Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Starting My New Business: I Need Direction - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Starting My New Business: I Need Direction (921 Views)

Investors Losing Faith In Buhari's Govt Over Lack Of Economic Direction-bloomber / done / Genuine Business I Can Do With 1million Naira Only. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Starting My New Business: I Need Direction by brighter: 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2014
My investment in tissue paper conversion is ready but still having challenge on how to pick a name.
Please if you have idea on how to go abt these problems, I'll appreciate your contribution:
1) how do I pick a name so it doesn't clash with an already existing one in the market.
2) do I need registeration with any government commission (I'm seeking a way to avoid tax for @ least next 6 months since my capital is low, lots of running expenses without any profit yet)
3) do we have tissue paper manufacturers union in Anambra, Delta & Lagos? If yes how do I join them

Help needed pleassssss

Help needed
Re: Starting My New Business: I Need Direction by adanduka: 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
brighter:
My investment in tissue paper conversion is ready but still having challenge on how to pick a name.
Please if you have idea on how to go abt these problems, I'll appreciate your contribution:
1) how do I pick a name so it doesn't clash with an already existing one in the market.
2) do I need registeration with any government commission (I'm seeking a way to avoid tax for @ least next 6 months since my capital is low, lots of running expenses without any profit yet)
3) do we have tissue paper manufacturers union in Anambra, Delta & Lagos? If yes how do I join them

Help needed pleassssss

Help needed

1. Pick some names. Go through CAC and check if the names you have a registered. You can be charged with adulteration if you use an existing name.
2.You must not register but make sure you work towards it.
3. Dunno. Very likely though.

1 Like

Re: Starting My New Business: I Need Direction by Wizeboy(m): 10:33am On Oct 31, 2014
brighter:

Help needed pleassssss

Help needed

1) Formulate a very unique name that you know is not popular, avoid the use of common name like Victor Nig. Ltd, but you can try to be unique with the name like for example if your name is Victor Ezekiel, you have use Victze Nigeria Limited and so on. Search for such name with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) before you will start using it. It is very simple to make search in CAC and you don't need any Lawyer to do that for you. Kindly go to the nearest CAC Office closer to you and obtain the "AVAILABILITY FORM" with the sum of N500 only and fill it. Check back in the next two weeks or so for the result. You have opportunity to fill 3 different names on the Form.

2) Register with CAC after which any of the 3 suggested names are approved, as this will give your business some legal backing and safe you from stress of litigation in the future. Registration of Limited Liability Company should not cost you more than 70k if you contact some lawyers. But if you don't have such money for now, kindly register your business under PART B "Business Name" to secure the name, after which you can turn it to a Limited Liability Company in the future with a help of Lawyer by filling some document with CAC.

3) Kindly search for information about the Union on Google, you might come across some clue on whether they exist or not.

I wish you success in your endeavour.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See How Herdsmen, Cows Fly To Nigeria From Mauritius: Gej’s Ex-aide Mocks Lai Mo / "Mini" Promo For Those Who Lost Their Money In The Recent MMM Crash / Join Our Team, Lets Earn Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.