Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids (2862 Views)

You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant / 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by iyawo1005(f): 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2008
What lessons or morals do you want to instill in your kids?

A couple of mine are:

1. Close relationship with God
2. Hardwork
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by TOYOSI20(f): 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2008
Honesty and Intergrity, are key for me,. . . . . . . , . kiss
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by chika98: 7:49pm On Nov 18, 2008
Education
Having a relationship with God
Hard work
Marriage isn't a MUST.
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by tope2000(f): 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2008
chika98:

Education
Having a relationship with God
Hard work
Marriage isn't a MUST.

shocked
So are u going to tell them its ok to have children outside wedlock
even God doesnt want that undecided
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by chika98: 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2008
tope2000:

shocked
So are u going to tell them its ok to have children outside wedlock
even God doesnt want that undecided

Where in my post did i insinuate that?? I won't be one of those mothers who try to control their children's life by forcing them to marry. . finding them who to marry etc. It isn't a must and I will leave it up to them to make that decision when the time comes.
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by tope2000(f): 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2008
chika98:

Where in my post did i insinuate that?? I won't be one of those mothers who try to control their children's life by forcing them to marry. . finding them who to marry etc. It isn't a must and I will leave it up to them to make that decision when the time comes.

You shud have xplained it better b4 cuz alot of people wudnt get what u meant by marriage is not a must cool
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by mohawkchic(f): 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2008
Praying:[/b]The Importance of having a special relationship w/ God w/ whom all things are Possible!! He prays w/ us,reads verses in the bible,praise & worship w/ us!

[b]Honesty :
I tell him i dont care what you'd done,Tell the truth!! He'll break/do something & he'll still come up to me/dada to say what he'd done!!If i have to tell a white lie,i make sure he aint around to wonder "why is mummy saying i cant lie yet she does?"

Respect:[/b]Manners maketh man!! Need i say more!

[b]Learn How To Share:
He does have times when he wont want to share his fav. toy but i let him understand he cant be selfish,he doesnt have a problem sharing food: I take him along to centres for disadvantage kids when i volunteer!I try to set a good example,make him get in touch with compassion . . .b/c y'll know kids try to aspire to our expectations!

Work harder & Play Hard: We talk about work,what we do, Sometimes he tags along w/ Dada to work!he knows for him to get all those nice shoes / clothes/toys, mummy & dada have to work really hard!!We let him hover,he trys to wash up,{makes a mess of it tho} he clips dada's nails,he gets allowance at the end of the week!!

*We let him know through hard & craft NOthing is Impossible! & try to Enjoy & Grasp every passing moment as a reward well-earned!! We show him how much we value family time together,we travel, we hang out playing Footie,Cinema,Bowling,doing fun things we enjoy as a family!

[b]Never Give Up:[/b]When he cant get that math homework right,we'll take a break & work on it some more! give him a sense of self-direction,i do what he wants to do sometimes,even if i dont want to!! He'll keep at it "PLease" . .that boy can cajole!!

~Its an on-ging process,as he gets older,i add more or emphasize on some of the above!
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by abujabooks(f): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2008
I am teaching my kids d following:

Fast
Have a relationship with God.
Invest their money.
To be respectful to their elders.
To cook.
To budget.
Use cash and no credit cards.
Be their own boss.
Increase their knowledge daily & tv will nt do that 4 dm.
Many more!
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by KarmaMod(f): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2008
Good tips, mohawk esp on letting him no be there when you do things that you told him not to do. Lol.

Definitely. After all is said and done, they wont be there when the son or daughter ends up in a miserable marriage cos of the pushing
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by KarmaMod(f): 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2008
abujabooks:

Very important.
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by mohawkchic(f): 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

Good tips, mohawk esp on letting him no be there when you do things that you told him not to do. Lol.

~Lol Ta. KarmaMod . . .These kids now-a-days their brains work over-time!!Wouldnt want him to justify his wrong choices in Life b/c i didnt set a positive example!!
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by KarmaMod(f): 9:11pm On Nov 18, 2008
mohawkchic:

~Lol Ta. KarmaMod . . .These kids now-a-days their brains work over-time!!Wouldnt want him to justify his wrong choices in Life b/c i didnt set a positive example!!

That reminds me of something I read about Obama

The man recently stopped smoking yet it's said his daughters have NEVER seen him smoke. Not once. Not 'omg I saw him by accident". Nada.

It's amusing.
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by TOYOSI20(f): 9:24pm On Nov 18, 2008
abujabooks:

I am teaching my kids d following:

Fast
Have a relationship with God.
Invest their money.
To be respectful to their elders.
To cook.
To budget.
Be their own boss.
Increase their knowledge daily & tv will nt do that 4 dm.
Many more!

Couldn't have said it better myself. smiley
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by Okijajuju1(m): 10:42pm On Nov 18, 2008
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by Okijajuju1(m): 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2008
Lessons I will pass on to my kids

1. Fear nothing. Not Man, God, Spirit or beast.
2. Be always willing to learn.
3. Silence is a virtue.
4. Never make the same mistakes twice.
5. Do not look down on any man.
6. Loyalty.
7. Plan.
8. Always aspire for more.
9. Oye ajuju ade'fu uzo (He who asks questions, never gets lost)
10. Hope for the best, plan for the wosrt.
11. Trust nobody but yourself
12. Family always comes first.
13. Invest
14. Be prepared at all times
15. Think before you act.
16. Education is priceless

And a whole lot more
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by TOYOSI20(f): 10:46pm On Nov 18, 2008
@ Okija,
Nothing wrong with ur list jare,. . . . wink
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by KarmaMod(f): 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2008
okija, do you intend on marrying an atheist like yourself?

else your wife/mother of your kids might have a problem with #1
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by SeanT21(f): 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2008
[size=15pt]~Relationship with GOD
~Sex after marriage
~To always reach high for their dreams
~Put God first in everything
~Be true to Yourselves
~Love who You are and forget naysayers.
~Express Yourselves
~Choose friends by their characters and Socks by their colors[/size]
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by Okijajuju1(m): 11:06pm On Nov 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

okija, do you intend on marrying an atheist like yourself?

else your wife/mother of your kids might have a problem with #1

Not necessarily.

All I am trying to teach my kid is that "fear is the key to bondage."
Whatever you fear, has power over you.

In whatever religion he/she decides to afilliate themselves with, they should never have fear in their hearts.
Love God, respect God whatever, but do not be afriad of him.

@ Okija,
Nothing wrong with ur list jare,.

Thanks dear.  wink
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by DavidDylan(m): 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2008
- Jesus Christ
- winning is important but its not everything.
- Hardwork
- Respect, integrity, forthrightness
- Contentment
- Dad is human so its ok to tell him your faults too.
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by KarmaMod(f): 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2008
Okija_juju:

Not necessarily.

All I am trying to teach my kid is that "fear is the key to bondage."
Whatever you fear, has power over you.

In whatever religion he/she decides to afilliate themselves with, they should never have fear in their hearts.
Love God, respect God whatever, but do not be afriad of him.

I see what you mean. But you know that most people correlate "good person" to "God fearing" hence the question
wink
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by TOYOSI20(f): 11:09pm On Nov 18, 2008
Okija_juju:

Thanks dear. wink

U're welcome, wink
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by Okijajuju1(m): 11:14pm On Nov 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

I see what you mean. But you know that most people correlate "good person" to "God fearing" hence the question
wink

I still ask the question,

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE GOD-FEARING??
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by DavidDylan(m): 11:16pm On Nov 18, 2008
Okija_juju:

I still ask the question,

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE GOD-FEARING??

It doesnt mean "fearing" God in the sense you may think. It simply means reverence.
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by Okijajuju1(m): 11:21pm On Nov 18, 2008
DavidDylan:

It doesnt mean "fearing" God in the sense you may think. It simply means reverence.

Well its all good, as long as it dosent mean fearing whatever. I'm cool with acknowleding him if thats their thing.
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by iice(f): 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2008
Honor
Honesty
Contentment
Re: Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids by Flakybaby(f): 8:24pm On Nov 20, 2008
1. Good relationship wiv God
2. Being respectful
3. Be content wiv wat he or she has
4. Honesty
5. Be truthful
6. Dont love becos of material things
7. Teach them hw 2 cook
8. Be hard-working
9. Never dislike skool
10. and so on smiley

(1) (Reply)

Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? / My Hot Tempered Husband Beats Me ...but I Still Love Him / Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.