Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker (66316 Views)

Adams Dabotorudima Emerges The Speaker Of Rivers State House Of Assembly [PICS] / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police / FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by amobii: 1:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
wonder why Gov. Mimiko, does not vacate his seat or IG withdrawing the security, and some state assembly in the state. The constitution is only meant for opposition parties not for PDP, well it's getting closer and people are getting wiser with their game, time will tell for revolution.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
After withdrawing the security will they send snipers to take him out?

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Truckpusher(m): 1:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
And you guys still call this guy Mr clueless? undecided

All jan.jaweed supporters must be as dumb as skunk grin

12 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by felony101(m): 1:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
I am not a politician but @least I know a deep depth of the constitution through law.... The speaker deserves no right to be stripped of his securities. Mr IG d section quoted why didn't u make it known n understood to us.. Now lemme ask a question mimiko dat decamped to PDP was der noise? No his security is even tighter by d PDP let's stop supporting corruption
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by unclejb2(m): 1:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
E have be for Tambuwal.... I saw it coming!
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by omenka(m): 1:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
And Jo keeps sinking deeper and deeper into the abys!! I can hardly wait to see his fall!! cheesy

saTANs can quote me on this one. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by alabiyemmy(m): 1:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
katordidi:
Mr I.G u made reference 2 a section of the constitution without quoting wat it say as regard the withdrawal of the speakers security detail. That reeks of shadiness

Nonsense.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by DEUNSTOPPABLE(m): 1:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
So does the 1999 constitution ask IG to remove security details? Please tell me if there is such a clause. Will the IG impeach him before the two third of the house? Or What right does IG have to talk about the movement of speaker? Shameless leader GEJ, shameless party PDP, shameless PDP rats.
chukwudi44:
The IGP is simply abiding by the dictates of the 1999 constitution.he is enforcing the law he swore to uphold,s it is very much in order

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
hardywaltz:
The function of the Police is not to interpret the provisions of the Constitution, that is the exclusive preserve of the Judiciary.
That said the section which the Forces Public Relations officer quoted has to do with Tambuwal's eligibility as a legislator which is a matter currently before the courts.

In the eyes of the law Tambuwal is the substantive speaker of the house until he has been removed in accordance with the provisions of the CFR as amended.

However if PDP is confident that they control the votes of the house, let the Deputy Speaker Emeka Ihedioha reconvene the house; (3/4) members need to sign the notice of extra - ordinary meeting and 2/3 majority is needed to form a qurom. And formally commence impeachment proceedings against the Speaker.

PDP knows it can't muster the needed votes so they have resorted to self help which is equivalent to Jungle justice.

you do not impeach a someone who is not a member of the HOR let alone been speaker.The ertwhile speaker lost his seat when he decamped to the APC HENCE THERE IS NO NEED FOR IMPEACHMENT

6 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Gaystar(m): 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
Where on earth do people eat their cake and have it? It is disheartening that this dishonourable member decided to bite the very fingers that fed him.
Anyways, no more police for you and go back and seat on the floor. Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by karlmax2: 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
Bluffly:

So did he defected as a result of a division in the former party? I beg make una interpret the law o as I no understand. My own understanding his from this section is that if his defection was as a result of a division in the former, his security details should be withdrawn but if not, status quo remains.
lemme ask you a question is their a division in pdp as at yesterday when tambuwal defected?

3 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
DEUNSTOPPABLE:
So does the 1999 constitution ask IG to remove security details? Please tell me if there is such a clause. Will the IG impeach him before the two third of the house? Or What right does IG have to talk about the movement of speaker? Shameless leader GEJ, shameless party PDP, shameless PDP rats.

DO YOU ASSIGN SECURITY DETAILS TO AN ORDINARY CITIZEN? TAMBUWAL IS NO LONGER A MEMBER OF THE HOR NOR SPEAKER AND SO IS NOT ENTITLED TO ANY SECURITY DETAILS

8 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by BRAV0O(m): 1:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hmmm see paid e-warriors ranting , when u this phools spoil this con3 finish pm me !

We dey kampe dey cool cool all u na with our HD eyes

Awon omo ale jati jati!

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by hardywaltz(m): 1:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

you do not impeach a someone who is not a member of the HOR let alone been speaker.The ertwhile speaker lost his seat when he decamped to the APC HENCE THERE IS NO NEED FOR IMPEACHMENT
For a person to loose his or her seat, a court of competent jurisdiction or the Speaker of the House has to formally declare the seat of that legislator vacant.

Jezzzzzz where do they get ur lousy guys from?

3 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by publisher(m): 1:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
amobii:
wonder why Gov. Mimiko, does not vacate his seat or IG withdrawing the security, and some state assembly in the state. The constitution is only meant for opposition parties not for PDP, well it's getting closer and people are getting wiser with their game, time will tell for revolution.

Why are people like u so silly?
The constitution is silent on defection by Governors but very specific on defections by federal legislators.

3 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
hardywaltz:

For a person to loose his or her seat, a court of competent jurisdiction or the Speaker of the House has to formally declare the seat of that legislator vacant.

Jezzzzzz where do they get ur lousy guys from?

WHICH COURT DECLARED NYAKO'S SEAT VACANT? DID THE HOUSE NOT FOLLOW THE DICTATES OF THE CONSTITUTION TO REMOVE HIM? TAMBUWAL HAS LOST HIS SEAT.IF HE WANTS TO CONTEST IT LET HIM GO TO COURT OR STAND FOR ANOTHER ELECTION UNDER HIS NEW PARTY

6 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by mazzi: 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
Good one.minority can never lead majority.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Ahmeduana(m): 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
katordidi:
Mr I.G u made reference 2 a section of the constitution without quoting wat it say as regard the withdrawal of the speakers security detail. That reeks of shadiness
THE FACT IS THAT YOU CANNOT CHOOSE TO BE A SLAVE AND STILL WANT TO CLAIM THE BENEFITS AND PRIVILEDGES THAT COMES WITH THE THRONE OF A KING. in my language> a ki je meji po laba alade, ka je isu tan ka tu la tu jeyan ikan la fowo mu> WHICH MEANS YOU CANNOT EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT! IS EITHER tambuawal eat yam or he eat pounded yam!

3 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by hardywaltz(m): 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

WHICH COURT DECLARED NYAKO'S SEAT VACANT? DID THE HOUSE NOT FOLLOW THE DICTATES OF THE CONSTITUTION TO REMOVE HIM? TAMBUWAL HAS LOST HIS SEAT.IF HE WANTS TO CONTEST IT LET HIM GO TO COURT OR STAND FOR ANOTHER ELECTION UNDER HIS NEW PARTY
Nyanko is a Governor not a legislator, their procedures are different.
Only the Speaker or Senate President can declare the seat of a legislator or senator vacant according to the provisions of the Constitution
Or a court of competent jurisdiction.

Any other means is null and void.

I know u don't know jack about the Constitution so I will save my breath for knowledgeable persons

6 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Mucokey(m): 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
Naija, always in a haste to uphold n apply the rule of law angry
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by saintneo(m): 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria:
Section 68: Tenure of seat of members

68. (1) A member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall vacate his seat in the House of which he is a member if –

(a) he becomes a member of another legislative house;

(b) any other circumstances arise that, if he were not a member of the Senate or the House of Representatives, would cause him to be disqualified for election as a member;

(c) he ceases to be a citizen of Nigeria;

(d) he becomes President, Vice-President, Governor, Deputy Governor or a Minister of the Government of the Federation or a Commissioner of the Government of a State or a Special Adviser;

(e) save as otherwise prescribed by this Constitution, he becomes a member of a commission or other body established by this Constitution or by any other law;

(f) without just cause he is absent from meetings of the House of which he is a member for a period amounting in the aggregate to more than one-third of the total number of days during which the House meets in any one year;

(g) being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected;

Provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored; or

(h) the President of the Senate or, as the case may be, the Speaker of the House of Representatives receives a certificate under the hand of the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission stating that the provisions of section 69 of this Constitution have been complied with in respect of the recall of that member.

(2) The President of the Senate or the Speaker of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, shall give effect to the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, so however that the President of the Senate or the Speaker of the House of Representatives or a member shall first present evidence satisfactory to the House concerned that any of the provisions of that subsection has become applicable in respect of that member.

(3) A member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall be deemed to be absent without just cause from a meeting of the House of which he is a member, unless the person presiding certifies in writing that he is satisfied that the absence of the member from the meeting was for a just cause.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
felony101:
I am not a politician but @least I know a deep depth of the constitution through law.... The speaker deserves no right to be stripped of his securities. Mr IG d section quoted why didn't u make it known n understood to us.. Now lemme ask a question mimiko dat decamped to PDP was der noise? No his security is even tighter by d PDP let's stop supporting corruption

Primary school pupils have invaded Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by OAM4J: 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
We might soon have two houses of representatives, except that this will be too damming compare to having 2 Governors' forum.

Anyways, I hope the judiciary will salvage the situation before things degenerate and get out of control.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Emmadgud(m): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
karlmax2:
this what the ig means

section 68. (1) A member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall vacate his seat in the House of which he is a member if -

Then

(g) being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected;

Provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored; or
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by muh4lyf(m): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
If I could remember,governor mimiko decamped to PDP,has his security details been withdrawn too...? God save us from the unjust politics that is been played in this country

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
OAM4J:
We might soon have two houses of representatives, except that this will be too damming compare to having 2 Governors' forum.

Anyways, I hope the judiciary will salvage the situation before things degenerate and get out of control.

AM SURE THE POLICE ARE EQUAL TO TASK.THEY WILL NOT ALLOW AN IMPOSTOR ACCESS INTO THE HALLOWED CHAMBERS OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.IF HE WANTS TO RETURN,LE HE STAND FOR ANOTHER ELECTION.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Emmadgud(m): 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
OYIBO.....na una go skul pass...
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by tolustx(m): 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
Not a fan of any of the parties but judging by d dictates of the constitution, it was d right move to make. The post of d speaker is a very sensitive one. U dnt jst toy wit it like dat. *Grabs a seat* Let's see the next episode of dis movie...

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
muh4lyf:
If I could remember,governor mimiko decamped to PDP,has his security details been withdrawn too...? God save us from the unjust politics that is been played in this country
BROS GO AND READ SECTIN 68 OF THE CONSTITUTION.I APPLIES ONLY TO LEGISLATORS AND NOT GOVERNORS

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by karlmax2: 1:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

brother dont argue with this little boy that don even know that its inec and not the court that declares sit vacant

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
hardywaltz:

Nyanko is a Governor not a legislator, their procedures are different.
Only the Speaker or Senate President can declare the seat of a legislator or senator vacant according to the provisions of the Constitution
Or a court of competent jurisdiction.

Any other means is null and void.

I know u don't know jack about the Constitution so I will save my breath for knowledgeable persons
VER GOOD THEN.THE FORMER SPEAKER SHOULD THEN GO TO COURT TO TRY AND RECLAIM HIS SEAT.BUT IN THE INTERIM,THE NEW SPEAKER EMEKA IHEDIOHA SHOULD HELP STEER THE NATION THROUGH THE 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS

5 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Omimah: 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:
The IGP is simply abiding by the dictates of the 1999 constitution.he is enforcing the law he swore to uphold,s it is very much in order
Don't be sìlly. Is the IGP a lawyer or a judge to use judiciary review to interpret the Constitution?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See The Moment PDP Leaders Collapsed On Stage During Campaign (Photos, Video) / Rotimi Amaechi Spotted Wearing Louis Vuitton & Gucci Jacket Worth Millions. Pics / Throwback Photos Of Osinbajo Fueling His Car In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.