Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Miracle Workers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracle Workers (613 Views)

Church Locks Out Commercial Sex Workers From New Year’s Eve Service / Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers / Bad Deal Exposes Nigeria’s Fake Miracle Syndicate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Miracle Workers by AnishOCornel: 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
Comedy Title: The Testimony of Tehbolo

Author: Anish O Cornel

Characters

Pastor J (Jerry)

Agabus

Tehbolo

Congregation

After A Church Service

(The play takes place in church somewhere in Africa)

Agabus: Pastor J, what was that about?

Pastor J: What do you mean?

Agabus: I mean why should you insist that they check people’s temperature before they allow them into the church?

Pastor J: What a question. I suppose you should know that Ebola is in the country and you know how deadly it is

Agabus: yes I do

Pastor J: so...?

Agabus: but this is the house of God, protected by God himself.

Pastor J: I know

Agabus: It is the place of redemption, transfiguration, revival, healing, talk of whatever. I don’t really see any reason anybody should check people’s temperature or even go as far as sterilize their palms

Pastor J: You see, my friend, prevention is better than cure.

Agabus: That is not a bible verse.

Pastor J: Wisdom my friend, Wisdom- the principal thing.

Agabus: Of course, but I’m sure you know whom that wisdom represents- He is the great healer who can heal all things. Or are you afraid that Jesus can’t heal Ebola?

Pastor J: lai lai

Agabus: or has he not given you power to heal all kind of sickness?

Pastor J: If you say so

Agabus: Are you afraid of Ebola

Pastor J: says who?

Agabus: Hmmm…But you are.

Pastor J: Nooo

Tehbolo: Every time you keep telling people about faith, hope, love, life- yet you do compromise through such a weakness.

Pastor J: I am not weak!

Agabus: Is that so?

Pastor J: Yes

Agabus: But obviously, with the way you tell the ushers to check people before they enter the church I guess it is a cunning display of your worries, fears and doubts. Perhaps you are afraid that if somebody that has Ebola gets into the church, it may affect everybody.

Pastor J: I have not said that.

Agabus: Fear terminates faith – and a little reek of doubt or worry, its destruction. Sincerely, through all these, you mock the immeasurable power of God. In fact, you’ve undermined God’s transmundane superabilities.

Pastor J: You can’t understand

Agabus: So, those with infirmities can’t come to you for healing abi? You a servant of the most high God?

Pastor J: Agabus! Agabus! Agabus! Let me be. I need to rest. It has been a very tiring Sunday. Don’t worry. I will pray to God so that he can tell me whether to stop those ushers from the temperature check or not.

Agabus: and did He tell you to do it before?

Curtain Close

The Following Sunday

Testimony Time

Pastor J: It is testimony time people. I know God has done many wonderful things for us throughout this previous week. Because of that, I want you to come out and appreciate God, with a grateful heart, by testifying to the Lord’s goodness. (Nobody comes out, except one person. His name is Tehbolo).

Tehbolo: *pras da lord?

Congregation: Halleluyah!

Tehbolo: *pras da living Jesus

Congregation: Halleluyah!

Tehbolo: da lord is good

Congregation: all the time

Tehbolo: all da time?

Congregation: the lord is good.

Tehbolo: Nna, people, you will hep me tank God very well, because the lord has been very good to me and that is why I have to testify.

Pastor J: /whispers to him/ 5 minutes brother. (He stirs at the pastor. The pastor stirs at him. Immediately he stretches his hand to the pastor for a hand-shake).

Tehbolo: /stretching his hand/ Nna pastor I will want you to congratulate me first, before I begin. (They shake). You see (he continues) I am a business man- a corret one. And God done bless my life yanfunyanfun with money. But despite his goodness, I have been unfaithful. Sin won’t allow me. Everyday, na to pack babes, go clubs, do things, chop and drink. I must confess.

Pastor J: /whispers to him/ are you confessing or testifying?

Tehbolo: /whispers back/ all join

Pastor J: okay. Continue

Tehbolo: I must confess, I have enjoyed life like anything, especially with babes. But in the middle of the enjoyment, I did not know that demons were targetting me, not until I slept with one babe recently. I did not know she has *contracted this disease and no be say I no wear suit-case before the jamming. But I started feeling unusual after a week. Then I went to meet my doctor for checkup, who did many tests for me. After so many tests, he found nothing: no HIV or AIDS, no gonorrhea or Staphylococcus, or something like that. But, Nna, something was wrong. Then he said *it remained one test remaining. Then I told him to do it very quickly. I didn’t mind the amount it will cost. And besides, I am too young to die. So he did it and the result came out.

Pastor J: /Very curiously/ What was it?

Tehbolo: EBOLA!

(There is a noisy disturbance in the congregation. The pastor had frozen where he stood)

Tehbolo: Nna it was not easy. In fact, immediately he told me, I fainted twice and by the time I would wake up, I found myself in the quarantine zone. Nna men, it was not *palatabel .I can’t even stay with those people, because all of them don turn zombie finish. And I can’t allow my destiny to be like that. I am too handsome and young to be a zombie. So Instantly, I remembered what Jesus said on the cross of Calvary that *come unto me ye that suffer and are *heavenly laden. Nna odi sharp-sharp! I disappeared. In *fat,that’s where I am even coming from now. And since your church is the first that I saw, I felt I should enter and receive the healing. So pastor (turns to face the pastor) please lay your hand upon me and pray for me. (He gives him the microphone).

Pastor J: /shivering with his eyes almost falling from their sockets. He looks at the hand with which he shook Tehbolo’s. He stirs back at Tehbolo who is now stretching the microphone at him/ don’t worry, ehm…ehm, brother, I have my own microphone.

Tehbolo: Okay (he kneels)

Pastor J: /clears his throat/ but how did you manage to enter the church? Were you not checked?

Tehbolo: /Raises his head and laughs/ If I could escape those security men at the quarantine zone, how won’t I be able to pass through those women at the door? Women for that matter! Nna that one is not necessary for now. Hep me connect bros J enter my life to comot this Ebola thing. My life is very important, because if I die now ehn, my people at the village will likely shrink to death. (He bows his head and waits for the pastor to begin praying; but he hears nothing. The pastor has evacuated through the window at the altar. Tehbolo looks up and finds no body. He stands and inspects everywhere, but he finds nobody. The church is starkly empty).

Tehbolo: /flabbergasted/ Nna men! Where is everybody na?

Curtain Closed

One answer for Tehbolo people….

Warning: Please acknowledge this wok if taken/copied and do not plagiarize is. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Religion. / Am I Wrong? Arrogant? Proud? Or Ignorant? :your Oppinion Needed!!! / God Mistakes???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.