Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building (27452 Views)

Photos: Burkina Faso Parliament Set Ablaze After Members Tried To Elongate Presi / Protesters Burn Burkina Faso National Assembly Building / Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by anonimi: 8:31am On Oct 31, 2014
voltron:
Some citizens of Africa have not sold their conscience to Politicians and do not wait for GOD to take action grin grin unlike one giant of africa

The highlighted is the bane of primitive, knowledge-averse societies such as ours.

God has never come down to fix any society and He is not about to start doing so.
Did He not create us in His image with dominion over all
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by laroux(m): 8:36am On Oct 31, 2014
That's the main reason behind the woes befalling this continent of Africa. The sit tight and power drunk leaders are the reason Africa can never grow as a continent. I'm happy that Africans are now waking up from their deep slumber. How was he able to remain in power for 27yrs?

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by pappilo(m): 8:36am On Oct 31, 2014
Do you not wonder why the West never get involved in popular revolutions against sit tight leaders in sub Saharan Africa?

People like Museveni - 28yrs, Biya - 39yrs (including 7 as PM) and Compaore - 27yrs are puppets of the west so they get a free pass. They will however fight those that refuse to be their puppets e.g Gaddaffi and Mugabe (I dont support these ones being in power forever though)

Compaore under direct orders from France assasinated Sankara because he had achieved in less than 4 years what no one else could do in the 23 years since independence. France couldnt just let its control on tiny Upper Volta slip away, they had to get rid of the man of the people.

Africans are smarter and more enlightened now so I am confident that after the exit of the current crop of sit tight leaders either by natural death or popular revolutions, the era of dictators in civillian clothing in Africa will be consigned to the history books.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by EmmyDe25(m): 9:36am On Oct 31, 2014
ilotriouzAY:
What's up wit dis african presidents wu just won't leave....
Anoda egypt in d making
I order dat he sud be killed

After Robert Mugabe, the Worst of all is the Equitorial Guinea president, Todiero. The dude's been there for over 30 years.

African leaders are the ones driving the continent to doldrums by their insubordination and the crave to die in office.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 31, 2014
Bobbyjay001:

I like ur post bro but it should begin with you..
Lead the way,we 'll follow. Abi?

Like we followed MKO Abiola or TAI Solarin both of blessed memory. Nigerians will hail you and follow you only on Facebook and Twitter. All from the comfort of their living room. Never on the streets

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by ask4bk(m): 11:08am On Oct 31, 2014
desgiezd:
The people of Burkina Faso not only need to burn down the Parliament building, they need to revolt and chase out Blaise Compaore from power, what else does he want to achieve that he has not achieved after 27 years in power?

If only Thomas Sankara were still alive ....

Rumor has it that he killed Thomas SANKARA
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by boujaye: 11:53am On Oct 31, 2014
astana1:
if PDP are not serious this will happen to them. thieves !!!!
who will start it? u?
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by lastpage: 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
That SIT-TIGHT CLOWN (CAMPRAORE) has RESIGNED... before he gets STONED! grin

I tell you when the "masses" are READY to ACT, NOTHING CAN STOP THEM!

Lastpage!

BTW: Most successful revolutions are SPONTANEOUS.... no need to look for a leader to "start it".
The "Leadership" will emerge as it goes along! wink wink
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by siraj1402(m): 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
abdulwastecx:

illiteracy at it's extreme. ..why the use of the adjective black anytime you people want to make a point?

Why blaming the leader of your society when they are the product or thesame spciety?
dark skin people are been brainwashed more stupid religious stupidity that they failed woefully in any meaningful developmental works.

the problem is not your skin colour but your brain cells that have been conditioned 5o always be a slave
Alakada Spciety,5o?So u were annoyed to this level? grin
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by ceeceeco: 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
27 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Holy shit!
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by abdulwastecx(m): 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
siraj1402:
Alakada Spciety,5o?So u were annoyed to this level? grin

just typo errors
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by lastpage: 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
I think "Presidents/Leaders" who UNNECESSARILY PLUNGE their country into CHAOS with LOSS OF LIVES should not just be allowed to "WALK -AWAY" but should be TRIED FOR TREASON!

Africa has to send the message out that we are a "serious continent" of nations and we would no longer fold our arms while some selfish gobshyte manipulate and "play games" with the lives of the populace!

Lastpage!

BTW: I have noticed that "traffic" on this subject, which is still developing, has thinned-out completely while traffic on "mundane threads" like Tonto Dike, should a lady cook for a guy she is dating, Pawpaw is trying to play Golf, Celebrities who look bad without makeup, e.t.c is constantly heavy! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Now, l am wondering: Is this a reflection of the "state of mind" of our YOUTHS/POPULACE or is ti just a reflection of the "Type of Crowd" on Nairaland?
Either way, it does not bode well when we ignore what deeply concerns and affects us.... while turning ourselves into a a "generation of jists"! cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by EagleNest(m): 6:06am On Nov 01, 2014
Truckpusher:
Sharrap. Nigeria has a democratic institution and other institutions and not one dictator that keeps amending the constitution to remain in office.

You people should always read a story through and comment according to the story line and not commenting based on your frustration with the country and her leadership.

After all everybody is frustrated,you're not the only one. tongue

Oga It has not reached to the point of using 'sharrap'. Fela have said it before and we've always prove him right, that we are continually 'suffering and smiling' and your rationalization of the reason (s) is always our excuse.
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by EagleNest(m): 6:08am On Nov 01, 2014
Frankiss44:

Na noise u dey make too... Start the burning we dey your back abi u nor know where Aso rock dey ?

You dey back back... I know.
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by EagleNest(m): 6:16am On Nov 01, 2014
lastpage:

When we say "Nigerians deserve the kind of Government they have" .... this is what we mean!

A country where people collect 17 and 1/2Kg Bag of Rice (short-changed grin ) and One Gallon of Groundnut oil (its even been given a "fine name": Stomach infrastructure), to vote in a confirmed thief and treasury looter....

Who do you blame: The Treasury looter or the People themselves? wink wink wink

Lastpage!

I will blame both. They are reflection of dysfunctional system.
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by EagleNest(m): 6:21am On Nov 01, 2014
Emilord:
bro,do u tink a civilian govt fit rule for naija for 27yrs?those guys no even try to allow d man rule upto 27yrs sef

Agreed, a civilian rule for 27 yrs in Nigeria is near impossible but what Nigeria and in deed Africa need now is good and exemplary leadership. The suffering in Africa is too much and undeserving.
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by Aringarosa(m): 7:54am On Nov 01, 2014
Burkina Faso should be a wake-up call for the Obiangs, al-Bashirs, Musevenis, Dos Santos & other African leaders.
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by Myself2(m): 11:18am On Nov 01, 2014
The chicken has finally come home to roost for Traitor Compaore,who brutally assassinated his best friend Capt Thomas Sankara(oh when I remember Sankara water run away my eyes o,a ye a ye,,,,,,,) and took over as president.Burkinabes should not stop there,I wish Compaore ten times the evil he meted to Capt Thomas Sankara
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by igbo2011(m): 4:55pm On Nov 01, 2014
I wonder what other African nations will do this.
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2014
onyenro:
The first west African revolution.... sorry THE PEOPLE'S REVOLUTION. Those in Abuja will be watching closely.
I wonder How d.u.mb some country citizens are to allow one man rule them for so long... Cameron, Uganda,Zimbabwe, Gabon haba. Trust Nigerians....Na coup tey tey.
Well, for freedom, comes a cost. These people are willing to pay it

http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFKBN0IJ1IS20141030?sp=true

hey, do leave Cameroon out of your rubbish, you hear me? I wonder how some dumb country citizens are allowing one man to rule them [size=18pt]for so long[/size]
@bolded that is exactly the problem with you Africans, trying to be more royalists than the kings and the same people who imposed their government style on you, please tell me or show where in the genesis/definition of democracy it is specified or asked that the ruler should only have one or two terms? please tell us dumb citizens how it is undemocratic for someone to rule for more than 20years? I will b glad to hear from, cause as far I am concerned democracy is the choice of the people by the people, if the people want someone to rule forever and keep reelecting that persons how does that concern you? in fact it is undemocratic to limit mandates as it is against the people choice. so next time before insulting millions of people learn what is democracy, democratic and undemocratic, your democracy created what is a parliament therefore if a president have the majority in the parliament/ or and senate he is legally or should I say democratically allowed to pass laws (which can include th modification of the constitution) nothing undemocratic about that so how do you like your democracy lessons so far? next the burkinabais taking the streets and burning their parliament are the undemocratic-anarchists savages here, if something doesn't go your way that is not the way to react, I hope when the UN led by france take offer the massacre they won't cry blue murder. when in 2013 if im not mistaken the US gov was shutdown because Obama lost the majority I didn't see democrats or americans taking over the streets and burning their parliament, you Africans should stop behaving like savages and stop pursuing something you don't understand ..your democracy is not only overrated but it is not a must or something genetic it is a fcking political ideology which is not even among the best as we can the so called best democracy in the western world are all bankrupt so much for the beautiful democracy and check and balance.

my only beef with compaore is his betrayal with sankara and gbagbo is an African slave working against African interests so I have no respect and no pity for him.
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by Horus(m): 8:50pm On Nov 01, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHcf7MPnlkM

[size=15pt]Burkina Faso: Who will replace Blaise Compaore ?[/size]

Babita Sharma talks to Lamine Konkobo from BBC Afrique & Ayo Johnson, an African affairs analyst, about possible candidates to replace Blaise Compaore
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by panafrican(m): 2:51am On Nov 02, 2014
This criminal is now in Cote d'Ivoire a country he destroyed through the support he provided to gang led rebellion that brought Ouattara to power. This war cost a least 300 000 lives , not to count the tortured, the missing ones and millions of displaced people.
Today,the fact is Ouattara himself has a shaky future because Ivorians see him as a French puppet who was imposed upon the country on purpose to plunder the natural resources.

1. Genocide and ethnic cleansing against ivorians by ouattara thugs in western Cote d'Ivoire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5aHGclDQys

2. http://frindethie./2011/04/02/rebel-chief-ouattara’s-war-crimes-finally-acknowledged-by-united-nations-…-though-timidly-and-very-late-m-frindethie/

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by igbo2011(m): 6:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
@cap28 @thoth What do you guys think about this?
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by thoth: 3:09am On Nov 03, 2014
igbo2011:
@cap28 @thoth What do you guys think about this?

All i see is a failed revolution, an hastily on the moment reaction of people whom are fed up , a waste i should say. They had no plans, no phase and no ideology. At the moment the Imperialists are already assessing who the likely candidates will be and deciding whom among them they will support while at the same time finding more information to discredit the unwanted from ever getting to power.
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by igbo2011(m): 5:36am On Nov 03, 2014
thoth:

All i see is a failed revolution, an hastily on the moment reaction of people whom are fed up , a waste i should say. They had no plans, no phase and no ideology. At the moment the Imperialists are already assessing who the likely candidates will be and deciding whom among them they will support while at the same time finding more information to discredit the unwanted from ever getting to power.

Do you think anyone in the Sankara family or with Sankara's ideologies will get into power?
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by igbo2011(m): 5:37am On Nov 03, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YT6cotv0YU

panafrican:
This criminal is now in Cote d'Ivoire a country he destroyed through the support he provided to gang led rebellion that brought Ouattara to power. This war cost a least 300 000 lives , not to count the tortured, the missing ones and millions of displaced people.
Today,the fact is Ouattara himself has a shaky future because Ivorians see him as a French puppet who was imposed upon the country on purpose to plunder the natural resources.

1. Genocide and ethnic cleansing against ivorians by ouattara thugs in western Cote d'Ivoire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5aHGclDQys

2. http://frindethie./2011/04/02/rebel-chief-ouattara’s-war-crimes-finally-acknowledged-by-united-nations-…-though-timidly-and-very-late-m-frindethie/
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by Horus(m): 5:14pm On Nov 03, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1MFL9WH1kM

[size=15pt]Burkina Faso: Protesters denounce military takeover and demand civilian rule[/size]
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by thoth: 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
igbo2011:

Do you think anyone in the Sankara family or with Sankara's ideologies will get into power?

There is Benewende Sankara the opposition leader, also there is Nabere Honore Traore another of the popular opposition henchman, you also have the retired military general Kougame Lougue but you should know that Africans can has in many cases used legacy as a vector , so that means that they are not trustworthy till they actually act, besides a special envoy was sent by imperialist UN to Burkina Faso while the protest was going on so if that envoy is actually "special" enough which means that it will succeed in his task then any of these known names that finally leads the nation should not be trusted, besides they existed and even progressed in that corrupt system until they got stepped on. I received a Nightwatch dispatch this morning and i think i should post it as it is… it best describes my conclusion on this issue.

"Burkina Faso: After a politically confusing weekend, the head of the presidential guard regiment, Lt-Col Isaac Zida, has emerged as the transitional president of Burkina Faso. He received the backing of the army and its top leadership. On Friday, President Blaise Compaore announced his resignation, following violent protests at his attempt to extend his 27-year rule. He issued a statement that announced that the presidency was now vacant and urged elections within 90 days. Military chief and Compaore protégé General Honore Traore said he had taken over as head of state "in line with constitutional measures, " which he failed to identify. Subsequently, Zida's troops took control of key points in Ouagadougou and announced he was the head of a transitional government. The generals announced they supported him. Comment: Burkina Faso appears to have experienced a praetorian coup, in which the presidential guards replaced the president in the interest of preserving the underlying system of corrupt cronyism. Compaore fled to Cote D'Ivoire but his influence apparently remains strong. There will be more demonstrations."
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by KA24DETT(m): 1:16am On Nov 04, 2014
saintneo:
It is not yet the fifth of November but it makes me remember ....... V

My man, I have watched that movie so many times and that part is my favourite part
Re: Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 04, 2014
laroux:
That's the main reason behind the woes befalling this continent of Africa. The sit tight and power drunk leaders are the reason Africa can never grow as a continent. I'm happy that Africans are now waking up from their deep slumber. How was he able to remain in power for 27yrs?
You people are just MAD. You typify total anti-African PREJUDICE. Some guy in Burkina Faso rules for 27 years. This somehow translates to ''AFRICAN LEADERS'' wanting to rule for life. A continent with 53 countries. How many of those countries have 'sit tight leaders' who refuse to hold credible elections and want to stay in power for 27 years? Probably less than 6. But yet, it means that ''AFRICAN LEADERS'' are this and that... It really is pathetic. Not a thought for the scores of African nations that have discarded military dictatorship - once the norm on the continent. Not a thought for the numerous countries now routinely holding credible elections - a rarity as recently as the 1990s. Not a thought for the reduction in wars, and greater conflict resolution capacity on the continent (20 years ago, not less than 10 wars raged simultaneously on the continent, compared to 1 or 2 today, if that). Not a thought for the growing African economies, largely caused by improved economic management by various African govts, such that 6 of the world's 10 fastest growing economies today are in Africa. Not a thought for the fact that Africa has the fastest growing middle class on earth, meaning a steady fall in poverty is underway. No. Forget all that. Blaise Compaore is a sit tight ruler, so all of Africa, and its ''AFRICAN LEADERS'' are going to hell. PATHETIC.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack / Nigeria Did Not Attend US Embassy Opening In Jerusalem - Aljazeera Corrects Self / Russian Ambassador To Turkey Assassinated By Turkish Policeman In Ankara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.