Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,032 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo (52679 Views)

Stop Playing With Fire & Withdraw Troops -- Tompolo Warns Buhari / Festus Keyamo Tweet On Fuel Scarcity During GEJ's Administration / Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by amzee(m): 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
This is what you get in a country
where the Presidency worships
militants and gives them contracts:

Popular Lagos-based lawyer,
Festus Keyamo, has petitioned the
State Security Services and the
Nigerian Police over an alleged
threat to his life by an ex-militant
leader popularly known as
Tompolo.

In the letter dated October 29, and
also copied to the President and the
Delta State governor, Keyamo said
that Tompolo threatened to “beat
him to death” for wading into a
perceived fraud in the just
concluded Delta State local
government election.
Keyamo said: “At exactly
10:13p.m. on Tuesday,
October 28, 2014, I received a
telephone call from one Mr.
Government Ekpemupolo
(alias Tompolo)…,
“We have been acquaintances
in the past, so I know his
numbers. After reaffirming that
he is Tompolo when I picked
his call, he went straight to the
point by informing me that he
wishes to inform me that he
and his ‘boys’ will kill me by
beating me to death or
shooting me anywhere they
can find me. And that the hunt
for me is on.

“His exact words in pidgin
English was ‘we dey look for
you. Anywhere we see you,
whether for Lagos or Abuja or
Warri, we go beat you die or
we go shoot you.’

“He said he would kill me because I have decided to take up the matter
involving his blood brother, Mr.
George Ekpemupolo, who was used
to illegally substitute another
candidate, Mr. Weyinmi Omadeli
(48 hours to the election) in the
Warri South-West L.G.A elections
that were concluded last Saturday
in Delta State.”

On Tuesday, Mr. Keyamo had
petitioned Emmanuel Uduaghan,
the Delta State governor, over the
latter’s “illegal substitution” of Mr.
Omadeli, a Peoples Democratic
Party, PDP, candidate for Warri
South-West at the council poll with
George Ekpemuopolo, Tompolo’s
younger brother.
“On this issue concerning Warri
South-West L.G.A, I have no choice
but to cry out, because your
decision is capable of igniting a
crisis that will affect all of us. The
decision was taken whimsically
and it is unjust, unfair, illegal, and
ungodly,” Mr. Keyamo had written
to the governor.

“Consequently, it is unacceptable
and will be challenged legally and
politically.”
Mr. Keyamo said Tompolo told him
that nobody had ever challenged
his authority in Delta State.
“I asked Tompolo five times
whether, he was, in fact, threatening
my life over an open line and he
said nobody in the country can do
anything about it by the time I am
dead,” said Mr. Keyamo.
“Co-incidentally, exactly three
minutes after Tompolo dropped his
line, His Excellency, Governor
Uduaghan called me at exactly
10.16pm, and I reported to him
what just transpired between
Tompolo and myself.
“The Governor promised to speak
with him, but that cannot be
reassuring enough, and I know the
remedy in law against an intended
murderer is not to beg him but to
ignite the criminal justice system
against him, no matter how
comatose that system is. ”
Mr. Keyamo said that Tompolo had
the “instrument to kill human
beings”.

“I know the subject of this petition,
Tompolo, is a favoured citizen of
this government, and I am not. I know Tompolo is close to those in
power at the moment, whereas I am
an ordinary citizen. I know Tompolo
has money and influence (which are
factors that are widely
acknowledged to aid a suspect
walk away with murder in Nigeria),
but I have none of these.
“In the circumstance, I am making
this petition public so that when
you refuse to attend to my
complaint and outcry, the ordinary
people of this country will, at least,
know from where my death came
and I will not join the long list of
unresolved murders. My killer,
should, at least be known.”

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by SeunEatsGARRI: 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
.and how will this affect the price of GARRI in the Niger Deltas? undecided

This space is for sale.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by menix(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
Beat to death? Dat guy mst b samson..
Oga Jona I support u oo buh this one I no support, warn ur boy..

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by Descartes: 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by atlwireles: 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
Keyamo, pickup the phone and call Tompolo,so this matter can be settled.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2014
Tompolo is a demi~god. He is well protected by the PDP led federal government so if he eventually harms Keyamo,he will go scot~free.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
nawa o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by phantom(m): 6:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
atlwireles:
you are shameless! look at your response to an issue of this severity.
little wonder people take the youths of Niger delta as a bunch of never do wells. its a pity.

when people say Jonathan has institutionalised violence and corruption,you people scream blue murder.
we can all see Jonathan's FG projects in the Niger Delta i.e empowering thieves and crooks.
on a good day tompolo, should be houseboy to keyamos driver but look at where we are as a nation where thieves are rewarded and merit is sneered at.

337 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by politricks: 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
What do you expect from a thug.

19 Likes

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
nsogbu dikwa,gbabakwa.nkwucha aburo ujo,too bad.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by SamIkenna: 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
atlwireles:

Why should he do that? That's an express encouragement to lawlessness and men who perpetuate it. I understand Tompolo is making big buck from oil brigandry even before the inception of GEJ's administration and I have no problems with it for the simple reason that Nigeria's oil belongs to his people. But to threaten a responsible citizen who is, perhaps, one of the remaining faces of constitutionalism is madness. He needs to learn how to drink his oil in absolute silence else he'll go the way of small men who, after filling their stomachs to the brim, storm out in the open to challenge the gods.

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by atlwireles: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
phantom:
you are shameless! look at your response to an issue of this severity.
little wonder people take the youths of Niger delta as a bunch of never do wells. its a pity.

when people say Jonathan has institutionalised violence and corruption,you people scream blue murder.
we can all see Jonathan's FG projects in the Niger Delta i.e empowering thieves and crooks.
on a good day tompolo, should be houseboy to keyamos driver but look at where we are as a nation where thieves are rewarded and merit is sneered at.

What fuccking issue are you talking about, bloody mor00n. Do you know any other facts besides what the papers are reporting? Don't worry about the youths of the Nigerdelta, is either yours or your father's problem. Now go hang your alamjiris asssss

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by atlwireles: 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
SamIkenna:

Why should he do that? That's an express encouragement to lawlessness and men who perpetuate it. I understand Tompolo is making big buck from oil brigandry even before the inception of GEJ's administration and I have no problems with it for the simple reason that Nigeria's oil belongs to his people. But to threaten a responsible citizen who is, perhaps, one of the remaining faces of constitutionalism is madness. He needs to learn how to drink his oil in absolute silence else he'll go the way of small men who, after filling their stomachs to the brim, storm out in the open to challenge the gods.

Keyamo is telling us a one sided story. If he truly has any problem with Tompolo, he should call him and resolve his problems. This is not about Tomopolo making any kind of big bucks, with or without GEJ the likes of Tompolo have come to stay. That is the reality people will learn to accept in Nigeria.. Tompolo will drink his oil in silence, when all the flies and parasites disturbing his drinking process pack and go, till then you have no choice but live with his noise.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by SeunEatsGARRI: 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
berem:
Tompolo is a demi~god. He is well protected by the PDP led federal government so if he eventually harms Keyamo,he will go scot~free.

Please shut up that your igbotic mouth!
What do you know about the Niger Delta struggle?

Rubbish! undecided

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by otokx(m): 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
Inasmuch as every story has 2 sides; we invite Mama peace to intervene.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by lakpalakpa: 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
Jonathan and thugs...

smh..

7 Likes

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
Some issues are better resolved outta public glare.

I'd advice the leaders wade in cos this nigga's threat can't just be dismissed with a wave of the hand.

He should seek solace in Law Court if the threat persists or make do of the Niger Deltan factor. We're all of the same clime. It's the humility and will to lay low that usually tell us different. If it calls for the trigger or wig, let it roll.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by sayisayi(m): 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
Tompolo is a jackass aligned to the same amoeba that swim freely in the creeks. His money and influence will disappear the day he oversteps the mark his 'Godfathers' have allowed him to walk along.

PDP - Power dat Poisons
#FreeNigerianPeoplefromCROOKS

10 Likes

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by Iceman296: 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
Impunity of the highest order.

The way this Ex Militant Is Revered in the Niger delta shows how backward the People are. He infact is celebrated even more than the people who have done lots for the people of delta state.

Festus Keyamo, Continue doing your thing. If no one has ever challenged him before, its Nice to know you're the Worthy first. All these Abuse of Human right and rule of law should be Stopped.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by chinwike2(m): 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
Am sorry for festus keyamo, of all ex-militants it was Tompolo aka GOVERNMENT he choose to step on his toes. Tompolo that commanded nearly more than half of the whole militants that surrended. If it were asari or akete tom we fit give festus some chance but the delta born white-custome wearing no-nonsense TOMPOLO. Sorry fetus- better call NBA, Oga GEJ to help you and pray to God.

10 Likes

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hmmmmm...Tompolo is rarely heard of or seen in the public view or among government functionaries unlike Asari Dokubo or Ateke Tom. The laters can speak fire and brimstone but the quiteness of the former looks more deadly than what one could imagine. I rather call on all relevant stakeholders to wade into this matter. The issue at stake is beyond Keyamo. Warri has 3 LGAs of which the Itsekiris control 2 (Warri North and South). They still want to hijack the third (Warri South West) from the Ijaws which is unfair for every right thinking Nigerian. The Urhobos that ought to be even aggrieved were not for peace to reign. Keyamo is only dancing to the tone of some people who may have paid him thereby putting his life at stake. We pray peace to reign in Warri. Keyamo who lives in Lagos most times or even 100% should not cause trouble in Warri please. Let Peace Reign in Delta State Please. May God bless Nigeria.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by atlwireles: 12:10am On Oct 31, 2014
By Emma Amaize
WARRI— THE Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Warri South-West Local Government Area, Delta State, Chief Boro Opudu, yesterday, said the replace-ment of the party’s candidate, Mr. Weyimi Omadeli, with Mr. George Ekpemupolo in last Saturday’s local government election in the state, was to avoid a looming ethnic crisis in Warri.
Chief Opudu, who spoke to Vanguard in Warri, said: “I am the chairman of the party in Warri South-West. The insults being thrown at Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan is uncalled for and grossly unnecessary.
“The fact and events that led to the replacement of Omadeli with Ekemupolo was done in the best interest, not only of the party, but the entire local government.
“This is to avoid ethnic crisis that was imminent as a result of some political imbalances that were not taken into cognizance at the time of the primaries conducted by our great party.
“However, if there is any grievance resulting from this decision of our great party, the Itsekiri and Ijaw leaders will meet again to take a decision as it concerns that earlier decision. We will not allow external body or bodies to truncate the existing peace in the local government area.
“The Ijaw and Itsekiri must continue to live in peace. It is on this note that I appeal for calm and urge everyone to stand by the decision of the party.
“As a party, we do have issues, especially in this period of elections. But all such issues were resolved in the best interest of the party and the local government area. It is on this note that I must say that any claim by any person or group of persons as to conflict in the party is non- existent.
“We shall not allow any external influence from any-where to cause a breach of the peace in the local government area, be it legal or political.
“It must also be noted that the governor of the state is the leader of PDP in the state and the three Warri Local Government areas and he had taken certain decisions as it affects Warri South-West Local Government.
“We believe that the decision is in the best interest of the local government.”
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/opudu-explains-pdp-changed-warri-south-west-chairmanship-

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by Rexnegro(m): 1:15am On Oct 31, 2014
EroticAngelina:
nawa o
Na real wa my sis...people forget that power don't last for ever. Am beginning to dislike gej for hearing all this tinz n kip quiet because asari, now tompolo are from south south ? Smh ...what a threat to keyamo.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by Rexnegro(m): 1:21am On Oct 31, 2014
GodsMercy1:
Hmmmmm...Tompolo is rarely heard of or seen in the public view or among government functionaries unlike Asari Dokubo or Ateke Tom. The laters can speak fire and brimstone but the quiteness of the former looks more deadly than what one could imagine. I rather call on all relevant stakeholders to wade into this matter. The issue at stake is beyond Keyamo. Warri has 3 LGAs of which the Itsekiris control 2 (Warri North and South). They still want to hijack the third (Warri South West) from the Ijaws which is unfair for every right thinking Nigerian. The Urhobos that ought to be even aggrieved were not for peace to reign. Keyamo is only dancing to the tone of some people who may have paid him thereby putting his life at stake. We pray peace to reign in Warri. Keyamo who lives in Lagos most times or even 100% should not cause trouble in Warri please. Let Peace Reign in Delta State Please. May God bless Nigeria.
Let assume he's been paid , at least he's been paid to do his job...if truly tompolo brother or whatever did be elected legally wud keyamo decides to pick up the matter up ? U re talking abt peace ...what abt someone riding u like horse every now n then still u want peace to reign, and ur elasticity got to almost breaking point n u don't want to cut , what then wud u do ? is it not to call someone (keyamo) to pull u back . Lies , political , religious , tribal , cultural sentiments are just too much in this con3 jawe ...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by brainpower(m): 2:00am On Oct 31, 2014
I don't support violence and threat to people's lives but each time any of these ex militants is mentioned everyone cries Jonathan. Go and get details about Tompolo,the man was already rich before GEJ, and even if Yar adua or OBJ was still there, he would have still made the threat cos that's the only language they know. And moreover in Nigerian politics, we use any weapon that's at our disposal, if GEJ keeps using these men then it means its working for him.

In the west we have OPC while in the North we have ACF, Sharia and Boko haram, yet these same militants from the south are crying in their own way for what they believe and yet we hate them. If you ever live in the creeks, you will know how loved these people are, and they always care for their families. So whenever militants are mentioned, some people shouldn't always use it to score political points by mentioning GEJ. Whether he is good or not, GEJ is going to win the coming election, I don't see it happening any other way, anyone who thinks otherwise is living under illusions cos Nigeria isn't America and we still have our religious and ethnic differences which are the major fatcors that determine elections not nairaland and twitter and FOI.

Keyamo did the right thing by petitioning the IGP and I hope the IGP will take necessary measures to settle things cos this may lead to a serious ethnic trouble. Moreover Keyamo accpeted that he and Tompolo are acquintances.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by Sibrah: 2:12am On Oct 31, 2014
Useless set up we currently have in this nation.
Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by Sibrah: 2:17am On Oct 31, 2014
brainpower:
I don't support violence and threat to people's lives but each time any of these ex militants is mentioned everyone cries Jonathan. Go and get details about Tompolo,the man was already rich before GEJ, and even if Yar adua or OBJ was still there, he would have still made the threat cos that's the only language they know. And moreover in Nigerian politics, we use any weapon that's at our disposal, if GEJ keeps using these men then it means its working for him.

In the west we have OPC while in the North we have ACF, Sharia and Boko haram, yet these same militants from the south are crying in their own way for what they believe and yet we hate them. If you ever live in the creeks, you will know how loved these people are, and they always care for their families. So whenever militants are mentioned, some people shouldn't always use it to score political points by mentioning GEJ. Whether he is good or not, GEJ is going to win the coming election, I don't see it happening any other way, anyone who thinks otherwise is living under illusions cos Nigeria isn't America and we still have our religious and ethnic differences which are the major fatcors that determine elections not nairaland and twitter and FOI.

Keyamo did the right thing by petitioning the IGP and I hope the IGP will take necessary measures to settle things cos this may lead to a serious ethnic trouble. Moreover Keyamo accpeted that he and Tompolo are acquintances.
Brainpower uhh!
+ve or -ve?
Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by edo3(m): 2:49am On Oct 31, 2014
Don't worry festus,,when u die we know who kill u,,but die first na.. Lol..**just jokin ma bro,ni weapon fashioned against u shal prosper..**

1 Like

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by atlwireles: 3:31am On Oct 31, 2014
It is a lie, Tompolo’s media aide
Dismissing Keyamo’s allegation, Tompolo’s media aide Mr. Bebenimibo said: “Tompolo called him to ask him why he is dragging him into a matter that he had no hand in because Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, is a political party and anything concerning the party should be discussed with the governor, who is the leader of party.”
He confirmed that Keyamo had called Tompolo several times in the past, requesting him to buy some property, but his boss told him he had no money to buy property.
Bebenimibo said: “Why should Tompolo threaten Keyamo? What for? Tompolo only told him to stop dragging his name into what he knows nothing about.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/delta-lg-polls-fallout-tompolo-threatening-life-keyamo/#sthash.B7dnbEOW.dpuf

4 Likes

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by tit(f): 4:18am On Oct 31, 2014
No be say we go fight
No even be say I go beat you
Na I go beat you to death!

Keyamo, you see yarsef?
You don chop FFK money finish?

Nonesense

2 Likes

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by omazus: 5:20am On Oct 31, 2014
Mr. Keyamo said that Tompolo had the “instrument to kill human beings”.

That's the head of the nail

2 Likes

Re: I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo by Pangea: 6:24am On Oct 31, 2014
grin grin grin
Welcome to the jungle,
Where might is right!

Festus, u better start looking for asylum till PDP is kicked out, or very soon you too will become part of the statistics! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued / Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable / Man Offers To Cut Buhari's Hair For 1year To Save 86m Off The Nation's Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.