Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:52 PM

Stop Calling Motherhood A Job - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stop Calling Motherhood A Job (707 Views)

Am Married He Wont Stop Calling Me, What Do I Do Please.for Matured Minds Only. / The Joys Of Motherhood In Pictures! / I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Calling Motherhood A Job by simplyOJ(m): 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
Every mother has been led to believe that motherhood is "the hardest job in the world." But motherhood isn't a job, it's a lifelong relationship. If you view motherhood as a job, you're going to be sorely disappointed. You never get to clock out, you aren't allotted breaks and you probably won't get much vacation time.

Most tired, frazzled, stressed-out moms are comforted by this platitude: Being a mom is the toughest job in the world. Being a mother is really, ridiculously hard on some days, and so is being a father.

Motherhood is a relationship. I understand that it is encouraging to tell moms that they are doing the hardest job in the world, but I also think it is misleading. When you begin to see motherhood as a job, you stop viewing it as a relationship. Such notion can breed frustration because those mothers would begin to wonder why they don't get promotions, raises, breaks, sick days, better benefits, etc. If motherhood was a job, some mothers would have quit by now.

Is motherhood a job or a relationship?
Re: Stop Calling Motherhood A Job by Stillfire: 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
I don't believe it's the hardest job in the world. What do you want bricklayers to say? They should stop deceiving themselves. Nobody sent you to carry belle. It is your freaking duty to take care of the kids you bore.
Re: Stop Calling Motherhood A Job by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
Motherhood is both a job and a relationship.

A woman who willingly and is prepared for motherhood and not because a sp.erm donor passed by,will/is not threatened when motherhood is refered to as "tough"

A prepared woman who sees motherhood As a job , gets to receive rewards,rest a lot,receive promotions(from a mother to >> a mother in-law >> to a grand mother) and recognitions when she does well in the duty of raising her children aright,,when she sees them going by guiding principles and following the lead of good models,,when they start bringing Laurels home...

As a relationship,you get to continue being a mother,being a shoulder and a director to your children even when they are grown...
The bonding and connection lingers on...

It is not the hardest by mere looks,,but emotionally,psycologically and spiritually,,it is indeed a tough,top notch..
Meant for only the prepared.

Halleluyah cheesy
Re: Stop Calling Motherhood A Job by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
Odilafta:
Motherhood is both a job and a relationship.

As a job,you get to receive rewards,rest a lot,receive promotions(from a mother to >> a mother in-law >> to a grand mother) and recognitions when you do well in the duty of raising your children aright,,when you guide them and lead them as models,,when they start bringing Laurels home...

As a relationship,you get to continue being a mother,being a shoulder and a director to your children even when they are grown...
The bonding and connection lingers on.

It is not the hardest by mere looks,,but it is emotionally,psycologically and spiritually....

Halleluyah cheesy

AMEN!!!
Re: Stop Calling Motherhood A Job by Kanwulia: 6:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
Just like marriage, and all other interpersonal/professional aspects of life, you can't have one without the other. To succeed in ALL aspects of life you have to WORK hard with motivation, perseverance and TOUGH LOVE! kiss

Motherhood being interpreted as a job can only frustrate those who became mothers by "ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE"! Any mother who truly loves being a "mom" would rejoice at having the MOST DIFFICULT JOB IN THE WORLD! kiss

From conception to birth AND BEYOND, motherhood is INDEED THE TOUGHEST JOB ON THE WORLD!

Fatherhood is the next tough job! kiss

Loving, caring and raising a child UNCONDITIONALLY is a JOB without an end!

The writer is soooooo entitled to his or her opinions! kiss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Eye Service, Advice From An Older Wife. / If Only Your Sensitivity Period Was Taken Seriously..don't Repeat These Mistake. / You Need To Read This :'(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.