and Malinois are more pliable. They can attack/protect, but they can also be commanded to stop attacking without killing the suspect. Also, they are more athletic; they can take down armed suspects so fast that they won't have time to fetch, aim, and discharge their weapons.

xanadu101:
i want to know if the Caucasian is easier to maintain.
The answer is no. They are bigger than GSDs, so the maintenance costs e.g. cost of feeding will be higher. Big dogs are expensive dogs.

and they're not so wild and aggressive like d rot and boerboel.
They are more aggressive than the Rott and Boerboel. The Caucasian is the only breed I know of which not being aggressive is actually a fault.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by Seun(m): 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2014
oluomoadebayo:
Caucasian has an intimidating stature but never came close to real GSD anyday. Not the size of the dog but the amount of fight in the dog matters.
I love GSDs and Malinois but Caucasians are definitely better fighters. In Russia they compete in dog fighting rings and the best fighters are used as studs. That's the original reason why their ears get cropped: because dogs tend to grab each others' ears during dog fights. But a great fighting dog isn't necessarily a good family protection dog. The independent nature of the Caucasian is an asset if you're on a remote farm and relying on them to fight off wolves and other predators in your absence, but in the urban world such a dog is a serious liability. A modern protection dog should be trainable and obedient, so that you can teach it who to attack and also call it back if it goes after the wrong people.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by chucky234(m): 7:17am On Nov 02, 2014
Seun:

I love GSDs and Malinois but Caucasians are definitely better fighters. In Russia they compete in dog fighting rings and the best fighters are used as studs. That's the original reason why their ears get cropped: because dogs tend to grab each others' ears during dog fights. But a great fighting dog isn't necessarily a good family protection dog. The independent nature of the Caucasian is an asset if you're on a remote farm and relying on them to fight off wolves and other predators in your absence, but in the urban world such a dog is a serious liability. A modern protection dog should be trainable and obedient, so that you can teach it who to attack and also call it back if it goes after the wrong people.
Caucasian are trainable and learn very fast too, you can also call it back. The key is starting early say from 2 months of age and dedicate at least 20mins daily to obedient trainning.
Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by ethereal(f): 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

u nailed it!!!..sometimes mine's so easily scared and would bark so much I'd have to lock him up,took me a while to teach him to "shut up"!lolllz.bt d GSD barks when there's an actual security threat.

10 Likes

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by oluomoadebayo: 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
ethereal:
u nailed it!!!..sometimes mine's so easily scared and would bark so much I'd have to lock him up,took me a while to teach him to "shut up"!lolllz.bt d GSD barks when there's an actual security threat.

Dog breed is a thing of choice and interest. I'm in love with malinois and I was just giving my honest response to the OP. No other breed will win my earth the way Mali does. So good luck to the OP in selectin his breed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by chucky234(m): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2014
ethereal:
That is certainly not a Caucasian, you got yourself mixed dog with altered characteristics.
Full bloodline caucasian ovcharka are not excessive barker, they are alert and calculative.
GSD barks a lot more than Caucasian, I have owned pure breed of both dogs and have also done a lot of research over the years.

8 Likes

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:02am On Nov 03, 2014
I love Caucasians but their stubbornness is really annoying. took a friend's causcasian for a walk some days ago. we were crossing a road and the dog just stopped and sat in the middle of the road. it took me a lot of pulling and prodding before I got him to move. traffic was already backing up. I was lucky it was a Sunday otherwise that dog could've gotten me seriously hurt. was kinda kul shaa because the dog is huge

6 Likes

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by ethereal(f): 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
chucky234:
That is certainly not a Caucasian, you got yourself mixed dog with altered characteristics.
Full bloodline caucasian ovcharka are not excessive barker, they are alert and calculative.
GSD barks a lot more than Caucasian, I have owned pure breed of both dogs and have also done a lot of research over the years.
u're quite right on dat.bloodline's been tainted actually.bt nonetheless,he's got me loads of accolades and admiratn frm neighbours n friends.

2 Likes

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by chucky234(m): 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
ethereal:
u're quite right on dat.bloodline's been tainted actually.bt nonetheless,he's got me loads of accolades and admiratn frm neighbours n friends.
You can never go wrong with a Caucasian sis, whether pure or altered you sure going to get loads of attention from neighbours.

2 Likes

Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by chucky234(m): 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
PerfectlyPerfect:
I love Caucasians but their stubbornness is really annoying. took a friend's causcasian for a walk some days ago. we were crossing a road and the dog just stopped and sat in the middle of the road. it took me a lot of pulling and prodding before I got him to move. traffic was already backing up. I was lucky it was a Sunday otherwise that dog could've gotten me seriously hurt. was kinda kul shaa because the dog is huge
Like other large breed they need lots of excercises,your friend's caucasian is not well exercised.
Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by Cwaya(m): 8:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
chucky234:

Oga , you and this your caucasian ovcharka sef.. abegy. thatz ur choice but GSD is better guard, and intelligent. second or third most intelligent dog. fast and full of energy.
caucasian na just noise maker.. over grown baby. he cant dare a pitbull or rottie even a GSD.
i no you've nt seen a GSD in a dog fight.
Re: Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog by oluomoadebayo: 11:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
Cwaya:

Oga , you and this your caucasian ovcharka sef.. abegy. thatz ur choice but GSD is better guard, and intelligent. second or third most intelligent dog. fast and full of energy.
caucasian na just noise maker.. over grown baby. he cant dare a pitbull or rottie even a GSD.
i no you've nt seen a GSD in a dog fight.

Dog fight is not a good thing sha.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hero Dog In Thailand Saves New Baby Buried Alive By Mother / 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds / I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.